Re-defining co-management to facilitate small-scale fisheries reform: An illustration from northwest Mexico
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jentoft, Svein & McCay, Bonnie, 1995. "User participation in fisheries management: lessons drawn from international experiences," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 227-246, May.
- Edella Schlager & Elinor Ostrom, 1992. "Property-Rights Regimes and Natural Resources: A Conceptual Analysis," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 68(3), pages 249-262.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:55:y:1961:i:04:p:831-842_12 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fox, Jonathan, 1996. "How does civil society thicken? the political construction of social capital in rural Mexico," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 1089-1103, June.
- Pomeroy, Robert S & Berkes, Fikret, 1997. "Two to tango: The role of government in fisheries co-management," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 465-480, September.
- Ghazala Mansuri, 2004.
"Community-Based and -Driven Development: A Critical Review,"
World Bank Research Observer,
World Bank Group, vol. 19(1), pages 1-39.
- Mansuri, Ghazala & Rao, Vijayendra, 2004. "Community-based (and driven) development : A critical review," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3209, The World Bank.
- Pomeroy, Robert S. & Katon, Brenda M. & Harkes, Ingvild, 2001. "Conditions affecting the success of fisheries co-management: lessons from Asia," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 197-208, May.
- Sen, Sevaly & Raakjaer Nielsen, Jesper, 1996. "Fisheries co-management: a comparative analysis," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 405-418, September.
- Hernández-Trillo, Fausto & Jarillo-Rabling, Brenda, 2008. "Is Local Beautiful? Fiscal Decentralization in Mexico," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(9), pages 1547-1558, September.
- Jentoft, Svein, 1989. "Fisheries co-management , : Delegating government responsibility to fishermen's organizations," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 137-154, April.
- Noble, Bram F., 2000. "Institutional criteria for co-management," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 69-77, January.
- Hauck, Maria, 2008. "Rethinking small-scale fisheries compliance," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 635-642, July.
- McCay, Bonnie J. & Micheli, Fiorenza & Ponce-Díaz, Germán & Murray, Grant & Shester, Geoff & Ramirez-Sanchez, Saudiel & Weisman, Wendy, 2014. "Cooperatives, concessions, and co-management on the Pacific coast of Mexico," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 49-59.
- Raakjær Nielsen, Jesper, 2003. "An analytical framework for studying: compliance and legitimacy in fisheries management," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 425-432, September.
- Christophe Béné & Bjørn Hersoug & Edward H. Allison, 2010. "Not by Rent Alone: Analysing the Pro-Poor Functions of Small-Scale Fisheries in Developing Countries," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 28(3), pages 325-358, May.
- Hilborn, Ray, 2007. "Defining success in fisheries and conflicts in objectives," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 153-158, March.
- Espinosa-Romero, Maria J. & Rodriguez, Laura F. & Weaver, Amy Hudson & Villanueva-Aznar, Cristina & Torre, Jorge, 2014. "The changing role of NGOs in Mexican small-scale fisheries: From environmental conservation to multi-scale governance," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(PA), pages 290-299.
- Jentoft, Svein, 2000. "Legitimacy and disappointment in fisheries management," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 141-148, March.
- Thorpe, Andy & Ibarra, Alonso Aguilar & Reid, Chris, 2000. "The New Economic Model and Marine Fisheries Development in Latin America," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(9), pages 1689-1702, September.
- Cinti, A. & Shaw, W. & Torre, J., 2010. "Insights from the users to improve fisheries performance: Fishers' knowledge and attitudes on fisheries policies in Bahía de Kino, Gulf of California, Mexico," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 1322-1334, November.
- Steffen, Will & Young, Oran R. & Grove, J. Morgan & Kofinas, Gary P. & Carpenter, Stephen R. & Folke, Carl & Abel, Nick & Olsson, Per & Smith, D. Mark Stafford & Walker, Brian & Berkes, Fikret & Biggs, 2010. "Ecosystem Stewardship: Sustainability Strategies for a Rapidly Changing Planet," Scholarly Articles 9774650, Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
- Jentoft, Svein, 2005. "Fisheries co-management as empowerment," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 1-7, January.
- Hanich, Quentin & Tsamenyi, Martin, 2009. "Managing fisheries and corruption in the Pacific Islands region," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 386-392, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:endesu:v:19:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s10668-016-9799-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Freed, Sarah & Dujon, Veronica & Granek, Elise F. & Mouhhidine, Jaffar, 2016. "Enhancing small-scale fisheries management through community engagement and multi-community partnerships: Comoros case study," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 81-91.
- Nguyen KimDung & Simon R. Bush & Arthur P. J. Mol, 2016. "The Vietnamese State and Administrative Co-Management of Nature Reserves," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(3), pages 1-19, March.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:8:y:2016:i:3:p:292:d:66243 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsSmall-scale fisheries; Governance; Multi-level; Co-management; Northwest Mexico;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:marpol:v:51:y:2015:i:c:p:433-441. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/marpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.