User participation in fisheries management: lessons drawn from international experiences
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Burton, Peter S., 2003.
"Community enforcement of fisheries effort restrictions,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 45(2, Supple), pages 474-491, March.
- Burton, P.S., 2001. "Community Enforcement of Fisheries Effort Restrictions," Department of Economics at Dalhousie University working papers archive 2001-01, Dalhousie, Department of Economics.
- Parzival Copes, 1999. "The Need for Balance in Canada's Fisheries Policy," Discussion Papers dp00-09, Department of Economics, Simon Fraser University, revised Feb 2000.
- Benchekroun, Hassan & Van Long, Ngo, 2002. "Transboundary Fishery: A Differential Game Model," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 69(274), pages 207-221, May.
- Ebbin, Syma A., 2002. "Enhanced fit through institutional interplay in the Pacific Northwest Salmon co-management regime," Marine Policy, Elsevier, pages 253-259.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Thomas, Alyssa S. & Milfont, Taciano L. & Gavin, Michael C., 2015. "What determines fishers’ knowledge of and attitudes towards regulations? A case study from the Marlborough Sounds, New Zealand," Marine Policy, Elsevier, pages 547-554.
- Richter, Andries & Dakos, Vasilis, 2015. "Profit fluctuations signal eroding resilience of natural resources," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 117(C), pages 12-21.
- Santiago, Jose L. & Ballesteros, Marta A. & Chapela, Rosa & Silva, Cristina & Nielsen, Kåre N. & Rangel, Mafalda & Erzini, Karim & Wise, Laura & Campos, Aida & Borges, Maria F. & Sala, Antonello & Vir, 2015. "Is Europe ready for a results-based approach to fisheries management? The voice of stakeholders," Marine Policy, Elsevier, pages 86-97.
- Coglan, Louisa & Pascoe, Sean, 2015. "Corporate-cooperative management of fisheries: A potential alternative governance structure for low value small fisheries?," Marine Policy, Elsevier, pages 27-35.
- Finkbeiner, Elena M. & Basurto, Xavier, 2015. "Re-defining co-management to facilitate small-scale fisheries reform: An illustration from northwest Mexico," Marine Policy, Elsevier, pages 433-441.
- Parés, Claudio & Dresdner, Jorge & Salgado, Hugo, 2015. "Who should set the total allowable catch? Social preferences and legitimacy in fisheries management institutions," Marine Policy, Elsevier, pages 36-43.
- Hanna, Susan S., 1999. "Strengthening governance of ocean fishery resources," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 275-286, November.
- Bailey, Jennifer, 2016. "Adventures in cross-disciplinary studies: Grand strategy and fisheries management," Marine Policy, Elsevier, pages 18-27.
- Kouévi, A.T. & Van Mierlo, B. & Leeuwis, C. & Vodouhê, S.D., 2013. "The design of a contextualized responsive evaluation framework for fishery management in Benin," Evaluation and Program Planning, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 15-28.
- Brewer, T.D. & Moon, K., 2015. "Towards a functional typology of small-scale fisheries co-management informed by stakeholder perceptions: A coral reef case study," Marine Policy, Elsevier, pages 48-56.
- Deason, Ginger & Seekamp, Erin & Barbieri, Carla, 2014. "Perceived impacts of climate change, coastal development and policy on oyster harvesting in the Southeastern United States," Marine Policy, Elsevier, pages 142-150.
- McClenachan, Loren & O’Connor, Grace & Reynolds, Travis, 2015. "Adaptive capacity of co-management systems in the face of environmental change: The soft-shell clam fishery and invasive green crabs in Maine," Marine Policy, Elsevier, pages 26-32.
- Kouévi, T.A. & van Mierlo, B. & Leeuwis, C., 2013. "Learning about fishery management: Evaluation of a contextualized responsive evaluation approach," Evaluation and Program Planning, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 1-11.
- Yates, K.L., 2014. "View from the wheelhouse: Perceptions on marine management from the fishing community and suggestions for improvement," Marine Policy, Elsevier, pages 39-50.
- McCay, Bonnie J., 0. "Forms Of Property Rights And The Impacts Of Changing Ownership," Increasing Understanding of Public Problems and Policies, Farm Foundation.
- Olson, Julia & Clay, Patricia M. & Pinto da Silva, Patricia, 2014. "Putting the seafood in sustainable food systems," Marine Policy, Elsevier, pages 104-111.
- Khan, A.S. & Mikkola, H. & Brummett, R., 2004. "Feasibility of fisheries co-management in Africa," Naga, The WorldFish Center, vol. 27(1-2), pages 60-64.
- Aaron Hatcher & Daniel Gordon, 2005. "Further Investigations into the Factors Affecting Compliance with U.K. Fishing Quotas," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 81(1).
More about this item
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:marpol:v:19:y:1995:i:3:p:227-246. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/marpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.