Assessing fishers' empowerment in inland openwater fisheries in Bangladesh
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Nunan, Fiona, 2006. "Empowerment and institutions: Managing fisheries in Uganda," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(7), pages 1316-1332, July.
- Kazi Ali Toufique, 1998.
"Institutions and Externalities in the Inland Fisheries of Bangladesh,"
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 74(3), pages 409-421.
- Kazi Ali Toufique, 1997. "Institutions and Externalities in the Inland Fisheries of Bangladesh," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 73(3), pages 408-421.
- Nielsen, Jesper Raakjær & Degnbol, Poul & Viswanathan, K. Kuperan & Ahmed, Mahfuzuddin & Hara, Mafaniso & Abdullah, Nik Mustapha Raja, 2004. "Fisheries co-management--an institutional innovation? Lessons from South East Asia and Southern Africa," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 151-160, March.
- Ahmed, M. & Capistrano, D. & Hossain, M., 1992. "Redirecting benefits to genuine fishermen: Bangladesh's new fisheries management policy," Naga, The WorldFish Center, vol. 15(4), pages 31-34.
- Lise, Wietze, 2000. "Factors influencing people's participation in forest management in India," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 379-392, September.
- Maliao, Ronald J. & Pomeroy, Robert S. & Turingan, Ralph G., 2009. "Performance of community-based coastal resource management (CBCRM) programs in the Philippines: A meta-analysis," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 818-825, September.
- Pomeroy, Robert S. & Katon, Brenda M. & Harkes, Ingvild, 2001. "Conditions affecting the success of fisheries co-management: lessons from Asia," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 197-208, May.
- Toufique, Kazi Ali, 1997. "Some observations on power and property rights in the inland fisheries of Bangladesh," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 457-467, March.
- Kalikoski, Daniela Coswig & Vasconcellos, Marcelo & Lavkulich, Les, 2002. "Fitting institutions to ecosystems: the case of artisanal fisheries management in the estuary of Patos Lagoon," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 179-196, May.
- Jentoft, Svein, 2005. "Fisheries co-management as empowerment," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 1-7, January.
More about this item
KeywordsCommunity based fishery management Bangladesh Inland openwater fisheries CBFM approach Empowerment CBOs and co-management;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:70:y:2011:i:11:p:2114-2123. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.