2013, Volume 38, Issue C
- 246-256 Tracing value chains to understand effects of trade on coral reef fish in Zanzibar, Tanzania
by Thyresson, M. & Crona, B. & Nyström, M. & de la Torre-Castro, M. & Jiddawi, N.
- 257-266 Who gets what? Developing a more equitable framework for EU fishing agreements
by Le Manach, Frédéric & Andriamahefazafy, Mialy & Harper, Sarah & Harris, Alasdair & Hosch, Gilles & Lange, Glenn-Marie & Zeller, Dirk & Sumaila, Ussif Rashid
- 267-276 Institutional quality and catch performance of fishing nations
by Flaaten, Ola
- 277-286 Knowing in context: An exploration of the interface of marine harvesters' local ecological knowledge with ecosystem approaches to management
by Bundy, Alida & Davis, Anthony
- 287-292 A comparative case study of fish stocking between Sweden and Finland: Explaining differences in decision making at the street level
by Sevä, Mikael
- 293-303 Fishing gear substitution to reduce bycatch and habitat impacts: An example of social–ecological research to inform policy
by Jenkins, Lekelia D. & Garrison, Karen
- 304-311 How terrestrial management concepts have led to unrealistic expectations of marine protected areas
by Kearney, R. & Farebrother, G. & Buxton, C.D. & Goodsell, P.
- 312-320 The International Plan of Action for Sharks: How does national implementation measure up?
by Davis, Brendal & Worm, Boris
- 321-324 Swedish coastal herring fisheries in the wake of an ITQ system
by Waldo, Staffan & Berndt, Kim & Hammarlund, Cecilia & Lindegren, Martin & Nilsson, Anders & Persson, Anders
- 325-329 Marine bioregional plans and implementation issues: Australia's oceans policy process
by Vince, Joanna
- 330-336 “See you in court!”: Whaling as a two level game in Australian politics and foreign policy
by Heazle, Michael
- 337-345 A communicative turnaround: Shifting the burden of proof in European fisheries governance
by Linke, Sebastian & Jentoft, Svein
- 346-354 The effectiveness of community-based governance of small-scale fisheries, Ngazidja island, Comoros
by Hauzer, Melissa & Dearden, Philip & Murray, Grant
- 355-364 Lessons learned from investing in marine and coastal management initiatives in the East Asian Seas
by Tengberg, Anna & Cabanban, Annadel S
- 365-368 Polar bears and CITES: A rejoinder to Parsons and Cornick
by Clark, Douglas A. & Meek, Chanda & Cheechoo, John & Clark, Susan & Lee Foote, A. & Lee, David & York, Geoff
- 369-374 Moving beyond the fished or farmed dichotomy
by Klinger, Dane H. & Turnipseed, Mary & Anderson, James L. & Asche, Frank & Crowder, Larry B. & Guttormsen, Atle G. & Halpern, Benjamin S. & O'Connor, Mary I. & Sagarin, Raphael & Selkoe, Kimberly A. & Shester, Geoffrey G. & Smith, Martin D. & Tyedmers, Peter
- 375-386 A critical review of fishing agreements with tropical developing countries
by Gagern, Antonius & van den Bergh, Jeroen
- 387-396 Identifying the importance of the “skipper effect” within sources of measured inefficiency in fisheries through data envelopment analysis (DEA)
by Vázquez-Rowe, Ian & Tyedmers, Peter
- 397-406 The Precautionary approach to fisheries management: How this is taken into account by Tuna regional fisheries management organisations (RFMOs)
by de Bruyn, Paul & Murua, Hilario & Aranda, Martín
- 407-416 Multilevel governance and management of shared stocks with integrated markets: The European anchovy case
by Mulazzani, Luca & Curtin, Richard & Andrés, Marga & Malorgio, Giulio
- 417-427 Fishery livelihoods and (non-)compliance with fishery regulations—A case study in Ca Mau Province, Mekong Delta, Viet Nam
by Ha, Tran Thi Phung & van Dijk, Han
- 428-437 The conflict between the southern right whale and coastal fisheries on the southern coast of Brazil
by Antunes Zappes, Camilah & da Silva, Camila Ventura & Pontalti, Mônica & Lauriano Danielski, Mônica & Di Beneditto, Ana Paula Madeira
- 438-446 Climate change, scenarios and marine biodiversity conservation
by Haward, Marcus & Davidson, Julie & Lockwood, Michael & Hockings, Marc & Kriwoken, Lorne & Allchin, Robyn
- 447-456 Socio-economic impacts of ocean acidification in the Mediterranean Sea
by Rodrigues, Luís C. & van den Bergh, Jeroen C.J.M. & Ghermandi, Andrea
- 457-469 A review of animal welfare implications of the Canadian commercial seal hunt
by Butterworth, Andrew & Richardson, Mary
- 470-475 Estimating the economic impacts of bycatch in U.S. commercial fisheries
by Patrick, Wesley S. & Benaka, Lee R.
- 476-482 Adaptation of fisheries and mariculture management to extreme oceanic environmental changes and climate variability in Taiwan
by Chang, Yi & Lee, Ming-An & Lee, Kuo-Tien & Shao, Kwang-Tsao
- 483-490 Leatherback turtle conservation in the Caribbean UK overseas territories: Act local, think global?
by Richardson, Peter B. & Broderick, Annette C. & Coyne, Michael S. & Gore, Shannon & Gumbs, James C. & Pickering, Arlington & Ranger, Susan & Witt, Matthew J. & Godley, Brendan J.
- 491-499 Marine renewables and coastal communities—Experiences from the offshore oil industry in the 1970s and their relevance to marine renewables in the 2010s
by Johnson, Kate & Kerr, Sandy & Side, Jonathan
- 500-506 How robust is the environmental impact assessment process in South Australia? Behind the scenes of the Adelaide seawater desalination project
by Kämpf, Jochen & Clarke, Beverley
- 507-514 Individual consistency in the foraging behaviour of Northern Gannets: Implications for interactions with offshore renewable energy developments
by Soanes, L.M. & Atkinson, P.W. & Gauvain, R.D. & Green, J.A.
- 515-522 A survey of US halibut IFQ holders: Market participation, attitudes, and impacts
by Carothers, Courtney
- 523-530 Conservation values in marine ecosystem-based management
by Sanchirico, James N. & Lew, Daniel K. & Haynie, Alan C. & Kling, David M. & Layton, David F.
- 531-537 Priority questions to shape the marine and coastal policy research agenda in the United Kingdom
by Rees, Siân & Fletcher, Stephen & Glegg, Gillian & Marshall, Charlotte & Rodwell, Lynda & Jefferson, Rebecca & Campbell, Maria & Langmead, Olivia & Ashley, Matthew & Bloomfield, Helen & Brutto, Daniel & Colenutt, Andrew & Conversi, Alessandra & Earll, Bob & Hattam, Caroline & Ingram, Simon & McKinley, Emma & Mee, Laurence & Oates, Jenny & Peckett, Francis & Portus, Jim & Reed, Martin & Rogers, Stuart & Saunders, Justine & Scales, Kylie & Wynn, Russel
- 538-544 Managing for a resilient ocean
by Fujita, R. & Moxley, J.H. & DeBey, H. & Van Leuvan, T. & Leumer, A. & Honey, K. & Aguilera, S. & Foley, M.
- 545-547 Shark bites and public attitudes: Policy implications from the first before and after shark bite survey
by Neff, Christopher L. & Yang, Jean Y.H.
- 548-550 Is a stock overfished if it is depleted by overfishing? A response to the rebuttal of Agnew et al. to Froese and Proelss “Evaluation and legal assessment of certified seafood”
by Froese, Rainer & Proelss, Alexander
- 551-553 Rebuttal to Froese and Proelss “Evaluation and legal assessment of certified seafood”
by Agnew, D.J. & Gutiérrez, N.L. & Stern-Pirlot, A. & Smith, A.D.M. & Zimmermann, C. & Sainsbury, K.
- 554-556 Comments on ‘Prospects for the use of macroalgae for fuel in Ireland and UK: An overview of marine management issues’
by Hughes, Adam D & Black, Kenneth D & Campbell, Iona & Heymans, Johanna J & Orr, Kyla K & Stanley, Michele S. & Kelly, Maeve S.
- 557-565 Accounting for heterogeneity in small-scale fisheries management: The Amazon case
by Castello, Leandro & McGrath, David G. & Arantes, Caroline C. & Almeida, Oriana T.
2013, Volume 37, Issue C
- 1-2 Introduction: Social and cultural impacts of marine fisheries
by Urquhart, Julie & Acott, Tim & Zhao, Minghua
- 3-10 MPA policy: What lies behind the science?
by Caveen, Alex J. & Gray, Tim S. & Stead, Selina M. & Polunin, Nicholas V.C.
- 11-19 The regional development and management of fisheries: The UK case
by Smith, Hance D.
- 20-27 Small versus large-scale, multi-fleet fisheries: The case for economic, social and environmental access criteria in European fisheries
by Crilly, R. & Esteban, A.
- 28-36 Assessing the social wellbeing of Northern Ireland's fishing society using a three-dimensional approach
by Britton, Easkey & Coulthard, Sarah
- 37-44 Artisanal fishing as an undesirable way of life? The implications for governance of fishers' wellbeing aspirations in coastal Uruguay and southeastern Brazil
by Trimble, Micaela & Johnson, Derek
- 45-54 Constructing ‘The Stade’: Fishers' and non-fishers' identity and place attachment in Hastings, south-east England
by Urquhart, Julie & Acott, Tim
- 55-61 Exploring concepts of fisheries ‘dependency’ and ‘community’ in Scotland
by Ross, Natalie
- 62-68 Beyond fish as commodities: Understanding the socio-cultural role of inshore fisheries in England
by Reed, Matt & Courtney, Paul & Urquhart, Julie & Ross, Natalie
- 69-76 Women as visible and invisible workers in fisheries: A case study of Northern England
by Zhao, Minghua & Tyzack, Marilyn & Anderson, Rodney & Onoakpovike, Estera
- 77-85 Oysters thrive in the right environment: The social sustainability of oyster farming in the Eyre Peninsula, South Australia
by Pierce, Janine & Robinson, Guy
- 86-95 Development and evaluation of social indicators of vulnerability and resiliency for fishing communities in the Gulf of Mexico
by Jacob, Steve & Weeks, Priscilla & Blount, Ben & Jepson, Michael
- 96-105 A Bayesian model of factors influencing indigenous participation in the Torres Strait tropical rocklobster fishery
by van Putten, Ingrid & Lalancette, Annie & Bayliss, Peter & Dennis, Darren & Hutton, Trevor & Norman-López, Ana & Pascoe, Sean & Plagányi, Eva & Skewes, Tim
- 106-114 Financial services for small and medium-scale aquaculture and fisheries producers
by Kleih, Ulrich & Linton, John & Marr, Ana & Mactaggart, Murdoch & Naziri, Diego & Orchard, John E.
- 115-122 Management objectives of Queensland fisheries: Putting the horse before the cart
by Pascoe, Sean & Mary Dichmont, Catherine & Brooks, Kate & Pears, Rachel & Jebreen, Edward
- 123-131 Choosing a fishery’s governance structure using data poor methods
by Dichmont, Catherine Mary & Pascoe, Sean & Jebreen, Edward & Pears, Rachel & Brooks, Kate & Perez, Pascal
- 132-140 Conservation incentives and collective choices in cooperative fisheries
by Ovando, Daniel A. & Deacon, Robert T. & Lester, Sarah E. & Costello, Christopher & Van Leuvan, Tonya & McIlwain, Karlynn & Kent Strauss, C. & Arbuckle, Michael & Fujita, Rod & Gelcich, Stefan & Uchida, Hirotsugu
- 141-148 Fishers’ compliance motivations: A case study of the Sultanate of Oman
by Al-Subhi, Khalid Khalifa Nasser & Bose, Shekar & Al-Masroori, Hussein Samh
- 149-164 Monitoring and evaluation of spatially managed areas: A generic framework for implementation of ecosystem based marine management and its application
by Stelzenmüller, Vanessa & Breen, Patricia & Stamford, Tammy & Thomsen, Frank & Badalamenti, Fabio & Borja, Ángel & Buhl-Mortensen, Lene & Carlstöm, Julia & D’Anna, Giovanni & Dankers, Norbert & Degraer, Steven & Dujin, Mike & Fiorentino, Fabio & Galparsoro, Ibon & Giakoumi, Sylvaine & Gristina, Michele & Johnson, Kate & Jones, Peter J.S. & Katsanevakis, Stelios & Knittweis, Leyla & Kyriazi, Zacharoula & Pipitone, Carlo & Piwowarczyk, Joanna & Rabaut, Marijn & Sørensen, Thomas K. & van Dalfsen, Jan & Vassilopoulou, Vassiliki & Vega Fernández, Tomás & Vincx, Magda & Vöge, Sandra & Weber, Anke & Wijkmark, Nicklas & Jak, Robbert & Qiu, Wanfei & ter Hofstede, Remment
- 165-175 Enhancing the agency of fishers: A conceptual model of self-management in Australian abalone fisheries
by Gilmour, Patrick W. & Dwyer, Peter D. & Day, Robert W.
- 176-182 Management implications of fishing up, down, or through the marine food web
by Foley, C.M.R.
- 183-191 The role of subsistence fishing in the hybrid economy of an indigenous community
by Busilacchi, Sara & Russ, Garry R. & Williams, Ashley J. & Sutton, Stephen G. & Begg, Gavin A.
- 192-199 The justification, design and implementation of Ecological Risk Assessments of the effects of fishing on seabirds
by Small, Cleo & Waugh, Susan M. & Phillips, Richard A.
- 200-213 Lessons for fisheries management from the EU cod recovery plan
by Kraak, Sarah B.M. & Bailey, Nick & Cardinale, Massimiliano & Darby, Chris & De Oliveira, José A.A. & Eero, Margit & Graham, Norman & Holmes, Steven & Jakobsen, Tore & Kempf, Alexander & Kirkegaard, Eskild & Powell, John & Scott, Robert D. & Simmonds, E. John & Ulrich, Clara & Vanhee, Willy & Vinther, Morten
- 214-229 Evaluation of marine spatial planning
by Carneiro, Gonçalo
- 230-238 The role of the marine sector in the Irish national economy: An input–output analysis
by Morrissey, Karyn & O’Donoghue, Cathal
- 239-244 Attitudes of Scottish fishers towards marine renewable energy
by Alexander, Karen A. & Wilding, Thomas A. & Jacomina Heymans, Johanna
- 245-253 Dominant discourses, among fishers and middlemen, of the factors affecting coral reef fish distributions in Solomon Islands
by Brewer, T.D.
- 254-263 The perceptions of Scottish inshore fishers about marine protected areas
by Pita, Cristina & Theodossiou, Ioannis & Pierce, Graham J.
- 264-269 Norway's experience with ITQs
by Hannesson, Rögnvaldur
- 270-277 What makes them follow the rules? Empirical evidence from turtle egg harvesters in Costa Rica
by Madrigal-Ballestero, Róger & Schlüter, Achim & Claudia Lopez, Maria
- 278-287 Sustaining small-scale fisheries with periodically harvested marine reserves
by Cohen, Philippa J. & Foale, Simon J.
- 288-293 The ‘devils triangle’ of MSC certification: Balancing credibility, accessibility and continuous improvement
by Bush, Simon R. & Toonen, Hilde & Oosterveer, Peter & Mol, Arthur P.J.
- 294-304 Putting sustainable fisheries on the map? Establishing no-take zones for North Sea plaice fisheries through MSC certification
by Toonen, Hilde M. & Mol, Arthur P.J.
2012, Volume 36, Issue 6
- 1193-1201 Integrated environmental assessment of fisheries management: Swedish Nephrops trawl fisheries evaluated using a life cycle approach
by Hornborg, Sara & Nilsson, Per & Valentinsson, Daniel & Ziegler, Friederike
- 1202-1210 Compensatory mitigation in marine ecosystems: Which indicators for assessing the “no net loss” goal of ecosystem services and ecological functions?
by Levrel, Harold & Pioch, Sylvain & Spieler, Richard
- 1211-1220 Conflicts at sea between artisanal and industrial fishers: Inter-sectoral interactions and dispute resolution in Senegal
by DuBois, Carolyn & Zografos, Christos
- 1221-1233 The role of the International Maritime Organization in reducing vessel threat to whales: Process, options, action and effectiveness
by Silber, Gregory K. & Vanderlaan, Angelia S.M. & Tejedor Arceredillo, Ana & Johnson, Lindy & Taggart, Christopher T. & Brown, Moira W. & Bettridge, Shannon & Sagarminaga, Ricardo
- 1234-1241 The management of the distant water tuna fishery in Taiwan
by Ting, Kuo-Huan & Ou, Ching-Hsiewn & Liu, Wen-Hong
- 1242-1254 Catch share programs in developing countries: A survey of the literature
by Jardine, Sunny L. & Sanchirico, James N.
- 1255-1264 Corruption and regulatory compliance: Experimental findings from South African small-scale fisheries
by Sundström, Aksel
- 1265-1274 Legal and institutional tools to mitigate marine turtle bycatch: Argentina as a case study
by González-Carman, Victoria & Machain, Natalia & Albareda, Diego & Mianzan, Hermes & Campagna, Claudio
- 1275-1283 Effective ecosystem-based management must encourage regulatory compliance: A Gulf of California case study
by Ainsworth, C.H. & Morzaria-Luna, H. & Kaplan, I.C. & Levin, P.S. & Fulton, E.A. & Cudney-Bueno, R. & Turk-Boyer, P. & Torre, J. & Danemann, G.D. & Pfister, T.
- 1284-1289 Evaluation and legal assessment of certified seafood
by Froese, Rainer & Proelss, Alexander
- 1290-1300 A tool for site prioritisation of marine protected areas under data poor conditions
by Teh, Lydia C.L. & Teh, Louise S.L. & Pitcher, Tony J.
- 1301-1308 The management of the blue whiting fishery as complex social-ecological system: The Galician case
by Villasante, Sebastián
- 1309-1314 The Common Fisheries Policy: An enforcement problem
by Da Rocha, José-María & Cerviño, Santiago & Villasante, Sebastian
2012, Volume 36, Issue 5
- 947-954 From krill to convenience stores: Forecasting the economic and ecological effects of fisheries management on the US West Coast
by Kaplan, Isaac C. & Leonard, Jerry
- 955-962 Unfinished business: Taiwan's experience with rights-based coastal fisheries management
by Chen, Chung-Ling
- 963-968 The European Marine Strategy: Contribution and challenges from a Portuguese perspective
by Frazão Santos, Catarina & Gonçalves Teixeira, Zara & Janeiro, João & Sousa Gonçalves, Renata & Bjorkland, Rhema & Orbach, Michael
- 969-976 Why comply? Attitudes towards harvest regulations among Swedish fishers
by Jagers, Sverker C. & Berlin, Daniel & Jentoft, Svein
- 977-984 ICZM Protocols to Regional Seas Conventions: What? Why? How?
by Rochette, Julien & Billé, Raphaël
- 985-992 Managing fishing capacity in tuna regional fisheries management organisations (RFMOs): Development and state of the art
by Aranda, Martin & Murua, Hilario & de Bruyn, Paul
- 993-1004 Mapping seascapes of international environmental arrangements in the Coral Triangle
by Fidelman, Pedro & Ekstrom, Julia A.
- 1005-1011 Measuring the benefits and costs of community education and outreach in marine protected areas
by Leisher, Craig & Mangubhai, Sangeeta & Hess, Sebastiaan & Widodo, Hesti & Soekirman, Tri & Tjoe, Salomina & Wawiyai, Stevanus & Neil Larsen, S. & Rumetna, Lukas & Halim, A. & Sanjayan, M.
- 1012-1021 The science of European marine reserves: Status, efficacy, and future needs
by Fenberg, Phillip B. & Caselle, Jennifer E. & Claudet, Joachim & Clemence, Michaela & Gaines, Steven D. & Antonio García-Charton, Jose & Gonçalves, Emanuel J. & Grorud-Colvert, Kirsten & Guidetti, Paolo & Jenkins, Stuart R. & Jones, Peter J.S. & Lester, Sarah E. & McAllen, Rob & Moland, Even & Planes, Serge & Sørensen, Thomas K.
- 1022-1032 Towards the implementation of an integrated ecosystem fleet-based management of European fisheries
by Gascuel, D. & Merino, G. & Döring, R. & Druon, J.N. & Goti, L. & Guénette, S. & Macher, C. & Soma, K. & Travers-Trolet, M. & Mackinson, S.
- 1033-1043 An environmental assessment of risk in achieving good environmental status to support regional prioritisation of management in Europe
by Breen, P. & Robinson, L.A. & Rogers, S.I. & Knights, A.M. & Piet, G. & Churilova, T. & Margonski, P. & Papadopoulou, N. & Akoglu, E. & Eriksson, A. & Finenko, Z. & Fleming-Lehtinen, V. & Galil, B. & Goodsir, F. & Goren, M. & Kryvenko, O. & Leppanen, J.M. & Markantonatou, V. & Moncheva, S. & Oguz, T. & Paltriguera, L. & Stefanova, K. & Timofte, F. & Thomsen, F.
- 1044-1046 Raising the “Sunken Billions”: Financing the transition to sustainable fisheries
by Rangeley, Robert W. & Davies, Robin W.D.
- 1047-1053 Prospects for the use of macro-algae for fuel in Ireland and the UK: An overview of marine management issues
by Roberts, Thomas & Upham, Paul
- 1054-1063 Effort changes around a marine reserve: The case of the California Rockfish Conservation Area
by Mason, Janet & Kosaka, Rosemary & Mamula, Aaron & Speir, Cameron
- 1064-1071 Australia’s no-take marine protected areas: Appropriate conservation or inappropriate management of fishing?
by Kearney, R. & Buxton, C.D. & Farebrother, G.
- 1072-1085 The added value of participatory modelling in fisheries management – what has been learnt?
by Röckmann, Christine & Ulrich, Clara & Dreyer, Marion & Bell, Ewen & Borodzicz, Edward & Haapasaari, Päivi & Hauge, Kjellrun Hiis & Howell, Daniel & Mäntyniemi, Samu & Miller, David & Tserpes, George & Pastoors, Martin
- 1086-1095 Norwegian aquaculture expansion and Integrated Coastal Zone Management (ICZM): Simmering conflicts and competing claims
by Tiller, Rachel & Brekken, Tove & Bailey, Jennifer
- 1096-1104 Are marine reserves and non-consumptive activities compatible? A global analysis of marine reserve regulations
by Thurstan, Ruth H. & Hawkins, Julie P. & Neves, Luiza & Roberts, Callum M.
- 1105-1111 The perceptions of fisheries management options by Spain's Atlantic fishermen
by Amigo-Dobaño, Lucy & Dolores Garza-Gil, M. & Varela-Lafuente, Manuel
- 1112-1122 Offshore wind capital cost estimation in the U.S. Outer Continental Shelf—A reference class approach
by Kaiser, Mark J. & Snyder, Brian
- 1123-1130 Eco-labeling of seafood: Does it affect the harvesting patterns of Norwegian fishermen?
by Karlsen, Kine Mari & Hermansen, Øystein & Dreyer, Bent M.
- 1131-1138 Explaining global patterns and trends in marine protected area (MPA) development
by Fox, Helen E. & Soltanoff, Carrie S. & Mascia, Michael B. & Haisfield, Kelly M. & Lombana, Alfonso V. & Pyke, Christopher R. & Wood, Louisa
- 1139-1149 Coming to the table: Early stakeholder engagement in marine spatial planning
by Gopnik, Morgan & Fieseler, Clare & Cantral, Laura & McClellan, Kate & Pendleton, Linwood & Crowder, Larry
- 1150-1165 Assessment of IUU fishing for Southern Bluefin Tuna
by Polacheck, Tom
- 1166-1171 Application of non-market valuation to California's coastal policy decisions
by Raheem, N. & Colt, S. & Fleishman, E. & Talberth, J. & Swedeen, P. & Boyle, K.J. & Rudd, M. & Lopez, R.D. & Crocker, D. & Bohan, D. & O'Higgins, T. & Willer, C. & Boumans, R.M.
- 1172-1177 The changing environment of fisheries policy in Europe
by Aanesen, Margrethe & Armstrong, Claire W. & van Hoof, Luc
- 1178-1181 The expansion, limit and decline of the global marine fish catch
by Pontecorvo, Giulio & Schrank, William E.
- 1182-1187 MSC certification in Argentina: Stakeholders’ perceptions and lessons learned
by Pérez-Ramírez, Mónica & Lluch-Cota, Salvador & Lasta, Mario
- 1188-1190 The targets of management rules for marine mammal populations require justification: A reply to Cooke et al. (2012)
by Lonergan, Mike
- 1191-1192 FAO's state of fisheries and aquaculture: Correcting some misrepresentations by Pauly and Froese
by Branch, Trevor A.
2012, Volume 36, Issue 4
- 845-858 Trends in the global market for crews: A case study
by Silos, J.M. & Piniella, F. & Monedero, J. & Walliser, J.
- 859-866 Shifting accountabilities? Understanding the connections between national and provincial fisheries in Papua New Guinea
by Benson, Catherine S.
- 867-881 Mariculture development and livelihood diversification in the Philippines
by Salayo, Nerissa D. & Perez, Maripaz L. & Garces, Len R. & Pido, Michael D.
- 882-894 First steps towards a quota allocation system in the Indian Ocean
by Noye, Jeremy & Mfodwo, Kwame
- 895-902 A software tool for monitoring legal minimum length of landings: Case study of a fishery in southern Spain
by Cabrera, R. & Valero-Franco, C. & Piniella, F. & Díaz, C. & Gómez-Cama, M.C. & Soriguer, M.C. & Hernando, J.A.
- 903-906 Size matters: Short term loss and long term gain in a size-selective fishery
by Cardinale, Massimiliano & Hjelm, Joakim
- 907-914 Science-based coastal management in Fiji: Two case studies from the NGO sector
by Hastings, Jesse G. & Gruby, Rebecca L. & Sievanen, Leila S.
- 915-921 Geospatial analysis of management areas implemented for protection of the North Atlantic right whale along the northern Atlantic coast of the United States
by Asaro, Michael J.
- 922-932 Creating compliance: A cross-sectional study of the factors associated with marine protected area outcomes
by Warner, Tammy E. & Pomeroy, Robert S.
- 933-946 Ecological Risk Assessment for seabird interactions in Western and Central Pacific longline fisheries
by Waugh, Susan M. & Filippi, Dominique P. & Kirby, David S. & Abraham, Edward & Walker, Nathan
2012, Volume 36, Issue 3
- 567-575 Impacts of a bottom trawling exclusion zone on Snow Crab abundance and fish harvester behavior in the Labrador Sea, Canada
by Mullowney, Darrell R.J. & Morris, Corey J. & Dawe, Earl G. & Skanes, Katherine R.
- 576-582 Classifying levels of protection in Marine Protected Areas
by Al-Abdulrazzak, Dalal & Trombulak, Stephen C.
- 583-591 Red snapper discards in the Gulf of Mexico: Fishermen's perceptions following the implementation of Individual Fishing Quotas
by Cullis-Suzuki, Sarika & McAllister, Murdoch & Baker, Pamela & Carruthers, Tom & Tate, T.J.
- 592-597 Questionable interpretation of the Precautionary Principle in Australia's implementation of ‘no-take’ marine protected areas
by Kearney, R. & Buxton, C.D. & Goodsell, P. & Farebrother, G.
- 598-605 The first network of marine protected areas (MPAs) in the high seas: The process, the challenges and where next
by O'Leary, B.C. & Brown, R.L. & Johnson, D.E. & von Nordheim, H. & Ardron, J. & Packeiser, T. & Roberts, C.M.
- 606-612 Determining primary and companion species in a multi-species fishery: Implications for TAC setting
by Klaer, Neil L. & Smith, David C.
- 613-622 Conservation of vaquita marina in the Northern Gulf of California
by Avila-Forcada, Sara & Martínez-Cruz, Adán L. & Muñoz-Piña, Carlos
- 623-629 Management of the precious coral fishery in Taiwan: Progress and perspectives
by Chen, Chih-Shin
- 630-635 Analysis of inequalities between the fishing capacities of the fleets of the European union
by Perez-Labajos, Carlos A.
- 636-643 Institutional ambiguity in implementing the European Union Marine Strategy Framework Directive
by van Leeuwen, Judith & van Hoof, Luc & van Tatenhove, Jan
- 644-657 Assessing catch shares' effects evidence from Federal United States and associated British Columbian fisheries
by Grimm, Dietmar & Barkhorn, Ivan & Festa, David & Bonzon, Kate & Boomhower, Judd & Hovland, Valerie & Blau, Jason
- 658-666 On unequal footing: Stakeholder perspectives on the marine strategy framework directive as a mechanism of the ecosystem-based approach to marine management
by Ounanian, K. & Delaney, A. & Raakjær, J. & Ramirez-Monsalve, P.
- 667-672 Marine renewable energy and public rights
by Todd, Paul
- 673-680 The Magnuson–Stevens act (1976) and its reauthorizations: Failure or success for the implementation of fishery sustainability and management in the US?
by Dell'Apa, Andrea & Schiavinato, Lisa & Rulifson, Roger A.
- 681-688 Managing organizational change in an international scientific network: A study of ICES reform processes
by Stange, Kari & Olsson, Per & Österblom, Henrik
- 689-695 Stakeholder participation in the management of North East Atlantic pelagic fish stocks: The future role of the Pelagic Regional Advisory Council in a reformed CFP
by Coers, Aukje & Raakjær, Jesper & Olesen, Christian
- 696-702 Tackling illegal, unregulated, and unreported trade towards Humphead wrasse (Cheilinus undulatus) recovery in Sabah, Malaysia
by Poh, Tun-Min & Fanning, Lucia M.
- 703-712 Shipping casualties and loss of life in UK merchant shipping, UK second register and foreign flags used by UK shipping companies
by Roberts, Stephen E & Marlow, Peter B & Jaremin, Bogdan
- 713-715 Filling the gaps one at a time: The Gully Marine Protected Area in Eastern Canada. A response to Agardy, Notarbartolo di Sciara and Christie
by Westhead, Maxine C. & Fenton, Derek G. & Koropatnick, Tanya A. & Macnab, Paul A. & Moors, Hilary B.
- 716-726 Reconciling classifications of ecologically and biologically significant areas in the world’s oceans
by Gregr, Edward J. & Ahrens, Andrea L. & Ian Perry, R.
- 727-737 Global implementation of marine protected areas: Is the developing world being left behind?
by Marinesque, Sophie & Kaplan, David M. & Rodwell, Lynda D.
- 738-745 Whitefish wars: Pangasius, politics and consumer confusion in Europe
by Little, David C. & Bush, Simon R. & Belton, Ben & Thanh Phuong, Nguyen & Young, James A. & Murray, Francis J.
- 753-759 Communicating climate change: Climate change risk perceptions and rock lobster fishers, Tasmania
by Nursey-Bray, Melissa & Pecl, G.T. & Frusher, S. & Gardner, C. & Haward, M. & Hobday, A.J. & Jennings, S. & Punt, A.E. & Revill, H. & van Putten, I.
- 760-768 The FAO global capture production database: A six-decade effort to catch the trend
by Garibaldi, Luca
- 769-781 Reflective practice for marine planning: A case study of marine nature-based tourism partnerships
by Kelly, Claire & Essex, Stephen & Glegg, Gillian
- 782-789 Investigating interest group representation on the Pacific Fisheries Management Council
by Holahan, Robert
- 790-800 A comparison between manganese nodules and cobalt crust economics in a scenario of mutual exclusivity
by Martino, Simone & Parson, Lindsay M.
- 801-808 Will regionalisation improve fisheries management in the EU? An analysis of the Swedish eel management plan reflects difficulties
by Svedäng, H. & Gipperth, L.
- 809-822 Disputed South China Sea hydrocarbons in perspective
by Owen, Nick A. & Schofield, Clive H.
- 823-831 Marine conservation policy in Seychelles: Current constraints and prospects for improvement
by Clifton, Julian & Etienne, Michelle & Barnes, David K.A. & Barnes, Richard S.K. & Suggett, David J. & Smith, David J.
- 832-838 Adoption of the arctic search and rescue agreement: A shift of the arctic regime toward a hard law basis?
by Kao, Shih-Ming & Pearre, Nathaniel S. & Firestone, Jeremy
- 839-843 Improving marine environmental health through marine citizenship: A call for debate
by McKinley, Emma & Fletcher, Stephen
2012, Volume 36, Issue 2
- 307-320 Sustainability of deep-sea fisheries
by Norse, Elliott A. & Brooke, Sandra & Cheung, William W.L. & Clark, Malcolm R. & Ekeland, Ivar & Froese, Rainer & Gjerde, Kristina M. & Haedrich, Richard L. & Heppell, Selina S. & Morato, Telmo & Morgan, Lance E. & Pauly, Daniel & Sumaila, Rashid & Watson, Reg
- 321-326 Eliminating illegal bottom trawl fishing in the coastal waters of Korea
by Cho, Dong-Oh
- 327-332 Distributing the bigeye conservation burden in the western and central pacific fisheries
by Hanich, Quentin
- 333-338 Sweden and the Baltic Sea pipeline: Between ecology and economy
by Lidskog, Rolf & Elander, Ingemar
- 339-349 Individual transferable quotas versus auctioned seasonal quotas: An experimental investigation
by Moxnes, Erling
- 350-357 Taiwan's response to international fisheries management after 2005 as influenced by ICCAT and fishers' perception
by Chen, Chung-Ling
- 358-364 The Irish marine economy and regional development
by Morrissey, Karyn & O’Donoghue, Cathal
- 365-369 The importance of fishing method, gear and origin: The Spanish hake market
by Asche, Frank & Guillen, Jordi
- 370-377 Challenges to achieving greater and fairer stakeholder involvement in marine spatial planning as illustrated by the Lyme Bay scallop dredging closure
by Fleming, D.M. & Jones, P.J.S.
- 378-381 Designating networks of chemosynthetic ecosystem reserves in the deep sea
by Van Dover, C.L. & Smith, C.R. & Ardron, J. & Dunn, D. & Gjerde, K. & Levin, L. & Smith, S.
- 382-388 NGO involvement in marine spatial planning: A way forward?
by Calado, Helena & Bentz, Julia & Ng, Kiat & Zivian, Anna & Schaefer, Nicole & Pringle, Colin & Johnson, David & Phillips, Mike
- 389-392 Management rules for marine mammal populations: A response to Lonergan
by Cooke, Justin & Leaper, Russell & Wade, Paul & Lavigne, David & Taylor, Barbara
- 393-404 Defining standard statistical coastal regions for Ireland
by Hynes, Stephen & Farrelly, Niall
- 405-413 Species at risk in Canada: Lessons learned from the listing of three species of wolffish
by Dawe, Jennifer L. & Neis, Barbara
- 414-422 Fishers' perceptions as indicators of the performance of Marine Protected Areas (MPAs)
by Leleu, Kevin & Alban, Frédérique & Pelletier, Dominique & Charbonnel, Eric & Letourneur, Yves & Boudouresque, Charles F.
- 423-431 A review of EU bio-economic models for fisheries: The value of a diversity of models
by Prellezo, Raúl & Accadia, Paolo & Andersen, Jesper L. & Andersen, Bo S. & Buisman, Erik & Little, Alyson & Nielsen, J. Rasmus & Poos, Jan Jaap & Powell, Jeff & Röckmann, Christine
- 432-439 Methods of social assessment in Marine Protected Area planning: Is public participation enough?
by Voyer, Michelle & Gladstone, William & Goodall, Heather
- 440-445 Management implications for the changing interactions between people and whales in Ha'apai, Tonga
by Kessler, Megan & Harcourt, Robert
- 446-453 Comparison of simultaneous and combinatorial auction designs in fisheries quota market
by Iftekhar, M.S. & Tisdell, J.G.
- 454-462 Implications of Arctic industrial growth and strategies to mitigate future vessel and fishing gear impacts on bowhead whales
by Reeves, Randall & Rosa, Cheryl & George, J.Craig & Sheffield, Gay & Moore, Michael
- 463-465 Revisiting ocean thermal energy conversion
by Fujita, Rod & Markham, Alexander C. & Diaz Diaz, Julio E. & Rosa Martinez Garcia, Julia & Scarborough, Courtney & Greenfield, Patrick & Black, Peter & Aguilera, Stacy E.
- 466-472 Fishermen's perspectives on climate variability
by Zhang, Junjie & Fleming, Jason & Goericke, Ralf
- 473-480 The hesitant emergence of maximum sustainable yield (MSY) in fisheries policies in Europe
by Mesnil, Benoit
- 481-488 Co-management of coral reef fisheries: A critical evaluation of the literature
by Wamukota, A.W. & Cinner, J.E. & McClanahan, T.R.
- 489-494 Whale watching, the Buenos Aires Group and the politics of the International Whaling Commission
by Bailey, Jennifer L.
- 495-501 Integrating the science education nexus into coastal governance: A Mediterranean and Black Sea case study
by House, Christopher & Phillips, Michael R.
- 502-511 Managing Bluefin Tuna in the Mediterranean Sea
by Sumaila, Ussif Rashid & Huang, Ling
- 520-527 Managing overcapacity in small-scale fisheries in Southeast Asia
by Pomeroy, Robert S.
- 528-535 The effectiveness of the ISM Code: A qualitative enquiry
by Bhattacharya, Syamantak
- 536-543 Actions taken by fishing Nations towards identification and protection of vulnerable marine ecosystems in the high seas: The Spanish case (Atlantic Ocean)
by Durán Muñoz, P. & Sayago-Gil, M. & Murillo, F.J. & Del Río, J.L. & López-Abellán, L.J. & Sacau, M. & Sarralde, R.
- 544-549 Global fisheries losses at the exclusive economic zone level, 1950 to present
by Srinivasan, U. Thara & Watson, Reg & Rashid Sumaila, U.
- 550-558 Public management in New Zealand and its effect on institutional arrangements for managing fisheries
by Bess, Randall
- 559-563 Engaging Los Angeles County subsistence anglers in the California marine protected area planning process
by Stevenson, Charlotte & Sikich, Sarah Abramson & Gold, Mark
2012, Volume 36, Issue 1
- 1-10 The way forward with ecosystem-based management in tropical contexts: Reconciling with existing management systems
by Aswani, Shankar & Christie, Patrick & Muthiga, Nyawira A. & Mahon, Robin & Primavera, Jurgenne H. & Cramer, Lori A. & Barbier, Edward B. & Granek, Elise F. & Kennedy, Chris J. & Wolanski, Eric & Hacker, Sally
- 11-17 Feasibility of ranching coastal cod (Gadus morhua) compared with on-growing, full-cycle farming and fishing
by Halldórsson, Jón E. & Björnsson, Björn & Gunnlaugsson, Stefán B.
- 18-27 The Spanish approach to marine spatial planning. Marine Strategy Framework Directive vs. EU Integrated Maritime Policy
by Suárez de Vivero, Juan Luis & Rodríguez Mateos, Juan Carlos
- 28-33 Perceptions of occupational risk by US commercial fishermen
by Davis, Mary E.
- 34-41 Stakeholder perceptions of the northern Gulf of Mexico grouper and tilefish individual fishing quota program
by Tokotch, Britni N. & Meindl, Christopher F. & Hoare, Armando & Jepson, Michael E.
- 42-53 Governing large-scale marine commons: Contextual challenges in the Coral Triangle
by Fidelman, Pedro & Evans, Louisa & Fabinyi, Michael & Foale, Simon & Cinner, Josh & Rosen, Franciska
- 54-72 Trust in the fisheries scientific community
by Glenn, Helen & Tingley, Diana & Sánchez Maroño, Sonia & Holm, Dennis & Kell, Laurence & Padda, Gurpreet & Runar Edvardsson, Ingi & Asmundsson, Johann & Conides, Alexis & Kapiris, Kostas & Bezabih, Mintewab & Wattage, Premachandra & Kuikka, Sakari
- 73-77 The marine and coastal access act--A hornets' nest?
by Appleby, Tom & Jones, Peter J.S.