Socio-economic quantification of fishing in a European urban area: The case of Vigo
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- González Laxe, Fernando, 2010. "Dysfunctions in common fishing regulations," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 182-188, January.
- Morrissey, Karyn & O’Donoghue, Cathal, 2012. "The Irish marine economy and regional development," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 358-364.
- Noel Roy & Ragnar Arnason & William E. Schrank, 2009. "The Identification of Economic Base Industries, with an Application to the Newfoundland Fishing Industry," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 85(4), pages 675-691.
- van Hoof, L. & van Tatenhove, J., 2009. "EU marine policy on the move: The tension between fisheries and maritime policy," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 726-732, July.
- Morrissey, Karyn & O’Donoghue, Cathal, 2013.
"The role of the marine sector in the Irish national economy: An input–output analysis,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 230-238.
- Morrissey, Karyn & O'Donoghue, Cathal, 2012. "The Role of the Marine Sector in the Irish National Economy: An Input-Output Analysis," Working Papers 148835, National University of Ireland, Galway, Socio-Economic Marine Research Unit.
- Andrew Dyck & U. Sumaila, 2010. "Economic impact of ocean fish populations in the global fishery," Journal of Bioeconomics, Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 227-243, October.
- Khalilian, Setareh & Froese, Rainer & Proelss, Alexander & Requate, Till, 2010. "Designed for failure: A critique of the Common Fisheries Policy of the European Union," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 1178-1182, November.
- Carvalho, Natacha & Rege, Sameer & Fortuna, Mário & Isidro, Eduardo & Edwards-Jones, Gareth, 2011. "Estimating the impacts of eliminating fisheries subsidies on the small island economy of the Azores," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(10), pages 1822-1830, August.
- Da Rocha, José-María & Cerviño, Santiago & Villasante, Sebastian, 2012. "The Common Fisheries Policy: An enforcement problem," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 1309-1314.
- Patrick, Wesley S. & Benaka, Lee R., 2013. "Estimating the economic impacts of bycatch in U.S. commercial fisheries," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 470-475.
- Daw, Tim & Gray, Tim, 2005. "Fisheries science and sustainability in international policy: a study of failure in the European Union's Common Fisheries Policy," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 189-197, May.
- Gray, Tim & Hatchard, Jenny, 2003. "The 2002 reform of the Common Fisheries Policy's system of governance--rhetoric or reality?," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 545-554, November.
- Surís-Regueiro, Juan C. & Varela-Lafuente, Manuel M. & Iglesias-Malvido, Carlos, 2003. "Effectiveness of the structural fisheries policy in the European Union," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 535-544, November.
- Schuschny, Andrés Ricardo, 2005. "Tópicos sobre el modelo de insumo-producto: teoría y aplicaciones," Estudios Estadísticos 37, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Norman-López, Ana & Pascoe, Sean, 2011. "Net economic effects of achieving maximum economic yield in fisheries," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 489-495, July.
- Jin, Di & Hoagland, Porter & Morin Dalton, Tracey, 2003. "Linking economic and ecological models for a marine ecosystem," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 367-385, October.
- Peter Berck & Sandra Hoffmann, 2002. "Assessing the Employment Impacts of Environmental and Natural Resource Policy," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 22(1), pages 133-156, June.
- Surís-Regueiro, Juan C. & Garza-Gil, M. Dolores & Varela-Lafuente, Manuel M., 2013. "Marine economy: A proposal for its definition in the European Union," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 111-124.
- Ross, Natalie, 2013. "Exploring concepts of fisheries ‘dependency’ and ‘community’ in Scotland," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 55-61.
- Bhat, Mahadev G. & Bhatta, Ramachandra, 2006. "Regional economic impacts of limited entry fishery management: an application of dynamic input output model," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(06), pages 709-728, December.
- Kaplan, Isaac C. & Leonard, Jerry, 2012. "From krill to convenience stores: Forecasting the economic and ecological effects of fisheries management on the US West Coast," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 947-954.
- Hatcher, Aaron, 2000. "Subsidies for European fishing fleets: the European Community's structural policy for fisheries 1971-1999," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 129-140, March.
- Hadjimichael, Maria & Edwards-Jones, Gareth & Kaiser, Michel J., 2010. "Distribution of the burden of fisheries regulations in Europe: The north/south divide," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 795-802, July.
- Markus, Till, 2010. "Towards sustainable fisheries subsidies: Entering a new round of reform under the Common Fisheries Policy," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 1117-1124, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jiang, Xu-Zhao & Liu, Tie-Ying & Su, Chi-Wei, 2014. "China׳s marine economy and regional development," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(PA), pages 227-237.
- Surís-Regueiro, Juan C. & Santiago, Jose L., 2014. "Characterization of fisheries dependence in Galicia (Spain)," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 99-109.
More about this item
KeywordsSocio-economic impact; Fisheries sector; Vigo;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:marpol:v:43:y:2014:i:c:p:347-358. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/marpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.