The Role of the Marine Sector in the Irish National Economy: An Input-Output Analysis
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Morrissey, Karyn & O’Donoghue, Cathal, 2013. "The role of the marine sector in the Irish national economy: An input–output analysis," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 230-238.
References listed on IDEAS
- Morrissey, Karyn & O’Donoghue, Cathal, 2012. "The Irish marine economy and regional development," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 358-364.
- Morrissey, Karyn & O'Donoghue, Cathal & Hynes, Stephen, 2011. "Quantifying the value of multi-sectoral marine commercial activity in Ireland," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 721-727, September.
- Nigel Driffield & Max Munday & Annette Roberts, 2002. "Foreign Direct Investment, Transactions Linkages, and the Performance of the Domestic Sector," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(3), pages 335-351.
- Jan A. Van Der Linden, 2001. "The economic impact study of maritime policy issues: application to the German case," Maritime Policy & Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(1), pages 33-54, January.
- Luciana Lazzeretti & Francesco Capone, 2010. "Mapping shipbuilding clusters in Tuscany: main features and policy implications," Maritime Policy & Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(1), pages 37-52, January.
- Peter Midmore & Max Munday & Annette Roberts, 2006. "Assessing industry linkages using regional input-output tables," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(3), pages 329-343.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jacobsen, Kelsey I. & Lester, Sarah E. & Halpern, Benjamin S., 2014. "A global synthesis of the economic multiplier effects of marine sectors," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 273-278.
- Ding, Juan & Ge, Xueqian & Casey, Ryan, 2014. "“Blue competition” in China: Current situation and challenges," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 351-359.
- Lee, Min-Kyu & Yoo, Seung-Hoon, 2014. "The role of the capture fisheries and aquaculture sectors in the Korean national economy: An input–output analysis," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 448-456.
- Miller, Ana Corina & Matthews, Alan & Donnellan, Trevor & Cathal O’Donoghue, Cathal O’Donoghue, 2013. "The Employment Effects of Food Harvest 2020 in Ireland," 87th Annual Conference, April 8-10, 2013, Warwick University, Coventry, UK 158698, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Vega, Amaya & Miller, Ana Corina & O'Donoghue, Cathal, 2014. "The Seafood Sector in Ireland: Economic Impacts of Seafood Production Growth Targets," Working Papers 163051, Socio-Economic Marine Research Unit, National University of Ireland, Galway.
- Caizhi Sun & Kunling Zhang & Wei Zou & Bin Li & Xionghe Qin, 2015. "Assessment and Evolution of the Sustainable Development Ability of Human–Ocean Systems in Coastal Regions of China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(8), pages 1-29, August.
- Flannery, Wesley & O’Hagan, Anne Marie & O’Mahony, Cathal & Ritchie, Heather & Twomey, Sarah, 2015. "Evaluating conditions for transboundary Marine Spatial Planning: Challenges and opportunities on the island of Ireland," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 86-95.
- Vega, Amaya & Corina Miller, Ana & O’Donoghue, Cathal, 2014. "Economic impacts of seafood production growth targets in Ireland," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 39-45.
- Kyunam Kim & Jung-Kyu Jung & Jae Young Choi, 2016. "Impact of the Smart City Industry on the Korean National Economy: Input-Output Analysis," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(7), pages 1-19, July.
- Grealis, Eoin & O’Donoghue, Cathal, 2015. "The Economic Impact of the Irish Bio-Economy: Development and Uses," Research Reports 210704, Socio-Economic Marine Research Unit, National University of Ireland, Galway.
- Surís-Regueiro, Juan C. & Santiago, Jose L., 2014. "Characterization of fisheries dependence in Galicia (Spain)," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 99-109.
- Pinto, Hugo & Cruz, Ana Rita & Combe, Colin, 2015. "Cooperation and the emergence of maritime clusters in the Atlantic: Analysis and implications of innovation and human capital for blue growth," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 167-177.
- Surís-Regueiro, Juan C. & Garza-Gil, M. Dolores & Varela-Lafuente, Manuel M., 2014. "Socio-economic quantification of fishing in a European urban area: The case of Vigo," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 347-358.
- Amaya Vega & Ana Corina Miller & Cathal O'Donoghue, 2014. "The Seafood Sector in Ireland. An Assessment of the Employment Effects of Seafood Production Growth Targets," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp447, IIIS.
More about this item
KeywordsOcean Economy; Input Output Analysis; Industry Linkages; Multipliers; Ireland; Environmental Economics and Policy; Production Economics;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-05-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENV-2013-05-24 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-HME-2013-05-24 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:semrui:148835. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/semgaie.html .