Economic impact of ocean fish populations in the global fishery
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Carl F. Christ, 1955. "A Review of Input-Output Analysis," NBER Chapters,in: Input-Output Analysis: An Appraisal, pages 137-182 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jin, Di & Hoagland, Porter & Morin Dalton, Tracey, 2003. "Linking economic and ecological models for a marine ecosystem," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 367-385, October.
- Jan Oosterhaven & Dirk Stelder, 2002. "Net Multipliers Avoid Exaggerating Impacts: With A Bi-Regional Illustration for the Dutch Transportation Sector," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(3), pages 533-543.
- Bhat, Mahadev G. & Bhatta, Ramachandra, 2006. "Regional economic impacts of limited entry fishery management: an application of dynamic input output model," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(06), pages 709-728, December.
- U. Sumaila & A. Marsden & Reg Watson & Daniel Pauly, 2007. "A Global Ex-vessel Fish Price Database: Construction and Applications," Journal of Bioeconomics, Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 39-51, April.
- Scott Loveridge, 2004. "A Typology and Assessment of Multi-sector Regional Economic Impact Models," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(3), pages 305-317.
- Erik Dietzenbacher, 2005. "More on multipliers," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(2), pages 421-426.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jacobsen, Kelsey I. & Lester, Sarah E. & Halpern, Benjamin S., 2014. "A global synthesis of the economic multiplier effects of marine sectors," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 273-278.
- Carvalho, Natacha & Rege, Sameer & Fortuna, Mário & Isidro, Eduardo & Edwards-Jones, Gareth, 2011. "Estimating the impacts of eliminating fisheries subsidies on the small island economy of the Azores," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(10), pages 1822-1830, August.
- Santiago, Jose L. & Ballesteros, Marta A. & Chapela, Rosa & Silva, Cristina & Nielsen, Kåre N. & Rangel, Mafalda & Erzini, Karim & Wise, Laura & Campos, Aida & Borges, Maria F. & Sala, Antonello & Vir, 2015. "Is Europe ready for a results-based approach to fisheries management? The voice of stakeholders," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 86-97.
- Ngaio Hotte & U. Sumaila, 2014. "How much could a tanker spill cost British Columbians?," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 16(1), pages 159-180, February.
- Allison, E.H., 2011. "Aquaculture, fisheries, poverty and food security," Working Papers, The WorldFish Center, number 39575, September.
- Béné, Christophe & Arthur, Robert & Norbury, Hannah & Allison, Edward H. & Beveridge, Malcolm & Bush, Simon & Campling, Liam & Leschen, Will & Little, David & Squires, Dale & Thilsted, Shakuntala H. &, 2016. "Contribution of Fisheries and Aquaculture to Food Security and Poverty Reduction: Assessing the Current Evidence," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 177-196.
- Ekeland, Ivar & Karp, Larry & Sumaila, Rashid, 2011. "Equilibrium management of fisheries with altruistic overlapping generations," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt8615756p, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Jacques, Peter J., 2015. "Are world fisheries a global panarchy?," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 165-170.
- Ahmed S. Khan, 2012. "Understanding Global Supply Chains and Seafood Markets for the Rebuilding Prospects of Northern Gulf Cod Fisheries," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(11), pages 1-24, November.
- Christensen, Villy & de la Puente, Santiago & Sueiro, Juan Carlos & Steenbeek, Jeroen & Majluf, Patricia, 2014. "Valuing seafood: The Peruvian fisheries sector," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 302-311.
- Surís-Regueiro, Juan C. & Santiago, Jose L., 2014. "Characterization of fisheries dependence in Galicia (Spain)," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 99-109.
- Ekeland, Ivar & Karp, Larry & Sumaila, Rashid, 2015. "Equilibrium resource management with altruistic overlapping generations," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 1-16.
- Schuhbauer, Anna & Sumaila, U. Rashid, 2016. "Economic viability and small-scale fisheries — A review," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 124(C), pages 69-75.
- Surís-Regueiro, Juan C. & Garza-Gil, M. Dolores & Varela-Lafuente, Manuel M., 2014. "Socio-economic quantification of fishing in a European urban area: The case of Vigo," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 347-358.
More about this item
KeywordsFisheries; Input–output; World economy; Economic impact; Q22; D57; F01; L79;
- Q22 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Fishery
- D57 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Input-Output Tables and Analysis
- F01 - International Economics - - General - - - Global Outlook
- L79 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Primary Products and Construction - - - Other
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jbioec:v:12:y:2010:i:3:p:227-243. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.