‘It׳s part of me’; understanding the values, images and principles of coastal users and their influence on the social acceptability of MPAs
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Suuronen, Petri & Jounela, Pekka & Tschernij, Vesa, 2010. "Fishermen responses on marine protected areas in the Baltic cod fishery," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 237-243, March.
- Jentoft, Svein, 2000. "The community: a missing link of fisheries management," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 53-60, January.
- Jentoft, Svein & Chuenpagdee, Ratana, 2009. "Fisheries and coastal governance as a wicked problem," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 553-560, July.
- Charlotte Epstein, 2006. "The Making of Global Environmental Norms: Endangered Species Protection," Global Environmental Politics, MIT Press, vol. 6(2), pages 32-54, May.
- Degnbol, Poul & Gislason, Henrik & Hanna, Susan & Jentoft, Svein & Raakjær Nielsen, Jesper & Sverdrup-Jensen, Sten & Clyde Wilson, Douglas, 2006. "Painting the floor with a hammer: Technical fixes in fisheries management," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 534-543, September.
- Perez de Oliveira, Lucia, 2013. "Fishers as advocates of marine protected areas: a case study from Galicia (NW Spain)," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 95-102.
- Bundy, Alida & Davis, Anthony, 2013. "Knowing in context: An exploration of the interface of marine harvesters' local ecological knowledge with ecosystem approaches to management," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 277-286.
- Chuenpagdee, Ratana & Pascual-Fernández, Jose J. & Szeliánszky, Emese & Luis Alegret, Juan & Fraga, Julia & Jentoft, Svein, 2013. "Marine protected areas: Re-thinking their inception," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 234-240.
- Song, Andrew M. & Chuenpagdee, Ratana & Jentoft, Svein, 2013. "Values, images, and principles: What they represent and how they may improve fisheries governance," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 167-175.
- Jentoft, Svein, 2006. "Beyond fisheries management: The Phronetic dimension," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 671-680, November.
- Symes, David & Hoefnagel, Ellen, 2010. "Fisheries policy, research and the social sciences in Europe: Challenges for the 21st century," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 268-275, March.
- Jentoft, Svein, 2007. "Limits of governability: Institutional implications for fisheries and coastal governance," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 360-370, July.
- Voyer, Michelle & Gladstone, William & Goodall, Heather, 2012. "Methods of social assessment in Marine Protected Area planning: Is public participation enough?," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 432-439.
- Agardy, Tundi & di Sciara, Giuseppe Notarbartolo & Christie, Patrick, 2011. "Mind the gap: Addressing the shortcomings of marine protected areas through large scale marine spatial planning," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 226-232, March.
More about this item
KeywordsSocial values; Marine protected areas; Principles; Recreational fishing; Interactive governance theory; Cultural models; Coastal zone management;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:marpol:v:52:y:2015:i:c:p:93-102. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/marpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.