Implementing the Marine Strategy Framework Directive: A policy perspective on regulatory, institutional and stakeholder impediments to effective implementation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Curtin, Richard & Prellezo, Raúl, 2010. "Understanding marine ecosystem based management: A literature review," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 821-830, September.
- De Santo, Elizabeth M., 2010. "'Whose science?' Precaution and power-play in European marine environmental decision-making," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 414-420, May.
- Ounanian, K. & Delaney, A. & Raakjær, J. & Ramirez-Monsalve, P., 2012. "On unequal footing: Stakeholder perspectives on the marine strategy framework directive as a mechanism of the ecosystem-based approach to marine management," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 658-666.
- Aanesen, Margrethe & Armstrong, Claire W. & van Hoof, Luc, 2012. "The changing environment of fisheries policy in Europe," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 1172-1177.
- Salomon, Markus & Dross, Miriam, 2013. "Challenges in cross-sectoral marine protection in Europe," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 142-149.
- Fritz, Jan-Stefan, 2010. "Towards a 'new form of governance' in science-policy relations in the European Maritime Policy," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 1-6, January.
- van Leeuwen, Judith & van Tatenhove, Jan, 2010. "The triangle of marine governance in the environmental governance of Dutch offshore platforms," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 590-597, May.
- Espinosa-Romero, Maria J. & Chan, Kai M.A. & McDaniels, Timothy & Dalmer, Denise M., 2011. "Structuring decision-making for ecosystem-based management," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 575-583, September.
- Fanning, Lucia & Mahon, Robin & McConney, Patrick & Angulo, Jorge & Burrows, Felicity & Chakalall, Bisessar & Gil, Diego & Haughton, Milton & Heileman, Sherry & Martínez, Sergio & Ostine, L'ouverture , 2007. "A large marine ecosystem governance framework," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 434-443, July.
- Mahon, Robin & Fanning, Lucia & McConney, Patrick, 2009. "A governance perspective on the large marine ecosystem approach," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 317-321, March.
- Tallis, Heather & Levin, Phillip S. & Ruckelshaus, Mary & Lester, Sarah E. & McLeod, Karen L. & Fluharty, David L. & Halpern, Benjamin S., 2010. "The many faces of ecosystem-based management: Making the process work today in real places," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 340-348, March.
- van Leeuwen, Judith & van Hoof, Luc & van Tatenhove, Jan, 2012. "Institutional ambiguity in implementing the European Union Marine Strategy Framework Directive," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 636-643.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Langlet, David, 2018. "Scale, space and delimitation in marine legal governance – Perspectives from the Baltic Sea," MarXiv sfqyn, Center for Open Science.
- Kraan, Marloes & Hendriksen, Astrid & van Hoof, Luc & van Leeuwen, Judith & Jouanneau, Charlène, 2014. "How to dance? The tango of stakeholder involvement in marine governance research," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(PB), pages 347-352.
- Bigagli, Emanuele, 2015. "The EU legal framework for the management of marine complex social–ecological systems," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 44-51.
- van Hoof, Luc, 2015. "Fisheries management, the ecosystem approach, regionalisation and the elephants in the room," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 20-26.
- Raakjær, Jesper & van Tatenhove, Jan, 2014. "Marine governance of European Seas: Introduction," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(PB), pages 323-324.
- van Tatenhove, Jan & Raakjaer, Jesper & van Leeuwen, Judith & van Hoof, Luc, 2014. "Regional cooperation for European seas: Governance models in support of the implementation of the MSFD," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(PB), pages 364-372.
More about this item
KeywordsGovernance; MSFD; Scale; Policy coordination; Stakeholder values; Scientific input;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:marpol:v:50:y:2014:i:pb:p:325-330. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/marpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.