Fisheries management, the ecosystem approach, regionalisation and the elephants in the room
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- van Hoof, L. & van Tatenhove, J., 2009. "EU marine policy on the move: The tension between fisheries and maritime policy," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 726-732, July.
- Curtin, Richard & Prellezo, Raúl, 2010. "Understanding marine ecosystem based management: A literature review," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 821-830, September.
- Morishita, Joji, 2008. "What is the ecosystem approach for fisheries management," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 19-26, January.
- Jentoft, Svein & Chuenpagdee, Ratana, 2009. "Fisheries and coastal governance as a wicked problem," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 553-560, July.
- Stelzenmüller, Vanessa & Breen, Patricia & Stamford, Tammy & Thomsen, Frank & Badalamenti, Fabio & Borja, Ángel & Buhl-Mortensen, Lene & Carlstöm, Julia & D’Anna, Giovanni & Dankers, Norbert & Degraer, 2013. "Monitoring and evaluation of spatially managed areas: A generic framework for implementation of ecosystem based marine management and its application," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 149-164.
- Ounanian, K. & Delaney, A. & Raakjær, J. & Ramirez-Monsalve, P., 2012. "On unequal footing: Stakeholder perspectives on the marine strategy framework directive as a mechanism of the ecosystem-based approach to marine management," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 658-666.
- Aanesen, Margrethe & Armstrong, Claire W. & van Hoof, Luc, 2012. "The changing environment of fisheries policy in Europe," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 1172-1177.
- van Tatenhove, Jan & Raakjaer, Jesper & van Leeuwen, Judith & van Hoof, Luc, 2014. "Regional cooperation for European seas: Governance models in support of the implementation of the MSFD," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(PB), pages 364-372.
- van Leeuwen, Judith & Raakjaer, Jesper & van Hoof, Luc & van Tatenhove, Jan & Long, Ronán & Ounanian, Kristen, 2014. "Implementing the Marine Strategy Framework Directive: A policy perspective on regulatory, institutional and stakeholder impediments to effective implementation," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(PB), pages 325-330.
- Hendriksen, Astrid & Jouanneau, Charlène & Koss, Rebecca & Raakjaer, Jesper, 2014. "Fishing for opinions: Stakeholder views on MSFD implementation in European Seas," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(PB), pages 353-363.
- Pitcher, Tony J. & Kalikoski, Daniela & Short, Katherine & Varkey, Divya & Pramod, Ganapathiraju, 2009. "An evaluation of progress in implementing ecosystem-based management of fisheries in 33 countries," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 223-232, March.
- van Hoof, Luc & Hendriksen, Astrid & Bloomfield, Helen J., 2014. "Sometimes you cannot make it on your own; drivers and scenarios for regional cooperation in implementing the EU Marine Strategy Framework Directive," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(PB), pages 339-346.
- Tallis, Heather & Levin, Phillip S. & Ruckelshaus, Mary & Lester, Sarah E. & McLeod, Karen L. & Fluharty, David L. & Halpern, Benjamin S., 2010. "The many faces of ecosystem-based management: Making the process work today in real places," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 340-348, March.
- van Leeuwen, Judith & van Hoof, Luc & van Tatenhove, Jan, 2012. "Institutional ambiguity in implementing the European Union Marine Strategy Framework Directive," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 636-643.
- Freire-Gibb, Lucio Carlos & Koss, Rebecca & Margonski, Piotr & Papadopoulou, Nadia, 2014. "Governance strengths and weaknesses to implement the marine strategy framework directive in European waters," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 172-178.
- Barnes, Cassandra & McFadden, Katherine W., 2008. "Marine ecosystem approaches to management: challenges and lessons in the United States," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 387-392, May.
More about this item
KeywordsFisheries Management; Regionalisation; Marine governance; CFP; MSFD;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:marpol:v:60:y:2015:i:c:p:20-26. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/marpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.