The missing link in marine ecosystem-based management
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Curtin, Richard & Prellezo, Raúl, 2010. "Understanding marine ecosystem based management: A literature review," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 821-830, September.
- Hã‰Ritier, Adrienne & Eckert, Sandra, 2008. "New Modes of Governance in the Shadow of Hierarchy: Self-regulation by Industry in Europe," Journal of Public Policy, Cambridge University Press, vol. 28(1), pages 113-138, April.
- St. Martin, Kevin & Hall-Arber, Madeleine, 2008. "The missing layer: Geo-technologies, communities, and implications for marine spatial planning," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 779-786, September.
- Tallis, Heather & Levin, Phillip S. & Ruckelshaus, Mary & Lester, Sarah E. & McLeod, Karen L. & Fluharty, David L. & Halpern, Benjamin S., 2010. "The many faces of ecosystem-based management: Making the process work today in real places," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 340-348, March.
- Pomeroy, Robert & Douvere, Fanny, 2008. "The engagement of stakeholders in the marine spatial planning process," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 816-822, September.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Röckmann, Christine & van Leeuwen, Judith & Goldsborough, David & Kraan, Marloes & Piet, Gerjan, 2015. "The interaction triangle as a tool for understanding stakeholder interactions in marine ecosystem based management," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 155-162.
- Brennan, Jonathon & Fitzsimmons, Clare & Gray, Tim & Raggatt, Laura, 2014. "EU marine strategy framework directive (MSFD) and marine spatial planning (MSP): Which is the more dominant and practicable contributor to maritime policy in the UK?," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 359-366.
- van Leeuwen, Judith & Raakjaer, Jesper & van Hoof, Luc & van Tatenhove, Jan & Long, Ronán & Ounanian, Kristen, 2014. "Implementing the Marine Strategy Framework Directive: A policy perspective on regulatory, institutional and stakeholder impediments to effective implementation," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(PB), pages 325-330.
- van Hoof, Luc, 2015. "Fisheries management, the ecosystem approach, regionalisation and the elephants in the room," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 20-26.
- Kahui, Viktoria & Richards, Amanda C., 2014. "Lessons from resource management by indigenous Maori in New Zealand: Governing the ecosystems as a commons," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 1-7.
- Tanja Börzel, 2010. "European Governance: Negotiation and Competition in the Shadow of Hierarchy," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(2), pages 191-219, March.
- Merrie, Andrew & Olsson, Per, 2014. "An innovation and agency perspective on the emergence and spread of Marine Spatial Planning," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 366-374.
- Ranger, S. & Kenter, J.O. & Bryce, R. & Cumming, G. & Dapling, T. & Lawes, E. & Richardson, P.B., 2016. "Forming shared values in conservation management: An interpretive-deliberative-democratic approach to including community voices," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 21(PB), pages 344-357.
- Ta-Kang Liu & Yu-Cheng Wang & Laurence Zsu-Hsin Chuang & Chih-How Chen, 2016. "Conservation of the Eastern Taiwan Strait Chinese White Dolphin (Sousa chinensis): Fishers' Perspectives and Management Implications," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 11(8), pages 1-15, August.
- Pomeroy, Caroline & Hall-Arber, Madeleine & Conway, Flaxen, 2015. "Power and perspective: Fisheries and the ocean commons beset by demands of development," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 339-346.
- Lee, Jongmyoung & Hong, Sunwook & Jang, Yong Chang & Lee, Mi Jeong & Kang, Daeseok & Shim, Won Joon, 2015. "Finding solutions for the styrofoam buoy debris problem through participatory workshops," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 182-189.
- Ivan Bozhikin & Nikolay Dentchev, 2018. "Discovering a Wilderness of Regulatory Mechanisms for Corporate Social Responsibility: Literature Review," Economic Alternatives, University of National and World Economy, Sofia, Bulgaria, issue 2, pages 145-174, June.
- Bailey, Jennifer, 2016. "Adventures in cross-disciplinary studies: Grand strategy and fisheries management," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 18-27.
- Lauge Peter Westergaard Clausen & Oliver Foss Hessner Hansen & Nikoline Bang Oturai & Kristian Syberg & Steffen Foss Hansen, 2020. "Stakeholder analysis with regard to a recent European restriction proposal on microplastics," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 15(6), pages 1-30, June.
- Sean Pascoe & Renae Tobin & Jill Windle & Toni Cannard & Nadine Marshall & Zobaidul Kabir & Nicole Flint, 2016. "Developing a Social, Cultural and Economic Report Card for a Regional Industrial Harbour," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 11(2), pages 1-19, February.
- Ramírez, Alejandro & Ortiz, Marco & Steenbeek, Jeroen & Christensen, Villy, 2015. "Evaluation of the effects on rockfish and kelp artisanal fisheries of the proposed Mejillones Peninsula marine protected area (northern Chile, SE Pacific coast)," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 297(C), pages 141-153.
- Niclas Meyer, 2012. "Political Contestation in the Shadow of Hierarchy," LEQS – LSE 'Europe in Question' Discussion Paper Series 46, European Institute, LSE.
- Namatama, Nathan, 2020. "An assessment of stakeholders’ participation in land use planning process of Luapula Province Planning Authority," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 97(C).
- Øistein Harsem & Alf Hoel, 2013. "Climate change and adaptive capacity in fisheries management: the case of Norway," International Environmental Agreements: Politics, Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 49-63, March.
- Wenlong He & Wei Yang & Seong-jin Choi, 2018. "The Interplay Between Private and Public Regulations: Evidence from ISO 14001 Adoption Among Chinese Firms," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 152(2), pages 477-497, October.
More about this item
KeywordsEcosystem-based management; the Arctic Ocean; regulation of industrial acitivity; oil versus fisheries.;
All these keywords.
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Language; Social and Economic Stratification
- Z18 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Public Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wiw:wiwrsa:ersa14p248. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gunther Maier). General contact details of provider: http://www.ersa.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.