New Zealand׳s fisheries management system: Forced labour an ignored or overlooked dimension?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Batstone, C J & Sharp, B M H, 1999. "New Zealand's quota management system: the first ten years," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 177-190, March.
- Bess, Randall, 2006. "New Zealand seafood firm competitiveness in export markets: The role of the quota management system and aquaculture legislation," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 367-378, July.
- Eythórsson, Einar, 2000. "A decade of ITQ-management in Icelandic fisheries: consolidation without consensus," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 483-492, November.
- Bess, Randall, 2012. "Public management in New Zealand and its effect on institutional arrangements for managing fisheries," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 550-558.
- Pearse, Peter H. & Walters, Carl J., 1992. "Harvesting regulation under quota management systems for ocean fisheries : Decision making in the face of natural variability, weak information, risks and conflicting incentives," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 167-182, May.
- Soliman, Adam, 2014. "Using individual transferable quotas (ITQs) to achieve social policy objectives: A proposed intervention," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 76-81.
- Bremner, Graeme & Johnstone, Peter & Bateson, Tracy & Clarke, Philip, 2009. "Unreported bycatch in the New Zealand West Coast South Island hoki fishery," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 504-512, May.
- Alder, Jacqueline & Cullis-Suzuki, Sarika & Karpouzi, Vasiliki & Kaschner, Kristin & Mondoux, Suzanne & Swartz, Wilf & Trujillo, Pablo & Watson, Reg & Pauly, Daniel, 2010. "Aggregate performance in managing marine ecosystems of 53 maritime countries," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 468-476, May.
- Clark, Ian, 1993. "Individual transferable quotas: the New Zealand experience," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 340-342, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Torkington, Barry, 2016. "New Zealand׳s quota management system – incoherent and conflicted," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 180-183.
- Hamilton-Hart, Natasha & Stringer, Christina, 2016. "Upgrading and exploitation in the fishing industry: Contributions of value chain analysis," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 166-171.
More about this item
KeywordsNew Zealand; ITQs; Fishing industry; Forced labour; Foreign charter vessels; Fisheries management system;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:marpol:v:50:y:2014:i:pa:p:74-80. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/marpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.