Global patterns in the bycatch of sharks and rays
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Davies, R.W.D. & Cripps, S.J. & Nickson, A. & Porter, G., 2009. "Defining and estimating global marine fisheries bycatch," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 661-672, July.
- Gilman, Eric L., 2011. "Bycatch governance and best practice mitigation technology in global tuna fisheries," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 590-609, September.
- Worm, Boris & Davis, Brendal & Kettemer, Lisa & Ward-Paige, Christine A. & Chapman, Demian & Heithaus, Michael R. & Kessel, Steven T. & Gruber, Samuel H., 2013. "Global catches, exploitation rates, and rebuilding options for sharks," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 194-204.
- Petter Johnsen, Jahn & Eliasen, Søren, 2011. "Solving complex fisheries management problems: What the EU can learn from the Nordic experiences of reduction of discards," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 130-139, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Brooke M D’Alberto & John K Carlson & Sebastián A Pardo & Colin A Simpfendorfer, 2019. "Population productivity of shovelnose rays: Inferring the potential for recovery," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 14(11), pages 1-24, November.
- Gareth L Jordaan & Jorge Santos & Johan C Groeneveld, 2020. "Shark discards in selective and mixed-species pelagic longline fisheries," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 15(8), pages 1-19, August.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Erhardt, Tobias & Weder, Rolf, 2020. "Shark hunting: On the vulnerability of resources with heterogeneous species," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(C).
- Sybersma, Stacie, 2015. "Review of shark legislation in Canada as a conservation tool," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 121-126.
- Eric Gilman & Milani Chaloupka & Brett Wiedoff & Jeremy Willson, 2014. "Mitigating Seabird Bycatch during Hauling by Pelagic Longline Vessels," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 9(1), pages 1-12, January.
- Jordan S Goetze & Tim J Langlois & Joe McCarter & Colin A Simpfendorfer & Alec Hughes & Jacob Tingo Leve & Stacy D Jupiter, 2018. "Drivers of reef shark abundance and biomass in the Solomon Islands," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 13(7), pages 1-16, July.
- Andrew T Fields & Debra L Abercrombie & Rowena Eng & Kevin Feldheim & Demian D Chapman, 2015. "A Novel Mini-DNA Barcoding Assay to Identify Processed Fins from Internationally Protected Shark Species," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 10(2), pages 1-10, February.
- Mercedes Rosello & Juan Vilata & Dyhia Belhabib, 2021. "Atlantic Shortfin Mako: Chronicle of a Death Foretold?," Laws, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(3), pages 1-12, June.
- Evans, K. & Young, J.W. & Nicol, S. & Kolody, D. & Allain, V. & Bell, J. & Brown, J.N. & Ganachaud, A. & Hobday, A.J. & Hunt, B. & Innes, J. & Gupta, A. Sen & van Sebille, E. & Kloser, R. & Patterson,, 2015. "Optimising fisheries management in relation to tuna catches in the western central Pacific Ocean: A review of research priorities and opportunities," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 94-104.
- Cláudia Fernandes, Ana & Pérez, Nélida & Prista, Nuno & Santos, Juan & Azevedo, Manuela, 2015. "Discards composition from Iberian trawl fleets," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 33-44.
- de Vos, B.I. & Döring, R. & Aranda, M. & Buisman, F.C. & Frangoudes, K. & Goti, L. & Macher, C. & Maravelias, C.D. & Murillas-Maza, A. & van der Valk, O. & Vasilakopoulos, P., 2016. "New modes of fisheries governance: Implementation of the landing obligation in four European countries," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 1-8.
- Mariana G Bender & Gustavo R Machado & Paulo José de Azevedo Silva & Sergio R Floeter & Cassiano Monteiro-Netto & Osmar J Luiz & Carlos E L Ferreira, 2014. "Local Ecological Knowledge and Scientific Data Reveal Overexploitation by Multigear Artisanal Fisheries in the Southwestern Atlantic," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 9(10), pages 1-9, October.
- Reis, G.G. & Heidemann, M.S. & Goes, H.A.A. & Molento, C.F.M., 2021. "Can radical innovation mitigate environmental and animal welfare misconduct in global value chains? The case of cell-based tuna," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 169(C).
- Humber, Frances & Andriamahefazafy, Mialy & Godley, Brendan John & Broderick, Annette Cameron, 2015. "Endangered, essential and exploited: How extant laws are not enough to protect marine megafauna in Madagascar," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 70-83.
- Fauconnet, Laurence & Rochet, Marie-Joëlle, 2016. "Fishing selectivity as an instrument to reach management objectives in an ecosystem approach to fisheries," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 46-54.
- Trenkel, Verena M. & Hintzen, Niels T. & Farnsworth, Keith D. & Olesen, Christian & Reid, David & Rindorf, Anna & Shephard, Samuel & Dickey-Collas, Mark, 2015. "Identifying marine pelagic ecosystem management objectives and indicators," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 23-32.
- Friedrich, Laura A. & Jefferson, Rebecca & Glegg, Gillian, 2014. "Public perceptions of sharks: Gathering support for shark conservation," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 1-7.
- Diego Cardeñosa & Andrew Fields & Debra Abercrombie & Kevin Feldheim & Stanley K H Shea & Demian D Chapman, 2017. "A multiplex PCR mini-barcode assay to identify processed shark products in the global trade," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 12(10), pages 1-9, October.
- Erhardt, Tobias & Weder, Rolf, 2015. "Shark Hunting: International Trade and the Imminent Extinction of Heterogeneous Species," Working papers 2015/07, Faculty of Business and Economics - University of Basel.
- Davies, Tim K. & Mees, Chris C. & Milner-Gulland, E.J., 2014. "The past, present and future use of drifting fish aggregating devices (FADs) in the Indian Ocean," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 163-170.
- Guanais, José Hugo Gondim & Medeiros, Rodrigo Pereira & McConney, Patrick A., 2015. "Designing a framework for addressing bycatch problems in Brazilian small-scale trawl fisheries," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 111-118.
- Sigurðardóttir, Sigríður & Stefánsdóttir, Elísabet Kemp & Condie, Harriet & Margeirsson, Sveinn & Catchpole, Thomas L. & Bellido, Jose M. & Eliasen, Søren Qvist & Goñi, Raquel & Madsen, Niels & Palial, 2015. "How can discards in European fisheries be mitigated? Strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats of potential mitigation methods," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 366-374.
More about this item
KeywordsFisheries discards; Elasmobranch bycatch; Machine learning; Management;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:marpol:v:54:y:2015:i:c:p:86-97. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/marpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/marpol .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.