Review of shark legislation in Canada as a conservation tool
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Davis, Brendal & Worm, Boris, 2013. "The International Plan of Action for Sharks: How does national implementation measure up?," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 312-320.
- Techera, Erika J. & Klein, Natalie, 2011. "Fragmented governance: Reconciling legal strategies for shark conservation and management," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 73-78, January.
- Worm, Boris & Davis, Brendal & Kettemer, Lisa & Ward-Paige, Christine A. & Chapman, Demian & Heithaus, Michael R. & Kessel, Steven T. & Gruber, Samuel H., 2013. "Global catches, exploitation rates, and rebuilding options for sharks," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 194-204.
- Herndon, Andrew & Gallucci, Vincent F. & DeMaster, Douglas & Burke, William, 2010. "The case for an international commission for the conservation and management of sharks (ICCMS)," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 1239-1248, November.
- Godin, Aurelie Cosandey & Worm, Boris, 2010. "Keeping the lead: How to strengthen shark conservation and management policies in Canada," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 995-1001, September.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Stephanie M. Sabbagh & Gordon M. Hickey, 2019. "Social Factors Affecting Sustainable Shark Conservation and Management in Belize," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(1), pages 1-19, December.
- Friedrich, Laura A. & Jefferson, Rebecca & Glegg, Gillian, 2014. "Public perceptions of sharks: Gathering support for shark conservation," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 1-7.
- Erhardt, Tobias & Weder, Rolf, 2020. "Shark hunting: On the vulnerability of resources with heterogeneous species," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(C).
- Jordan S Goetze & Tim J Langlois & Joe McCarter & Colin A Simpfendorfer & Alec Hughes & Jacob Tingo Leve & Stacy D Jupiter, 2018. "Drivers of reef shark abundance and biomass in the Solomon Islands," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 13(7), pages 1-16, July.
- Andrew T Fields & Debra L Abercrombie & Rowena Eng & Kevin Feldheim & Demian D Chapman, 2015. "A Novel Mini-DNA Barcoding Assay to Identify Processed Fins from Internationally Protected Shark Species," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 10(2), pages 1-10, February.
- Mariana G Bender & Gustavo R Machado & Paulo José de Azevedo Silva & Sergio R Floeter & Cassiano Monteiro-Netto & Osmar J Luiz & Carlos E L Ferreira, 2014. "Local Ecological Knowledge and Scientific Data Reveal Overexploitation by Multigear Artisanal Fisheries in the Southwestern Atlantic," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 9(10), pages 1-9, October.
- Humber, Frances & Andriamahefazafy, Mialy & Godley, Brendan John & Broderick, Annette Cameron, 2015. "Endangered, essential and exploited: How extant laws are not enough to protect marine megafauna in Madagascar," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 70-83.
- Diego Cardeñosa & Andrew Fields & Debra Abercrombie & Kevin Feldheim & Stanley K H Shea & Demian D Chapman, 2017. "A multiplex PCR mini-barcode assay to identify processed shark products in the global trade," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 12(10), pages 1-9, October.
- Ardron, Jeff A. & Rayfuse, Rosemary & Gjerde, Kristina & Warner, Robin, 2014. "The sustainable use and conservation of biodiversity in ABNJ: What can be achieved using existing international agreements?," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 98-108.
- Oliver, Shelby & Braccini, Matias & Newman, Stephen J. & Harvey, Euan S., 2015. "Global patterns in the bycatch of sharks and rays," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 86-97.
- Erhardt, Tobias & Weder, Rolf, 2015. "Shark Hunting: International Trade and the Imminent Extinction of Heterogeneous Species," Working papers 2015/07, Faculty of Business and Economics - University of Basel.
- André S Afonso & Fábio H V Hazin, 2015. "Vertical Movement Patterns and Ontogenetic Niche Expansion in the Tiger Shark, Galeocerdo cuvier," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 10(1), pages 1-26, January.
- Po-Shun Chuang & Tzu-Chiao Hung & Hung-An Chang & Chien-Kang Huang & Jen-Chieh Shiao, 2016. "The Species and Origin of Shark Fins in Taiwan’s Fishing Ports, Markets, and Customs Detention: A DNA Barcoding Analysis," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 11(1), pages 1-13, January.
- Garla, Ricardo C. & Freitas, Renato H.A. & Calado, Janaina F. & Paterno, Gustavo B.C. & Carvalho, Adriana R., 2015. "Public awareness of the economic potential and threats to sharks of a tropical oceanic archipelago in the western South Atlantic," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 128-133.
More about this item
KeywordsShark management; Conservation; Canada; Legislation; Policy; Shark finning;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:marpol:v:61:y:2015:i:c:p:121-126. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/marpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/marpol .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.