Solving complex fisheries management problems: What the EU can learn from the Nordic experiences of reduction of discards
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- García-Rivera, Santiago & Sánchez Lizaso, Jose Luis & Bellido Millán, Jose María, 2015. "A quantitative and qualitative assessment of the discard ban in European Mediterranean waters," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 149-158.
- Sigurðardóttir, Sigríður & Stefánsdóttir, Elísabet Kemp & Condie, Harriet & Margeirsson, Sveinn & Catchpole, Thomas L. & Bellido, Jose M. & Eliasen, Søren Qvist & Goñi, Raquel & Madsen, Niels & Palial, 2015. "How can discards in European fisheries be mitigated? Strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats of potential mitigation methods," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 366-374.
- Cláudia Fernandes, Ana & Pérez, Nélida & Prista, Nuno & Santos, Juan & Azevedo, Manuela, 2015. "Discards composition from Iberian trawl fleets," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 33-44.
- Oliver, Shelby & Braccini, Matias & Newman, Stephen J. & Harvey, Euan S., 2015. "Global patterns in the bycatch of sharks and rays," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 86-97.
- Gullestad, P. & Blom, G. & Bakke, G. & Bogstad, B., 2015. "The “Discard Ban Package”: Experiences in efforts to improve the exploitation patterns in Norwegian fisheries," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 1-9.
- Veiga, Pedro & Pita, Cristina & Rangel, Mafalda & Gonçalves, Jorge M.S. & Campos, Aida & Fernandes, Paul G. & Sala, Antonello & Virgili, Massimo & Lucchetti, Alessandro & Brčić, Jure & Villasante, Seb, 2016. "The EU landing obligation and European small-scale fisheries: What are the odds for success?," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 64-71.
- Condie, H.M. & Grant, A. & Catchpole, T.L., 2014. "Incentivising selective fishing under a policy to ban discards; lessons from European and global fisheries," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 287-292.
- de Vos, B.I. & Döring, R. & Aranda, M. & Buisman, F.C. & Frangoudes, K. & Goti, L. & Macher, C. & Maravelias, C.D. & Murillas-Maza, A. & van der Valk, O. & Vasilakopoulos, P., 2016. "New modes of fisheries governance: Implementation of the landing obligation in four European countries," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 1-8.
- Eliasen, Søren Qvist, 2014. "Cod avoidance by area regulations in Kattegat – experiences for the implementation of a discard ban in the EU," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 108-113.
More about this item
KeywordsFisheries management Discard reduction Institutional change European Union Nordic Countries;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:marpol:v:35:y:2011:i:2:p:130-139. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/marpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.