Children and Youth Services Review
2011, Volume 33, Issue 7
2011, Volume 33, Issue 6
- 791-797 The outcome of Solution-Focused Brief Therapy among foster care adolescents: The changes of behavior and perceived somatic and cognitive difficulties
by Cepukiene, Viktorija & Pakrosnis, Rytis
- 798-803 Moving toward being analytical: A framework to evaluate the impact of influential factors on interagency collaboration
by Tseng, Shu hsien & Liu, Kae & Wang, Wen-Ling
- 804-809 Availability of treatment to youth offenders: Comparison of public versus private programs from a national census
by Yazzie, Rebecca A.
- 810-819 Person centered planning in a transition program for Bronx youth with disabilities
by Croke, Erin E. & Thompson, Ashleigh B.
- 820-828 Patterns and correlates of involuntary unemployment and underemployment in single-mother families
by Wu, Chi-Fang & Eamon, Mary Keegan
- 829-837 School connectedness in community and residential treatment schools: The influence of gender, grades, and engagement in treatment
by Nickerson, Amanda B. & Hopson, Laura M. & Steinke, Camela M.
- 838-845 Social skills training and parent education programs for aggressive preschoolers and their parents in South Korea
by Kim, Min-Jung & Doh, Hyun-Sim & Hong, Jun Sung & Choi, Mi-Kyung
- 846-854 Assets and liabilities, educational expectations, and children's college degree attainment
by Zhan, Min & Sherraden, Michael
- 855-860 Allegations of maltreatment and delinquency: Does risk of juvenile arrest vary substantiation status?
by Chiu, Yu-Ling & Ryan, Joseph P. & Herz, Denise C.
- 861-868 The social ecology of the Columbine High School shootings
by Hong, Jun Sung & Cho, Hyunkag & Allen-Meares, Paula & Espelage, Dorothy L.
- 869-877 Principals' perceptions of benefits and barriers to school-based suicide prevention programs
by Whitney, Stephen D. & Renner, Lynette M. & Pate, Christina M. & Jacobs, Katie A.
- 878-887 "Delinquent behaviour as a kind of body politics" against adult regulations -- Young people's discourses in Hong Kong
by Tam, Hau-lin
- 888-893 Theoretical adherence to family centered practice: Are strengths-based principles illustrated in families' descriptions of child welfare services?
by Lietz, Cynthia A.
- 894-900 The crucial role played by social outrage in efforts to reform child protective services
by Jagannathan, Radha & Camasso, Michael J.
- 901-909 Children in therapy: Learning from evaluation of university-based community counseling clinical services
by Tsai, Mei-Hsiang & Ray, Dee C.
- 910-917 Gentle iron will: Foster parents' perspectives
by Daniel, Ellice
- 918-926 Aggression and conduct disorder in former Soviet Union immigrant adolescents: The role of parenting style and ego identity
by Finzi-Dottan, Ricky & Bilu, Rinat & Golubchik, Pavel
- 927-935 Parental involvement in school: A test of Hoover-Dempsey and Sandler's model among Jewish and Arab parents in Israel
by Lavenda, Osnat
- 936-944 Child maltreatment dynamics among immigrant and U.S. born Latino children: Findings from the National Survey of Child and Adolescent Well-being (NSCAW)
by Dettlaff, Alan J. & Johnson, Michelle A.
- 945-954 The impacts of accessible child protection services on services, jobs, and families
by Cameron, Gary & Hazineh, Lirondel & Frensch, Karen & Freymond, Nancy & Preyde, Michèle & Gebotys, Bob & DeGeer, Ian & Quosai, Trudy Smit
- 955-962 How parents decide to participate and save in their children's asset-building accounts: Implications for practice, policy, and theory
by Wheeler-Brooks, Jennifer
- 963-968 The relationship between extracurricular activities and delinquency of adolescents in foster care
by Farineau, Heather M. & McWey, Lenore M.
- 969-979 Do parental assets matter for children's educational attainment?: Evidence from mediation tests
by Kim, Youngmi & Sherraden, Michael
- 980-990 The presence of IPV in foster care cases: Examining referrals for services, reunification goals, and system responsibility
by Renner, Lynette M.
- 991-998 The role of crisis in family crisis intervention: Do crisis experience and crisis change matter?
by Al, Channa M.W. & Stams, Geert Jan J.M. & van der Laan, Peter H. & Asscher, Jessica J.
- 999-1011 Predictors of foster care exits to permanency: A competing risks analysis of reunification, guardianship, and adoption
by Akin, Becci A.
- 1012-1023 Qualitative exploration of relationships with important non-parental adults in the lives of youth in foster care
by Ahrens, Kym R. & DuBois, David Lane & Garrison, Michelle & Spencer, Renee & Richardson, Laura P. & Lozano, Paula
- 1024-1030 Intergenerational families in child welfare: Assessing needs and estimating permanency
by Marshall, Jane Marie & Huang, Hui & Ryan, Joseph P.
- 1031-1038 Criteria for the selection of foster families and monitoring of placements.: Comparative study of the application of the Casey Foster Applicant Inventory-Applicant Version (CFAI-A)
by Delgado, Paulo & Pinto, Vânia S.
- 1039-1048 Why youth leave care: Understandings of adulthood and transition successes and challenges among youth aging out of child welfare
by Goodkind, Sara & Schelbe, Lisa A. & Shook, Jeffrey J.
2011, Volume 33, Issue 5
- 569-574 Comparison of treatment response among GLB and non-GLB street-living youth
by Grafsky, Erika L. & Letcher, Amber & Slesnick, Natasha & Serovich, Julianne M.
- 575-587 Children's exposure to paternal imprisonment: Incidence, evolution, and correlates among young nonmarital children
by Chung, Yiyoon
- 588-597 How do economic downturns affect welfare leavers? A comparison of two cohorts
by Kwon, Hyeok Chang & Meyer, Daniel R.
- 598-604 Disentangling system contact and services: A key pathway to evidence-based children's policy
by Jonson-Reid, Melissa
- 605-611 Our perverse reliance on prescribed standardized processes as proxies for quality in Ontario Children's Aid Societies: Towards the establishment of direct service and outcomes standards
by Lemay, Raymond A.
- 612-621 Reflections on citizen-state child welfare partnerships: Listening to citizen review panel volunteers and agency liaisons
by Bryan, Valerie & Collins-Camargo, Crystal & Jones, Blake
- 622-633 Successful adoption and implementation of a comprehensive casework practice model in a public child welfare agency: Application of the Getting to Outcomes (GTO) model
by Barbee, Anita P. & Christensen, Dana & Antle, Becky & Wandersman, Abraham & Cahn, Katharine
- 634-643 Non-income effects of welfare receipt on early childhood cognitive scores
by Heflin, Colleen M. & Acevedo, Sharon Kukla
- 644-650 Social supports preferred by the teachers when facing school violence
by Türküm, Ayse Sibel
- 651-655 Peer contagion among youth in Medicaid-funded residential mental health treatment programs
by Robst, John & Armstrong, Mary & Dollard, Norin
- 656-662 Vulnerability to violence of girls of the street in Mauritania
by Ballet, Jérôme & Sirven, Nicolas & Bhukuth, Augendra & Rousseau, Sophie
- 663-668 Marital conflict and adolescent outcomes: A cross-ethnic group comparison of Latino and European American youth
by Stutzman, Stephen V. & Bean, Roy A. & Miller, Richard B. & Day, Randall D. & Feinauer, Leslie L. & Porter, Chris L. & Moore, Adam
- 669-677 Substance abuse among Asian American youth: An ecological review of the literature
by Hong, Jun Sung & Huang, Hui & Sabri, Bushra & Kim, Johnny S.
- 678-688 Long-term implications of welfare reform for the development of adolescents and young adults
by Chase-Lansdale, P. Lindsay & Cherlin, Andrew J. & Guttmannova, Katarina & Fomby, Paula & Ribar, David C. & Coley, Rebekah Levine
- 689-697 Aligning theory with practice: Understanding school-family partnerships at an inner-city high school
by Williams, Terrinieka T. & Sánchez, Bernadette & Hunnell, Jessica
- 698-704 Fathers' involvement and child behavior problems in poor African American single-mother families
by Choi, Jeong-Kyun & Jackson, Aurora P.
- 705-714 Foster care reunification: An exploration of non-linear hierarchical modeling
by Putnam-Hornstein, Emily & Shaw, Terry V.
- 715-722 Unmet needs in addressing child neglect: Should we go back to the drawing board?
by Hearn, Jody
- 723-731 Community reinsertion success of street children programs in Brazil and Peru
by Harris, Melissa S. & Johnson, Knowlton & Young, Linda & Edwards, Jessica
- 732-740 Does teacher educational training help the early math skills of English language learners in Head Start?
by Kim, Sunha & Chang, Mido & Kim, Heejung
- 741-746 The feminization of social services: Implications for black male youth
by Hall, Ronald E.
- 747-757 Getting with the (evidence-based) program: An evaluation of the Incredible Years Parenting Training Program in child welfare
by Marcynyszyn, Lyscha A. & Maher, Erin J. & Corwin, Tyler W.
- 758-766 Adjustment of adolescent adoptees: The role of age of adoption and exposure to pre-adoption stressors
by Gleitman, Ilana & Savaya, Riki
- 767-773 Cultural diversity competencies in child and youth care services in Portugal: Development of two measures and a brief training program
by Moleiro, Carla & Marques, Susana & Pacheco, Pedro
- 774-782 How to integrate digital media into a drop-in for homeless young people for deepening relationships between youth and adults
by Hendry, David G. & Woelfer, Jill Palzkill & Harper, Rowena & Bauer, Tyler & Fitzer, Brynn & Champagne, Mike
- 783-789 Self-care among school-aged children of immigrants
by Greene, Kaylin M. & Hynes, Kathryn & Doyle, Emily A.
2011, Volume 33, Issue 4
- 487-489 Child inclusive research, policy and practice
by Fernandez, Elizabeth
- 490-495 Exploring issues of children as actors in social research
by Mason, Jan & Hood, Suzanne
- 496-501 Participation in decision-making in out-of-home care in Australia: What do young people say?
by Bessell, Sharon
- 502-508 Agency and structure in the life-world of Aboriginal children in Central Australia
by Eickelkamp, Ute
- 509-514 Children and young people as active agents in care-giving: Agency and constraint
by Smyth, Ciara & Cass, Bettina & Hill, Trish
- 515-520 Children's participation in family law decision-making: Theoretical approaches to understanding children's views
by Cashmore, Judy
- 521-527 Making choices in my life: Listening to the ideas and experiences of young people in the UK who communicate non-verbally
by Mitchell, Wendy & Sloper, Patricia
- 528-533 "When the money's low": Economic participation among disadvantaged young Australians
by Skattebol, Jen
- 534-540 Strengthening youth citizenship and social inclusion practice -- The Australian case: Towards rights based and inclusive practice in services for marginalized young people
by Wearing, Michael
- 541-547 Why not ask them? Mapping and promoting youth participation
by Head, Brian W.
- 548-556 Children's subjective well-being: International comparative perspectives
by Bradshaw, Jonathan & Keung, Antonia & Rees, Gwyther & Goswami, Haridhan
- 557-563 Experiences of children in armed conflict in Nepal
by Shakya, Anjana
- 564-568 Influencing international child labour policy: The potential and limits of children-centred research
by Bessell, Sharon
2011, Volume 33, Issue 3
- 419-423 Introduction to the Special Issue: Mothers of children in foster care
by Wells, Kathleen & Marcenko, Maureen O.
- 424-430 Family reunification in a social structural context
by Wulczyn, Fred & Chen, Lijun & Courtney, Mark
- 431-438 Mothers' experiences, resources and needs: The context for reunification
by Marcenko, Maureen O. & Lyons, Sandra J. & Courtney, Mark
- 439-447 A narrative analysis of one mother's story of child custody loss and regain
by Wells, Kathleen
- 448-456 Negotiating stigma: Understanding mothers' responses to accusations of child neglect
by Sykes, Jennifer
- 457-465 Interviewing parents of children in care: Perspectives, discourses and accountability
by Hall, Christopher & Slembrouck, Stef
- 466-472 Integrated substance abuse and child welfare services for women: A progress review
by Marsh, Jeanne C. & Smith, Brenda D. & Bruni, Maria
- 473-480 Toward relationship-based child welfare services
by Lawler, Michael J. & Shaver, Phillip R. & Goodman, Gail S.
- 481-485 Concluding commentary: Varied perspectives on child welfare
by Pelton, Leroy H.
2011, Volume 33, Issue 2
- 207-216 Evidence-based practice in real-world services for young people with complex needs: New opportunities suggested by recent implementation science
by Mitchell, Penelope F.
- 217-225 Kinship liaisons: A peer-to-peer approach to supporting kinship caregivers
by Denby, Ramona W.
- 226-232 Improving the measurement of child welfare in the context of intra-household inequality
by Mangiavacchi, Lucia & Piccoli, Luca
- 233-241 Effects of unemployment and underemployment on material hardship in single-mother families
by Eamon, Mary Keegan & Wu, Chi-Fang
- 242-253 Reducing racial disparities and disproportionalities in the child welfare system: Policy perspectives about how to serve the best interests of African American youth
by Anyon, Yolanda
- 254-264 Advice from teens to teens about dating: Implications for healthy relationships
by Adams, Heidi L. & Williams, Lela Rankin
- 265-273 Early screening for autism spectrum disorders: A primer for social work practice
by Dababnah, Sarah & Parish, Susan L. & Turner Brown, Lauren & Hooper, Stephen R.
- 274-283 The challenges of child welfare involvement for Afro-Caribbean families in Toronto
by Clarke, Jennifer
- 284-290 Are social networking sites a source of online harassment for teens? Evidence from survey data
by Sengupta, Anirban & Chaudhuri, Anoshua
- 291-300 Direct and modifying influences of selected risk factors on children's pre-adoption functioning and post-adoption adjustment
by Goldman, Gerri DeLong & Ryan, Scott D.
- 301-307 A preliminary evaluation: Demographic and clinical profiles and changes in functioning in children receiving psychosocial rehabilitation
by Kenaley, Bonnie L. Davis & Williams, Nathaniel J.
- 308-321 What works in group care? -- A structured review of treatment models for group homes and residential care
by James, Sigrid
- 322-329 Trying to come home: Substance exposed infants, mothers, and family reunification
by Huang, Hui & Ryan, Joseph P.
- 330-339 Use of data to assess performance and promote outcome achievement by public and private child welfare agency staff
by Collins-Camargo, Crystal & Sullivan, Dana & Murphy, April
- 340-345 What is youth participation?
by Checkoway, Barry
- 346-350 Protective supervision: An inquiry into the relationship between child welfare and the court system
by Wattenberg, Esther & Troy, Kate & Beuch, Ann
- 351-357 Recruiting ethnic minority groups to evidence-based parent training. Who will come and how?
by Bjørknes, Ragnhild & Jakobsen, Reidar & Nærde, Ane
- 358-367 Job conditions, unmet expectations, and burnout in public child welfare workers: How different from other social workers?
by Kim, Hansung
- 368-375 Effective inter-agency collaboration to safeguard children: Rising to the challenge through collective development
by Horwath, Jan & Morrison, Tony
- 376-385 Meta-analysis of relationships between religiosity and constructive and destructive behaviors among adolescents
by Cheung, Chau-kiu & Yeung, Jerf Wai-keung
- 386-394 "I'm wondering if I am completely missing that": Foster care case managers and supervisors report on their IPV training
by Renner, Lynette M.
- 395-404 Foster youth and psychotropic treatment: Where next?
by Longhofer, Jeffrey & Floersch, Jerry & Okpych, Nate
- 405-415 Living arrangements and level of care among clients discharged from a scattered-site housing-based independent living program
by Kroner, Mark J. & Mares, Alvin S.
- 416-417 Erratum to "Factors associated with reunification: A longitudinal analysis of long-term foster care" Review 32 (2010) 1311-1316]
by Cheng, Tyrone C.
2011, Volume 33, Issue 1
- 1-15 Risk and protective factors for residential foster care adolescents
by Aguilar-Vafaie, Maria E. & Roshani, Mehrnoosh & Hassanabadi, Hamidreza & Masoudian, Zahra & Afruz, Gholam A.
- 16-20 NIS interpretations: Race and the National Incidence Studies of Child Abuse and Neglect
by Drake, Brett & Jonson-Reid, Melissa
- 21-27 Planned treatment and outcomes in residential youth care: Evidence from Sweden
by Lindqvist, Erik
- 28-33 The intersection of home study assessments and child specific recruitment: the performance of home studies in practice
by Crea, Thomas M. & Griffin, Amy & Barth, Richard P.
- 34-41 Youth volunteer service as positive youth development in Latin America and the Caribbean
by McBride, Amanda Moore & Johnson, Elizabeth & Olate, Rene & O'Hara, Kathleen
- 42-50 Resilience in parenting among young mothers: Family and ecological risks and opportunities
by Easterbrooks, M. Ann & Chaudhuri, Jana H. & Bartlett, Jessica Dym & Copeman, Abby
- 51-58 Are nonprofit density and nonprofit expenditures related to youth deviance?
by Snyder, Susan M. & Freisthler, Bridget
- 59-65 Measuring the willingness to foster children with emotional and behavioral problems
by Cox, Mary Ellen & Cherry, Donna J. & Orme, John G.
- 66-77 Validity in an evaluation of Healthy Families Florida--A program to prevent child abuse and neglect
by Falconer, Mary Kay & Clark, M.H. & Parris, Don
- 78-85 Parental transfer of financial knowledge and later credit outcomes among low- and moderate-income homeowners
by Grinstein-Weiss, Michal & Spader, Jonathan & Yeo, Yeong Hun & Taylor, Andréa & Books Freeze, Elizabeth
- 86-90 LoTTS parent-infant interaction coding scale: Ease of use and reliability in a sample of high-risk mothers and their infants
by Beatty, Jessica R. & Stacks, Ann M. & Partridge, Ty & Tzilos, Golfo K. & Loree, Amy & Ondersma, Steven J.
- 91-101 Long-term employment and earnings among low-income families with children
by Wu, Chi-Fang
- 102-109 The retention of public child welfare workers: The roles of professional organizational culture and coping strategies
by Lee, Joohee & Forster, Michael & Rehner, Tim
- 110-117 Health outcomes for adults in family foster care as children: An analysis by ethnicity
by Villegas, Susy & Rosenthal, James A. & O'Brien, Kirk & Pecora, Peter
- 118-125 Explaining the disparity in placement instability among African-American and white children in child welfare: A Blinder-Oaxaca decomposition
by Foster, E. Michael & Hillemeier, Marianne M. & Bai, Yu
- 126-133 'Like waking up in a Franz Kafka novel': Service users' experiences of the child protection system when domestic violence and acrimonious separations are involved
by Buckley, Helen & Whelan, Sadhbh & Carr, Nicola
- 134-138 Are case management services associated with increased utilization of adolescent mental health treatment?
by Bender, Kimberly & Kapp, Stephen & Hahn, Sur Ah
- 139-148 Protective factors among families with children at risk of maltreatment: Follow up to early school years
by Li, Fenfang & Godinet, Meripa T. & Arnsberger, Pam
- 149-156 Transferring training to child welfare practice: Individual and collective efforts
by Liu, Junqing & Smith, Brenda D.
- 157-160 A recent look at the factors influencing workforce retention in public child welfare
by Williams, Sharon E. & Nichols, Quienton l. & Kirk, Alan & Wilson, Takeisha
- 161-166 Perceived stigma and depression among black adolescents in outpatient treatment
by Rose, Theda & Joe, Sean & Lindsey, Michael
- 167-172 Rock Up: An initiative supporting students' wellbeing in their transition to secondary school
by Carmen, Brenda & Waycott, Louise & Smith, Ken
- 173-179 Healthy relationship education for dating violence prevention among high-risk youth
by Antle, Becky F. & Sullivan, Dana J. & Dryden, Althea & Karam, Eli A. & Barbee, Anita P.
- 180-186 "I haven't done nothin' crazy lately:" Conflict resolution strategies in adolescent mothers' dating relationships
by Toews, Michelle L. & Yazedjian, Ani & Jorgensen, Denise
- 187-194 The Canadian Human Rights Tribunal on First Nations Child Welfare: Why if Canada wins, equality and justice lose
by Blackstock, Cindy
- 195-203 Judicial bias in adjudicating the adoption of minors in Israel
by Ben-David, Vered
- 204-205 Fostering accountability: Using evidence to guide and improve child welfare policy, M.F. Testa, J. Poertner (Eds.), Oxford University Press, 2010
by Mienko, Joseph A.
2010, Volume 32, Issue 12
- 1623-1630 Wife battering in South Korea: An ecological systems analysis
by Hong, Jun Sung & Kim, Seon Mi & Yoshihama, Mieko & Byoun, Soo-Jung
- 1631-1639 Kin adopting kin: In the best interest of the children?
by Ryan, Scott D. & Hinterlong, James & Hegar, Rebecca L. & Johnson, Lisa B.
- 1640-1647 Child welfare professionals' responses to domestic violence exposure among children
by LaLiberte, Traci & Bills, Jessie & Shin, Narae & Edleson, Jeffrey L.
- 1648-1655 Living situation and placement change and children's behavior
by Rosenthal, James A. & Villegas, Susy
- 1656-1663 Adoption satisfaction of Black adopted children
by Gillum, Nerissa & O'Brien, Marion
- 1664-1669 The contribution of a hospital child protection team in determining suspected child abuse and neglect: Analysis of referrals of children aged 0-9
by Chen, Wendy & Glasser, Saralee & Benbenishty, Rami & Davidson-Arad, Bilha & Tzur, Shmuel & Lerner-Geva, Liat
- 1670-1674 Risk of low birth weight associated with family poverty in Korea
by Lee, Bong Joo & Lim, Se Hee
- 1675-1682 Do maltreated children who remain at home function better than those who are placed?
by Mennen, Ferol E. & Brensilver, Matthew & Trickett, Penelope K.
- 1683-1689 Voices from the periphery: Prospects and challenges for the homeless youth service sector
by Gharabaghi, Kiaras & Stuart, Carol
- 1690-1703 Do early academic achievement and behavior problems predict long-term effects among Head Start children?
by Lee, Kyunghee
- 1704-1710 Social capital, savings, and educational performance of orphaned adolescents in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Ssewamala, Fred M. & Karimli, Leyla & Han, Chang-Keun & Ismayilova, Leyla
- 1711-1718 Child care subsidies post TANF: Child care subsidy use by African American, White and Hispanic TANF-leavers
by Shlay, Anne B. & Weinraub, Marsha & Harmon, Michelle
- 1719-1728 The emerging attachment relationship between adopted Chinese infants and their mothers
by Pugliese, Mirella & Cohen, Nancy J. & Farnia, Fataneh & Lojkasek, Mirek
- 1729-1734 Child welfare informatics: A proposed subspecialty for social work
by Naccarato, Toni
- 1735-1739 Drug use among maltreated adolescents receiving child welfare services
by Cheng, Tyrone C. & Lo, Celia C.
- 1740-1749 Risk chains over the life course among homeless urban adolescent mothers: Altering their trajectories through formal support
by Kennedy, Angie C. & Agbényiga, DeBrenna LaFa & Kasiborski, Natalie & Gladden, Jessica
- 1750-1757 Gender differential in deviant friends' influence on children's academic self-esteem
by Cheung, Chau-kiu & Yeung, Jerf Wai-keung
- 1758-1769 The overlap between bullying and victimization in adolescent residential care: Are bully/victims a special category?
by Sekol, Ivana & Farrington, David P.
- 1770-1777 Transitioning from group care to family care: Child welfare worker assessments
by Lee, Bethany R. & Shaw, Terry V. & Gove, Britni & Hwang, Jeongha
- 1778-1786 Public expenditure, locality characteristics and child outcomes
by Ben-Arieh, Asher
- 1787-1795 Youth offender reentry: Models for intervention and directions for future inquiry
by Abrams, Laura S. & Snyder, Susan M.
- 1796-1802 Support needs of Aboriginal foster parents
by Ivanova, Viktoria & Brown, Jason
- 1803-1806 Death and taxes: Child health and the state tax freedom race
by MacKenzie, Michael J. & Tucker, David J.
- 1807-1813 Stress, coping and personal strengths and difficulties in internationally adopted children in Spain
by Reinoso, M. & Forns, M.
- 1814-1822 The role of inter-agency collaboration in facilitating receipt of behavioral health services for youth involved with child welfare and juvenile justice
by Chuang, Emmeline & Wells, Rebecca
- 1823-1830 Kinship foster care and the risk of juvenile delinquency
by Ryan, Joseph P. & Hong, Jun Sung & Herz, Denise & Hernandez, Pedro M.
- 1831-1836 Why do adolescents become involved with the child welfare system? Exploring risk factors that affect young adolescents
by Simmel, Cassandra
2010, Volume 32, Issue 11
- 1487-1487 Testing a new policy concept: Editors' introduction and acknowledgements
by Sherraden, Michael & Kim, Youngmi & Loke, Vernon
- 1488-1496 Assets and child well-being in developed countries
by Williams Shanks, Trina R. & Kim, Youngmi & Loke, Vernon & Destin, Mesmin
- 1497-1507 Asset holding and educational attainment among African American youth
by Elliott, William & Kim, Kevin & Jung, Hyunzee & Zhan, Min
- 1508-1519 Assets and child well-being in developing countries: A research review
by Chowa, Gina & Ansong, David & Masa, Rainier
- 1520-1527 City and community innovations in CDAs: The role of community-based organizations
by Rist, Carl & Humphrey, Liana
- 1528-1537 Tribal experience with children's accounts
by Jorgensen, Miriam & Morris, Peter
- 1538-1543 The big lift: Federal policy efforts to create Child Development Accounts
by Cramer, Reid
- 1544-1547 The Child Trust Fund in the UK: How might opening rates by parents be increased?
by Prabhakar, Rajiv
- 1548-1554 A new approach to promote economic independence among at-risk children: Child Development Accounts (CDAs) in Korea
by Nam, Yunju & Han, Chang-Keun
- 1555-1560 Asset building in Puerto Rico: A study of Children's Development Accounts in Caguas
by Marxuach, Sergio M.
- 1561-1569 Overview of Child Development Accounts in developing countries
by Meyer, Jeff & Masa, Rainier D. & Zimmerman, Jamie M.
- 1570-1576 Child Development Accounts and saving for children's future: Do financial incentives matter?
by Mason, Lisa Reyes & Nam, Yunju & Clancy, Margaret & Kim, Youngmi & Loke, Vernon
- 1577-1584 Young children's perceptions of college and saving: Potential role of Child Development Accounts
by Elliott, William & Sherraden, Margaret & Johnson, Lissa & Guo, Baorong
- 1585-1590 Assets and educational outcomes: Child Development Accounts (CDAs) for orphaned children in Uganda
by Curley, Jami & Ssewamala, Fred & Han, Chang-Keun
- 1591-1596 Youth and savings in AssetsAfrica
by Chowa, Gina & Ansong, David
- 1597-1600 Perspective from the left: Children's saving accounts, mobility, and inequality
by Bernstein, Jared
- 1601-1604 Perspective from the Right:: Building a cross-ideological consensus for Child Development Accounts
by John, David C.
- 1605-1608 Policy context for CDAs over the next 20Â years
by Steuerle, Eugene
- 1609-1616 CDA legislative challenges and opportunities
by Goldberg Jr, Fred T. & Friedman, Bob & Boshara, Ray
- 1617-1621 Research on assets for children and youth: Reflections on the past and prospects for the future
by Adams, Deborah & Nam, Yunju & Williams Shanks, Trina R. & Hicks, Sarah & Robinson, Christine
2010, Volume 32, Issue 10
- 1211-1222 Predictors of exit type and length of stay in non-kinship family foster care -- The German experience
by van Santen, Eric
- 1223-1234 "They mess with me, I mess with them": Understanding physical aggression in rural girls and boys from methamphetamine-involved families
by Haight, Wendy & Marshall, Jane & Hans, Sydney & Black, James & Sheridan, Kathryn
- 1235-1241 Relational inquiry: A child and youth care approach to research
by Bellefeuille, Gerard & Ricks, Frances
- 1242-1245 Ethnic minority populations and child psychiatry services: An Irish study
by Skokauskas, Norbert & Dunne, Maria & Gallogly, Alan & Clark, Ciaran
- 1246-1254 The relationship between witnessing arrests and elevated symptoms of posttraumatic stress: Findings from a national study of children involved in the child welfare system
by Phillips, Susan D. & Zhao, Jian
- 1255-1261 The impact of social support on depressive symptoms among adolescents in the child welfare system: A propensity score analysis
by Dingfelder, Hilary E. & Jaffee, Sara R. & Mandell, David S.
- 1262-1270 Does receipt of public benefits reduce material hardship in low-income families with children?
by Wu, Chi-Fang & Eamon, Mary Keegan
- 1271-1277 Coming back home: The reintegration of formerly incarcerated youth with service implications
by Anthony, Elizabeth K. & Samples, Mark D. & de Kervor, Dylan Nicole & Ituarte, Silvina & Lee, Chris & Austin, Michael J.
- 1278-1284 Examining the influence of caregiver ethnicity on youth placed in out of home care: Ethnicity matters - for some
by Jewell, Jeremy D. & Brown, Danice L. & Smith, Gail & Thompson, Ronald
- 1285-1290 Psychiatric evaluation of sexual abuse cases: A clinical representative sample from Turkey
by Perdahli Fis, Nese & Arman, Ayse & Kalaca, Sibel & Berkem, Meral
- 1291-1299 Falling through the cracks: Gaps and barriers in the mental health system for America's disadvantaged children
by Bringewatt, Elizabeth H. & Gershoff, Elizabeth T.
- 1300-1310 Clinical opinions of structured risk assessments for forensic child protection: The development of a clinically relevant device
by Bolton, Annalese & Lennings, Chris
- 1311-1316 Factors associated with reunification: A longitudinal analysis of long-term foster care
by Cheng, Tyrone C.
- 1317-1323 Effects of domestic violence on behavior problems of preschool-aged children: Do maternal mental health and parenting mediate the effects?
by Huang, Chien-Chung & Wang, Lih-Rong & Warrener, Corinne
- 1324-1330 Children's appraisals of their experiences in out-of-home care
by Dunn, Dena Miller & Culhane, Sara E. & Taussig, Heather N.
- 1331-1337 Culturally sensitive interventions for health related behaviors among Latino youth: A meta-analytic review
by Hodge, David R. & Jackson, Kelly F. & Vaughn, Michael G.
- 1338-1345 The impact of continued contact with biological parents upon the mental health of children in foster care
by McWey, Lenore M. & Acock, Alan & Porter, Breanne E.
- 1346-1350 The implementation of solution-focused therapy to increase foster care placement stability
by Koob, Jeffrey J. & Love, Susan M.
- 1351-1356 The risk of teenage pregnancy among transitioning foster youth: Implications for extending state care beyond age 18
by Dworsky, Amy & Courtney, Mark E.
- 1357-1364 Understanding birthparent involvement in kinship families: Influencing factors and the importance of placement arrangement
by Green, Yolanda R. & Goodman, Catherine C.
- 1365-1372 Taking the youth perspective: Assessment of program characteristics that promote positive development in homeless and at-risk youth
by Heinze, Hillary J. & Jozefowicz, Debra M. Hernandez & Toro, Paul A.
- 1373-1379 Mental health need and service use among Latino children of immigrants in the child welfare system
by Dettlaff, Alan J. & Cardoso, Jodi Berger
- 1380-1387 Beyond intent to leave: Using multiple outcome measures for assessing turnover in child welfare
by Hopkins, Karen M. & Cohen-Callow, Amy & Kim, Hae Jung & Hwang, Jeongha
- 1388-1395 Improving turnover in public child welfare: Outcomes from an organizational intervention
by Strolin-Goltzman, Jessica