Children and Youth Services Review
2009, Volume 31, Issue 5
- 577-583 A structural model of causal influence between aggression and psychological traits: Survey of female correctional facility in Japan
by Matsuura, Naomi & Hashimoto, Toshiaki & Toichi, Motomi
- 584-593 Examining the facilitators and barriers faced by adoptive professionals delivering post-placement services
by Ryan, Scott D. & Nelson, Nina & Siebert, Carl F.
- 594-600 Brief and intensive family support program to prevent emergency placements: Lessons learned from a process evaluation
by Dagenais, Christian & Brière, Frédéric N. & Gratton, Geneviève & Dupont, Didier
2009, Volume 31, Issue 4
- 429-439 The developmental-ecological approach of Japanese child welfare professionals to supporting children's social and emotional well-being: The practice of mimamori
by Bamba, Sachiko & Haight, Wendy
- 440-444 What happens to youth removed from parental care?: Health and economic outcomes for women with a history of out-of-home placement
by Schneider, Renee & Baumrind, Nikki & Pavao, Joanne & Stockdale, Gary & Castelli, Paola & Goodman, Gail S. & Kimerling, Rachel
- 445-450 Trends in child welfare's focus on children's mental health and services from 1980-2004
by Leathers, Sonya J. & McMeel, Lorri S. & Prabhughate, Abhijit & Atkins, Marc S.
- 451-456 Clinical supervision of court-referred juvenile offenders: Are juvenile referrals the least among equals?
by Leone, Matthew C. & Roget, Nancy A. & Norland, Jennifer H.
- 457-463 Sources of resiliency among successful foster youth
by Hass, Michael & Graydon, Kelly
- 464-470 Solution-focused brief therapy in schools: A review of the outcome literature
by Kim, Johnny S. & Franklin, Cynthia
- 471-481 Re-entering foster care: Trends, evidence, and implications
by Kimberlin, Sara E. & Anthony, Elizabeth K. & Austin, Michael J.
- 482-488 The trend in the income status of children in female-headed families: A replication and update
by Yoo, Jiyoung & Lim, Younghee
- 489-490 A note contesting Mark Testa's version of national foster care population trends
by Pelton, Leroy H.
- 491-494 How the bear evolved into a whale: A rejoinder to Leroy Pelton's note contesting Mark Testa's version of national foster care population trends
by Testa, Mark F.
- 495-496 Julia H. Littell, Jacqueline Corcoran and Vijayan Pillai , Systematic reviews and meta-analysis, Oxford University Press, New York (2008), p. 202 ISBN: 978-0-19-532654-3
by Cook, Charlene
2009, Volume 31, Issue 3
- 297-299 Environment and child well-being
by Freisthler, Bridget & Crampton, David
- 300-308 Parental and community level correlates of participation in out-of-school activities among children living in low income neighborhoods
by Coulton, Claudia & Irwin, Molly
- 309-316 Race and child maltreatment reporting: Are Blacks overrepresented?
by Drake, Brett & Lee, Sang Moo & Jonson-Reid, Melissa
- 317-324 Neighborhood influences on young children's conduct problems and pro-social behavior: Evidence from an Australian national sample
by Edwards, Benjamin & Bromfield, Leah M.
- 325-330 Alcohol outlet density, parental monitoring, and adolescent deviance: A multilevel analysis
by Freisthler, Bridget & Byrnes, Hilary F. & Gruenewald, Paul J.
- 331-337 Neighborhood structure and foster care entry risk: The role of spatial scale in defining neighborhoods
by Lery, Bridgette
- 338-345 Trying to keep children out of trouble: Child characteristics, neighborhood quality, and within-household resource allocation
by Romich, Jennifer
- 346-348 Environment and child well-being
by Crampton, David S. & Freisthler, Bridget
- 349-354 Predictors of posttraumatic stress in children and adolescents
by Hizli, Feride Gokben & Taskintuna, Nilgun & Isikli, Sedat & Kilic, Cengiz & Zileli, Leyla
- 355-363 The impact of social transfers on children in female-headed households: A comparison between Korea and the United States
by Ozawa, Martha N. & Baek, Sun-Hee & Joo, Myungkook
- 364-369 Training child protective services workers about domestic violence: Needs, strategies, and barriers
by Button, Deeanna M. & Payne, Brian K.
- 370-377 A qualitative examination of a state-wide initiative to empower families containing children and adolescents with behavioral health care needs
by Scheer, Scott D. & Gavazzi, Stephen M.
- 378-382 Children's mental health service use and maternal mental health: A path analytic model
by Pfefferle, Susan G. & Spitznagel, Edward L.
- 383-390 Family group decision making: A propensity score analysis to evaluate child and family services at baseline and after 36-months
by Weigensberg, Elizabeth C. & Barth, Richard P. & Guo, Shenyang
- 391-397 Job satisfaction in a stable state child welfare workforce: Implications for staff retention
by Strand, Virginia C. & Dore, Martha Morrison
- 398-404 An empirical analysis of factors affecting adolescent attachment in adoptive families with homosexual and straight parents
by Erich, Stephen & Kanenberg, Heather & Case, Kim & Allen, Theresa & Bogdanos, Takis
- 405-409 Kindergarten teachers' experience of reporting child abuse in Taiwan: Dancing on the edge
by Feng, Jui-Ying & Chen, Shu-Jung & Wilk, Nancy C. & Yang, Wan-Ping & Fetzer, Susan
- 410-421 Fostering security? A meta-analysis of attachment in adopted children
by van den Dries, Linda & Juffer, Femmie & van IJzendoorn, Marinus H. & Bakermans-Kranenburg, Marian J.
- 422-427 Is the overrepresentation of the poor in child welfare caseloads due to bias or need?
by Jonson-Reid, Melissa & Drake, Brett & Kohl, Patricia L.
2009, Volume 31, Issue 2
- 177-184 What could explain the dramatic rise in out-of-home placement in Finland in the 1990s and early 2000s?
by Hiilamo, Heikki
- 185-192 Toward best practice and innovation in independent living training: Experiences from the multi-site evaluation of federally-funded projects
by Amodeo, Maryann & Collins, Mary E. & Clay, Cassandra
- 193-198 The impact of parental substance abuse on the stability of family reunifications from foster care
by Brook, Jody & McDonald, Tom
- 199-205 Contested cases of physical abuse: Evidentiary characteristics of modified and overturned outcomes
by Fakunmoju, Sunday B.
- 206-210 Examining the psychometric properties of the Maslach Burnout Inventory with a sample of child protective service workers in Korea
by Oh, Seung-Hwan & Lee, Minhong
- 211-218 "CPS is not a housing agency"; Housing is a CPS problem: Towards a definition and typology of housing problems in child welfare cases
by Shdaimah, Corey S.
- 219-226 The social and family backgrounds of infants in South Australian out-of-home care 2000-2005: Predictors of subsequent abuse notifications
by Delfabbro, Paul & Borgas, Mignon & Rogers, Nancy & Jeffreys, Helen & Wilson, Ros
- 227-234 Parents social and resource capital: Predictors of academic achievement during early childhood
by Schlee, Bethanne M. & Mullis, Ann K. & Shriner, Michael
- 235-242 Challenges and strengths among Chafee Education and Training Voucher eligible youth: The rural service providers' perspective
by Wells, Melissa & Zunz, Sharyn
- 243-248 The relationship between state efforts and child support performance
by Huang, Chien-Chung & Edwards, Richard L.
- 249-256 Domestic violence crimes and children: A population-based investigation of direct sensory exposure and the nature of involvement
by Fusco, Rachel A. & Fantuzzo, John W.
- 257-264 Exploring the influence of gender on adolescents' service needs and service pathways
by Maschi, Tina & Schwalbe, Craig S. & Morgen, Keith & Gibson, Sandy & Violette, Nancy M.
- 265-273 Adolescents' perspectives on placement moves and congregate settings: Complex and cumulative instabilities in out-of-home care
by Hyde, Justeen & Kammerer, Nina
- 274-283 Children's college aspirations and expectations: The potential role of children's development accounts (CDAs)
by Elliott III, William
- 284-291 The importance of friends among foster youth aging out of care: Cluster profiles of deviant peer affiliations
by Shook, Jeffrey J. & Vaughn, Michael G. & Litschge, Christy & Kolivoski, Karen & Schelbe, Lisa
2009, Volume 31, Issue 1
- 1-7 Gender and ethnic differences for Hispanic children referred to child protective services
by Alzate, Mónica M. & Rosenthal, James A.
- 8-15 Facing the challenges of children and youth with special abilities and needs on the fringes of Omani society
by Profanter, Annemarie
- 16-22 The impact of early mental health services on the trajectory of externalizing behavioral problems in a sample of high-risk pre-adolescent children
by Thompson, Richard
- 23-31 The impact of low- and moderate-wealth homeownership on parental attitudes and behavior: Evidence from the community advantage panel
by Grinstein-Weiss, Michal & Greeson, Johanna K.P. & Yeo, Yeong H. & Birdsong, Susanna S. & Despard, Mathieu R. & Quercia, Roberto G.
- 32-39 A comparative study of policy approach for child protection in Goa and Singapore
by Desai, Murli
- 40-46 Children with disabilities: Problems faced by foster parents
by Brown, Jason D. & Rodger, Susan
- 47-52 Generations of Hope Communities: An intergenerational neighborhood model of support and service
by Eheart, Brenda Krause & Hopping, David & Power, Martha Bauman & Mitchell, Elissa Thomann & Racine, David
- 53-62 The beliefs of resilient African-American adolescent mothers transitioning from foster care to independent living: A case-based analysis
by Haight, Wendy & Finet, Dayna & Bamba, Sachiko & Helton, Jesse
- 63-70 Receipt of professional care coordination among families raising children with special health care needs: A multilevel analysis of state policy needs
by Parish, Susan L. & Rose, Roderick A. & Andrews, Megan E. & Shattuck, Paul T.
- 71-77 Mothers' experience of methamphetamine addiction: A case-based analysis of rural, midwestern women
by Haight, Wendy L. & Carter-Black, Janet D. & Sheridan, Kathryn
- 78-88 Intentions to remain employed in child welfare: The role of human caring, self-efficacy beliefs, and professional organizational culture
by Ellett, Alberta J.
- 89-96 Assessing candidates for adoptive parenthood. Institutional re-formulations of biographical notes
by Noordegraaf, Martine & van Nijnatten, Carolus & Elbers, Ed
- 97-103 School climate and children's views of their rights: A multi-cultural perspective among Jewish and Arab adolescents
by Khoury-Kassabri, Mona & Ben-Arieh, Asher
- 104-111 Natural mentoring and psychosocial outcomes among older youth transitioning from foster care
by Munson, Michelle R. & McMillen, J. Curtis
- 112-118 The role of child welfare managers in promoting agency performance through experimentation
by McBeath, Bowen & Briggs, Harold E. & Aisenberg, Eugene
- 119-124 Implementation fidelity of Team Decisionmaking
by Crea, Thomas M. & Usher, Charles L. & Wildfire, Judith B.
- 125-139 Runaway youths in Singapore: Exploring demographics, motivations, and environments
by Khong, Lana Yiu Lan
- 140-154 AdoptUsKids national photolisting service: Characteristics of listed children and length of time to placement
by Avery, Rosemary J. & Butler, J.S. & Schmidt, Ellie Bradsher & Holtan, Barbara A.
- 155-160 Residential education: An emerging resource for improving educational outcomes for youth in foster care?
by Lee, Bethany & Barth, Rick P.
- 161-168 Satisfaction with counseling among black males in transition from the foster care system
by Scott Jr., Lionel D. & Munson, Michelle R. & White, Tony
- 169-170 ,Coercive control: How men entrap women in personal life by Evan Stark , Oxford University Press, NY (2007) 452p
by Jenney, Angelique
- 170-172 Robert J. Chaskin and Jona M. Rosenfeld, Editors, Research for Action: Cross - National Perspectives on Connecting Knowledge, Policy and Practice for Children, Oxford University Press (2008)
by Wilson, Dee
- 173-174 Leslie T. Foster and Brian Wharf , People, Politics and Child Welfare in British Columbia, UBC Press, Vancouver (2008) ISBN 978-0-7748-1373-0, p. 286
by Gallagher-Mackay, Kelly
2008, Volume 30, Issue 12
- 1345-1354 Are street children beyond rehabilitation? Understanding the life situation of street boys through ethnographic methods in Nakuru, Kenya
by Kaime-Atterhög, Wanjiku & Ahlberg, Beth Maina
- 1355-1365 Pre-professional mandated reporters' understanding of young children's eyewitness testimony: Implications for training
by Smith, Maureen C.
- 1366-1375 Depression among Latino children in the public child welfare system
by Ayón, Cecilia & Marcenko, Maureen O.
- 1376-1385 Mapping the social service pathways of youth to and through the juvenile justice system: A comprehensive review
by Maschi, Tina & Hatcher, Schnavia Smith & Schwalbe, Craig S. & Rosato, Nancy Scotto
- 1386-1394 Home visitors' perceptions of teen mothers: Using qualitative research to explore labeling theory
by Haynes-Lawrence, Darbi
- 1395-1402 Female juvenile prostitutes: Exploring the relationship to substance use
by Brawn, Kara Marie & Roe-Sepowitz, Dominique
- 1403-1416 Current status and evidence base of training for foster and treatment foster parents
by Dorsey, Shannon & Farmer, Elizabeth M.Z. & Barth, Richard P. & Greene, Kaylin M. & Reid, John & Landsverk, John
- 1417-1424 Children working in the streets of Colombian cities: Different pathways to the street lead to different populations
by Pinzón-Rondón, Angela M. & Hofferth, Sandra & Briceño, Leonardo
- 1425-1436 Outcomes in residential treatment for youth: The role of early engagement
by Smith, Brenda D. & Duffee, David E. & Steinke, Camela M. & Huang, Yufan & Larkin, Heather
- 1437-1446 Young mothers and babies wellness program
by Love, Susan M. & Suarez, Ana M. & Love, Marianne E.
- 1447-1457 The first-three years of parenting: Evidence from the Fragile Families and Child Well-Being Study
by Huang, Chien-Chung & Lee, Inseon
- 1458-1464 Strengthening the integration of actuarial risk assessment with clinical judgment in an evidence based practice framework
by Schwalbe, Craig S.
2008, Volume 30, Issue 11
- 1221-1232 Variability in the implementation of Team Decisionmaking (TDM): Scope and compliance with the Family to Family practice model
by Crea, Thomas M. & Crampton, David S. & Abramson-Madden, Anne & Usher, Charles L.
- 1233-1245 'A load too heavy': Critical reflections on the child labor problem in Africa's small-scale mining sector
by Hilson, Gavin
- 1246-1255 Youth perceptions of neighborhood hassles and resources: A mixed method analysis
by Anthony, Elizabeth K. & Nicotera, Nicole
- 1256-1266 Former foster youth remember multiple placement moves: A journey of loss and hope
by Unrau, Yvonne A. & Seita, John R. & Putney, Kristin S.
- 1267-1278 A cost-benefit analysis of transitional services for emancipating foster youth
by Packard, Thomas & Delgado, Melanie & Fellmeth, Robert & McCready, Karen
- 1279-1288 The policy context of leaving care services: A case study of Northern Ireland
by Collins, Mary Elizabeth & Pinkerton, John
- 1289-1298 Disposable lives
by Snow, Kim
- 1299-1317 Evidence-based or biased? The quality of published reviews of evidence-based practices
by Littell, Julia H.
- 1318-1327 Predictors of children in foster care being adopted: A classification tree analysis
by Snowden, Jessica & Leon, Scott & Sieracki, Jeffrey
- 1328-1335 Parental attitudes towards education: What matters for children's well-being?
by Yang, Sonam & Shin, Chang Sik
- 1336-1344 Placement preferences among children living in foster or kinship care: A cluster analysis
by Merritt, Darcey H.
2008, Volume 30, Issue 10
- 1101-1110 Psychopathic personality features and risks for criminal justice system involvement among emancipating foster youth
by Vaughn, Michael G. & Litschge, Christine & DeLisi, Matt & Beaver, Kevin M. & McMillen, Curtis J.
- 1111-1118 Prioritizing cultural competence in the implementation of an evidence-based practice model
by Bridge, Tana J. & Massie, Enos Greer & Mills, Crystal S.
- 1119-1130 Children of incarcerated parents: Challenges and resiliency, in their own words
by Nesmith, Ande & Ruhland, Ebony
- 1131-1143 Maltreated children's emotional availability with kin and non-kin foster mothers: A sociobiological perspective
by Lawler, Michael J.
- 1144-1158 Adolescents of New York City immigrant families
by Han, Wen-Jui
- 1159-1177 Reclaiming lost opportunities: Applying public health models in juvenile justice
by Myers, Diane M. & Farrell, Anne F.
- 1178-1188 "She holds my hand" The experiences of foster youth with their natural mentors
by Greeson, Johanna K.P. & Bowen, Natasha K.
- 1189-1197 Differences among battered mothers in their involvement with child protection services: Could the perpetrator's biological relationship to the child have an impact?
by Lee, Hee Yun & Lightfoot, Elizabeth & Edleson, Jeffrey L.
- 1198-1210 "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger": Survivalist self-reliance as resilience and risk among young adults aging out of foster care
by Samuels, Gina Miranda & Pryce, Julia M.
- 1211-1219 Educational attainment and cognitive competence in adopted men -- A study of international and national adoptees, siblings and a general Swedish population
by Dalen, Monica & Hjern, Anders & Lindblad, Frank & Odenstad, Anna & Ramussen, Finn & Vinnerljung, Bo
2008, Volume 30, Issue 9
- 979-994 The academic status of children and youth in out-of-home care: A review of the literature
by Trout, Alexandra L. & Hagaman, Jessica & Casey, Kathryn & Reid, Robert & Epstein, Michael H.
- 995-1008 Retention of front-line staff in child welfare: A systematic review of research
by DePanfilis, Diane & Zlotnik, Joan Levy
- 1009-1021 Where the homeless children and youth come from: A study of the residential origins of the homeless in Miami-Dade County, Florida
by Rukmana, Deden
- 1022-1036 Family types and social integration in kinship foster care
by Holtan, Amy
- 1037-1054 Who are the eligible non-recipients of child care subsidies?
by Herbst, Chris M.
- 1055-1062 Crime can be prevented if schools teach juvenile offenders to read
by Vacca, James S.
- 1063-1080 A comprehensive model for child welfare training evaluation
by Antle, Becky F. & Barbee, Anita P. & van Zyl, Michiel A.
- 1081-1087 Breaking the cycle of academic failure for foster children -- What can the schools do to help?
by Vacca, James S.
- 1088-1099 Juvenile delinquency in child welfare: Investigating group home effects
by Ryan, Joseph P. & Marshall, Jane Marie & Herz, Denise & Hernandez, Pedro M.
2008, Volume 30, Issue 8
- 847-860 The psychosocial functioning and family background of children experiencing significant placement instability in Australian out-of-home care
by Osborn, Alexandra L. & Delfabbro, Paul & Barber, James G.
- 861-878 Parenting services for mothers involved with child protective services: Do they change maternal parenting and spanking behaviors with young children?
by Casanueva, Cecilia & Martin, Sandra L. & Runyan, Desmond K. & Barth, Richard P. & Bradley, Robert H.
- 879-892 Measuring parenting among foster families: The development of the Foster Parent Attitudes Questionnaire (FPAQ)
by Harden, Brenda Jones & D'Amour Meisch, Allison & Vick, Jessica E. & Pandohie-Johnson, Lisa
- 893-902 Representations of fathers and mothers in court petitions for dependent minor status for children at risk
by Davidson-Arad, Bilha & Peled, Einat & Leichtentritt, Ronit
- 903-913 Implementation and effects of a service coordination program for youths and their families in complex situations: A mixed evaluation design
by Dagenais, Christian & Nault-Brière, Frédéric & Dupont, Didier & Dutil, Julie
- 914-927 Onset of juvenile court involvement: Exploring gender-specific associations with maltreatment and poverty
by Bright, Charlotte Lyn & Jonson-Reid, Melissa
- 928-941 Understanding practice principles and service delivery: The implementation of a community-based family support program
by Manalo, Victor
- 942-954 The impact of foster care and Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) on women's drug treatment outcomes
by Lewandowski, Cathleen A. & Hill, Twyla J.
- 955-966 African American and white child welfare workers' attitudes towards policies involving race and sexual orientation
by Jayaratne, Srinika & Faller, Kathleen Coulborn & Ortega, Robert M. & Vandervort, Frank
- 967-977 Parents' experiences in seeking child care for school age children with disabilities--Where does the system break down?
by Jinnah, Hamida Amirali & Stoneman, Zolinda
2008, Volume 30, Issue 7
- 699-704 Perception of risk among child protection workers
by Sullivan, Catherine & Whitehead, Paul C. & Leschied, Alan W. & Chiodo, Debbie & Hurley, Dermot
- 705-716 Connecting father absence and mother blame in child welfare policies and practice
by Strega, Susan & Fleet, Claire & Brown, Leslie & Dominelli, Lena & Callahan, Marilyn & Walmsley, Christopher
- 717-726 A pedagogical response to a changing world: Towards a globally-informed pedagogy for child and youth care education and practice
by Bellefeuille, Gerard & McGrath, Jenny & Jamieson, Donna
- 727-734 How to open and sustain a drop-in center for homeless youth
by Slesnick, Natasha & Glassman, Michael & Garren, Rikki & Toviessi, Paula & Bantchevska, Denitza & Dashora, Pushpanjali
- 735-745 Older youth leaving the foster care system: Who, what, when, where, and why?
by McCoy, Henrika & McMillen, J. Curtis & Spitznagel, Edward L.
- 746-757 Comparing outcomes for youth in treatment foster care and family-style group care
by Lee, Bethany R. & Thompson, Ron
- 758-773 Need or availability? Modeling aftercare decisions for psychiatrically hospitalized adolescents
by Fontanella, Cynthia A. & Early, Theresa J. & Phillips, Gary
- 774-786 The well-being of children in foster care: Exploring physical and mental health needs
by Sullivan, Dana J. & van Zyl, Michiel A.
- 787-799 An examination of the reasons for child removal in Clark County, Nevada
by Pelton, Leroy H.
- 800-808 Individual and provider effects on mental health outcomes in child welfare: A three level growth curve approach
by Sieracki, Jeffrey H. & Leon, Scott C. & Miller, Steven A. & Lyons, John S.
- 809-820 Privatization of child welfare services: Lessons learned from experienced states regarding site readiness assessment and planning
by Flaherty, Chris & Collins-Camargo, Crystal & Lee, Elizabeth
- 821-833 Exploring alternatives for improving child support application filing rates within the context of civil protection order cases
by Yearwood, Douglas L. & Dowd, Keith & Starsoneck, Leslie
- 834-846 Youth volunteering for youth: Who are they serving? How are they being served?
by Haski-Leventhal, Debbie & Ronel, Natti & York, Alan S. & Ben-David, Boaz M.
2008, Volume 30, Issue 6
- 613-615 Recent Trends in Intimate Violence: Theory and Intervention Volume II Zvi Eisikovits, Peggy Grauwiler, Linda G. Mills, Zeev Winstok (Israel, United States)
by Eisikovits, Zvi & Grauwiler, Peggy & Mills, Linda G. & Winstok, Zeev
- 616-630 Doing treatment: Batterers' experience of intervention
by Buchbinder, Eli & Eisikovits, Zvi
- 631-638 Shame and intimate abuse: The critical missing link between cause and cure
by Mills, Linda G.
- 639-646 The legal consequences of intimate partner violence for men and women
by Felson, Richard B.
- 647-653 Resistance to evaluation in batterers' programs in Israel
by Enosh, Guy
- 654-664 Adolescent males' coping responses to domestic violence: A qualitative study
by Aymer, Samuel R.
- 665-673 Child sexual abuse: A critical review of intervention and treatment modalities
by Lev-Wiesel, Rachel
- 674-688 Bridging the divide between child welfare and domestic violence services: Deconstructing the change process
by Moles, Kerry
- 689-698 From evolving discourses to new practice approaches in domestic violence and child protective services
by Friend, Colleen & Shlonsky, Aron & Lambert, Liz
2008, Volume 30, Issue 5
- 485-492 Foster children need more help after they reach the age of eighteen
by Vacca, James S.
- 493-501 The costs of a public health infrastructure for delivering parenting and family support
by Foster, E. Michael & Prinz, Ronald J. & Sanders, Matthew R. & Shapiro, Cheri J.
- 502-521 Measuring children's exposure to domestic violence: The development and testing of the Child Exposure to Domestic Violence (CEDV) Scale
by Edleson, Jeffrey L. & Shin, Narae & Johnson Armendariz, Katy K.
- 522-535 Transition services for incarcerated youth: A mixed methods evaluation study
by Abrams, Laura S. & Shannon, Sarah K.S. & Sangalang, Cindy
- 536-545 Centralized assessment of early developmental delays in children in foster care: A program that works
by Bruhn, Christina M. & Duval, Denise & Louderman, Richard
- 546-563 Legal ethics and high child welfare worker turnover: An unexplored connection
by Vandervort, Frank E. & Pott Gonzalez, Robbin & Coulborn Faller, Katlheen
- 564-574 Child welfare practice and policy related to the impact of children experiencing physical victimization and domestic violence
by Chiodo, Debbie & Leschied, Alan W. & Whitehead, Paul C. & Hurley, Dermot
- 575-584 Chinese policy reaction to the problem of street children: An analysis from the perspective of street children
by Lam, Debbie & Cheng, Fucai
- 585-596 A preliminary study of the cognitive and motor skills acquisition of young international adoptees
by Wilson, Samantha L. & Weaver, Terri L. & Cradock, Mary Michaeleen & Kuebli, Janet E.
- 597-612 Once the door closes: Understanding the parent-provider relationship
by Riley, Shireen & Brady, Anne E. & Goldberg, Jessica & Jacobs, Francine & Easterbrooks, M. Ann
2008, Volume 30, Issue 4
- 353-364 Reentry of elementary aged children following reunification from foster care
by Barth, Richard P. & Weigensberg, Elizabeth C. & Fisher, Philip A. & Fetrow, Becky & Green, Rebecca L.
- 365-387 First-year maternal employment and child outcomes: Differences across racial and ethnic groups
by Berger, Lawrence & Brooks-Gunn, Jeanne & Paxson, Christina & Waldfogel, Jane
- 388-406 Market-based disparities in foster care outcomes
by Meezan, William & McBeath, Bowen
- 407-417 Examining African American fathers' involvement in permanency planning: An effort to reduce racial disproportionality in the child welfare system
by Coakley, Tanya M.
- 418-426 Extracurricular activities in school, do they matter?
by Shulruf, Boaz & Tumen, Sarah & Tolley, Hilary
- 427-436 Service profile of youths with schizophrenia-spectrum diagnoses
by Schiffman, Jason & Chorpita, Bruce F. & Daleiden, Eric L. & Maeda, Justin A. & Nakamura, Brad J.
- 437-451 The story behind kinship care caseload dynamics: An analysis of AFCARS data, 2000-2003
by Vericker, Tracy & Macomber, Jennifer & Geen, Robert
- 452-465 Crisis nursery outcomes for caregivers served at multiple sites in Illinois
by Cole, Susan A. & Hernandez, Pedro M.
- 466-484 "It's not my fault": Acceptance of responsibility as a component of engagement in juvenile residential treatment
by Englebrecht, Christine & Peterson, Dana & Scherer, Aaron & Naccarato, Toni
2008, Volume 30, Issue 3
- 249-251 Recent trends in intimate violence: Theory and intervention
by Eisikovits, Zvi & Grauwiler, Peggy & Mills, Linda G. & Winstok, Zeev
- 252-275 Dominance and symmetry in partner violence by male and female university students in 32 nations
by Straus, Murray A.
- 276-286 Intimate partner violence: Persistence of myths and implications for intervention
by Ehrensaft, Miriam K.
- 287-296 Motives and control in escalatory conflicts in intimate relationships
by Winstok, Zeev & Eisikovits, Zvi
- 297-310 Conflict escalation to violence and escalation of violent conflicts
by Winstok, Zeev
- 311-322 Voices of women: Perspectives on decision-making and the management of partner violence
by Grauwiler, Peggy
- 323-337 Will she be safe? A critical analysis of risk assessment in domestic violence cases
by Hoyle, Carolyn
- 338-351 Violence in intimate relationships: A conceptual and empirical examination of sexual and physical aggression
by White, Jacquelyn W. & McMullin, Darcy & Swartout, Kevin & Sechrist, Stacy & Gollehon, Ashlyn
2008, Volume 30, Issue 2
- 123-140 Under one roof: A review and selective meta-analysis on the outcomes of residential child and youth care
by Knorth, Erik J. & Harder, Annemiek T. & Zandberg, Tjalling & Kendrick, Andrew J.
- 141-156 Who are these parents involved in child neglect A differential analysis by parent gender and family structure
by Dufour, Sarah & Lavergne, Chantal & Larrivee, Marie-Claude & Trocme, Nico
- 157-172 Differences in patterns of maternal arrest and the parent, family, and child problems encountered in working with families
by Phillips, Susan D. & Erkanli, Alaattin
- 173-186 Consumer satisfaction with CASAs (Court Appointed Special Advocates)
by Litzelfelner, Pat
- 187-198 Collaboration between mental health and child protection services: Professionals' perceptions of best practice
by Darlington, Yvonne & Feeney, Judith A.
- 199-215 Decision points in child welfare: An action research model to address disproportionality
by Harris, Marian S. & Hackett, Wanda
- 216-228 Behavioral problems following reunification of children in long-term foster care
by Bellamy, Jennifer L.
- 229-248 Emotional, behavioral and social problems among Israeli children in residential care: A multi-level analysis
by Attar-Schwartz, Shalhevet
2008, Volume 30, Issue 1
- 1-25 Retrospective and concurrent predictors of the mental health of children in care
by Tarren-Sweeney, Michael
- 26-44 Severity, timing, and duration of welfare sanctions and the economic well-being of TANF families with children
by Wu, Chi-Fang
- 45-61 Participants' perceptions of healthy families: A home visitation program to prevent child abuse and neglect
by Krysik, Judy & LeCroy, Craig Winston & Ashford, Jose B.
- 62-78 Asset holding and net worth among households with children: Differences by household type
by Grinstein-Weiss, Michal & Hun Yeo, Yeong & Zhan, Min & Charles, Pajarita
- 79-89 Changes in parenting attitudes and knowledge among inmates and other at-risk populations after a family nurturing program
by Palusci, Vincent J. & Crum, Pat & Bliss, Rosalynn & Bavolek, Stephen J.
- 90-106 Maintaining sibling relationships for children in foster and adoptive placements
by James, Sigrid & Monn, Amy R. & Palinkas, Lawrence A. & Leslie, Laurel K.
- 107-121 The role of workers' attitudes and parent and child wishes in child protection workers' assessments and recommendation regarding removal and reunification
by Arad-Davidzon, Bilhah & Benbenishty, Rami
2007, Volume 29, Issue 12
- 1469-1486 Do good intentions beget good policy? A review of child protection policies to address intimate partner violence
by Nixon, Kendra L. & Tutty, Leslie M. & Weaver-Dunlop, Gillian & Walsh, Christine A.
- 1487-1502 Training as a factor in policy implementation: Lessons from a National Evaluation of Child Welfare Training
by Collins, Mary Elizabeth & Amodeo, Maryann & Clay, Cassandra
- 1503-1519 Substance-exposed newborns: Hospital and child protection responses
by Drescher Burke, Krista
- 1520-1536 Beginning street life: Factors contributing to children working and living on the streets of Khartoum, Sudan
by Plummer, Mary L. & Kudrati, Mustafa & Dafalla El Hag Yousif, Nassrin
2007, Volume 29, Issue 11
- 1395-1410 Co-occurring problems for substance abusing mothers in child welfare: Matching services to improve family reunification
by Choi, Sam & Ryan, Joseph P.
- 1411-1425 State-designated special needs, post-adoption support, and state fiscal stress
by Hansen, Mary Eschelbach
- 1426-1438 The social ecology of acculturation: Implications for child welfare services to children of immigrants
by Johnson, Michelle A.
- 1439-1453 Grandparents' and social workers' experiences with the child welfare system: A case for mutual resources
by Gladstone, James W. & Brown, Ralph A.
- 1454-1468 Differential response: A critical examination of a secondary prevention model
by Conley, Amy
2007, Volume 29, Issue 10
- 1269-1285 Special needs adoption from China: Exploring child-level indicators, adoptive family characteristics, and correlates of behavioral adjustment
by Tan, Tony Xing & Marfo, Kofi & Dedrick, Robert F.
- 1286-1300 Civic engagement or token participation? Perceived impact of the citizen review panel initiative
by Bryan, Valerie & Jones, Blake & Allen, Erin & Collins-Camargo, Crystal
- 1301-1319 Can system integration improve mental health outcomes for children and youth?
by Foster, E. Michael & Stephens, Robert & Krivelyova, Anna & Gamfi, Phyllis
- 1320-1334 Foster children with an incarcerated parent: Predictors of reunification
by Hayward, R. Anna & DePanfilis, Diane