Children and Youth Services Review
2011, Volume 33, Issue 12
- 2469-2474 The experience of Jordanian care leavers making the transition from residential care to adulthood: The influence of a patriarchal and collectivist culture
by Ibrahim, Rawan W. & Howe, David
- 2475-2481 Leaving family care
by del Valle, Jorge F. & Lázaro-Visa, Susana & López, Mónica & Bravo, Amaia
- 2482-2488 Transition secured? A follow-up study of adolescents who have left secure residential care
by Harder, Annemiek T. & Knorth, Erik J. & Kalverboer, Margrite E.
- 2489-2497 School performance in primary school and psychosocial problems in young adulthood among care leavers from long term foster care
by Berlin, Marie & Vinnerljung, Bo & Hjern, Anders
- 2498-2503 Promotive and risk factors as concurrent predictors of educational outcomes in supported transitional living: Extended care and maintenance in Ontario, Canada
by Flynn, Robert J. & Tessier, Nicholas G.
- 2504-2511 The mental health of young people aging out of care and entering adulthood: Exploring the evidence from England and France
by Stein, Mike & Dumaret, Annick-Camille
- 2512-2518 Continuities and discontinuities: Issues concerning the establishment of a persistent sense of self amongst care leavers
by Ward, Harriet
- 2519-2525 Dealing with the past in the transition from care. A post-structural analysis of young people's accounts
by Fransson, Elisabeth & Storø, Jan
- 2526-2531 Transition within transition: How young people learn to leave behind institutional care whilst their carers are stuck in neutral
by Anghel, Roxana
- 2532-2539 Making sense of leaving care: The contribution of Bridges model of transition to understanding the psycho-social process
by Dima, Gabriela & Skehill, Caroline
2011, Volume 33, Issue 11
- 2069-2075 Prevalence of children with disabilities in the child welfare system and out of home placement: An examination of administrative records
by Lightfoot, Elizabeth & Hill, Katharine & LaLiberte, Traci
- 2076-2086 Reframing child protection: A response to a constant crisis of confidence in child protection
by Mansell, James & Ota, Rissa & Erasmus, Ricus & Marks, Kip
- 2087-2095 A comparison of path factors influencing depressive symptoms in children of immigrant women and Korean children in South Korea
by Chun, JongSerl & Chung, Youngsoon
- 2096-2102 Child welfare agency climate influence on worker commitment
by Claiborne, Nancy & Auerbach, Charles & Lawrence, Catherine & Liu, Junqing & McGowan, Brenda G. & Fernendes, Gretta & Magnano, Julie
- 2103-2111 The impact of emotional and physical violence during pregnancy on maternal and child health at one year post-partum
by McMahon, Sarah & Huang, Chien-Chung & Boxer, Paul & Postmus, Judy L.
- 2112-2118 A systematic review of psychosocial interventions for suicidal adolescents
by Corcoran, Jacqueline & Dattalo, Patrick & Crowley, Meghan & Brown, Emily & Grindle, Lauren
- 2119-2126 Housing experiences of former foster youth: How do they fare in comparison to other youth?
by Berzin, Stephanie Cosner & Rhodes, Alison M. & Curtis, Marah A.
- 2127-2137 Risk and protective factors for depression and substance use in an adolescent child welfare sample
by Guibord, Mélanie & Bell, Tessa & Romano, Elisa & Rouillard, Louise
- 2138-2145 Behavior problems in children raised by grandmothers: The role of caregiver distress, family resources, and the home environment
by Kelley, Susan J. & Whitley, Deborah M. & Campos, Peter E.
- 2146-2151 Developing and validating measures for child welfare agencies to self-monitor fidelity to a child safety intervention
by Kaye, Sarah & Osteen, Philip J.
- 2152-2159 Comparative well being of Israeli youngsters in residential care with and without siblings
by Davidson-Arad, Bilha & Klein, Adva
- 2160-2167 The role of assets in improving college attainment among Hispanic immigrant youth in the U.S
by Song, Hyun-a & Elliott, William
- 2168-2175 Assets and liabilities, race/ethnicity, and children's college education
by Zhan, Min & Sherraden, Michael
- 2176-2185 Maternal substance abuse and disrupted parenting: Distinguishing mothers who keep their children from those who do not
by Grant, Therese & Huggins, Janet & Graham, J. Christopher & Ernst, Cara & Whitney, Nancy & Wilson, Dee
- 2186-2197 Online youth work and eYouth — A guide to the world of the digital natives
by Székely, Levente & Nagy, Ádám
- 2198-2206 The language and policy of care and parenting: Understanding the uncertainty about key players’ roles in foster care provision
by Hollin, Gregory & Larkin, Michael
- 2207-2212 The impact of mental health issues, substance use, and exposure to victimization on pregnancy rates among a sample of youth with past-year foster care placement
by Coleman-Cowger, Victoria H. & Green, Binta Alleyne & Clark, Trenette T.
- 2213-2220 Psychotropic medication oversight for youth in foster care: A national perspective on state child welfare policy and practice guidelines
by Mackie, Thomas I. & Hyde, Justeen & Rodday, Angie Mae & Dawson, Emily & Lakshmikanthan, Ravi & Bellonci, Christopher & Schoonover, Diana R. & Leslie, Laurel K.
- 2221-2229 Mitigating the effect of family poverty on academic and behavioral outcomes: The role of school climate in middle and high school
by Hopson, Laura M. & Lee, Eunju
- 2230-2240 Fostering cultural development: Foster parents' perspectives
by Daniel, Ellice
- 2241-2252 Teacher and center stability and school readiness among low-income, ethnically diverse children in subsidized, center-based child care
by Tran, Henry & Winsler, Adam
- 2253-2260 Parent–adolescent concordance on perceived need for mental health services and its impact on service use
by Williams, Crystal D. & Lindsey, Michael & Joe, Sean
- 2261-2266 Former system youth with mental health needs: Routes to adult mental health care, insight, emotions, and mistrust
by Munson, Michelle R. & Scott, Lionel D. & Smalling, Susan E. & Kim, HyunSoo & Floersch, Jerry E.
- 2267-2272 Using the bridges transition framework for youth in foster care: Measurement development and preliminary outcomes
by Van Ryzin, Mark J. & Mills, Donna & Kelban, Steven & Vars, Masiel Rodriquez & Chamberlain, Patricia
- 2273-2281 The context of program implementation and evaluation: A pilot study of interorganizational differences to improve child welfare reform efforts
by Crea, Thomas M. & Crampton, David S.
- 2282-2289 Settling into a new home as a teenager: About establishing social bonds in different types of foster families in Sweden
by Hedin, Lena & Höjer, Ingrid & Brunnberg, Elinor
- 2290-2296 Residential treatment for sexually exploited adolescent girls: Acknowledge, Commit, Transform (ACT)
by Thomson, Susan & Hirshberg, David & Corbett, Amy & Valila, Nikki & Howley, Denise
- 2297-2302 Emotional abuse and emotional neglect subscales of the CTQ: Associations with each other, other measures of psychological maltreatment, and demographic variables
by Baker, Amy J.L. & Festinger, Trudy
- 2303-2311 Patterns and predictors of early care and education for children in foster care
by Lipscomb, Shannon T. & Pears, Katherine C.
- 2312-2328 Taking stock of ten years of research on the relationship between assets and children's educational outcomes: Implications for theory, policy and intervention
by Elliott, William & Destin, Mesmin & Friedline, Terri
- 2329-2334 Social bonds and male juvenile delinquency while on probation: An exploratory test in Hong Kong
by Chui, Wing Hong & Chan, Heng Choon (Oliver)
- 2335-2341 An examination of post-secondary retention and graduation among foster care youth enrolled in a four-year university
by Day, Angelique & Dworsky, Amy & Fogarty, Kieran & Damashek, Amy
- 2342-2346 Children adopted from China: Attachment security two years later
by Cohen, Nancy J. & Farnia, Fataneh
- 2347-2354 Predictors for resolution of antisocial behavior among foster care youth receiving community-based services
by Dunleavy, Alison M. & Leon, Scott C.
- 2355-2365 Multiple Response System: Evaluation of Policy Change in North Carolina's Child Welfare System
by Lawrence, C. Nicole & Rosanbalm, Katie D. & Dodge, Kenneth A.
- 2366-2374 Parent management training, relationships with agency staff, and child mental health: Urban foster parents' perspectives
by Spielfogel, Jill E. & Leathers, Sonya J. & Christian, Errick & McMeel, Lorri S.
- 2375-2385 Victimization, psychological distress and subsequent offending among youth
by Hartinger-Saunders, Robin M. & Rittner, Barbara & Wieczorek, William & Nochajski, Thomas & Rine, Christine M. & Welte, John
- 2386-2391 Really troubled girls: Gender differences in risky sexual behavior and its correlates in a sample of juvenile offenders
by Biswas, Bipasha & Vaughn, Michael G.
- 2392-2398 A cumulative ecological–transactional risk model of child maltreatment and behavioral outcomes: Reconceptualizing early maltreatment report as risk factor
by MacKenzie, Michael J. & Kotch, Jonathan B. & Lee, Lee-Ching & Augsberger, Astraea & Hutto, Nathan
- 2400-2407 Predictors of child protective service contact between birth and age five: An examination of California's 2002 birth cohort
by Putnam-Hornstein, Emily & Needell, Barbara
October 2011, Volume 33, Issue 10
- 1761-1766 Randomized trial of the healthy families Arizona home visiting program
by LeCroy, Craig Winston & Krysik, Judy
- 1767-1778 Organizational culture influence on service delivery: A mixed methods design in a child welfare setting
by Agbényiga, DeBrenna LaFa
- 1779-1785 Compulsory residential care: An examination of treatment improvement of individual and family functioning
by Nijhof, Karin S. & Veerman, Jan W. & Engels, Rutger C.M.E. & Scholte, Ron H.J.
- 1786-1794 Friends' influences on young people's aggression risk
by Cheung, Chau-kiu & Tse, John Wing-ling
- 1795-1803 The missing voice: Parents' perspectives of bullying
by Sawyer, Jami-Leigh & Mishna, Faye & Pepler, Debra & Wiener, Judith
- 1804-1812 Complex families and equality in child support obligations: A comparative policy analysis
by Meyer, Daniel R. & Skinner, Christine & Davidson, Jacqueline
- 1813-1821 Social skills of adopted Chinese girls at home and in school: Parent and teacher ratings
by Tan, Tony Xing & Camras, Linda A.
- 1822-1830 Young children in foster care and the development of favorable outcomes
by Healey, Cynthia V. & Fisher, Philip A.
- 1831-1841 Speaking up and stepping back: Examining the link between employee voice and job neglect
by Travis, Dnika J. & Gomez, Rebecca J. & Mor Barak, Michàlle E.
- 1842-1846 Bridging help-seeking options to Vietnamese Americans with parent-child conflict and depressive symptoms
by Nguyen, Peter Viet & Leung, Patrick & Cheung, Monit
- 1847-1854 An international classification system for child welfare programs
by Ezell, Mark & Spath, Robin & Zeira, Anat & Canali, Cinzia & Fernandez, Elizabeth & Thoburn, June & Vecchiato, Tiziano
- 1855-1865 Employment outcomes of former foster youth as young adults: The importance of human, personal, and social capital
by Hook, Jennifer L. & Courtney, Mark E.
- 1866-1874 How child welfare workers view their work with racial and ethnic minority families: The United States in contrast to England and Norway
by Kriz, Katrin & Skivenes, Marit
- 1875-1885 What they wish they would have known: Support for comprehensive sexual education from Mexican American and White adolescents' dating and sexual desires
by Adams, Heidi L. & Williams, Lela Rankin
- 1886-1890 Prevalence rate of DSM mental disorders among adolescents living in residential group homes of the French Child Welfare System
by Bronsard, Guillaume & Lançon, Christophe & Loundou, Anderson & Auquier, Pascal & Rufo, Marcel & Siméoni, Marie-Claude
- 1891-1901 Children residing with no parent present
by Bavier, Richard
- 1902-1910 Cognitive, educational and self-support outcomes of long-term foster care versus adoption. A Swedish national cohort study
by Vinnerljung, Bo & Hjern, Anders
- 1911-1918 Do youth in out-of-home care receive recommended mental health and educational services following screening evaluations?
by Petrenko, Christie L.M. & Culhane, Sara E. & Garrido, Edward F. & Taussig, Heather N.
- 1919-1929 The first three years after foster care: A longitudinal look at the adaptation of 16 youth to emerging adulthood
by Jones, Loring
- 1930-1938 Assessment of the needs of youth in residential care: Development and validation of an instrument
by Calheiros, Maria Manuela & Lopes, Diniz & Patrício, Joana Nunes
- 1939-1949 Lost in transition: Illicit substance use and services receipt among at-risk youth in the child welfare system
by Casanueva, Cecilia & Stambaugh, Leyla & Urato, Matthew & Fraser, Jenifer Goldman & Williams, Jason
- 1950-1959 Does job resource loss reduce burnout and job exit for professionally trained social workers in child welfare?
by Smith, Richard J. & Clark, Sherrill J.
- 1960-1967 A multi-site evaluation of Parents Raising Safe Kids Violence Prevention Program
by Weymouth, Lindsay Adelman & Howe, Tasha R.
- 1968-1974 Foster parent perceptions of competency: Implications for foster parent training
by Cooley, Morgan E. & Petren, Raymond E.
- 1975-1980 A preliminary study of group intervention along with basic canine training among traumatized teenagers: A 3-month longitudinal study
by Hamama, Liat & Hamama-Raz, Yaira & Dagan, Keren & Greenfeld, Hofit & Rubinstein, Chen & Ben-Ezra, Menachem
- 1981-1988 An analysis of how children adapt to residential care
by Manso, Juan Manuel Moreno & García-Baamonde, Maria Elena & Alonso, Macarena Blázquez & Barona, Eloísa Guerrero
- 1989-1993 Cognitive behavioural therapy for violent behaviour in children and adolescents: A meta-analysis
by Özabac?, Nilüfer
- 1994-1998 Referrals, language proficiency, and enrolment for children's mental health services
by Ngwakongnwi, Emmanuel & Fradgley, Elizabeth & Quan, Hude & Lu, Mingshan & Cawthorpe, David
- 1999-2009 Reducing child poverty by promoting child well-being: Identifying best practices in a time of great need
by Anthony, Elizabeth K. & King, Bryn & Austin, Michael J.
- 2010-2017 Why do children placed out-of-home because of parental substance abuse have less mental health problems than children placed for other reasons?
by Havnen, Karen Skaale & Breivik, Kyrre & Stormark, Kjell Morten & Jakobsen, Reidar
- 2018-2026 Profiles of systems involvement in a sample of high-risk urban adolescents with unmet treatment needs
by Dauber, Sarah & Hogue, Aaron
- 2027-2033 Less effort in worsening child protection cases? The time-course of intensity of services
by Jud, A. & Perrig-Chiello, P. & Voll, P.
- 2034-2042 The role of parenting and personal characteristics on deviant peer association among European American and Latino adolescents
by Padilla-Walker, Laura M. & Bean, Roy A. & Hsieh, Alexander L.
- 2043-2049 Intensive fostering: An independent evaluation of MTFC in an English setting
by Biehal, Nina & Ellison, Sarah & Sinclair, Ian
- 2050-2060 Understanding contextual effects on externalizing behaviors in children in out-of-home care: Influence of workers and foster families
by Cheung, Connie & Goodman, Deborah & Leckie, George & Jenkins, Jennifer M.
- 2061-2066 Latino families and the public child welfare system: Examining the role of social support networks
by Ayón, Cecilia
- 2067-2068 ,Scandalous Politics: Child welfare policy in the States Juliet F. Gainsborough , Georgetown University Press, Washington, D.C. (2010)
by Van Wert, Melissa
September 2011, Volume 33, Issue 9
- 1469-1475 A qualitative analysis of child protective services practice with children with developmental disabilities
by Shannon, Patrick & Tappan, Christine
- 1476-1482 Access visits: Perceptions of child protection workers, foster parents and children who are Crown wards
by Morrison, Janet & Mishna, Faye & Cook, Charlene & Aitken, Gail
- 1483-1488 Foster parent perspectives of privatization policy and the privatized system
by Steen, Julie A. & Smith, Kenneth Scott
- 1489-1496 Child custody placement outcomes for mothers
by Hiilamo, Heikki & Saarikallio-Torp, Miia
- 1497-1505 Children discharged from kin and non-kin foster homes: Do the risks of foster care re-entry differ?
by Koh, Eun & Testa, Mark F.
- 1506-1514 Intensive outreach in youth mental health: Description of a service model for young people who are difficult-to-engage and 'high-risk'
by Schley, Carsten & Radovini, Alessandra & Halperin, Steve & Fletcher, Karen
- 1515-1526 Youth engagement and service dosage in a mandated setting: A study of residential treatment centers
by Huang, Yufan & Duffee, David E. & Steinke, Camela & Larkin, Heather
- 1527-1530 Examining the relationship between psychotropic medication use and testing positive for Chlamydia and Gonorrhea among detained adolescents
by Voisin, Dexter R. & Harris, Torrie T. & Crosby, Richard A. & Salazar, Laura F. & DiClemente, Ralph J.
- 1531-1537 New methodology: Measuring racial or ethnic disparities in child welfare
by Rolock, Nancy
- 1538-1542 A critique of methods used to describe the overrepresentation of African Americans in the child welfare system
by Morton, Cory M. & Ocasio, Kerrie & Simmel, Cassandra
- 1543-1554 The journey to adopt a child who has special needs: Parents' perspectives
by Denby, Ramona W. & Alford, Keith A. & Ayala, Jessica
- 1555-1562 The Baby Elmo Program: Improving teen father-child interactions within juvenile justice facilities
by Barr, Rachel & Brito, Natalie & Zocca, Jaclyn & Reina, Samantha & Rodriguez, Jennifer & Shauffer, Carole
- 1563-1572 Early truancy intervention: Results of an evaluation using a regression discontinuity design
by Thomas, Johanna M. & Lemieux, Catherine M. & Rhodes, Judith L.F. & Vlosky, Denese Ashbaugh
- 1573-1582 The extent of family and school social capital promoting positive subjective well-being among primary school children in Shenzhen, China
by Lau, Maggie & Li, Wanxin
- 1583-1591 The role of grandparents in preventing aggressive and other externalizing behavior problems in children from rural, methamphetamine-involved families
by Sheridan, Kathryn & Haight, Wendy L. & Cleeland, Leah
- 1592-1598 Early savings for children's higher education: A comparison between savers and non-savers in a Child Development Account program
by Okech, David & Little, Todd D. & Williams-Shanks, Trina
- 1599-1607 The mediational effect of affect regulation on the relationship between attachment and internalizing/externalizing behaviors in adolescent males who have sexually offended
by Zaremba, Laura Allison & Keiley, Margaret K.
- 1608-1615 Divergence in aggressors' and victims' perceptions of bullying: A decisive factor for differential psychosocial intervention
by Cuadrado Gordillo, Isabel
- 1616-1623 Did PRWORA's mandatory school attendance policy increase attendance among targeted teenage girls?
by Kim, Jeounghee & Joo, Myungkook
- 1624-1629 Cost effectiveness of an integrated service delivery model as measured by worker retention
by Barbee, Anita P. & Antle, Becky
- 1630-1637 Disentangling substantiation: The influence of race, income, and risk on the substantiation decision in child welfare
by Dettlaff, Alan J. & Rivaux, Stephanie L. & Baumann, Donald J. & Fluke, John D. & Rycraft, Joan R. & James, Joyce
- 1638-1647 Toward a cumulative ecological risk model for the etiology of child maltreatment
by MacKenzie, Michael J. & Kotch, Jonathan B. & Lee, Li-Ching
- 1648-1657 Concept guided risk assessment: Promoting prediction and understanding
by Baumann, Donald J. & Grigsby, Charles & Sheets, Janess & Reid, Grant & Graham, J. Christopher & Robinson, David & Holoubek, Jason & Farris, James & Jeffries, Victoria & Wang, Eugene
- 1658-1666 Reunification outcomes among Mexican immigrant families in the child welfare system
by Osterling, Kathy Lemon & Han, Meekyung
- 1667-1672 A longitudinal analysis of some risk and protective factors in marijuana use by adolescents receiving child welfare services
by Cheng, Tyrone C. & Lo, Celia C.
- 1673-1682 Multidisciplinary child protection decision making about physical abuse: Determining substantiation thresholds and biases
by Jent, Jason F. & Eaton, Cyd K. & Knickerbocker, Lauren & Lambert, Walter F. & Merrick, Melissa T. & Dandes, Susan K.
- 1683-1708 Administrative case reviews: Improving outcomes for children in out-of-home care
by Whitaker, Tia
- 1709-1719 Child maltreatment in China: An ecological review of the literature
by Liao, Minli & Lee, Alvin Shiulain & Roberts-Lewis, Amelia C. & Hong, Jun Sung & Jiao, Kaishan
- 1720-1729 The career aspirations and action behaviours of Australian adolescents in out-of-home-care
by Creed, Peter & Tilbury, Clare & Buys, Nicholas & Crawford, Meegan
- 1730-1741 Effects of parental and attorney involvement on reunification in Juvenile dependency cases
by Wood, Steve M. & Russell, Jesse R.
- 1742-1748 Community resilience for youth and families: Facilitative physical and social capital in contexts of adversity
by Ungar, Michael
- 1749-1758 Lighthouse Independent Living Program: Predictors of client outcomes at discharge
by Mares, Alvin S. & Kroner, Mark J.
- 1759-1760 Doing therapy with children and adolescents with Asperger syndrome, Richard Bromfield, Hoboken, New Jersey, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2010, 217 pp., $34.95 (Hardcover)
by VanBergeijk, Ernst
August 2011, Volume 33, Issue 8
- 1333-1336 Building the evidence-base regarding infants/toddlers in the child welfare system
by Klein, Sacha & Harden, Brenda Jones
- 1337-1344 Predictors of child protective service contact between birth and age five: An examination of California's 2002 birth cohort
by Putnam-Hornstein, Emily & Needell, Barbara
- 1345-1353 Determinants of maltreatment substantiation in a sample of infants involved with the child welfare system
by Williams, Gabriela & Tonmyr, Lil & Jack, Susan M. & Fallon, Barbara & MacMillan, Harriet L.
- 1354-1363 Risk and protective factors for child neglect during early childhood: A cross-study comparison
by Slack, Kristen Shook & Berger, Lawrence M. & DuMont, Kimberly & Yang, Mi-Youn & Kim, Bomi & Ehrhard-Dietzel, Susan & Holl, Jane L.
- 1364-1373 Who spanks infants and toddlers? Evidence from the fragile families and child well-being study
by MacKenzie, Michael J. & Nicklas, Eric & Brooks-Gunn, Jeanne & Waldfogel, Jane
- 1374-1382 Risk factors and services for child maltreatment among infants and young children
by Palusci, Vincent J.
- 1383-1391 Developmental outcomes after five years for foster children returned home, remaining in care, or adopted
by Lloyd, E. Christopher & Barth, Richard P.
- 1392-1403 The early home environment and developmental outcomes for young children in the child welfare system
by Harden, Brenda Jones & Whittaker, Jessica Vick
- 1404-1411 Types and timing of child maltreatment and early school success: A population-based investigation
by Fantuzzo, John W. & Perlman, Staci M. & Dobbins, Erica K.
- 1412-1418 Directions for developmental screening in child welfare based on the ages and stages questionnaires
by McCrae, Julie S. & Cahalane, Helen & Fusco, Rachel A.
- 1419-1425 Early childhood interventionists' perspectives on serving maltreated infants and toddlers
by Herman-Smith, Robert
- 1426-1434 Dosage matters: The relationship between participation in the Nurturing Parenting Program for infants, toddlers, and preschoolers and subsequent child maltreatment
by Maher, Erin J. & Marcynyszyn, Lyscha A. & Corwin, Tyler W. & Hodnett, Rhenda
- 1435-1444 Prevention of child maltreatment in high-risk rural families: A randomized clinical trial with child welfare outcomes
by Silovsky, Jane F. & Bard, David & Chaffin, Mark & Hecht, Debra & Burris, Lorena & Owora, Arthur & Beasley, Lana & Doughty, Debbie & Lutzker, John
- 1445-1453 Crisis nursery effects on child placement after foster care
by Cole, Susan A. & Hernandez, Pedro M.
- 1454-1463 Maltreatment prevention through early childhood intervention: A confirmatory evaluation of the Chicago Child-Parent Center preschool program
by Mersky, Joshua P. & Topitzes, James D. & Reynolds, Arthur J.
- 1464-1468 Infants/toddlers in child welfare: What have we learned and where do we go from here?
by Harden, Brenda Jones & Klein, Sacha
July 2011, Volume 33, Issue 7
- 1049-1057 The impact of maternal education on children's enrollment in early childhood education and care
by Greenberg, Joy Pastan
- 1058-1066 Child maltreatment in South Korea: An ecological systems analysis
by Hong, Jun Sung & Lee, Na Youn & Park, Hye Joon & Faller, Kathleen Coulborn
- 1067-1071 Bring back orphanages--An alternative to foster care?
by Allen, Barton S. & Vacca, James S.
- 1072-1083 Who uses child care subsidies? Comparing recipients to eligible non-recipients on family background characteristics and child care preferences
by Johnson, Anna D. & Martin, Anne & Brooks-Gunn, Jeanne
- 1084-1089 "They're not my favourite people": What mothers who have experienced intimate partner violence say about involvement in the child protection system
by Hughes, Judy & Chau, Shirley & Poff, Deborah C.
- 1090-1100 Lives in motion: A review of former foster youth in the context of their experiences in the child welfare system
by Havlicek, Judy
- 1101-1111 The age old question, which comes first? A simultaneous test of children's savings and children's college-bound identity
by Elliott, William & Choi, Eun Hee & Destin, Mesmin & Kim, Kevin H.
- 1112-1119 Do employment and type of exit influence child maltreatment among families leaving Temporary Assistance for Needy Families?
by Beimers, David & Coulton, Claudia J.
- 1120-1126 Alcohol and tobacco use among South Korean adolescents: An ecological review of the literature
by Hong, Jun Sung & Lee, Na Youn & Grogan-Kaylor, Andrew & Huang, Hui
- 1127-1133 Individual and relationship factors associated with delinquency among throwaway adolescents
by Montgomery, Katherine L. & Thompson, Sanna J. & Barczyk, Amanda N.
- 1134-1141 Future expectations of adolescents in residential care in Israel
by Sulimani-Aidan, Yafit & Benbenishty, Rami
- 1142-1148 Maltreatment of children with developmental disabilities: An ecological systems analysis
by Algood, Carl L. & Hong, Jun Sung & Gourdine, Ruby M. & Williams, Abigail B.
- 1149-1158 Worker time and the cost of stability
by Tregeagle, Susan & Cox, Elizabeth & Forbes, Catherine & Humphreys, Cathy & O'Neill, Cas
- 1159-1165 Child care policy: A need for greater advocacy
by Palley, Elizabeth & Shdaimah, Corey
- 1166-1172 Examining the need for cultural adaptations to an evidence-based parent training program targeting the prevention of child maltreatment
by Self-Brown, Shannon & Frederick, Kim & Binder, Sue & Whitaker, Daniel & Lutzker, John & Edwards, Anna & Blankenship, Jaimi
- 1173-1180 Increasing college access for youth aging out of foster care: Evaluation of a summer camp program for foster youth transitioning from high school to college
by Kirk, Rosalind & Day, Angelique
- 1181-1188 Public attitudes toward child maltreatment in Israel: Implications for policy
by Schmid, Hillel & Benbenishty, Rami
- 1189-1195 Asian adolescent and young adult adoptees' psychological well-being: Examining the mediating role of marginality
by Mohanty, Jayashree & Newhill, Christina E.
- 1196-1202 Reflections on the enactment of children's participation rights through research: Between transactional and relational spaces
by Nolas, Sevasti-Melissa
- 1203-1211 Effects of federal programs on children: Absolute poverty, relative poverty, and income inequality
by Joo, Myungkook
- 1212-1216 New roles for families in child welfare: Strategies for expanding family involvement beyond the case level
by Williamson, Erin & Gray, Aracelis
- 1217-1223 The situated self and the negotiation of a "bad" identity in therapeutic foster care
by S. McKinney, Jason
- 1224-1233 "Try to make it seem like we're regular kids": Youth perceptions of restrictiveness in out-of-home care
by Rauktis, Mary E. & Fusco, Rachael A. & Cahalane, Helen & Bennett, Ivory Kierston & Reinhart, Shauna M.
- 1234-1244 Racial/ethnic disparity in child welfare systems: A longitudinal study utilizing the Disparity Index (DI)
by Kim, Hansung & Chenot, David & Ji, Juye
- 1245-1253 Foster children placed with or separated from siblings: Outcomes based on a national sample
by Hegar, Rebecca L. & Rosenthal, James A.
- 1254-1261 Using Parent-Child Interaction Therapy to develop a pre-parent education module
by Lee, Ember L. & Wilsie, Carisa C. & Brestan-Knight, Elizabeth
- 1262-1269 Examining the trajectories of children providing care for adults in rural Kenya: Implications for service delivery
by Skovdal, Morten
- 1270-1279 Use of a parent management training intervention with urban foster parents: A pilot study
by Leathers, Sonya J. & Spielfogel, Jill E. & McMeel, Lorri S. & Atkins, Marc S.
- 1280-1287 Are economic trends associated with child maltreatment? Preliminary results from the recent recession using state level data
by Millett, Lina & Lanier, Paul & Drake, Brett
- 1288-1297 Adult visitation and permanency for children following residential treatment
by Lee, Linda J.
- 1298-1308 Center-based childcare use by Hispanic families: Reasons and predictors
by Yesil-Dagli, Ummuhan
- 1309-1317 Predictors of late adolescent delinquency: The protective role of after-school activities in low-income families
by Mahatmya, Duhita & Lohman, Brenda
- 1318-1324 Using portable computers in home visits: Effects on programs, data quality, home visitors and caregivers
by O'Connor, Cailin & Laszewski, Audrey & Hammel, Jennifer & Durkin, Maureen S.
- 1325-1331 Design of a language stimulation program for children suffering abuse
by Manso, Juan Manuel Moreno & García-Baamonde, Mª. Elena & Alonso, Macarena Blázquez
June 2011, Volume 33, Issue 6
- 791-797 The outcome of Solution-Focused Brief Therapy among foster care adolescents: The changes of behavior and perceived somatic and cognitive difficulties
by Cepukiene, Viktorija & Pakrosnis, Rytis
- 798-803 Moving toward being analytical: A framework to evaluate the impact of influential factors on interagency collaboration
by Tseng, Shu hsien & Liu, Kae & Wang, Wen-Ling
- 804-809 Availability of treatment to youth offenders: Comparison of public versus private programs from a national census
by Yazzie, Rebecca A.
- 810-819 Person centered planning in a transition program for Bronx youth with disabilities
by Croke, Erin E. & Thompson, Ashleigh B.
- 820-828 Patterns and correlates of involuntary unemployment and underemployment in single-mother families
by Wu, Chi-Fang & Eamon, Mary Keegan
- 829-837 School connectedness in community and residential treatment schools: The influence of gender, grades, and engagement in treatment
by Nickerson, Amanda B. & Hopson, Laura M. & Steinke, Camela M.
- 838-845 Social skills training and parent education programs for aggressive preschoolers and their parents in South Korea
by Kim, Min-Jung & Doh, Hyun-Sim & Hong, Jun Sung & Choi, Mi-Kyung
- 846-854 Assets and liabilities, educational expectations, and children's college degree attainment
by Zhan, Min & Sherraden, Michael
- 855-860 Allegations of maltreatment and delinquency: Does risk of juvenile arrest vary substantiation status?
by Chiu, Yu-Ling & Ryan, Joseph P. & Herz, Denise C.
- 861-868 The social ecology of the Columbine High School shootings
by Hong, Jun Sung & Cho, Hyunkag & Allen-Meares, Paula & Espelage, Dorothy L.
- 869-877 Principals' perceptions of benefits and barriers to school-based suicide prevention programs
by Whitney, Stephen D. & Renner, Lynette M. & Pate, Christina M. & Jacobs, Katie A.
- 878-887 "Delinquent behaviour as a kind of body politics" against adult regulations -- Young people's discourses in Hong Kong
by Tam, Hau-lin
- 888-893 Theoretical adherence to family centered practice: Are strengths-based principles illustrated in families' descriptions of child welfare services?
by Lietz, Cynthia A.
- 894-900 The crucial role played by social outrage in efforts to reform child protective services
by Jagannathan, Radha & Camasso, Michael J.
- 901-909 Children in therapy: Learning from evaluation of university-based community counseling clinical services
by Tsai, Mei-Hsiang & Ray, Dee C.
- 910-917 Gentle iron will: Foster parents' perspectives
by Daniel, Ellice
- 918-926 Aggression and conduct disorder in former Soviet Union immigrant adolescents: The role of parenting style and ego identity
by Finzi-Dottan, Ricky & Bilu, Rinat & Golubchik, Pavel
- 927-935 Parental involvement in school: A test of Hoover-Dempsey and Sandler's model among Jewish and Arab parents in Israel
by Lavenda, Osnat
- 936-944 Child maltreatment dynamics among immigrant and U.S. born Latino children: Findings from the National Survey of Child and Adolescent Well-being (NSCAW)
by Dettlaff, Alan J. & Johnson, Michelle A.
- 945-954 The impacts of accessible child protection services on services, jobs, and families
by Cameron, Gary & Hazineh, Lirondel & Frensch, Karen & Freymond, Nancy & Preyde, Michèle & Gebotys, Bob & DeGeer, Ian & Quosai, Trudy Smit
- 955-962 How parents decide to participate and save in their children's asset-building accounts: Implications for practice, policy, and theory
by Wheeler-Brooks, Jennifer
- 963-968 The relationship between extracurricular activities and delinquency of adolescents in foster care
by Farineau, Heather M. & McWey, Lenore M.
- 969-979 Do parental assets matter for children's educational attainment?: Evidence from mediation tests
by Kim, Youngmi & Sherraden, Michael
- 980-990 The presence of IPV in foster care cases: Examining referrals for services, reunification goals, and system responsibility
by Renner, Lynette M.
- 991-998 The role of crisis in family crisis intervention: Do crisis experience and crisis change matter?
by Al, Channa M.W. & Stams, Geert Jan J.M. & van der Laan, Peter H. & Asscher, Jessica J.
- 999-1011 Predictors of foster care exits to permanency: A competing risks analysis of reunification, guardianship, and adoption
by Akin, Becci A.
- 1012-1023 Qualitative exploration of relationships with important non-parental adults in the lives of youth in foster care
by Ahrens, Kym R. & DuBois, David Lane & Garrison, Michelle & Spencer, Renee & Richardson, Laura P. & Lozano, Paula
- 1024-1030 Intergenerational families in child welfare: Assessing needs and estimating permanency
by Marshall, Jane Marie & Huang, Hui & Ryan, Joseph P.
- 1031-1038 Criteria for the selection of foster families and monitoring of placements.: Comparative study of the application of the Casey Foster Applicant Inventory-Applicant Version (CFAI-A)
by Delgado, Paulo & Pinto, Vânia S.
- 1039-1048 Why youth leave care: Understandings of adulthood and transition successes and challenges among youth aging out of child welfare
by Goodkind, Sara & Schelbe, Lisa A. & Shook, Jeffrey J.