Children and Youth Services Review
2008, Volume 30, Issue 12
- 1403-1416 Current status and evidence base of training for foster and treatment foster parents
by Dorsey, Shannon & Farmer, Elizabeth M.Z. & Barth, Richard P. & Greene, Kaylin M. & Reid, John & Landsverk, John
- 1417-1424 Children working in the streets of Colombian cities: Different pathways to the street lead to different populations
by Pinzón-Rondón, Angela M. & Hofferth, Sandra & Briceño, Leonardo
- 1425-1436 Outcomes in residential treatment for youth: The role of early engagement
by Smith, Brenda D. & Duffee, David E. & Steinke, Camela M. & Huang, Yufan & Larkin, Heather
- 1437-1446 Young mothers and babies wellness program
by Love, Susan M. & Suarez, Ana M. & Love, Marianne E.
- 1447-1457 The first-three years of parenting: Evidence from the Fragile Families and Child Well-Being Study
by Huang, Chien-Chung & Lee, Inseon
- 1458-1464 Strengthening the integration of actuarial risk assessment with clinical judgment in an evidence based practice framework
by Schwalbe, Craig S.
2008, Volume 30, Issue 11
- 1221-1232 Variability in the implementation of Team Decisionmaking (TDM): Scope and compliance with the Family to Family practice model
by Crea, Thomas M. & Crampton, David S. & Abramson-Madden, Anne & Usher, Charles L.
- 1233-1245 'A load too heavy': Critical reflections on the child labor problem in Africa's small-scale mining sector
by Hilson, Gavin
- 1246-1255 Youth perceptions of neighborhood hassles and resources: A mixed method analysis
by Anthony, Elizabeth K. & Nicotera, Nicole
- 1256-1266 Former foster youth remember multiple placement moves: A journey of loss and hope
by Unrau, Yvonne A. & Seita, John R. & Putney, Kristin S.
- 1267-1278 A cost-benefit analysis of transitional services for emancipating foster youth
by Packard, Thomas & Delgado, Melanie & Fellmeth, Robert & McCready, Karen
- 1279-1288 The policy context of leaving care services: A case study of Northern Ireland
by Collins, Mary Elizabeth & Pinkerton, John
- 1289-1298 Disposable lives
by Snow, Kim
- 1299-1317 Evidence-based or biased? The quality of published reviews of evidence-based practices
by Littell, Julia H.
- 1318-1327 Predictors of children in foster care being adopted: A classification tree analysis
by Snowden, Jessica & Leon, Scott & Sieracki, Jeffrey
- 1328-1335 Parental attitudes towards education: What matters for children's well-being?
by Yang, Sonam & Shin, Chang Sik
- 1336-1344 Placement preferences among children living in foster or kinship care: A cluster analysis
by Merritt, Darcey H.
2008, Volume 30, Issue 10
- 1101-1110 Psychopathic personality features and risks for criminal justice system involvement among emancipating foster youth
by Vaughn, Michael G. & Litschge, Christine & DeLisi, Matt & Beaver, Kevin M. & McMillen, Curtis J.
- 1111-1118 Prioritizing cultural competence in the implementation of an evidence-based practice model
by Bridge, Tana J. & Massie, Enos Greer & Mills, Crystal S.
- 1119-1130 Children of incarcerated parents: Challenges and resiliency, in their own words
by Nesmith, Ande & Ruhland, Ebony
- 1131-1143 Maltreated children's emotional availability with kin and non-kin foster mothers: A sociobiological perspective
by Lawler, Michael J.
- 1144-1158 Adolescents of New York City immigrant families
by Han, Wen-Jui
- 1159-1177 Reclaiming lost opportunities: Applying public health models in juvenile justice
by Myers, Diane M. & Farrell, Anne F.
- 1178-1188 "She holds my hand" The experiences of foster youth with their natural mentors
by Greeson, Johanna K.P. & Bowen, Natasha K.
- 1189-1197 Differences among battered mothers in their involvement with child protection services: Could the perpetrator's biological relationship to the child have an impact?
by Lee, Hee Yun & Lightfoot, Elizabeth & Edleson, Jeffrey L.
- 1198-1210 "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger": Survivalist self-reliance as resilience and risk among young adults aging out of foster care
by Samuels, Gina Miranda & Pryce, Julia M.
- 1211-1219 Educational attainment and cognitive competence in adopted men -- A study of international and national adoptees, siblings and a general Swedish population
by Dalen, Monica & Hjern, Anders & Lindblad, Frank & Odenstad, Anna & Ramussen, Finn & Vinnerljung, Bo
2008, Volume 30, Issue 9
- 979-994 The academic status of children and youth in out-of-home care: A review of the literature
by Trout, Alexandra L. & Hagaman, Jessica & Casey, Kathryn & Reid, Robert & Epstein, Michael H.
- 995-1008 Retention of front-line staff in child welfare: A systematic review of research
by DePanfilis, Diane & Zlotnik, Joan Levy
- 1009-1021 Where the homeless children and youth come from: A study of the residential origins of the homeless in Miami-Dade County, Florida
by Rukmana, Deden
- 1022-1036 Family types and social integration in kinship foster care
by Holtan, Amy
- 1037-1054 Who are the eligible non-recipients of child care subsidies?
by Herbst, Chris M.
- 1055-1062 Crime can be prevented if schools teach juvenile offenders to read
by Vacca, James S.
- 1063-1080 A comprehensive model for child welfare training evaluation
by Antle, Becky F. & Barbee, Anita P. & van Zyl, Michiel A.
- 1081-1087 Breaking the cycle of academic failure for foster children -- What can the schools do to help?
by Vacca, James S.
- 1088-1099 Juvenile delinquency in child welfare: Investigating group home effects
by Ryan, Joseph P. & Marshall, Jane Marie & Herz, Denise & Hernandez, Pedro M.
2008, Volume 30, Issue 8
- 847-860 The psychosocial functioning and family background of children experiencing significant placement instability in Australian out-of-home care
by Osborn, Alexandra L. & Delfabbro, Paul & Barber, James G.
- 861-878 Parenting services for mothers involved with child protective services: Do they change maternal parenting and spanking behaviors with young children?
by Casanueva, Cecilia & Martin, Sandra L. & Runyan, Desmond K. & Barth, Richard P. & Bradley, Robert H.
- 879-892 Measuring parenting among foster families: The development of the Foster Parent Attitudes Questionnaire (FPAQ)
by Harden, Brenda Jones & D'Amour Meisch, Allison & Vick, Jessica E. & Pandohie-Johnson, Lisa
- 893-902 Representations of fathers and mothers in court petitions for dependent minor status for children at risk
by Davidson-Arad, Bilha & Peled, Einat & Leichtentritt, Ronit
- 903-913 Implementation and effects of a service coordination program for youths and their families in complex situations: A mixed evaluation design
by Dagenais, Christian & Nault-Brière, Frédéric & Dupont, Didier & Dutil, Julie
- 914-927 Onset of juvenile court involvement: Exploring gender-specific associations with maltreatment and poverty
by Bright, Charlotte Lyn & Jonson-Reid, Melissa
- 928-941 Understanding practice principles and service delivery: The implementation of a community-based family support program
by Manalo, Victor
- 942-954 The impact of foster care and Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) on women's drug treatment outcomes
by Lewandowski, Cathleen A. & Hill, Twyla J.
- 955-966 African American and white child welfare workers' attitudes towards policies involving race and sexual orientation
by Jayaratne, Srinika & Faller, Kathleen Coulborn & Ortega, Robert M. & Vandervort, Frank
- 967-977 Parents' experiences in seeking child care for school age children with disabilities--Where does the system break down?
by Jinnah, Hamida Amirali & Stoneman, Zolinda
2008, Volume 30, Issue 7
- 699-704 Perception of risk among child protection workers
by Sullivan, Catherine & Whitehead, Paul C. & Leschied, Alan W. & Chiodo, Debbie & Hurley, Dermot
- 705-716 Connecting father absence and mother blame in child welfare policies and practice
by Strega, Susan & Fleet, Claire & Brown, Leslie & Dominelli, Lena & Callahan, Marilyn & Walmsley, Christopher
- 717-726 A pedagogical response to a changing world: Towards a globally-informed pedagogy for child and youth care education and practice
by Bellefeuille, Gerard & McGrath, Jenny & Jamieson, Donna
- 727-734 How to open and sustain a drop-in center for homeless youth
by Slesnick, Natasha & Glassman, Michael & Garren, Rikki & Toviessi, Paula & Bantchevska, Denitza & Dashora, Pushpanjali
- 735-745 Older youth leaving the foster care system: Who, what, when, where, and why?
by McCoy, Henrika & McMillen, J. Curtis & Spitznagel, Edward L.
- 746-757 Comparing outcomes for youth in treatment foster care and family-style group care
by Lee, Bethany R. & Thompson, Ron
- 758-773 Need or availability? Modeling aftercare decisions for psychiatrically hospitalized adolescents
by Fontanella, Cynthia A. & Early, Theresa J. & Phillips, Gary
- 774-786 The well-being of children in foster care: Exploring physical and mental health needs
by Sullivan, Dana J. & van Zyl, Michiel A.
- 787-799 An examination of the reasons for child removal in Clark County, Nevada
by Pelton, Leroy H.
- 800-808 Individual and provider effects on mental health outcomes in child welfare: A three level growth curve approach
by Sieracki, Jeffrey H. & Leon, Scott C. & Miller, Steven A. & Lyons, John S.
- 809-820 Privatization of child welfare services: Lessons learned from experienced states regarding site readiness assessment and planning
by Flaherty, Chris & Collins-Camargo, Crystal & Lee, Elizabeth
- 821-833 Exploring alternatives for improving child support application filing rates within the context of civil protection order cases
by Yearwood, Douglas L. & Dowd, Keith & Starsoneck, Leslie
- 834-846 Youth volunteering for youth: Who are they serving? How are they being served?
by Haski-Leventhal, Debbie & Ronel, Natti & York, Alan S. & Ben-David, Boaz M.
2008, Volume 30, Issue 6
- 613-615 Recent Trends in Intimate Violence: Theory and Intervention Volume II Zvi Eisikovits, Peggy Grauwiler, Linda G. Mills, Zeev Winstok (Israel, United States)
by Eisikovits, Zvi & Grauwiler, Peggy & Mills, Linda G. & Winstok, Zeev
- 616-630 Doing treatment: Batterers' experience of intervention
by Buchbinder, Eli & Eisikovits, Zvi
- 631-638 Shame and intimate abuse: The critical missing link between cause and cure
by Mills, Linda G.
- 639-646 The legal consequences of intimate partner violence for men and women
by Felson, Richard B.
- 647-653 Resistance to evaluation in batterers' programs in Israel
by Enosh, Guy
- 654-664 Adolescent males' coping responses to domestic violence: A qualitative study
by Aymer, Samuel R.
- 665-673 Child sexual abuse: A critical review of intervention and treatment modalities
by Lev-Wiesel, Rachel
- 674-688 Bridging the divide between child welfare and domestic violence services: Deconstructing the change process
by Moles, Kerry
- 689-698 From evolving discourses to new practice approaches in domestic violence and child protective services
by Friend, Colleen & Shlonsky, Aron & Lambert, Liz
2008, Volume 30, Issue 5
- 485-492 Foster children need more help after they reach the age of eighteen
by Vacca, James S.
- 493-501 The costs of a public health infrastructure for delivering parenting and family support
by Foster, E. Michael & Prinz, Ronald J. & Sanders, Matthew R. & Shapiro, Cheri J.
- 502-521 Measuring children's exposure to domestic violence: The development and testing of the Child Exposure to Domestic Violence (CEDV) Scale
by Edleson, Jeffrey L. & Shin, Narae & Johnson Armendariz, Katy K.
- 522-535 Transition services for incarcerated youth: A mixed methods evaluation study
by Abrams, Laura S. & Shannon, Sarah K.S. & Sangalang, Cindy
- 536-545 Centralized assessment of early developmental delays in children in foster care: A program that works
by Bruhn, Christina M. & Duval, Denise & Louderman, Richard
- 546-563 Legal ethics and high child welfare worker turnover: An unexplored connection
by Vandervort, Frank E. & Pott Gonzalez, Robbin & Coulborn Faller, Katlheen
- 564-574 Child welfare practice and policy related to the impact of children experiencing physical victimization and domestic violence
by Chiodo, Debbie & Leschied, Alan W. & Whitehead, Paul C. & Hurley, Dermot
- 575-584 Chinese policy reaction to the problem of street children: An analysis from the perspective of street children
by Lam, Debbie & Cheng, Fucai
- 585-596 A preliminary study of the cognitive and motor skills acquisition of young international adoptees
by Wilson, Samantha L. & Weaver, Terri L. & Cradock, Mary Michaeleen & Kuebli, Janet E.
- 597-612 Once the door closes: Understanding the parent-provider relationship
by Riley, Shireen & Brady, Anne E. & Goldberg, Jessica & Jacobs, Francine & Easterbrooks, M. Ann
2008, Volume 30, Issue 4
- 353-364 Reentry of elementary aged children following reunification from foster care
by Barth, Richard P. & Weigensberg, Elizabeth C. & Fisher, Philip A. & Fetrow, Becky & Green, Rebecca L.
- 365-387 First-year maternal employment and child outcomes: Differences across racial and ethnic groups
by Berger, Lawrence & Brooks-Gunn, Jeanne & Paxson, Christina & Waldfogel, Jane
- 388-406 Market-based disparities in foster care outcomes
by Meezan, William & McBeath, Bowen
- 407-417 Examining African American fathers' involvement in permanency planning: An effort to reduce racial disproportionality in the child welfare system
by Coakley, Tanya M.
- 418-426 Extracurricular activities in school, do they matter?
by Shulruf, Boaz & Tumen, Sarah & Tolley, Hilary
- 427-436 Service profile of youths with schizophrenia-spectrum diagnoses
by Schiffman, Jason & Chorpita, Bruce F. & Daleiden, Eric L. & Maeda, Justin A. & Nakamura, Brad J.
- 437-451 The story behind kinship care caseload dynamics: An analysis of AFCARS data, 2000-2003
by Vericker, Tracy & Macomber, Jennifer & Geen, Robert
- 452-465 Crisis nursery outcomes for caregivers served at multiple sites in Illinois
by Cole, Susan A. & Hernandez, Pedro M.
- 466-484 "It's not my fault": Acceptance of responsibility as a component of engagement in juvenile residential treatment
by Englebrecht, Christine & Peterson, Dana & Scherer, Aaron & Naccarato, Toni
2008, Volume 30, Issue 3
- 249-251 Recent trends in intimate violence: Theory and intervention
by Eisikovits, Zvi & Grauwiler, Peggy & Mills, Linda G. & Winstok, Zeev
- 252-275 Dominance and symmetry in partner violence by male and female university students in 32 nations
by Straus, Murray A.
- 276-286 Intimate partner violence: Persistence of myths and implications for intervention
by Ehrensaft, Miriam K.
- 287-296 Motives and control in escalatory conflicts in intimate relationships
by Winstok, Zeev & Eisikovits, Zvi
- 297-310 Conflict escalation to violence and escalation of violent conflicts
by Winstok, Zeev
- 311-322 Voices of women: Perspectives on decision-making and the management of partner violence
by Grauwiler, Peggy
- 323-337 Will she be safe? A critical analysis of risk assessment in domestic violence cases
by Hoyle, Carolyn
- 338-351 Violence in intimate relationships: A conceptual and empirical examination of sexual and physical aggression
by White, Jacquelyn W. & McMullin, Darcy & Swartout, Kevin & Sechrist, Stacy & Gollehon, Ashlyn
2008, Volume 30, Issue 2
- 123-140 Under one roof: A review and selective meta-analysis on the outcomes of residential child and youth care
by Knorth, Erik J. & Harder, Annemiek T. & Zandberg, Tjalling & Kendrick, Andrew J.
- 141-156 Who are these parents involved in child neglect A differential analysis by parent gender and family structure
by Dufour, Sarah & Lavergne, Chantal & Larrivee, Marie-Claude & Trocme, Nico
- 157-172 Differences in patterns of maternal arrest and the parent, family, and child problems encountered in working with families
by Phillips, Susan D. & Erkanli, Alaattin
- 173-186 Consumer satisfaction with CASAs (Court Appointed Special Advocates)
by Litzelfelner, Pat
- 187-198 Collaboration between mental health and child protection services: Professionals' perceptions of best practice
by Darlington, Yvonne & Feeney, Judith A.
- 199-215 Decision points in child welfare: An action research model to address disproportionality
by Harris, Marian S. & Hackett, Wanda
- 216-228 Behavioral problems following reunification of children in long-term foster care
by Bellamy, Jennifer L.
- 229-248 Emotional, behavioral and social problems among Israeli children in residential care: A multi-level analysis
by Attar-Schwartz, Shalhevet
2008, Volume 30, Issue 1
- 1-25 Retrospective and concurrent predictors of the mental health of children in care
by Tarren-Sweeney, Michael
- 26-44 Severity, timing, and duration of welfare sanctions and the economic well-being of TANF families with children
by Wu, Chi-Fang
- 45-61 Participants' perceptions of healthy families: A home visitation program to prevent child abuse and neglect
by Krysik, Judy & LeCroy, Craig Winston & Ashford, Jose B.
- 62-78 Asset holding and net worth among households with children: Differences by household type
by Grinstein-Weiss, Michal & Hun Yeo, Yeong & Zhan, Min & Charles, Pajarita
- 79-89 Changes in parenting attitudes and knowledge among inmates and other at-risk populations after a family nurturing program
by Palusci, Vincent J. & Crum, Pat & Bliss, Rosalynn & Bavolek, Stephen J.
- 90-106 Maintaining sibling relationships for children in foster and adoptive placements
by James, Sigrid & Monn, Amy R. & Palinkas, Lawrence A. & Leslie, Laurel K.
- 107-121 The role of workers' attitudes and parent and child wishes in child protection workers' assessments and recommendation regarding removal and reunification
by Arad-Davidzon, Bilhah & Benbenishty, Rami
2007, Volume 29, Issue 12
- 1469-1486 Do good intentions beget good policy? A review of child protection policies to address intimate partner violence
by Nixon, Kendra L. & Tutty, Leslie M. & Weaver-Dunlop, Gillian & Walsh, Christine A.
- 1487-1502 Training as a factor in policy implementation: Lessons from a National Evaluation of Child Welfare Training
by Collins, Mary Elizabeth & Amodeo, Maryann & Clay, Cassandra
- 1503-1519 Substance-exposed newborns: Hospital and child protection responses
by Drescher Burke, Krista
- 1520-1536 Beginning street life: Factors contributing to children working and living on the streets of Khartoum, Sudan
by Plummer, Mary L. & Kudrati, Mustafa & Dafalla El Hag Yousif, Nassrin
2007, Volume 29, Issue 11
- 1395-1410 Co-occurring problems for substance abusing mothers in child welfare: Matching services to improve family reunification
by Choi, Sam & Ryan, Joseph P.
- 1411-1425 State-designated special needs, post-adoption support, and state fiscal stress
by Hansen, Mary Eschelbach
- 1426-1438 The social ecology of acculturation: Implications for child welfare services to children of immigrants
by Johnson, Michelle A.
- 1439-1453 Grandparents' and social workers' experiences with the child welfare system: A case for mutual resources
by Gladstone, James W. & Brown, Ralph A.
- 1454-1468 Differential response: A critical examination of a secondary prevention model
by Conley, Amy
2007, Volume 29, Issue 10
- 1269-1285 Special needs adoption from China: Exploring child-level indicators, adoptive family characteristics, and correlates of behavioral adjustment
by Tan, Tony Xing & Marfo, Kofi & Dedrick, Robert F.
- 1286-1300 Civic engagement or token participation? Perceived impact of the citizen review panel initiative
by Bryan, Valerie & Jones, Blake & Allen, Erin & Collins-Camargo, Crystal
- 1301-1319 Can system integration improve mental health outcomes for children and youth?
by Foster, E. Michael & Stephens, Robert & Krivelyova, Anna & Gamfi, Phyllis
- 1320-1334 Foster children with an incarcerated parent: Predictors of reunification
by Hayward, R. Anna & DePanfilis, Diane
- 1335-1351 Structured decision making in juvenile justice: Judges' and probation officers' perceptions and use
by Shook, Jeffrey J. & Sarri, Rosemary C.
- 1352-1367 Factors associated with exiting and reentry into out-of-home care under Community-Based Care in Florida
by Yampolskaya, Svetlana & Armstrong, Mary I. & Vargo, Amy C.
- 1368-1394 Supporting children and responding to their families: Capturing the evidence on family support
by Fernandez, Elizabeth
2007, Volume 29, Issue 9
- 1131-1141 Adolescents adjusting to a group home environment: A residential care model of re-organizing attachment behavior and building resiliency
by Hawkins-Rodgers, Yolanda
- 1142-1157 Child support and parental conflict in low-income families
by Hutson, Royce A.
- 1158-1178 Resilience of youth in transition from out-of-home care to adulthood
by Daining, Clara & DePanfilis, Diane
- 1179-1188 A procedure for assessing parents' capacity for change in child protection cases
by Harnett, Paul H.
- 1189-1200 Client feedback in child welfare programs: Current trends and future directions
by Baker, Amy J.L.
- 1201-1219 "Caught" versus "Taught": Ethnic identity and the ethnic socialization experiences of African American adolescents in kinship and non-kinship foster placements
by Schwartz, Ann
- 1220-1234 Mental health needs of urban children
by Mennen, Ferol E. & Trickett, Penelope K.
- 1235-1248 Fostering children with disabilities: A concept map of parent needs
by Brown, Jason
- 1249-1266 Parental work schedules, family process, and early adolescents' risky behavior
by Han, Wen-Jui & Waldfogel, Jane
2007, Volume 29, Issue 8
- 973-987 The take-up of cash assistance among private kinship care families
by Sheran, Michelle & Swann, Christopher A.
- 988-1009 Changes in family functioning and child behavior following intensive in-home therapy
by Barth, Richard P. & Greeson, Johanna K.P. & Guo, Shenyang & Green, Rebecca L. & Hurley, Sarah & Sisson, Jocelyn
- 1010-1020 Foster parent perceptions of placement success
by Brown, Jason D. & Campbell, Melissa
- 1021-1034 An evaluation of recovery factors for foster care alumni with physical or psychiatric impairments: Predictors of psychological outcomes
by Anctil, Tina M. & McCubbin, Laurie D. & O'Brien, Kirk & Pecora, Peter
- 1035-1050 Maltreatment and delinquency: Investigating child welfare bias in juvenile justice processing
by Ryan, Joseph P. & Herz, Denise & Hernandez, Pedro M. & Marshall, Jane Marie
- 1051-1069 Medication assisted drug treatment and child well-being
by Lundgren, Lena M. & Fitzgerald, Therese & Young, Nancy & Amodeo, Maryann & Schilling, Robert F.
- 1070-1084 Adoption of children and the contribution of the Osu Children's Home in Ghana
by Akpalu, Delali A.
- 1085-1101 "Tomorrow is another problem": The experiences of youth in foster care during their transition into adulthood
by Geenen, Sarah & Powers, Laurie E.
- 1102-1113 Predictors of successful permanency planning and length of stay in foster care: The role of race, diagnosis and place of residence
by Becker, Marion A. & Jordan, Neil & Larsen, Rebecca
- 1114-1128 Children and youth at risk in Israel: Findings and recommendations to improve their well-being
by Schmid, Hillel
2007, Volume 29, Issue 7
- 823-839 Can cognitive-behavioral therapy increase self-esteem among depressed adolescents? A systematic review
by Taylor, Tatiana L. & Montgomery, Paul
- 840-855 Pathways Teen Mother Support Project: Longitudinal findings
by McDonell, James R. & Limber, Susan P. & Connor-Godbey, Jennifer
- 856-869 Abuse type and substantiation status varying by recurrence
by Bae, Hwa-Ok & Solomon, Phyllis L. & Gelles, Richard J.
- 870-882 Predisposition to seek mental health care among Black males transitioning from foster care
by Scott Jr., Lionel D. & Munson, Michelle R. & McMillen, J. Curtis & Snowden, Lonnie R.
- 883-899 Prevalence and predictors of emotional and behavioral problems reported by teachers among institutionally reared children and adolescents in Turkish orphanages compared with community controls
by Simsek, Zeynep & Erol, Nese & Oztop, Didem & Munir, Kerim
- 900-911 Markov forecasting methods for welfare caseloads
by Grogger, Jeffrey
- 912-932 Children in no-parent households: The continuity of arrangements and the composition of households
by Hynes, Kathryn & Dunifon, Rachel
- 933-940 Foster care placement among children who received inpatient psychiatric care
by Park, Jung Min & Solomon, Phyllis & Mandell, David S.
- 941-960 The unique impact of out-of-home placement and the mediating effects of child maltreatment and homelessness on early school success
by Fantuzzo, John & Perlman, Staci
- 961-971 Assessing child exposure to adult domestic violence
by Edleson, Jeffrey L. & Ellerton, Amanda L. & Seagren, Ellen A. & Kirchberg, Staci L. & Schmidt, Sarah O. & Ambrose, Amirthini T.
2007, Volume 29, Issue 6
- 693-697 How are children and families faring a decade after welfare reform? Evidence from five non-experimental panel studies
by Slack, Kristen Shook & Magnuson, Katherine A. & Berger, Lawrence M.
- 698-720 Family economic well-being following the 1996 welfare reform: Trend data from five non-experimental panel studies
by Slack, Kristen Shook & Magnuson, Katherine A. & Berger, Lawrence M. & Yoo, Joan & Coley, Rebekah Levine & Dunifon, Rachel & Dworsky, Amy & Kalil, Ariel & Knab, Jean & Lohman, Brenda J. & Osborne, Cynthia
- 721-741 Maternal functioning, time, and money: The world of work and welfare
by Coley, Rebekah Levine & Lohman, Brenda J. & Votruba-Drzal, Elizabeth & Pittman, Laura D. & Chase-Lansdale, P. Lindsay
- 742-761 Maternal work and welfare use and child well-being: Evidence from 6 years of data from the Women's Employment Study
by Kalil, Ariel & Dunifon, Rachel
- 762-781 Work, welfare, and young children's health and behavior in the Fragile Families and Child Wellbeing Study
by Osborne, Cynthia & Knab, Jean
- 782-801 Welfare, work, and health care access predictors of low-income children's physical health outcomes
by Slack, Kristen Shook & Holl, Jane L. & Yoo, Joan & Amsden, Laura B. & Collins, Emily & Bolger, Kerry
- 802-820 Child, parent, and family predictors of child welfare services involvement among TANF applicant families
by Dworsky, Amy & Courtney, Mark E. & Zinn, Andrew
2007, Volume 29, Issue 5
- 545-556 Multi-level influences on the practice of inter-agency collaboration in child welfare and substance abuse treatment
by Smith, Brenda D. & Mogro-Wilson, Cristina
- 557-571 Dating violence among emancipating foster youth
by Jonson-Reid, Melissa & Scott, Lionel Jr. & McMillen, J. Curtis & Edmond, Tonya
- 572-587 Barriers to employment among out-of-school youth
by Miller, Cynthia & Porter, Kristin E.
- 588-599 Length of service for foster parents: Using administrative data to understand retention
by Gibbs, Deborah & Wildfire, Judith
- 600-617 Burning "Centre Bolt": Experiences of sexually transmitted infections and health care seeking behaviour described by street boys in Urban Kenya
by Kaime-Atterhog, Wanjiku & Lindmark, Gunilla & Persson, Lars-Ake & Ahlberg, Beth Maina
- 618-636 Child welfare and the civic minimum
by Beem, Christopher
- 637-654 High-risk youth transitions to adulthood: A longitudinal view of youth leaving the residential education in Finland
by Jahnukainen, Markku
- 655-671 Self-perceptions of fulfilling the foster caregiver role: A preliminary analysis
by Cole, Susan A. & Eamon, Mary Keegan
- 672-691 The Assessment Checklist for Children -- ACC: A behavioral rating scale for children in foster, kinship and residential care
by Tarren-Sweeney, Michael
2007, Volume 29, Issue 4
- 405-427 Helping maltreated children to find their Ibasho: Japanese perspectives on supporting the well-being of children in state care
by Bamba, Sachiko & Haight, Wendy L.
- 428-441 Caregiving grandmothers with vs. without child welfare system involvement: Effects of expressed need, formal services, and informal social support on caregiver burden
by Goodman, Catherine Chase & Potts, Marilyn Kay & Pasztor, Eileen Mayers
- 442-459 Foster parents in Multidimensional Treatment Foster Care: How do they deal with implementing standardized treatment components?
by Kyhle Westermark, Pia & Hansson, Kjell & Vinnerljung, Bo
- 460-473 Does substance abuse treatment make a difference for child welfare case outcomes? A statewide longitudinal analysis
by Green, Beth L. & Rockhill, Anna & Furrer, Carrie
- 474-489 The quality of work life of child protective investigators: A comparison of two work environments
by Cohen, Burton J. & Kinnevy, Susan C. & Dichter, Melissa E.
- 490-500 Assessment of intimate partner violence by child welfare services
by Hazen, Andrea L. & Connelly, Cynthia D. & Edleson, Jeffrey L. & Kelleher, Kelly J. & Landverk, John A. & Coben, Jeffrey H. & Barth, Richard P. & McGeehan, Jennifer & Rolls, Jennifer A. & Nuszkowski, Melanie A.
- 501-517 Effects of WIC and Food Stamp Program participation on child outcomes
by Lee, Bong Joo & Mackey-Bilaver, Lucy
- 518-544 Service use after court involvement in a sample of serious adolescent offenders
by Mulvey, Edward P. & Schubert, Carol A. & Chung, He Len
2007, Volume 29, Issue 3
- 283-293 Smoke-free world for children's welfare: Perceptions of smoking in preadolescence
by Bak, Judit & Piko, Bettina
- 294-312 School-based children's saving accounts for college: The I Can Save program
by Sherraden, Margaret S. & Johnson, Lissa & Elliott III, William & Porterfield, Shirley & Rainford, William
- 313-328 Improving health services for foster youth: Multidisciplinary and multistakeholder perspectives and recommendations
by Schneiderman, Janet U. & Brooks, Devon & Facher, Barbara & Amis, Jennifer
- 329-347 Informal and formal supports and maternal child-rearing practices in at-risk and non at-risk psychosocial contexts
by Rodrigo, Maria Jose & Martin, Juan Carlos & Maiquez, Maria Luisa & Rodriguez, Guacimara
- 348-362 Research on the caretaking of children of incarcerated parents: Findings and their service delivery implications
by Hanlon, Thomas E. & Carswell, Steven B. & Rose, Marc
- 363-382 School performance trajectories after the advent of reported maltreatment
by Leiter, Jeffrey
- 383-404 Feasibility of a randomized controlled trial for evaluating the effectiveness of the Big Brothers Big Sisters community match program at the national level
by De Wit, David J. & Lipman, Ellen & Manzano-Munguia, Maria & Bisanz, Jeffrey & Graham, Kathryn & Offord, David R. & O'Neill, Elizabeth & Pepler, Deborah & Shaver, Karen
2007, Volume 29, Issue 2
- 139-161 Child maltreatment, out-of-home placement and academic vulnerability: A fifteen-year review of evidence and future directions
by Stone, Susan
- 162-179 An evaluation of post-adoption services
by Dhami, Mandeep K. & Mandel, David R. & Sothmann, Katy
- 180-192 Child protection in Stockholm: A local cohort study on childhood prevalence of investigations and service delivery
by Sundell, Knut & Vinnerljung, Bo & Andree Lofholm, Cecilia & Humlesjo, Eva
- 193-215 Maternal welfare and employment experiences and adolescent well-being: Do mothers' human capital characteristics matter?
by Coley, Rebekah Levine & Bachman, Heather J. & Votruba-Drzal, Elizabeth & Lohman, Brenda J. & Li-Grining, Christine P.
- 216-225 Relationship between type of placement and competencies and problem behavior of adolescents in long-term foster care
by Marinkovic, Jelena A. & Backovic, Dusan
- 226-246 Capturing caregiver data: An examination of kinship care custodial arrangements
by Strozier, Anne L. & Krisman, Kerry
- 247-263 Predicting the effectiveness of the Home-Start parenting support program
by Asscher, Jessica J. & Hermanns, Jo M.A & Dekovic, Maja & Reitz, Ellen
- 264-281 A qualitative study of 369 child welfare professionals' perspectives about factors contributing to employee retention and turnover
by Ellett, Alberta J. & Ellis, Jacquelyn I. & Westbrook, Tonya M. & Dews, Denise'
2007, Volume 29, Issue 1
- 1-15 A child's-eye view of parent methamphetamine abuse: Implications for helping foster families to succeed
by Haight, Wendy & Ostler, Teresa & Black, James & Sheridan, Kathryn & Kingery, Linda
- 16-34 Stories of working with homeless youth: On being "mind-boggling"
by Kidd, Sean A. & Miner, Susan & Walker, Diana & Davidson, Larry
- 35-52 Predictors of early childbearing: Evidence from the Chicago longitudinal study
by Mersky, Joshua P. & Reynolds, Arthur J.
- 53-76 Disruptions in foster care: A review and meta-analysis
by Oosterman, Mirjam & Schuengel, Carlo & Wim Slot, N. & Bullens, Ruud A.R. & Doreleijers, Theo A.H.
- 77-91 Institutionalizing the "Child Welfare" state: A study of the development of Alabama's child welfare system, 1887-1931
by Burson, Ike
- 92-109 Kinship foster parents' perceptions of factors that promote or inhibit successful fostering
by Coakley, Tanya M. & Cuddeback, Gary & Buehler, Cheryl & Cox, Mary Ellen