Contact information of Elsevier
Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Access and download statisticsTop item:
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:cysrev. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/childyouth .
2014, Volume 46, Issue C
- 47-54 A troubled group? Adolescents in a Canadian child welfare sample
by Fast, Elizabeth & Trocmé, Nico & Fallon, Barbara & Ma, Jennifer
- 55-63 Is participation in Head Start associated with less maternal spanking for boys and girls?
by Lee, RaeHyuck & Brooks-Gunn, Jeanne & Han, Wen-Jui & Waldfogel, Jane & Zhai, Fuhua
- 64-71 Do childhood experiences of neglect affect delinquency among child welfare involved-youth?
by Snyder, Susan M. & Merritt, Darcey H.
- 72-77 The social costs of child abuse in Japan
by Wada, Ichiro & Igarashi, Ataru
- 78-84 Experiences of youth who transition to adulthood out of care: Developing a theoretical framework
by Lee, Chris & Berrick, Jill Duerr
- 85-90 Relationship of risk assessment to placement characteristics in a statewide child welfare population
by Huang, Cindy Y. & Bory, Christopher T. & Caron, Colleen & Tebes, Jacob Kraemer & Connell, Christian M.
- 91-102 Child protection fathers' experiences of childhood, intimate partner violence and parenting
by Zanoni, Lee & Warburton, Wayne & Bussey, Kay & McMaugh, Anne
- 103-111 Justice, speed and thoroughness in child protection court proceedings: Messages from England
by Dickens, Jonathan & Beckett, Chris & Bailey, Sue
- 112-119 Juvenile offenders and experiences of neglect: The validity of the YLS/CMI with dual-status youth
by Onifade, Eyitayo & Barnes, Ashlee & Campbell, Christina & Anderson, Valerie & Petersen, Jodi & Davidson, William
- 120-127 Needs of foster parent resource workers
by Brown, Jason D. & Anderson, Landy & Rodgers, Julie
- 128-138 An ecological-systems inquiry into racial disproportionalities in out-of-school suspensions from youth, caregiver and educator perspectives
by Haight, Wendy & Gibson, Priscilla A. & Kayama, Misa & Marshall, Jane M. & Wilson, Robert
- 139-145 Differences in the early care and education needs of young children involved in child protection
by Kovan, Nikki & Mishra, Shweta & Susman-Stillman, Amy & Piescher, Kristine N. & LaLiberte, Traci
- 146-154 Application of the life course perspective in child welfare research
by White, Kevin R. & Wu, Qi
- 155-159 Maternal foster families provide more stable placements than paternal families
by Perry, Gretchen & Daly, Martin & Macfarlan, Shane
- 160-167 Youth-centred practice: Positive youth development practices and pathways to better outcomes for vulnerable youth
by Sanders, Jackie & Munford, Robyn
- 168-176 Factors influencing child care-related maternal work exits
by Liu, Meirong & Chen, Manrong & Anderson, Steven G.
- 177-185 Internalizing symptoms and safe sex intentions among adolescents in mental health treatment: Personal factors as mediators
by Joppa, Meredith C. & Rizzo, Christie J. & Brown, Larry K. & Hadley, Wendy & Dattadeen, Jodi-Ann & Donenberg, Geri & DiClemente, Ralph
- 186-194 More than two decades after adoption: Associations between infant attachment, early maternal sensitivity and the diurnal cortisol curve of adopted young adults
by van der Voort, Anja & Linting, Mariëlle & Juffer, Femmie & Schoenmaker, Christie & Bakermans-Kranenburg, Marian J. & van IJzendoorn, Marinus H.
- 195-202 Homeless youth's experiences with shelter and community care services: Differences between service types and the relationship to overall service quality
by Altena, Astrid M. & Beijersbergen, Mariëlle D. & Wolf, Judith R.L.M.
- 203-212 Outcomes of a coaching program for families with multiple problems in the Netherlands: A prospective study
by Tausendfreund, Tim & Knot-Dickscheit, Jana & Post, Wendy J. & Knorth, Erik J. & Grietens, Hans
- 213-219 The economic safety net for low-income families with children
by Slack, Kristen S. & Kim, Bomi & Yang, Mi-Youn & Berger, Lawrence M.
- 220-229 Hierarchies of child maltreatment types at different perceived severity levels in European Americans, Korean Americans, and Koreans
by Lee, Yoona & Malley-Morrison, Kathleen & Jang, Mikyung & Watson, Malcolm W.
- 230-237 Re-entry among former foster youth in early adulthood: Findings from illinois
by Havlicek, Judy & Peters, Clark M.
- 238-247 Evaluation of an existing parenting class within a women's state correctional facility and a parenting class modeled from Parent–Child Interaction Therapy
by Scudder, Ashley T. & McNeil, Cheryl B. & Chengappa, Karishma & Costello, Amanda H.
- 248-256 Male kinship caregivers: Do they differ from their female counterparts?
by Denby, Ramona W. & Brinson, Jesse A. & Cross, Chad L. & Bowmer, Allison
- 257-264 Risk of maltreatment recurrence after exiting substitute care: Impact of placement characteristics
by Hélie, Sonia & Poirier, Marie-Andrée & Turcotte, Daniel
- 265-275 The factors associated with child welfare professionals' application of relationship education
by Scarrow, Andrea & Futris, Ted G. & Fuhrman, Nicholas E.
- 276-284 Changes in treatment engagement of youths and families with complex needs
by Becker, Kimberly D. & Kiser, Laurel J. & Herr, Steven R. & Stapleton, Laura M. & Barksdale, Crystal L. & Buckingham, Sara
- 285-293 Implementation of an evidence-based intervention to reduce long-term foster care: Practitioner perceptions of key challenges and supports
by Akin, Becci A. & Mariscal, Susana E. & Bass, Linda & McArthur, Vickie Burgess & Bhattarai, Jackie & Bruns, Kimberly
- 294-299 The importance and benefits of youth participation in mental health settings from the perspective of the headspace Gosford Youth Alliance in Australia
by Coates, Dominiek & Howe, Deborah
- 300-314 Gender differences in the impact of weight status on academic performance: Evidence from adolescents in Taiwan
by Lu, Yu-Lung & Chou, Stephen Jui-Hsien & Lin, Eric S.
- 315-324 Child welfare and mental health: Facilitators of and barriers to connecting children and youths in out-of-home care with effective mental health treatment
by Kerns, Suzanne E.U. & Pullmann, Michael D. & Putnam, Barbara & Buher, Anne & Holland, Sarah & Berliner, Lucy & Silverman, Ellen & Payton, Lin & Fourre, LaRessa & Shogren, Dae & Trupin, Eric W.
2014, Volume 45, Issue C
- 9-17 Responding to adolescents living with HIV in Zambia: A social–ecological approach
by Mburu, Gitau & Ram, Mala & Oxenham, Danielle & Haamujompa, Choolwe & Iorpenda, Kate & Ferguson, Laura
- 18-27 If you build it, will they come? A qualitative investigation into community barriers to accessing paediatric HIV services in Kenya
by Schenk, Katie D. & Kiragu, Karusa & Murugi, Julie & Sarna, Avina
- 28-37 “Life is not a rehearsal, it's a performance”: An ethnographic enquiry into the subjectivities of children and adolescents living with antiretroviral treatment in northeastern Tanzania
by Mattes, Dominik
- 38-46 Spaces for talking: Communication patterns of children on antiretroviral therapy in Uganda
by Kajubi, Phoebe & Bagger, Stine & Katahoire, Anne R. & Kyaddondo, David & Whyte, Susan R.
- 47-54 “Without the grandparents, life is difficult”: Social hierarchy and therapeutic trajectories for children living with HIV in rural Northern Malawi
by Sikstrom, Laura
- 55-63 Hear our voices: A Photovoice project with children who are orphaned and living with HIV in a Ugandan group home
by Fournier, Bonnie & Bridge, Andrea & Pritchard Kennedy, Andrea & Alibhai, Arif & Konde-Lule, Joseph
- 64-73 Effects of HIV prevention messages on treatment-seeking and adherence for HIV-infected children in Maputo, Mozambique: A qualitative study
by Class, Deena M.
- 74-89 Developmental challenges in HIV infected children—An updated systematic review
by Sherr, Lorraine & Croome, Natasha & Parra Castaneda, Katherine & Bradshaw, Katie & Herrero Romero, Rocio
- 90-97 Child development in HIV-positive and HIV-affected children in South Africa and Malawi—What role for community organisations?
by Skeen, Sarah & Tomlinson, Mark & Macedo, Ana & Miltz, Ada & Croome, Natasha & Sherr, Lorraine
- 98-105 Improving HIV testing amongst adolescents through an integrated Youth Centre rewards program: Insights from South Africa
by Black, Samantha & Wallace, Melissa & Middelkoop, Keren & Robbertze, Dante & Bennie, Thola & Wood, Robin & Bekker, Linda-Gail
- 106-113 “I don't feel shy because I will be among others who are just like me…”: The role of support groups for children perinatally infected with HIV in Zimbabwe
by Mupambireyi, Zivai & Bernays, Sarah & Bwakura-Dangarembizi, Mutsa & Cowan, Frances M.
- 114-121 Preliminary results from Hlanganani (Coming Together): A structured support group for HIV-infected adolescents piloted in Cape Town, South Africa
by Snyder, Kate & Wallace, Melissa & Duby, Zoe & Aquino, Lisa D.H. & Stafford, Stephen & Hosek, Sybil & Futterman, Donna & Bekker, Linda-Gail
- 122-128 Addressing the sexual and reproductive health needs of young adolescents living with HIV in South Africa
by Vujovic, Marnie & Struthers, Helen & Meyersfeld, Saranne & Dlamini, Kgethi & Mabizela, Nhlanhla
- 129-136 “My story”—HIV positive adolescents tell their story through film
by Willis, N. & Frewin, L. & Miller, A. & Dziwa, C. & Mavhu, W. & Cowan, F.
- 137-142 Meeting the needs of adolescents living with HIV through home based care: Lessons learned from Tanzania
by Busza, Joanna & Besana, Giulia V.R. & Mapunda, Pasiens & Oliveras, Elizabeth
- 143-149 Disclosure of HIV status to HIV-infected children in a large African treatment center: Lessons learned in Botswana
by Lowenthal, Elizabeth D. & Jibril, Haruna B. & Sechele, Mmapula L. & Mathuba, Keofentse & Tshume, Ontibile & Anabwani, Gabriel M.
- 150-157 The development of HIV-related mental health and psychosocial services for children and adolescents in Zambia: The case for learning by doing
by Strasser, Susan & Gibbons, Sue
- 160-163 ‘Getting to Zero’: The policy role of social determinants of health as they relate to children and youth living with HIV in sub-Saharan Africa
by Belton, Sara & Skovdal, Morten
2014, Volume 44, Issue C
- 1-8 Factors impacting perceptions of organizational cultural competence in voluntary child welfare
by Zeitlin, Wendy
- 9-15 Examining maternal and paternal involvement as promotive factors of competence in African American children in informal kinship care
by Washington, Tyreasa & Cryer-Coupet, Qiana R. & Coakley, Tanya M. & Labban, Jeffery & Gleeson, James P. & Shears, Jeffery
- 16-19 Judicial case management in predicting length of stay in foster care
by Beal, Sarah J. & Wingrove, Twila & Weisz, Victoria
- 20-24 Investigating the impact of teenage mentors on pre-school children's development: A comparison using control groups
by Humphrey, Kirsty & Olivier, Alessandra
- 25-32 Parental school involvement as a moderator of the association between peer victimization and academic performance
by Fite, Paula J. & Cooley, John L. & Williford, Anne & Frazer, Andrew & DiPierro, Moneika
- 33-45 The location of placement and juvenile delinquency: Do neighborhoods matter in child welfare?
by Huang, Hui & Ryan, Joseph P.
- 46-55 Aggression in school and family contexts among youngsters with special needs: Qualitative and quantitative evidence from the TranSpace project
by Musil, Bojan & Tement, Sara & Vukman, Karin Bakracevic & Sostaric, Ajda
- 56-64 Understanding worker–parent engagement in child protection casework
by Gladstone, James & Dumbrill, Gary & Leslie, Bruce & Koster, Andrew & Young, Michelle & Ismaila, Afisi
- 65-71 Correlates of academic performance among school-age African American males in public housing
by Nebbitt, Von Eugene & Lombe, Margaret & Lavelle‐McKay, Cassandra & Sinha, Aakanksha
- 72-81 The disparate impact of alcohol, methamphetamine, and other drugs on family reunification
by Lloyd, Margaret H. & Akin, Becci A.
- 82-89 Public attitudes toward government responsibility for child care: The impact of individual characteristics and welfare regimes
by Guo, Jing & Gilbert, Neil
- 90-99 Racial variations in the link between domestic violence and children's behavioral outcomes
by Yoo, Jeong Ah
- 100-107 Subjective well-being and perceptions of safety among Jewish and Arab children in Israel
by Ben-Arieh, Asher & Shimon, Edna
- 108-113 Programmatic effects to modify sources of financial support among Hispanic teenage mothers
by Smith, Matthew Lee & Wilson, Kelly L.
- 114-119 Families in waiting: Adult stakeholder perceptions of family court
by Shdaimah, Corey & Summers, Alicia
- 120-125 Correlates of gang involvement and health-related factors among African American females with a detention history
by Voisin, Dexter R. & King, Kelly M. & Diclemente, Ralph J. & Carry, Monique
- 126-134 A multi-level analysis of school racial composition and ecological correlates of academic success
by Hopson, Laura M. & Lee, Eunju & Tang, Ning
- 135-144 Does policy matter? The effect of increasing child care subsidy policy generosity on program outcomes
by Weber, Roberta B. & Grobe, Deana & Davis, Elizabeth E.
- 145-151 Meeting the mental health needs of homeless students in schools: A Multi-Tiered System of Support framework
by Sulkowski, Michael L. & Michael, Kurt
- 152-162 Empowering children with safety-skills: An evaluation of the Kidpower Everyday Safety-Skills Program
by Brenick, Alaina & Shattuck, Julie & Donlan, Alice & Duh, Shinchieh & Zurbriggen, Eileen L.
- 163-170 Parenting While Incarcerated: Tailoring the Strengthening Families Program for use with jailed mothers
by Miller, Alison L. & Weston, Lauren E. & Perryman, Jamie & Horwitz, Talia & Franzen, Susan & Cochran, Shirley
- 171-180 The reasons why children work on the streets: A sample from Turkey
by Mert, Kader & Kadıoğlu, Hasibe
- 181-188 The organizational structure of child welfare: Staff are working hard, but it is hardly working
by Blome, Wendy Whiting & Steib, Sue D.
- 189-200 Nativity and immigration status among Latino families involved in the child welfare system: Characteristics, risk, and maltreatment
by Cardoso, Jodi Berger & Dettlaff, Alan J. & Finno-Velasquez, Megan & Scott, Jennifer & Faulkner, Monica
- 201-206 Permanency outcomes for toddlers in child welfare two years after a randomized trial of a parenting intervention
by Spieker, Susan J. & Oxford, Monica L. & Fleming, Charles B.
- 207-216 Mental health and associated risk factors of Dutch school aged foster children placed in long-term foster care
by Maaskant, Anne M. & van Rooij, Floor B. & Hermanns, Jo M.A.
- 217-224 Studying the playbook: Which pathways mediate relationships between sports team participation and health-risk behaviors among alternative high school students?
by Johnson, Karen E. & Bearinger, Linda H. & Eisenberg, Marla E. & Fulkerson, Jayne A. & Sieving, Renee E. & Lando-King, Elizabeth A.
- 225-232 Profiles of needs of children in out-of-home care in Singapore: School performance, behavioral and emotional needs as well as risk behaviors
by Liu, Denise & Tan, Michelle Yan Ling & Lim, Amber Yann-Yu & Chu, Chi Meng & Tan, Li Jen & Quah, Saw Han
- 233-242 Implementation of a workforce initiative to build trauma-informed child welfare practice and services: Findings from the Massachusetts Child Trauma Project
by Fraser, Jenifer Goldman & Griffin, Jessica L. & Barto, Beth L. & Lo, Charmaine & Wenz-Gross, Melodie & Spinazzola, Joseph & Bodian, Ruth A. & Nisenbaum, Jan M. & Bartlett, Jessica Dym
- 243-248 Improving youth mental health through family-based prevention in family homeless shelters
by Lynn, Cynthia J. & Acri, Mary C. & Goldstein, Leah & Bannon, William & Beharie, Nisha & McKay, Mary M.
- 249-255 If only I, they, we had done things differently: Young people talk about school difficulties and crime
by Moore, Tim & McArthur, Morag
- 256-264 Cumulative bullying victimization: An investigation of the dose–response relationship between victimization and the associated mental health outcomes, social supports, and school experiences of rural adolescents
by Evans, Caroline B.R. & Smokowski, Paul R. & Cotter, Katie L.
- 265-277 A systematic review of associations between perpetration of physically violent behaviors and property offenses, victimization and use of substances among homeless youth
by Heerde, Jessica A. & Hemphill, Sheryl A.
- 278-287 Family reunification for placed children in Québec, Canada: A longitudinal study
by Esposito, Tonino & Trocmé, Nico & Chabot, Martin & Collin-Vézina, Delphine & Shlonsky, Aron & Sinha, Vandna
- 288-298 Results from a randomized trial of the Healthy Families Oregon accredited statewide program: Early program impacts on parenting
by Green, Beth L. & Tarte, Jerod M. & Harrison, Paige M. & Nygren, Margaret & Sanders, Mary Beth
- 299-306 Family feedback in Child Welfare Services: A systematic review of measures
by Ayala-Nunes, Lara & Jiménez, Lucía & Hidalgo, Victoria & Jesus, Saul
- 307-316 Public assistance receipt among older youth exiting foster care
by Byrne, Thomas & Stephen, Metraux & Kim, Minseop & Culhane, Dennis P. & Moreno, Manuel & Toros, Halil & Stevens, Max
- 317-327 Complex inequality: A contextual parenting framework for Latino infants
by Rodriguez-JenKins, Jessica
- 328-333 Measuring adolescent resilience: An examination of the cross-ethnic validity of the RS-14
by Pritzker, Suzanne & Minter, Anthony
- 334-340 Emotional competences of adolescents in residential care: Analysis of emotional difficulties for intervention
by Oriol, Xavier & Sala-Roca, Josefina & Filella, Gemma
- 341-348 Students in distress: Unanticipated findings in a cyber bullying study
by Mishna, Faye & Schwan, Kaitlin J. & Lefebvre, Rachael & Bhole, Payal & Johnston, David
- 349-355 Exploring relationships among boys and men: A retrospective, qualitative study of a multi-year community-based group mentoring program
by Van Ryzin, Mark J.
- 356-362 Associations among the number of mental health problems, stigma, and seeking help from psychological services: A path analysis model among Chinese adolescents
by Chen, Haide & Fang, Xiaoyi & Liu, Chaoying & Hu, Wei & Lan, Jing & Deng, Linyuan
- 363-369 Pathways to crime and risk factors among Arab female adolescents in Israel
by Shechory-Bitton, Mally & Kamel, Donya
- 370-378 Post-permanency service needs, service utilization, and placement discontinuity for kinship versus non-kinship families
by Liao, Minli & White, Kevin R.
- 379-386 The persistent effect of race and the promise of alternatives to suspension in school discipline outcomes
by Anyon, Yolanda & Jenson, Jeffrey M. & Altschul, Inna & Farrar, Jordan & McQueen, Jeanette & Greer, Eldridge & Downing, Barbara & Simmons, John
- 387-392 Turning points and resilience of academically successful foster youth
by Hass, Michael & Allen, Quaylan & Amoah, Michelle
- 393-399 Institutional social climate and adjustment difficulties of adolescents in residential care: The mediating role of victimization by peers
by Pinchover, Shulamit & Attar-Schwartz, Shalhevet
- 400-406 Equity and fairness perceptions in the child welfare workforce
by Chenot, David & Boutakidis, Ioakim & Benton, Amy D.
- 407-416 Child maltreatment victims' attitudes about appearing in dependency and criminal courts
by Hobbs, Sue D. & Goodman, Gail S. & Block, Stephanie D. & Oran, Diane & Quas, Jodi A. & Park, Avery & Widaman, Keith F. & Baumrind, Nikki
- 417-421 Family economic strengthening and parenting stress among caregivers of AIDS-orphaned children: Results from a cluster randomized clinical trial in Uganda
by Nabunya, Proscovia & Ssewamala, Fred M. & Ilic, Vilma
- 422-430 “In the name of the children”: Public policies for children in out-of-home care in Chile. Historical review, present situation and future challenges
by Garcia Quiroga, Manuela & Hamilton-Giachritsis, Catherine
2014, Volume 42, Issue C
- 1-9 Conduct problems in children. Characteristics of families recruited for a clinical outcome trial as compared to families in an implementation study
by Solholm, Roar & Ogden, Terje & Jakobsen, Reidar
- 10-19 The stability of child protection placements in Québec, Canada
by Esposito, Tonino & Trocmé, Nico & Chabot, Martin & Collin-Vézina, Delphine & Shlonsky, Aron & Sinha, Vandna
- 20-27 Individual and work group influences on turnover intention among public child welfare workers: The effects of work group psychological safety
by Kruzich, Jean M. & Mienko, Joseph A. & Courtney, Mark E.
- 28-33 Burnout among high school students: A literature review
by Walburg, Vera
- 34-42 Extended foster care support during the transition to adulthood: Effect on the risk of arrest
by Lee, JoAnn S. & Courtney, Mark E. & Tajima, Emiko
- 43-49 Foster children's behavior problems and impulsivity in the family and school context
by Bernedo, Isabel M. & Salas, María D. & Fuentes, María J. & García-Martín, Miguel Ángel
- 50-58 The challenge of relationships and fidelity: Home visitors' perspectives
by Barak, Adi & Spielberger, Julie & Gitlow, Elissa
- 59-66 Behavior problems and attachment in adopted and non-adopted adolescents
by Escobar, María Josefina & Pereira, Ximena & Santelices, María Pía
- 67-73 Provider perceptions of safety planning with children impacted by intimate partner violence
by Horton, Evette & Murray, Christine E. & Garr, Bethany & Notestine, Lori & Flasch, Paulina & Johnson, Catherine Higgins
- 74-81 The relationship between online activities, netiquette and cyberbullying
by Park, Sora & Na, Eun-Yeong & Kim, Eun-mee
- 82-90 Understanding racial disproportionality affecting African American Youth who cross over from the child welfare to the juvenile justice system: Communication, power, race and social class
by Marshall, Jane Marie & Haight, Wendy L.
- 91-102 From multiple program participation to disconnection: Changing trajectories of TANF and SNAP beneficiaries in Wisconsin
by Cancian, Maria & Han, Eunhee & Noyes, Jennifer L.
- 103-109 Influence of animal-assisted therapy (AAT) on the attachment representations of youth in residential care
by Balluerka, Nekane & Muela, Alexander & Amiano, Nora & Caldentey, Miquel A.
- 110-117 In search of connection: The foster youth and caregiver relationship
by Storer, Heather L. & Barkan, Susan E. & Stenhouse, Linnea L. & Eichenlaub, Caroline & Mallillin, Anastasia & Haggerty, Kevin P.
- 118-126 Hidden youth services: What Hong Kong can learn from Japan
by Chan, Gloria Hong-yee & Lo, T. Wing
- 127-135 The effect of Early Head Start on child welfare system involvement: A first look at longitudinal child maltreatment outcomes
by Green, Beth L. & Ayoub, Catherine & Bartlett, Jessica Dym & Von Ende, Adam & Furrer, Carrie & Chazan-Cohen, Rachel & Vallotton, Claire & Klevens, Joanne
- 136-146 A visual narrative research on photographs taken by children living on the street in the city of La Paz – Bolivia
by Velasco, Marcela Losantos & Berckmans, Isabel & O'Driscoll, Julia Villanueva & Loots, Gerrit
2014, Volume 41, Issue C
- 1-15 “So what am I?” — Multiple perspectives on young people's experience of leaving care
by Hiles, Dominic & Moss, Duncan & Thorne, Lisa & Wright, John & Dallos, Rudi
- 16-26 An evaluation of the effects of an integrated services program for multi-service use families on child welfare and educational outcomes of children
by Karatekin, Canan & Hong, Saahoon & Piescher, Kristine & Uecker, Jill & McDonald, Jeff
- 27-36 Online communication, social media and adolescent wellbeing: A systematic narrative review
by Best, Paul & Manktelow, Roger & Taylor, Brian
- 37-44 An examination of retention and length of employment among public child welfare workers
by Madden, Elissa E. & Scannapieco, Maria & Painter, Kirsten
- 45-52 Education liaisons work to improve educational outcomes of foster youth: A mixed methods case study
by Weinberg, Lois A. & Oshiro, Michael & Shea, Nancy
- 53-61 Adapting an evidence-based parenting program for child welfare involved teens and their caregivers
by Barkan, Susan E. & Salazar, Amy M. & Estep, Kara & Mattos, Leah M. & Eichenlaub, Caroline & Haggerty, Kevin P.
- 62-74 A study of maltreated children and their families in juvenile court: I. Court performance measures
by Karatekin, Canan & Gehrman, Richard & Lawler, Jamie
- 75-82 Family involvement in the youth mentoring process: A focus group study with program staff
by Spencer, Renée & Basualdo-Delmonico, Antoinette
- 83-94 Are all fathers in child protection families uncommitted, uninvolved and unable to change?
by Zanoni, Lee & Warburton, Wayne & Bussey, Kay & McMaugh, Anne
- 95-105 Neighborhood racial & ethnic diversity as a predictor of child welfare system involvement
by Klein, Sacha & Merritt, Darcey H.
2014, Volume 39, Issue C
- 1-10 Intervening to improve outcomes for siblings in foster care: Conceptual, substantive, and methodological dimensions of a prevention science framework
by McBeath, Bowen & Kothari, Brianne H. & Blakeslee, Jennifer & Lamson-Siu, Emilie & Bank, Lew & Linares, L. Oriana & Waid, Jeffrey & Sorenson, Paul & Jimenez, Jessica & Pearson, Eva & Shlonsky, Aron
- 11-19 Factors associated with the motivation to use psychoactive substances and the motivation to change in adolescents in an authoritarian context
by Orsi, Mylène Magrinelli & Brochu, Serge & Lafortune, Denis & Patenaude, Catherine
- 20-24 A multi-site study of the ACT Raising Safe Kids program: Predictors of outcomes and attrition
by Knox, Michele & Burkhart, Kimberly
- 25-38 Housing costs and child functioning: Processes through investments and financial strains
by Kull, Melissa A. & Coley, Rebekah Levine
- 39-47 The challenge and opportunity of parental involvement in juvenile justice services
by Burke, Jeffrey D. & Mulvey, Edward P. & Schubert, Carol A. & Garbin, Sara R.
- 48-56 Group care worker interventions and child problem behavior in residential youth care: Course and bidirectional associations
by Bastiaanssen, Inge L.W. & Delsing, Marc J.M.H. & Kroes, Gert & Engels, Rutger C.M.E. & Veerman, Jan W.
- 57-64 Supporting families: Outcomes of placement in voluntary out-of-home care for children and young people with disabilities and their families
by Crettenden, Angela & Wright, Annemarie & Beilby, Erin
- 65-72 Supervised contact visits: Results from a study of women in drug treatment with children in care
by Taplin, Stephanie & Mattick, Richard P.
- 73-83 Profiles of relational permanence at 22: Variability in parental supports and outcomes among young adults with foster care histories
by Cushing, Gretta & Samuels, Gina Miranda & Kerman, Ben
- 84-90 Speaking of self: “Winners” and “losers” in therapeutic foster care
by McKinney, Jason
- 91-100 Implementing the Crossover Youth Practice Model in diverse contexts: Child welfare and juvenile justice professionals' experiences of multisystem collaborations
by Haight, Wendy L. & Bidwell, Laurel N. & Marshall, Jane Marie & Khatiwoda, Parmananda
- 101-107 The impact of school connectedness and teacher support on depressive symptoms in adolescents: A multilevel analysis
by Joyce, Hilary D. & Early, Theresa J.
- 108-116 Boosting program integrity and effectiveness of the cognitive behavioral program EQUIP for incarcerated youth in The Netherlands
by Helmond, Petra & Overbeek, Geertjan & Brugman, Daniel
- 117-122 A comparison of service use among youth involved with juvenile justice and mental health
by Liebenberg, Linda & Ungar, Michael
- 123-134 Parentification in military families: Overlapping constructs and theoretical explorations in family, clinical, and military psychology
by Hooper, Lisa M. & Moore, Heather M. & Smith, Annie K.
- 135-143 The outcomes of foster care in South Korea ten years after its foundation: A comparison with institutional care
by Kang, Hyunah & Chung, Ick-Joong & Chun, JongSerl & Nho, Choong Rai & Woo, Seokjin
- 147-152 Exploration and adoption of evidence-based practice by US child welfare agencies
by Horwitz, Sarah McCue & Hurlburt, Michael S. & Goldhaber-Fiebert, Jeremy D. & Palinkas, Lawrence A. & Rolls-Reutz, Jennifer & Zhang, JinJin & Fisher, Emily & Landsverk, John
- 153-159 From practice to evidence in child welfare: Model specification and fidelity measurement of Team Decisionmaking
by Bearman, Sarah Kate & Garland, Ann F. & Schoenwald, Sonja K.
- 160-168 Interagency Collaborative Team model for capacity building to scale-up evidence-based practice
by Hurlburt, Michael & Aarons, Gregory A. & Fettes, Danielle & Willging, Cathleen & Gunderson, Lara & Chaffin, Mark J.
- 169-176 Cost calculator methods for estimating casework time in child welfare services: A promising approach for use in implementation of evidence-based practices and other service innovations
by Holmes, Lisa & Landsverk, John & Ward, Harriet & Rolls-Reutz, Jennifer & Saldana, Lisa & Wulczyn, Fred & Chamberlain, Patricia
- 177-182 The cost of implementing new strategies (COINS): A method for mapping implementation resources using the stages of implementation completion
by Saldana, Lisa & Chamberlain, Patricia & Bradford, W. David & Campbell, Mark & Landsverk, John
- 183-206 Explaining variations in state foster care maintenance rates and the implications for implementing new evidence-based programs
by Goldhaber-Fiebert, Jeremy D. & Babiarz, Kimberly S. & Garfield, Rachel L. & Wulczyn, Fred & Landsverk, John & Horwitz, Sarah M.
2014, Volume 38, Issue C
- 1-9 Kin as Teachers: An early childhood education and support intervention for kinship families
by Littlewood, Kerry A. & Strozier, Anne L. & Whittington, Danielle
- 10-19 Comprehensive residential education: A promising model for emerging adults in foster care
by Lawler, Michael J. & Sayfan, Liat & Goodman, Gail S. & Narr, Rachel & Cordon, Ingrid M.
- 20-28 Universal reporting laws and child maltreatment report rates in large U.S. counties
by Palusci, Vincent J. & Vandervort, Frank E.
- 29-35 Cross-community youth work in North Belfast: Funding and youth leader personal networks
by Smith, Stephanie S.
- 36-43 A mixed-methods study of the impact of organizational culture on workforce retention in child welfare
by Zeitlin, Wendy & Augsberger, Astraea & Auerbach, Charles & McGowan, Brenda
- 44-51 The effectiveness of EQUIP on sociomoral development and recidivism reduction: A meta-analytic study
by van Stam, M.A. & van der Schuur, W.A. & Tserkezis, S. & van Vugt, E.S. & Asscher, J.J. & Gibbs, J.C. & Stams, G.J.J.M.
- 52-57 Youth sport administrators' perceptions and knowledge of organizational policies on child maltreatment
by Noble, Jeff & Vermillion, Mark
- 58-65 Student perspectives on how trauma experiences manifest in the classroom: Engaging court-involved youth in the development of a trauma-informed teaching curriculum
by West, Shantel D. & Day, Angelique G. & Somers, Cheryl L. & Baroni, Beverly A.
- 66-74 Perspectives on children's experiences in families with parental substance misuse and child protection interventions
by O'Connor, Louise & Forrester, Donald & Holland, Sally & Williams, Annie
- 75-81 Towards a rights-based approach to youth programs: Duty-bearers' perspectives
by Blanchet-Cohen, Natasha & Bedeaux, Christophe
- 83-92 New directions for research on the organizational and institutional context of child welfare agencies: Introduction to the symposium on “The Organizational and Managerial Context of Private Child Welfare Agencies”
by McBeath, Bowen & Collins-Camargo, Crystal & Chuang, Emmeline & Wells, Rebecca & Bunger, Alicia C. & Jolles, Mónica Pérez
- 93-100 Trends in local public child welfare agencies 1999–2009
by Wells, Rebecca & Jolles, Mónica Pérez & Chuang, Emmeline & McBeath, Bowen & Collins-Camargo, Crystal
- 101-112 An empirical typology of private child and family serving agencies
by Chuang, Emmeline & Collins-Camargo, Crystal & McBeath, Bowen & Wells, Rebecca & Bunger, Alicia
- 113-122 Collaboration, competition, and co-opetition: Interorganizational dynamics between private child welfare agencies and child serving sectors
by Bunger, Alicia C. & Collins-Camargo, Crystal & McBeath, Bowen & Chuang, Emmeline & Pérez-Jolles, Monica & Wells, Rebecca
- 123-132 Organizational responsiveness to children and families: Findings from a national survey of nonprofit child welfare agencies
by McBeath, Bowen & Jolles, Mónica Pérez & Chuang, Emmeline & Bunger, Alicia C. & Collins-Camargo, Crystal
- 133-141 Private child welfare agency managers' perceptions of the effectiveness of different performance management strategies
by Collins-Camargo, Crystal & Chuang, Emmeline & McBeath, Bowen & Bunger, Alicia C.
- 142-149 Private child and family serving agencies: Implications of national survey results for policy and managerial practice
by Collins-Camargo, Crystal & Hollie, Mary & McBeath, Bowen
2014, Volume 37, Issue C
- 1-8 Smoothing the transition to adulthood: Creating ongoing supportive relationships among foster youth
by Nesmith, Ande & Christophersen, Kaitlin
- 9-14 Preventing the residential placement of young children: A multidisciplinary investigation of challenges and opportunities in a rural state
by Rishel, Carrie W. & Morris, Tracy L. & Colyer, Corey & Gurley-Calvez, Tami
- 15-27 African American disproportionality and disparity in child welfare: Toward a comprehensive conceptual framework
by Boyd, Reiko
- 28-35 Who's on board? Child welfare worker reports of buy-in and readiness for organizational change
by McCrae, Julie S. & Scannapieco, Maria & Leake, Robin & Potter, Cathryn C. & Menefee, David
- 36-45 What explains instability in foster care? Comparison of a matched sample of children with stable and unstable placements
by Koh, Eun & Rolock, Nancy & Cross, Theodore P. & Eblen-Manning, Jennifer
- 46-54 Effectiveness of a multi-faceted, school-based health intervention program with 4th graders in Alabama
by Zaremba Morgan, Ali & Ulrich, Pamela & Simmons, Karla P. & Gropper, Sareen S. & Connell, Lenda Jo & Daniels, Mary Katherine & Latham, Elizabeth & Keiley, Margaret K.
- 55-63 Diffusing responsibility: A case study of child sexual abuse in popular discourse
by Miller, Susan L. & Hefner, M. Kristen & Leon, Chrysanthi S.
- 64-70 Out of home placement to promote safety? The prevalence of physical abuse in residential and foster care
by Euser, Saskia & Alink, Lenneke R.A. & Tharner, Anne & van IJzendoorn, Marinus H. & Bakermans-Kranenburg, Marian J.
- 71-80 Maternal criminal justice involvement and co-occurring mental health and substance abuse problems: Examining moderation of sex and race on children's mental health
by Miller, Keva M.
2014, Volume 36, Issue C
- 1-14 The effect of welfare sanctions on TANF exits and employment
by Wu, Chi-Fang & Cancian, Maria & Wallace, Geoffrey
- 15-21 Policies to promote economic stability, asset building, and child development
by Lewis, Melinda & Cramer, Reid & Elliott, William & Sprague, Aleta
- 22-29 The impact of repeated maltreatment on behavioral trajectories from early childhood to early adolescence
by Li, Fenfang & Godinet, Meripa T.
- 32-41 Evaluating Services for Kinship Care Families: A Systematic Review
by Lin, Ching-Hsuan
- 42-52 Educational outcomes for adults formerly in foster care: The role of ethnicity
by Villegas, Susy & Rosenthal, James & O'Brien, Kirk & Pecora, Peter J.
- 53-61 Stability of post-treatment functioning after residential treatment: The perceptions of parents and adolescents
by Nijhof, Karin S. & Otten, Roy & Vermaes, Ignace P.R.
- 62-69 Results from a family finding experiment
by Landsman, Miriam J. & Boel-Studt, Shamra & Malone, Kelli
- 70-80 Foster parenting together: Assessing foster parent applicant couples
by Combs-Orme, Terri & Orme, John G.
- 81-89 Influencing factors on mothers' parenting style of young children at risk for developmental delay in South Korea: The mediating effects of parenting stress
by Nam, SungHee & Chun, JongSerl
- 90-100 Juvenile court pathways to legal permanence for children in substitute care
by Zinn, Andrew & Cusick, Gretchen
- 101-114 Is it that we are afraid to ask? A scoping review about sons and daughters of foster parents
by Serbinski, Sarah & Shlonsky, Aron
- 115-123 The needs and experiences of young people with a disability transitioning from out-of-home care: The views of practitioners in Victoria, Australia
by Mendes, Philip & Snow, Pamela
- 124-132 Foster parenting together: Foster parent couples
by Orme, John G. & Combs-Orme, Terri
- 133-140 Cyberbullying perpetration and victimization among adolescents in Hong Kong
by Wong, Dennis S.W. & Chan, Heng Choon (Oliver) & Cheng, Christopher H.K.
- 143-149 Motivation for foster care
by De Maeyer, Skrallan & Vanderfaeillie, Johan & Vanschoonlandt, Femke & Robberechts, Marijke & Van Holen, Frank
- 150-154 Environmental risk factors and custody status in children of substance abusers
by Kyzer, Angela & Conners-Burrow, Nicola A. & McKelvey, Lorraine
- 155-162 Implementing evidence-supported methods in residential care and special education: A process-model
by Soenen, Bram & D'Oosterlinck, Franky & Broekaert, Eric
- 163-169 Social and familial determinants of health: Mediating effects of caregiver mental and physical health on children's mental health
by Quinn, Adam & Briggs, Harold E. & Miller, Keva M. & Orellana, E. Roberto
- 170-178 From assessing needs to designing and evaluating programs: Case study of a family support program in Portugal
by Calheiros, Maria Manuela & Graça, João & Patrício, Joana Nunes
- 179-186 A cross-sectional examination of birth rates among adolescent girls in foster care
by King, Bryn & Putnam-Hornstein, Emily & Cederbaum, Julie A. & Needell, Barbara
- 187-194 Student and school factors associated with school suspension: A multilevel analysis of students in Victoria, Australia and Washington State, United States
by Hemphill, Sheryl A. & Plenty, Stephanie M. & Herrenkohl, Todd I. & Toumbourou, John W. & Catalano, Richard F.
- 195-200 Profile of children placed in out-of-home care: Association with permanency outcomes
by Yampolskaya, Svetlana & Sharrock, Patty & Armstrong, Mary I. & Strozier, Anne & Swanke, Jayme
- 201-205 Youth in out-of-home care: Relation of engagement in structured group activities with social and mental health measures
by Conn, Anne-Marie & Calais, Chante & Szilagyi, Moira & Baldwin, Constance & Jee, Sandra H.