Children and Youth Services Review
2008, Volume 30, Issue 6
- 654-664 Adolescent males' coping responses to domestic violence: A qualitative study
by Aymer, Samuel R.
- 665-673 Child sexual abuse: A critical review of intervention and treatment modalities
by Lev-Wiesel, Rachel
- 674-688 Bridging the divide between child welfare and domestic violence services: Deconstructing the change process
by Moles, Kerry
- 689-698 From evolving discourses to new practice approaches in domestic violence and child protective services
by Friend, Colleen & Shlonsky, Aron & Lambert, Liz
2008, Volume 30, Issue 5
- 485-492 Foster children need more help after they reach the age of eighteen
by Vacca, James S.
- 493-501 The costs of a public health infrastructure for delivering parenting and family support
by Foster, E. Michael & Prinz, Ronald J. & Sanders, Matthew R. & Shapiro, Cheri J.
- 502-521 Measuring children's exposure to domestic violence: The development and testing of the Child Exposure to Domestic Violence (CEDV) Scale
by Edleson, Jeffrey L. & Shin, Narae & Johnson Armendariz, Katy K.
- 522-535 Transition services for incarcerated youth: A mixed methods evaluation study
by Abrams, Laura S. & Shannon, Sarah K.S. & Sangalang, Cindy
- 536-545 Centralized assessment of early developmental delays in children in foster care: A program that works
by Bruhn, Christina M. & Duval, Denise & Louderman, Richard
- 546-563 Legal ethics and high child welfare worker turnover: An unexplored connection
by Vandervort, Frank E. & Pott Gonzalez, Robbin & Coulborn Faller, Katlheen
- 564-574 Child welfare practice and policy related to the impact of children experiencing physical victimization and domestic violence
by Chiodo, Debbie & Leschied, Alan W. & Whitehead, Paul C. & Hurley, Dermot
- 575-584 Chinese policy reaction to the problem of street children: An analysis from the perspective of street children
by Lam, Debbie & Cheng, Fucai
- 585-596 A preliminary study of the cognitive and motor skills acquisition of young international adoptees
by Wilson, Samantha L. & Weaver, Terri L. & Cradock, Mary Michaeleen & Kuebli, Janet E.
- 597-612 Once the door closes: Understanding the parent-provider relationship
by Riley, Shireen & Brady, Anne E. & Goldberg, Jessica & Jacobs, Francine & Easterbrooks, M. Ann
2008, Volume 30, Issue 4
- 353-364 Reentry of elementary aged children following reunification from foster care
by Barth, Richard P. & Weigensberg, Elizabeth C. & Fisher, Philip A. & Fetrow, Becky & Green, Rebecca L.
- 365-387 First-year maternal employment and child outcomes: Differences across racial and ethnic groups
by Berger, Lawrence & Brooks-Gunn, Jeanne & Paxson, Christina & Waldfogel, Jane
- 388-406 Market-based disparities in foster care outcomes
by Meezan, William & McBeath, Bowen
- 407-417 Examining African American fathers' involvement in permanency planning: An effort to reduce racial disproportionality in the child welfare system
by Coakley, Tanya M.
- 418-426 Extracurricular activities in school, do they matter?
by Shulruf, Boaz & Tumen, Sarah & Tolley, Hilary
- 427-436 Service profile of youths with schizophrenia-spectrum diagnoses
by Schiffman, Jason & Chorpita, Bruce F. & Daleiden, Eric L. & Maeda, Justin A. & Nakamura, Brad J.
- 437-451 The story behind kinship care caseload dynamics: An analysis of AFCARS data, 2000-2003
by Vericker, Tracy & Macomber, Jennifer & Geen, Robert
- 452-465 Crisis nursery outcomes for caregivers served at multiple sites in Illinois
by Cole, Susan A. & Hernandez, Pedro M.
- 466-484 "It's not my fault": Acceptance of responsibility as a component of engagement in juvenile residential treatment
by Englebrecht, Christine & Peterson, Dana & Scherer, Aaron & Naccarato, Toni
2008, Volume 30, Issue 3
- 249-251 Recent trends in intimate violence: Theory and intervention
by Eisikovits, Zvi & Grauwiler, Peggy & Mills, Linda G. & Winstok, Zeev
- 252-275 Dominance and symmetry in partner violence by male and female university students in 32 nations
by Straus, Murray A.
- 276-286 Intimate partner violence: Persistence of myths and implications for intervention
by Ehrensaft, Miriam K.
- 287-296 Motives and control in escalatory conflicts in intimate relationships
by Winstok, Zeev & Eisikovits, Zvi
- 297-310 Conflict escalation to violence and escalation of violent conflicts
by Winstok, Zeev
- 311-322 Voices of women: Perspectives on decision-making and the management of partner violence
by Grauwiler, Peggy
- 323-337 Will she be safe? A critical analysis of risk assessment in domestic violence cases
by Hoyle, Carolyn
- 338-351 Violence in intimate relationships: A conceptual and empirical examination of sexual and physical aggression
by White, Jacquelyn W. & McMullin, Darcy & Swartout, Kevin & Sechrist, Stacy & Gollehon, Ashlyn
2008, Volume 30, Issue 2
- 123-140 Under one roof: A review and selective meta-analysis on the outcomes of residential child and youth care
by Knorth, Erik J. & Harder, Annemiek T. & Zandberg, Tjalling & Kendrick, Andrew J.
- 141-156 Who are these parents involved in child neglect A differential analysis by parent gender and family structure
by Dufour, Sarah & Lavergne, Chantal & Larrivee, Marie-Claude & Trocme, Nico
- 157-172 Differences in patterns of maternal arrest and the parent, family, and child problems encountered in working with families
by Phillips, Susan D. & Erkanli, Alaattin
- 173-186 Consumer satisfaction with CASAs (Court Appointed Special Advocates)
by Litzelfelner, Pat
- 187-198 Collaboration between mental health and child protection services: Professionals' perceptions of best practice
by Darlington, Yvonne & Feeney, Judith A.
- 199-215 Decision points in child welfare: An action research model to address disproportionality
by Harris, Marian S. & Hackett, Wanda
- 216-228 Behavioral problems following reunification of children in long-term foster care
by Bellamy, Jennifer L.
- 229-248 Emotional, behavioral and social problems among Israeli children in residential care: A multi-level analysis
by Attar-Schwartz, Shalhevet
2008, Volume 30, Issue 1
- 1-25 Retrospective and concurrent predictors of the mental health of children in care
by Tarren-Sweeney, Michael
- 26-44 Severity, timing, and duration of welfare sanctions and the economic well-being of TANF families with children
by Wu, Chi-Fang
- 45-61 Participants' perceptions of healthy families: A home visitation program to prevent child abuse and neglect
by Krysik, Judy & LeCroy, Craig Winston & Ashford, Jose B.
- 62-78 Asset holding and net worth among households with children: Differences by household type
by Grinstein-Weiss, Michal & Hun Yeo, Yeong & Zhan, Min & Charles, Pajarita
- 79-89 Changes in parenting attitudes and knowledge among inmates and other at-risk populations after a family nurturing program
by Palusci, Vincent J. & Crum, Pat & Bliss, Rosalynn & Bavolek, Stephen J.
- 90-106 Maintaining sibling relationships for children in foster and adoptive placements
by James, Sigrid & Monn, Amy R. & Palinkas, Lawrence A. & Leslie, Laurel K.
- 107-121 The role of workers' attitudes and parent and child wishes in child protection workers' assessments and recommendation regarding removal and reunification
by Arad-Davidzon, Bilhah & Benbenishty, Rami
2007, Volume 29, Issue 12
- 1469-1486 Do good intentions beget good policy? A review of child protection policies to address intimate partner violence
by Nixon, Kendra L. & Tutty, Leslie M. & Weaver-Dunlop, Gillian & Walsh, Christine A.
- 1487-1502 Training as a factor in policy implementation: Lessons from a National Evaluation of Child Welfare Training
by Collins, Mary Elizabeth & Amodeo, Maryann & Clay, Cassandra
- 1503-1519 Substance-exposed newborns: Hospital and child protection responses
by Drescher Burke, Krista
- 1520-1536 Beginning street life: Factors contributing to children working and living on the streets of Khartoum, Sudan
by Plummer, Mary L. & Kudrati, Mustafa & Dafalla El Hag Yousif, Nassrin
2007, Volume 29, Issue 11
- 1395-1410 Co-occurring problems for substance abusing mothers in child welfare: Matching services to improve family reunification
by Choi, Sam & Ryan, Joseph P.
- 1411-1425 State-designated special needs, post-adoption support, and state fiscal stress
by Hansen, Mary Eschelbach
- 1426-1438 The social ecology of acculturation: Implications for child welfare services to children of immigrants
by Johnson, Michelle A.
- 1439-1453 Grandparents' and social workers' experiences with the child welfare system: A case for mutual resources
by Gladstone, James W. & Brown, Ralph A.
- 1454-1468 Differential response: A critical examination of a secondary prevention model
by Conley, Amy
2007, Volume 29, Issue 10
- 1269-1285 Special needs adoption from China: Exploring child-level indicators, adoptive family characteristics, and correlates of behavioral adjustment
by Tan, Tony Xing & Marfo, Kofi & Dedrick, Robert F.
- 1286-1300 Civic engagement or token participation? Perceived impact of the citizen review panel initiative
by Bryan, Valerie & Jones, Blake & Allen, Erin & Collins-Camargo, Crystal
- 1301-1319 Can system integration improve mental health outcomes for children and youth?
by Foster, E. Michael & Stephens, Robert & Krivelyova, Anna & Gamfi, Phyllis
- 1320-1334 Foster children with an incarcerated parent: Predictors of reunification
by Hayward, R. Anna & DePanfilis, Diane
- 1335-1351 Structured decision making in juvenile justice: Judges' and probation officers' perceptions and use
by Shook, Jeffrey J. & Sarri, Rosemary C.
- 1352-1367 Factors associated with exiting and reentry into out-of-home care under Community-Based Care in Florida
by Yampolskaya, Svetlana & Armstrong, Mary I. & Vargo, Amy C.
- 1368-1394 Supporting children and responding to their families: Capturing the evidence on family support
by Fernandez, Elizabeth
2007, Volume 29, Issue 9
- 1131-1141 Adolescents adjusting to a group home environment: A residential care model of re-organizing attachment behavior and building resiliency
by Hawkins-Rodgers, Yolanda
- 1142-1157 Child support and parental conflict in low-income families
by Hutson, Royce A.
- 1158-1178 Resilience of youth in transition from out-of-home care to adulthood
by Daining, Clara & DePanfilis, Diane
- 1179-1188 A procedure for assessing parents' capacity for change in child protection cases
by Harnett, Paul H.
- 1189-1200 Client feedback in child welfare programs: Current trends and future directions
by Baker, Amy J.L.
- 1201-1219 "Caught" versus "Taught": Ethnic identity and the ethnic socialization experiences of African American adolescents in kinship and non-kinship foster placements
by Schwartz, Ann
- 1220-1234 Mental health needs of urban children
by Mennen, Ferol E. & Trickett, Penelope K.
- 1235-1248 Fostering children with disabilities: A concept map of parent needs
by Brown, Jason
- 1249-1266 Parental work schedules, family process, and early adolescents' risky behavior
by Han, Wen-Jui & Waldfogel, Jane
2007, Volume 29, Issue 8
- 973-987 The take-up of cash assistance among private kinship care families
by Sheran, Michelle & Swann, Christopher A.
- 988-1009 Changes in family functioning and child behavior following intensive in-home therapy
by Barth, Richard P. & Greeson, Johanna K.P. & Guo, Shenyang & Green, Rebecca L. & Hurley, Sarah & Sisson, Jocelyn
- 1010-1020 Foster parent perceptions of placement success
by Brown, Jason D. & Campbell, Melissa
- 1021-1034 An evaluation of recovery factors for foster care alumni with physical or psychiatric impairments: Predictors of psychological outcomes
by Anctil, Tina M. & McCubbin, Laurie D. & O'Brien, Kirk & Pecora, Peter
- 1035-1050 Maltreatment and delinquency: Investigating child welfare bias in juvenile justice processing
by Ryan, Joseph P. & Herz, Denise & Hernandez, Pedro M. & Marshall, Jane Marie
- 1051-1069 Medication assisted drug treatment and child well-being
by Lundgren, Lena M. & Fitzgerald, Therese & Young, Nancy & Amodeo, Maryann & Schilling, Robert F.
- 1070-1084 Adoption of children and the contribution of the Osu Children's Home in Ghana
by Akpalu, Delali A.
- 1085-1101 "Tomorrow is another problem": The experiences of youth in foster care during their transition into adulthood
by Geenen, Sarah & Powers, Laurie E.
- 1102-1113 Predictors of successful permanency planning and length of stay in foster care: The role of race, diagnosis and place of residence
by Becker, Marion A. & Jordan, Neil & Larsen, Rebecca
- 1114-1128 Children and youth at risk in Israel: Findings and recommendations to improve their well-being
by Schmid, Hillel
2007, Volume 29, Issue 7
- 823-839 Can cognitive-behavioral therapy increase self-esteem among depressed adolescents? A systematic review
by Taylor, Tatiana L. & Montgomery, Paul
- 840-855 Pathways Teen Mother Support Project: Longitudinal findings
by McDonell, James R. & Limber, Susan P. & Connor-Godbey, Jennifer
- 856-869 Abuse type and substantiation status varying by recurrence
by Bae, Hwa-Ok & Solomon, Phyllis L. & Gelles, Richard J.
- 870-882 Predisposition to seek mental health care among Black males transitioning from foster care
by Scott Jr., Lionel D. & Munson, Michelle R. & McMillen, J. Curtis & Snowden, Lonnie R.
- 883-899 Prevalence and predictors of emotional and behavioral problems reported by teachers among institutionally reared children and adolescents in Turkish orphanages compared with community controls
by Simsek, Zeynep & Erol, Nese & Oztop, Didem & Munir, Kerim
- 900-911 Markov forecasting methods for welfare caseloads
by Grogger, Jeffrey
- 912-932 Children in no-parent households: The continuity of arrangements and the composition of households
by Hynes, Kathryn & Dunifon, Rachel
- 933-940 Foster care placement among children who received inpatient psychiatric care
by Park, Jung Min & Solomon, Phyllis & Mandell, David S.
- 941-960 The unique impact of out-of-home placement and the mediating effects of child maltreatment and homelessness on early school success
by Fantuzzo, John & Perlman, Staci
- 961-971 Assessing child exposure to adult domestic violence
by Edleson, Jeffrey L. & Ellerton, Amanda L. & Seagren, Ellen A. & Kirchberg, Staci L. & Schmidt, Sarah O. & Ambrose, Amirthini T.
2007, Volume 29, Issue 6
- 693-697 How are children and families faring a decade after welfare reform? Evidence from five non-experimental panel studies
by Slack, Kristen Shook & Magnuson, Katherine A. & Berger, Lawrence M.
- 698-720 Family economic well-being following the 1996 welfare reform: Trend data from five non-experimental panel studies
by Slack, Kristen Shook & Magnuson, Katherine A. & Berger, Lawrence M. & Yoo, Joan & Coley, Rebekah Levine & Dunifon, Rachel & Dworsky, Amy & Kalil, Ariel & Knab, Jean & Lohman, Brenda J. & Osborne, Cynthia
- 721-741 Maternal functioning, time, and money: The world of work and welfare
by Coley, Rebekah Levine & Lohman, Brenda J. & Votruba-Drzal, Elizabeth & Pittman, Laura D. & Chase-Lansdale, P. Lindsay
- 742-761 Maternal work and welfare use and child well-being: Evidence from 6 years of data from the Women's Employment Study
by Kalil, Ariel & Dunifon, Rachel
- 762-781 Work, welfare, and young children's health and behavior in the Fragile Families and Child Wellbeing Study
by Osborne, Cynthia & Knab, Jean
- 782-801 Welfare, work, and health care access predictors of low-income children's physical health outcomes
by Slack, Kristen Shook & Holl, Jane L. & Yoo, Joan & Amsden, Laura B. & Collins, Emily & Bolger, Kerry
- 802-820 Child, parent, and family predictors of child welfare services involvement among TANF applicant families
by Dworsky, Amy & Courtney, Mark E. & Zinn, Andrew
2007, Volume 29, Issue 5
- 545-556 Multi-level influences on the practice of inter-agency collaboration in child welfare and substance abuse treatment
by Smith, Brenda D. & Mogro-Wilson, Cristina
- 557-571 Dating violence among emancipating foster youth
by Jonson-Reid, Melissa & Scott, Lionel Jr. & McMillen, J. Curtis & Edmond, Tonya
- 572-587 Barriers to employment among out-of-school youth
by Miller, Cynthia & Porter, Kristin E.
- 588-599 Length of service for foster parents: Using administrative data to understand retention
by Gibbs, Deborah & Wildfire, Judith
- 600-617 Burning "Centre Bolt": Experiences of sexually transmitted infections and health care seeking behaviour described by street boys in Urban Kenya
by Kaime-Atterhog, Wanjiku & Lindmark, Gunilla & Persson, Lars-Ake & Ahlberg, Beth Maina
- 618-636 Child welfare and the civic minimum
by Beem, Christopher
- 637-654 High-risk youth transitions to adulthood: A longitudinal view of youth leaving the residential education in Finland
by Jahnukainen, Markku
- 655-671 Self-perceptions of fulfilling the foster caregiver role: A preliminary analysis
by Cole, Susan A. & Eamon, Mary Keegan
- 672-691 The Assessment Checklist for Children -- ACC: A behavioral rating scale for children in foster, kinship and residential care
by Tarren-Sweeney, Michael
2007, Volume 29, Issue 4
- 405-427 Helping maltreated children to find their Ibasho: Japanese perspectives on supporting the well-being of children in state care
by Bamba, Sachiko & Haight, Wendy L.
- 428-441 Caregiving grandmothers with vs. without child welfare system involvement: Effects of expressed need, formal services, and informal social support on caregiver burden
by Goodman, Catherine Chase & Potts, Marilyn Kay & Pasztor, Eileen Mayers
- 442-459 Foster parents in Multidimensional Treatment Foster Care: How do they deal with implementing standardized treatment components?
by Kyhle Westermark, Pia & Hansson, Kjell & Vinnerljung, Bo
- 460-473 Does substance abuse treatment make a difference for child welfare case outcomes? A statewide longitudinal analysis
by Green, Beth L. & Rockhill, Anna & Furrer, Carrie
- 474-489 The quality of work life of child protective investigators: A comparison of two work environments
by Cohen, Burton J. & Kinnevy, Susan C. & Dichter, Melissa E.
- 490-500 Assessment of intimate partner violence by child welfare services
by Hazen, Andrea L. & Connelly, Cynthia D. & Edleson, Jeffrey L. & Kelleher, Kelly J. & Landverk, John A. & Coben, Jeffrey H. & Barth, Richard P. & McGeehan, Jennifer & Rolls, Jennifer A. & Nuszkowski, Melanie A.
- 501-517 Effects of WIC and Food Stamp Program participation on child outcomes
by Lee, Bong Joo & Mackey-Bilaver, Lucy
- 518-544 Service use after court involvement in a sample of serious adolescent offenders
by Mulvey, Edward P. & Schubert, Carol A. & Chung, He Len
2007, Volume 29, Issue 3
- 283-293 Smoke-free world for children's welfare: Perceptions of smoking in preadolescence
by Bak, Judit & Piko, Bettina
- 294-312 School-based children's saving accounts for college: The I Can Save program
by Sherraden, Margaret S. & Johnson, Lissa & Elliott III, William & Porterfield, Shirley & Rainford, William
- 313-328 Improving health services for foster youth: Multidisciplinary and multistakeholder perspectives and recommendations
by Schneiderman, Janet U. & Brooks, Devon & Facher, Barbara & Amis, Jennifer
- 329-347 Informal and formal supports and maternal child-rearing practices in at-risk and non at-risk psychosocial contexts
by Rodrigo, Maria Jose & Martin, Juan Carlos & Maiquez, Maria Luisa & Rodriguez, Guacimara
- 348-362 Research on the caretaking of children of incarcerated parents: Findings and their service delivery implications
by Hanlon, Thomas E. & Carswell, Steven B. & Rose, Marc
- 363-382 School performance trajectories after the advent of reported maltreatment
by Leiter, Jeffrey
- 383-404 Feasibility of a randomized controlled trial for evaluating the effectiveness of the Big Brothers Big Sisters community match program at the national level
by De Wit, David J. & Lipman, Ellen & Manzano-Munguia, Maria & Bisanz, Jeffrey & Graham, Kathryn & Offord, David R. & O'Neill, Elizabeth & Pepler, Deborah & Shaver, Karen
2007, Volume 29, Issue 2
- 139-161 Child maltreatment, out-of-home placement and academic vulnerability: A fifteen-year review of evidence and future directions
by Stone, Susan
- 162-179 An evaluation of post-adoption services
by Dhami, Mandeep K. & Mandel, David R. & Sothmann, Katy
- 180-192 Child protection in Stockholm: A local cohort study on childhood prevalence of investigations and service delivery
by Sundell, Knut & Vinnerljung, Bo & Andree Lofholm, Cecilia & Humlesjo, Eva
- 193-215 Maternal welfare and employment experiences and adolescent well-being: Do mothers' human capital characteristics matter?
by Coley, Rebekah Levine & Bachman, Heather J. & Votruba-Drzal, Elizabeth & Lohman, Brenda J. & Li-Grining, Christine P.
- 216-225 Relationship between type of placement and competencies and problem behavior of adolescents in long-term foster care
by Marinkovic, Jelena A. & Backovic, Dusan
- 226-246 Capturing caregiver data: An examination of kinship care custodial arrangements
by Strozier, Anne L. & Krisman, Kerry
- 247-263 Predicting the effectiveness of the Home-Start parenting support program
by Asscher, Jessica J. & Hermanns, Jo M.A & Dekovic, Maja & Reitz, Ellen
- 264-281 A qualitative study of 369 child welfare professionals' perspectives about factors contributing to employee retention and turnover
by Ellett, Alberta J. & Ellis, Jacquelyn I. & Westbrook, Tonya M. & Dews, Denise'
2007, Volume 29, Issue 1
- 1-15 A child's-eye view of parent methamphetamine abuse: Implications for helping foster families to succeed
by Haight, Wendy & Ostler, Teresa & Black, James & Sheridan, Kathryn & Kingery, Linda
- 16-34 Stories of working with homeless youth: On being "mind-boggling"
by Kidd, Sean A. & Miner, Susan & Walker, Diana & Davidson, Larry
- 35-52 Predictors of early childbearing: Evidence from the Chicago longitudinal study
by Mersky, Joshua P. & Reynolds, Arthur J.
- 53-76 Disruptions in foster care: A review and meta-analysis
by Oosterman, Mirjam & Schuengel, Carlo & Wim Slot, N. & Bullens, Ruud A.R. & Doreleijers, Theo A.H.
- 77-91 Institutionalizing the "Child Welfare" state: A study of the development of Alabama's child welfare system, 1887-1931
by Burson, Ike
- 92-109 Kinship foster parents' perceptions of factors that promote or inhibit successful fostering
by Coakley, Tanya M. & Cuddeback, Gary & Buehler, Cheryl & Cox, Mary Ellen
- 110-121 Exploring the risks of substantiated physical neglect related to poverty and parental characteristics: A national sample
by Carter, Vernon & Myers, Miranda R.
- 122-137 Research on placement moves: Seeking the perspective of foster children
by Unrau, Yvonne A.
2006, Volume 28, Issue 12
- 1415-1434 From the child's perspective: A qualitative analysis of kinship care placements
by Messing, Jill Theresa
- 1435-1448 Independent living programs for young people leaving the care system: The state of the evidence
by Montgomery, Paul & Donkoh, Charles & Underhill, Kristen
- 1449-1458 Using sibling data to understand the impact of family group decision-making on child welfare outcomes
by Berzin, Stephanie Cosner
- 1459-1481 Educational and employment outcomes of adults formerly placed in foster care: Results from the Northwest Foster Care Alumni Study
by Pecora, Peter J. & Kessler, Ronald C. & O'Brien, Kirk & White, Catherine Roller & Williams, Jason & Hiripi, Eva & English, Diana & White, James & Herrick, Mary Anne
- 1482-1496 Effects of Medicaid managed care policies on mental health service use among a national probability sample of children in the child welfare system
by Raghavan, Ramesh & Leibowitz, Arleen A. & Andersen, Ronald M. & Zima, Bonnie T. & Schuster, Mark A. & Landsverk, John
- 1497-1511 Foster parent perceptions of placement breakdown
by Brown, Jason D. & Bednar, Lisa M.
- 1512-1527 Comparative analysis of faith-based programs serving homeless and street-living youth in Los Angeles, Mumbai and Nairobi
by Ferguson, Kristin M. & Dabir, Neela & Dortzbach, Karl & Dyrness, Grace & Spruijt-Metz, Donna
- 1528-1541 Childhood abuse and psychiatric impairment in a sample of welfare to work women
by Gorske, Tad T. & Larkby, Cynthia & Daley, Dennis C. & Yenerall, Eric & Morrow, Lisa A.
2006, Volume 28, Issue 11
- 1273-1292 Welfare reform and child well-being
by Dunifon, Rachel & Hynes, Kathryn & Peters, H. Elizabeth
- 1293-1311 The Help with Fostering Inventory
by Orme, John G. & Cherry, Donna J. & Rhodes, Kathryn W.
- 1312-1328 Awareness and detection of the co-occurrence of interparental violence and child abuse: Child welfare worker's perspective
by Bourassa, Chantal & Lavergne, Chantal & Damant, Dominique & Lessard, Genevieve & Turcotte, Pierre
- 1329-1343 Web-based training for foster, adoptive, and kinship parents
by Pacifici, Caesar & Delaney, Richard & White, Lee & Nelson, Carol & Cummings, Kelli
- 1344-1358 Can the corporate state parent?
by Bullock, Roger & Courtney, Mark E. & Parker, Roy & Sinclair, Ian & Thoburn, June
- 1359-1374 Continuity of activities and child well-being for foster care youth
by Fong, Rowena & Schwab, James & Armour, Marilyn
- 1375-1390 Reentry into the foster care system after reunification
by Shaw, Terry V.
- 1391-1408 Modeling behavioral problems of children in the child welfare system: Caregiver, youth, and teacher perceptions
by Rosenthal, James A. & Curiel, Herman F.
2006, Volume 28, Issue 10
- 1135-1151 Children aged 0-13 at risk of social exclusion: Impact of government policy in England and Wales
by Buchanan, A.
- 1152-1168 Residential education: Examining a new approach for improving outcomes for foster youth
by Jones, Loring & Lansdverk, John
- 1169-1180 Relationship of prior custody loss to maternal-fetal bonding in a subsequent pregnancy
by Lewis, Marilyn W.
- 1181-1194 Managing child welfare agencies: What do we know about what works?
by Wells, Rebecca
- 1195-1212 Understanding maternal intentions to engage in home visiting programs
by McCurdy, Karen & Daro, Deborah & Anisfeld, Elizabeth & Katzev, Aphra & Keim, Ann & LeCroy, Craig & McAfee, Courtney & Nelson, Carnot & Falconnier, Lydia & McGuigan, William M. & Park, Jennifer K. & Sandy, James & Winje, Carolyn
- 1213-1228 Does the child welfare system serve the neediest kinship care families?
by Swann, Christopher A. & Sylvester, Michelle Sheran
- 1229-1250 Does it pay to participate? Neighborhood-based organizations and the social development of urban adolescents
by Quane, James M. & Rankin, Bruce H.
- 1251-1261 Child health and academic achievement among former head start children
by Spernak, Stephanie M. & Schottenbauer, Michele A. & Ramey, Sharon L. & Ramey, Craig T.
2006, Volume 28, Issue 9
- 993-1006 Investigating the effects of caseworker characteristics in child welfare
by Ryan, Joseph P. & Garnier, Philip & Zyphur, Michael & Zhai, Fuhua
- 1007-1023 From start to finish: The duration of Hispanic children in out-of home placements
by Church II, Wesley T.
- 1024-1038 Factors favoring psychological resilience among fostered young people
by Legault, Louise & Anawati, Michelle & Flynn, Robert
- 1039-1059 Maternal work schedules and child outcomes: Evidence from the National Survey of American Families
by Han, Wen-Jui
- 1060-1073 Adolescents' approach toward children rights: Comparison between Jewish and Palestinian children from Israel and the Palestinian Authority
by Khoury-Kassabri, Mona & Haj-Yahia, Muhammad M. & Ben-Arieh, Asher
- 1074-1087 Integrated services for families with multiple problems: Obstacles to family reunification
by Marsh, Jeanne C. & Ryan, Joseph P. & Choi, Sam & Testa, Mark F.
- 1088-1101 Troubled youth in transition: An evaluation of Connecticut's special services for individuals aging out of adolescent mental health programs
by Styron, Thomas H. & O'Connell, Maria & Smalley, William & Rau, Douglas & Shahar, Golan & Sells, David & Frey, Jennifer & Davidson, Larry
- 1102-1123 Are certain preschoolers at risk in the era of welfare reform? The moderating role of children's temperament
by Li-Grining, Christine P. & Votruba-Drzal, Elizabeth & Bachman, Heather J. & Chase-Lansdale, P. Lindsay
- 1124-1132 Post-battle skirmish in the risk assessment wars: Rebuttal to the response of Baumann and colleagues to criticism of their paper, "Evaluating the effectiveness of actuarial risk assessment models"
by Johnson, Will
2006, Volume 28, Issue 8
- 867-887 Validation of the child behavior checklist for guardians of unaccompanied refugee minors
by Bean, Tammy & Mooijart, Ab & Eurelings-Bontekoe, Elisabeth & Spinhoven, Philip
- 888-905 The history of child protection in the African American community: Implications for current child welfare policies
by Jimenez, Jillian
- 906-926 What do university students who will work professionally with children know about maltreatment and mandated reporting?
by Smith, Maureen
- 927-940 Child care for low-income school-age children: Disability and family structure effects in a national sample
by Parish, Susan L. & Cloud, Jennifer M.
- 941-960 Welfare reform and child welfare outcomes: A multiple-cohort study
by Wells, Kathleen & Guo, Shenyang
- 961-975 Assets, parental expectations and involvement, and children's educational performance
by Zhan, Min
- 976-992 `Every Child Matters': The shift to prevention whilst strengthening protection in children's services in England
by Parton, Nigel
2006, Volume 28, Issue 7
- 727-740 Attachment and caregiving behavioral systems in intercountry adoption: A literature review
by Roberson, Kendra C.
- 741-760 The meaning of permanency in child welfare: Multiple stakeholder perspectives
by Freundlich, Madelyn & Avery, Rosemary Jane & Munson, Sara & Gerstenzang, Sarah
- 761-779 Externalizing behavior disorders in child welfare settings: Definition, prevalence, and implications for assessment and treatment
by Keil, Vivien & Price, Joseph M.
- 780-798 Leaving foster care--the influence of child and case characteristics on foster care exit rates
by Connell, Christian M. & Katz, Karol H. & Saunders, Leon & Tebes, Jacob Kraemer
- 799-811 Is the study of the "State of our children" changing? Re-visiting after 5 years
by Ben-Arieh, Asher
- 812-824 Effective intervention in child protective services: Learning from parents
by Palmer, Sally & Maiter, Sarah & Manji, Shehenaz
- 825-840 Adoption satisfaction among African-American families adopting African-American children
by Smith-McKeever, Chedgzsey
- 841-852 Is survival the fittest? A post hoc evaluation of event history estimations in an experimental design
by Shlonsky, Aron & Festinger, Trudy & Brookhart, M. Alan
2006, Volume 28, Issue 6
- 595-609 Children's access to four medical services: Impact of welfare policies, social structural factors, and family resources
by Cheng, Tyrone
- 610-619 Balancing act: Child welfare and overindulgence
by Ogilvie, A. Myrth
- 620-637 Supporting battered women and their children: Perspectives of battered mothers and child welfare professionals
by Shim, Woochan S. & Haight, Wendy L.
- 638-653 Educating future practitioners of social work and law: Exploring the origins of inter-professional misunderstanding
by Taylor, Sarah
- 654-672 Clinical work with antisocial behaviour in boys: Narrative interviews with clinical teams in Swedish child- and adolescent psychiatry
by Enebrink, Pia & Cederborg, Ann-Christin & Carlqvist, Monica Ryd & Gumpert, Clara H.
- 673-681 Stress, marital satisfaction, and child care provision by mothers of adolescent mothers: Considerations to make when providing services
by Culp, Anne McDonald & Culp, Rex E. & Noland, Deena & Anderson, Julius W.
- 682-703 Justice, therapeutic and hybrids and implications for children's rights: A review of state policy
by Bollenbacher, Vicky & Sakagawa, Taina
- 704-714 The risk assessment wars: A commentary: Response to "Evaluating the effectiveness of actuarial risk assessment models" by Donald Baumann, J. Randolph Law, Janess Sheets, Grant Reid, and J. Christopher Graham, Children and Youth Services Review, 27, pp. 465-490
by Johnson, Will
- 715-725 Remarks concerning the importance of evaluating actuarial risk assessment models: A rejoinder to Will Johnson
by Baumann, Donald J. & Law, J. Randolph & Sheets, Janess & Reid, Grant & Graham, J. Christopher
2006, Volume 28, Issue 5
- 473-486 Functional impairment among preschoolers using mental health services
by Warner, Lynn A. & Pottick, Kathleen J.
- 487-510 Adolescent adoption: Success despite challenges
by Wright, Lois & Flynn, Cynthia C.
- 511-534 Conditions for resolving controversies between social actors in domestic violence and youth protection services: Toward innovative collaborative practices
by Lessard, Genevieve & Lavergne, Chantal & Chamberland, Claire & Damant, Dominique & Turcotte, Daniel
- 535-547 Korean institutionalized adolescents' attributions of success and failure in interpersonal relations and perceived loneliness
by Han, Eugene & Choi, Naya
- 548-577 Why do they leave? Modeling child welfare workers' turnover intentions
by Mor Barak, Michalle E. & Levin, Amy & Nissly, Jan A. & Lane, Christianne J.