Contact information of Elsevier
Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Access and download statisticsTop item:
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:cysrev. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/childyouth .
2013, Volume 35, Issue 2
- 278-286 Beyond a bed: Support for positive development for youth residing in emergency shelters
by Heinze, Hillary J.
- 287-295 Family group decision making: Measuring fidelity to practice principles in public child welfare
by Rauktis, Mary Elizabeth & Bishop-Fitzpatrick, Lauren & Jung, Nahri & Pennell, Joan
- 296-301 Factors predicting student intervention when witnessing anti-LGBTQ harassment: The influence of peers, teachers, and climate
by Wernick, Laura J. & Kulick, Alex & Inglehart, Marita H.
- 302-311 Reducing youth's drug abuse through training social workers for cognitive–behavioral integrated treatment
by Cheung, Chau-kiu & Ngai, Steven Sek-yum
- 312-320 Social services for sexual minority youth: Preferences for what, where, and how services are delivered
by Wells, Elizabeth A. & Asakura, Kenta & Hoppe, Marilyn J. & Balsam, Kimberly F. & Morrison, Diane M. & Beadnell, Blair
- 321-331 A qualitative study on the pros and cons of ethnically matching culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) client families and child protection caseworkers
by Sawrikar, Pooja
- 332-339 Public attitudes toward the identification and reporting of alleged maltreatment cases among social groups in Israel
by Benbenishty, Rami & Schmid, Hillel
- 340-346 Employment mobility or turnover? An analysis of child welfare and protection employee retention
by Burns, Kenneth & Christie, Alastair
- 347-352 Improved decision making about suspected child maltreatment: Results of structuring the decision process
by de Kwaadsteniet, Leontien & Bartelink, Cora & Witteman, Cilia & ten Berge, Ingrid & van Yperen, Tom
- 353-357 Transactional stress and anxiety control beliefs among low-income early adolescents
by Hickle, Kristine E. & Anthony, Elizabeth K.
- 358-366 Stability and sequence of center-based and family childcare: Links with low-income children's school readiness
by Ansari, Arya & Winsler, Adam
2013, Volume 35, Issue 1
- 7-10 Internalizing and externalizing symptoms among unaccompanied refugee and Italian adolescents
by Thommessen, S. & Laghi, F. & Cerrone, C. & Baiocco, R. & Todd, B.K.
- 11-18 How different are their experiences and outcomes? Comparing aged out and other child welfare involved youth
by Shook, Jeffrey J. & Goodkind, Sara & Herring, David & Pohlig, Ryan T. & Kolivoski, Karen & Kim, Kevin H.
- 19-24 A statewide introduction of trauma-informed care in a child welfare system
by Kramer, Teresa L. & Sigel, Benjamin A. & Conners-Burrow, Nikki A. & Savary, Patricia E. & Tempel, Ashley
- 25-32 Research in play therapy: A 10-year review in Taiwan
by Tsai, Mei-Hsiang
- 33-39 Turning away from the public sector in children's out-of-home care: An English experiment
by Stanley, Nicky & Austerberry, Helen & Bilson, Andy & Farrelly, Nicola & Hussein, Shereen & Larkins, Cath & Manthorpe, Jill & Ridley, Julie
- 40-46 Characteristics related to family involvement in youth residential mental health treatment
by Robst, John & Armstrong, Mary & Dollard, Norín & Rohrer, Lodi & Sharrock, Patty & Batsche, Catherine & Reader, Steven
- 47-55 Predictors of aggression among Palestinians in Israel and Gaza: Happiness, need to belong, and self-control
by Ronen, Tammie & Abuelaish, Izzeldin & Rosenbaum, Michael & Agbaria, Qutaiba & Hamama, Liat
- 56-64 Therapeutic alliance between youth and staff in residential group care: Psychometrics of the therapeutic alliance quality scale
by Duppong Hurley, Kristin & Lambert, Matthew C. & Van Ryzin, Mark & Sullivan, Justin & Stevens, Amy
- 65-74 Poverty, social disadvantage, and the black/white placement gap
by Wulczyn, Fred & Gibbons, Robert & Snowden, Lonnie & Lery, Bridgette
- 75-81 Training foster parents in loyalty conflict: A training evaluation
by Mehta, Nirav & Baker, Amy J.L. & Chong, Jeannette
- 82-90 A latent class analysis of resilient development among early adolescents living in public housing
by Anthony, Elizabeth K. & Robbins, Danielle E.
- 91-101 Parent–child relationships, friendship networks, and developmental outcomes of economically disadvantaged youth in Hong Kong
by Ngai, Steven Sek-yum & Cheung, Chau-kiu & To, Siu-ming & Liu, Ying & Song, Han-yu
- 102-111 Support for basic psychological needs in the context of HIV disclosure for older youth
by Gillard, Ann & Roark, Mark F.
- 112-119 Cyberbullying and subjective health
by Låftman, Sara Brolin & Modin, Bitte & Östberg, Viveca
- 120-127 It takes a team: Improving placement stability among children and youth with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder in care in Canada
by Pelech, William & Badry, Dorothy & Daoust, Gabrielle
- 128-132 Are maternal and community risk factors associated with the presence of asthma among children placed in foster care?
by Hellyer, Jessica & Garrido, Edward F. & Petrenko, Christie L.M. & Taussig, Heather N.
- 133-141 Usual care for trauma-exposed youth: Are clinician-reported therapy techniques evidence-based?
by Borntrager, Cameo & Chorpita, Bruce F. & Higa-McMillan, Charmaine K. & Daleiden, Eric L. & Starace, Nicole
- 142-150 Is there a (transracial) adoption achievement gap?
by Raleigh, Elizabeth & Kao, Grace
- 151-161 Actuarial risk assessment in child protective services: Construction methodology and performance criteria
by Coohey, Carol & Johnson, Kristen & Renner, Lynette M. & Easton, Scott D.
- 162-167 Evaluation of a group-based social skills training for children with problem behavior
by van Vugt, E.S. & Deković, M. & Prinzie, P. & Stams, G.J.J.M. & Asscher, J.J.
- 168-173 Healthcare professionals' priorities for child abuse educational programming: A Delphi study
by Chen, Yi-Wen & Fetzer, Susan & Lin, Chiao-Li & Huang, Joh-Jong & Feng, Jui-Ying
- 174-182 The influence of father involvement on child welfare permanency outcomes: A secondary data analysis
by Coakley, Tanya M.
- 183-187 Risk-taking behavior and academic self-efficacy as variables accounting for problematic internet use in adolescent university students
by Odacı, Hatice
- 188-193 Examining the equivalence of fidelity over two generations of KEEP implementation: A preliminary analysis
by Buchanan, Rohanna & Chamberlain, Patricia & Price, Joseph M. & Sprengelmeyer, Peter
- 194-203 Mental health and substance use disorders among foster youth transitioning to adulthood: Past research and future directions
by Havlicek, Judy R. & Garcia, Antonio R. & Smith, Douglas C.
2012, Volume 34, Issue 12
- 2255-2262 Socio-demographic and service provision characteristics associated with primary school attendance among the Most Vulnerable Children in Tanzania
by Ng'ondi, Naftali Bernard
- 2263-2272 Timing of exits to legal permanency from out-of-home care: The importance of systems and implications for assessing institutional accountability
by Courtney, Mark E. & Hook, Jennifer L.
- 2273-2279 Outreach social workers for at-risk youth: A test of their attitudes towards crime and young offenders in Hong Kong
by Chui, Wing Hong & Chan, Heng Choon (Oliver)
- 2280-2286 Maltreatment of children in out-of-home care: A review of associated factors and outcomes
by Uliando, Anna & Mellor, David
- 2287-2294 The perceived impact and acceptability of Group Triple P Positive Parenting Program for Aboriginal parents in Canada
by Houlding, Carolyn & Schmidt, Fred & Stern, Susan B. & Jamieson, John & Borg, Darcia
- 2295-2303 Resilience in children and youth: A review
by Zolkoski, Staci M. & Bullock, Lyndal M.
- 2304-2310 Taxonomic systems in the field of health care, family care, and child and youth care: A systematic overview of the literature
by Evenboer, K.E. & Huyghen, A.M.N. & Tuinstra, J. & Reijneveld, S.A. & Knorth, E.J.
- 2311-2318 Effectiveness of child protective services interventions as indicated by rates of recidivism
by Solomon, David & Åsberg, Kia
- 2319-2326 The influence of meeting time on academic outcomes in school-based mentoring
by Schwartz, Sarah E.O. & Rhodes, Jean E. & Herrera, Carla
- 2327-2336 Conceptualizing the step-down for foster youth approaching adulthood: Perceptions of service providers, caseworkers, and foster parents
by Havlicek, Judy & McMillen, J. Curtis & Fedoravicius, Nicole & McNelly, David & Robinson, Debra
- 2337-2344 Substance use among current and former foster youth: A systematic review
by Braciszewski, Jordan M. & Stout, Robert L.
- 2345-2352 Predicting outcomes of children in residential treatment: A comparison of a decision support algorithm and a multidisciplinary team decision model
by Chor, Ka Ho Brian & McClelland, Gary M. & Weiner, Dana A. & Jordan, Neil & Lyons, John S.
- 2353-2360 Receiving mandated therapeutic services: Experiences of parents involved in the child welfare system
by Estefan, Lianne Fuino & Coulter, Martha L. & VandeWeerd, Carla L. & Armstrong, Mary & Gorski, Peter
- 2361-2366 Effects of a school readiness intervention for children in foster care on oppositional and aggressive behaviors in kindergarten
by Pears, Katherine C. & Kim, Hyoun K. & Fisher, Philip A.
- 2367-2373 Does childcare have an impact on the quality of parent–child interaction? Evidence from post-Soviet Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan
by Habibov, Nazim N.
- 2374-2380 The subjective well-being of Spanish adolescents: Variations according to different living arrangements
by Dinisman, Tamar & Montserrat, Carme & Casas, Ferran
- 2381-2391 Knowledge translation in the field of violence against women and children: An assessment of the state of knowledge
by Larrivée, Marie-Claude & Hamelin-Brabant, Louise & Lessard, Geneviève
- 2392-2399 Substance use and victimization: Street-involved youths' perspectives and service implications
by Bender, Kimberly & Thompson, Sanna J. & Ferguson, Kristin & Komlo, Chelsea & Taylor, Chelsea & Yoder, Jamie
- 2400-2408 A longitudinal examination of predictors of delinquency: An analysis of data from the Mobile Youth Survey
by Church, Wesley T. & Tomek, Sara & Bolland, Kathleen A. & Hooper, Lisa M. & Jaggers, Jeremiah & Bolland, John M.
- 2409-2415 Characteristics of incarcerated fathers and mothers: Implications for preventive interventions targeting children and families
by Kjellstrand, Jean M. & Cearley, Jennifer & Eddy, J. Mark & Foney, Dana & Martinez, Charles R.
- 2416-2422 Child training for physical aggression?
by Linares, L. Oriana & Li, MinMin & Shrout, Patrick E.
- 2423-2432 Family level predictors of victimization and offending among young men: Rethinking the role of parents in prevention and interventions models
by Hartinger-Saunders, Robin M. & Rine, Christine M. & Wieczorek, William & Nochajski, Thomas
- 2433-2441 Children of incarcerated parents: Insights to addressing a growing public health concern in Australia
by Dawson, A. & Jackson, D. & Nyamathi, A.
- 2442-2453 Preventing the sexual exploitation of minors in youth-serving organizations
by Wurtele, Sandy K.
- 2454-2463 Child care assistance for families involved in the child welfare system: Predicting child care subsidy use and stability
by Lipscomb, Shannon T. & Lewis, Kendra M. & Masyn, Katherine E. & Meloy, Mary Elizabeth
- 2464-2473 The effects of domestic violence on children's behavior problems: Assessing the moderating roles of poverty and marital status
by Yoo, Jeong Ah & Huang, Chien-Chung
- 2474-2480 Accessing child developmental services predicts in-home placement of substance- and HIV-affected children
by Reich, Warren A. & Fuger, Kathryn L.
- 2481-2486 Individual and social network sexual behavior norms of homeless youth at high risk for HIV infection
by Tyler, Kimberly A. & Melander, Lisa A.
- 2487-2494 Effectiveness of the KEEP foster parent intervention during an implementation trial
by Price, Joseph M. & Roesch, Scott C. & Walsh, Natalia Escobar
- 2495-2503 Influence of form and timing of social support on parental outcomes of a child-maltreatment prevention program
by Byrne, Sonia & Rodrigo, María José & Martín, Juan Carlos
2012, Volume 34, Issue 11
- 2141-2146 Calculating and comparing the costs of multidimensional treatment foster care in English local authorities
by Holmes, Lisa & Ward, Harriet & McDermid, Samantha
- 2147-2155 Out of care and into care again: A Danish register‐based study of children placed in out-of‐home care before their third birthday
by Ubbesen, Mads Bonde & Petersen, Liselotte & Mortensen, Preben Bo & Kristensen, Ole Steen
- 2156-2163 Direct and mediating effects of accessing sexually explicit online materials on Hong Kong adolescents' attitude, knowledge, and behavior relating to sex
by To, Siu-ming & Ngai, Steven Sek-yum & Iu Kan, Siu-mee
- 2164-2169 Links between physical abuse in childhood and child neglect among adolescent mothers
by Bartlett, Jessica Dym & Easterbrooks, M. Ann
- 2170-2178 Professionalization in public child welfare: Historical context and workplace outcomes for social workers and non-social workers
by Scannapieco, Maria & Hegar, Rebecca L. & Connell-Carrick, Kelli
- 2179-2187 My Life: Effects of a longitudinal, randomized study of self-determination enhancement on the transition outcomes of youth in foster care and special education
by Powers, Laurie E. & Geenen, Sarah & Powers, Jennifer & Pommier-Satya, Summer & Turner, Alison & Dalton, Lawrence D. & Drummond, Diann & Swank, Paul
- 2188-2200 Examining racial disproportionality in child protective services case decisions
by Font, Sarah A. & Berger, Lawrence M. & Slack, Kristen S.
- 2201-2207 Dynamics that contribute to racial disproportionality and disparity: Perspectives from child welfare professionals, community partners, and families
by Miller, Keva M. & Cahn, Katharine & Orellana, E. Roberto
- 2208-2219 Attachment theory and change processes in foster care
by Tucker, David J. & MacKenzie, Michael J.
- 2220-2228 Adoption in the child welfare system — A cross-country analysis of child welfare workers' recommendations for or against adoption
by Skivenes, Marit & Tefre, Øyvind Samnøy
- 2229-2239 Parental nativity and the decision to substantiate: Findings from a study of Latino children in the second National Survey of Child and Adolescent Well-being (NSCAW II)
by Johnson-Motoyama, Michelle & Dettlaff, Alan J. & Finno, Megan
- 2240-2246 Youth care workers' views on the challenges of working with girls: An analysis of the mediating influence of practitioner gender and prior experience with girls
by Lanctôt, Nadine & Ayotte, Marie-Hélène & Turcotte, Mathilde & Besnard, Thérèse
- 2247-2254 “We need their help”: Encouraging and discouraging adolescent civic engagement through Photovoice
by Pritzker, Suzanne & LaChapelle, Alicia & Tatum, Jeremy
2012, Volume 34, Issue 10
- 1983-1991 Ecological factors associated with sexual risk behaviors among detained adolescents: A systematic review
by Voisin, Dexter R. & Hong, Jun Sung & King, Kelly
- 1992-2001 Engaging child welfare-involved families impacted by substance misuse: Scottish policies and practices
by Robertson, Anne S. & Haight, Wendy
- 2002-2011 Low-income families' selection of child care for their young children
by Tang, Sandra & Coley, Rebekah Levine & Votruba-Drzal, Elizabeth
- 2012-2017 Life satisfaction and positive perceptions of the future among youth at-risk participating in Civic-National Service in Israel
by Levy, Drorit & Benbenishty, Rami & Refaeli, Tehila
- 2018-2027 The link between developmental components (age and gender), need to belong and resources of self-control and feelings of happiness, and frequency of symptoms among Arab adolescents in Israel
by Agbaria, Qutaiba & Ronen, Tammie & Hamama, Liat
- 2028-2035 Youth at entry to residential treatment: Understanding psychotropic medication use
by Griffith, Annette K. & Smith, Gail & Huefner, Jonathan C. & Epstein, Michael H. & Thompson, Ronald & Singh, Nirbhay N. & Leslie, Laurel.K.
- 2036-2041 An evaluation of the effectiveness of a parent-to-parent program in changing attitudes and increasing parental engagement in the juvenile dependency system
by Summers, Alicia & Wood, Steve M. & Russell, Jesse R. & Macgill, Stephanie O.
- 2042-2051 Imagining the future: Community perceptions of a family-based economic empowerment intervention for AIDS-orphaned adolescents in Uganda
by Ismayilova, Leyla & Ssewamala, Fred & Mooers, Elizabeth & Nabunya, Proscovia & Sheshadri, Srividya
- 2052-2060 Risk factors for involvement in delinquency among immigrants and native-born Israeli girls
by Statland-Vaintraub, Olga & Khoury-Kassabri, Mona & Ajzenstadt, Mimi & Amedi, Shabi
- 2061-2071 Engaging parents in parenting programs: Lessons from research and practice
by Axford, Nick & Lehtonen, Minna & Kaoukji, Dwan & Tobin, Kate & Berry, Vashti
- 2072-2080 Risk factors for mental health diagnoses among children adopted from the public child welfare system
by Hussey, David L. & Falletta, Lynn & Eng, Abbey
- 2081-2087 The benefits of an enhanced Nobody's Perfect Parenting Program for child welfare clients including non-custodial parents
by Kennett, Deborah J. & Chislett, Gail
- 2088-2093 Existence, relatedness, or growth? Examining turnover intention of public child welfare caseworkers from a human needs approach
by Chen, Yi-Yi & Park, Jisung & Park, Aely
- 2094-2100 School-wide discipline and the intransigency of exclusion
by Maag, John W.
- 2101-2116 Team decision making in child welfare
by Nouwen, Eva & Decuyper, Stefan & Put, Johan
- 2117-2122 The parenting experiences of homeless adolescent mothers and mothers-to-be: Perspectives from a shelter sample
by Dworsky, Amy & Meehan, Patrick
- 2123-2130 The caregiver as gatekeeper for accessing health care for children in foster care: A qualitative study of kinship and unrelated caregivers
by Schneiderman, Janet U. & Smith, Caitlin & Palinkas, Lawrence A.
- 2131-2138 Parental problems, case plan requirements, and service targeting in child welfare reunification
by D'Andrade, Amy C. & Chambers, Ruth M.
2012, Volume 34, Issue 7
- 1197-1207 Highlighting adolescents' involvement with the child welfare system: A review of recent trends, policy developments, and related research
by Simmel, Cassandra
- 1208-1213 Strategies for longitudinal research with youth in foster care: A demonstration of methods, barriers, and innovations
by Jackson, Yo & Gabrielli, Joy & Tunno, Angela M. & Hambrick, Erin P.
- 1214-1221 Predicting public child welfare employees' intentions to remain employed with the child welfare organizational culture inventory
by Westbrook, Tonya M. & Ellett, Alberta J. & Asberg, Kia
- 1222-1229 Respect in the workplace: A mixed methods study of retention and turnover in the voluntary child welfare sector
by Augsberger, Astraea & Schudrich, Wendy & McGowan, Brenda G. & Auerbach, Charles
- 1230-1236 Time banking service exchange systems: A review of the research and policy and practice implications in support of youth in transition
by Marks, Michael B.
- 1237-1242 Fathers' involvement and preschool children's behavior in stable single-mother families
by Flouri, Eirini & Malmberg, Lars-Erik
- 1243-1250 Results from the Virginia Multidisciplinary Team Knowledge and Functioning Survey: The importance of differentiating by groups affiliated with a child advocacy center
by Jackson, Shelly L.
- 1251-1258 Placement stability in the context of child development
by O'Neill, Marissa & Risley-Curtiss, Christina & Ayón, Cecilia & Williams, Lela Rankin
- 1259-1272 A systematic review: A quest for effective interventions for children and adolescents in street situation
by Berckmans, Isabel & Velasco, Marcela Losantos & Tapia, Bismarck Pinto & Loots, Gerrit
- 1273-1282 The pivotal role of child welfare supervisors in implementing an agency's practice model
by Frey, Lauren & LeBeau, Mary & Kindler, Diane & Behan, Christopher & Morales, Isabel M. & Freundlich, Madelyn
- 1283-1289 Stress in adoptive parents of adolescents
by Sánchez-Sandoval, Yolanda & Palacios, Jesús
- 1290-1297 The efficacy of a short cognitive–behavioral parent program in the treatment of externalizing behavior disorders in Romanian foster care children: Building parental emotion-regulation through unconditional self- and child-acceptance strategies
by Gaviţa, Oana A. & David, Daniel & Bujoreanu, Simona & Tiba, Alexandru & Ionuţiu, Dafina R.
- 1298-1304 Motives of aboriginal foster parents
by Brown, Jason D. & Gerritts, Julie & Ivanova, Viktoria & Mehta, Nisha & Skrodzki, Donna
- 1305-1308 Predictiveness of interpersonal cognitive distortions on university students' problematic Internet use
by Kalkan, Melek
- 1309-1316 Child protection workers' experiences of working with high-conflict separating families
by Saini, Michael & Black, Tara & Lwin, Kristen & Marshall, Alena & Fallon, Barbara & Goodman, Deborah
- 1317-1324 Romanian adoptive families: Stressors, coping strategies and resources
by Bejenaru, Anca & Roth, Maria
- 1325-1330 An investigation into the efficiency of empathy training program on preventing bullying in primary schools
by Şahin, Mustafa
- 1331-1336 The implementation of wraparound in California's Title IV-E Child Welfare Waiver Demonstration Project
by Ferguson, Charlie M.
- 1337-1343 Evaluation of the impact of enhanced parental legal representation on the timing of permanency outcomes for children in foster care
by Courtney, Mark E. & Hook, Jennifer L.
- 1344-1350 Correlates of service utilization among homeless youth
by Tyler, Kimberly A. & Akinyemi, Sarah L. & Kort-Butler, Lisa A.
- 1351-1358 Extended families and perceived caregiver support to AIDS orphans in Rakai district of Uganda
by Karimli, Leyla & Ssewamala, Fred M. & Ismayilova, Leyla
- 1359-1366 Impact of intensive case management on child welfare system involvement for substance-dependent parenting women on public assistance
by Dauber, Sarah & Neighbors, Charles & Dasaro, Chris & Riordan, Annette & Morgenstern, Jon
- 1367-1377 Participation in a summer sport-based youth development program for disadvantaged youth: Getting the parent perspective
by Riley, Allison & Anderson-Butcher, Dawn
- 1378-1389 Development and validation of classification models to identify hidden child molesters applying to child service organizations
by Abel, Gene G. & Wiegel, Markus & Jordan, Alan & Harlow, Nora & Hsu, Yu-Sheng & Martinez, Marc
2012, Volume 34, Issue 6
- 1084-1091 Interventions aiming to improve school achievements of children in out-of-home care: A scoping review
by Forsman, Hilma & Vinnerljung, Bo
- 1092-1100 Helping youth in care succeed: Influence of caregiver involvement on academic achievement
by Cheung, Connie & Lwin, Kristen & Jenkins, Jennifer M.
- 1101-1106 The Letterbox Club: An account of a postal club to raise the achievement of children aged 7 to 13 in foster care
by Griffiths, Rose
- 1107-1114 Leaving care: Looking ahead and aiming higher
by Jackson, Sonia & Cameron, Claire
- 1115-1120 On the Way Home: Program description and preliminary findings
by Trout, Alexandra L. & Tyler, Patrick M. & Stewart, McLain C. & Epstein, Michael H.
- 1121-1129 Maximizing educational achievement of youth in foster care and alumni: Factors associated with success
by Pecora, Peter J.
- 1130-1134 Translating evidence into practice: Supporting the school performance of young people living in residential group care in Ontario
by Gharabaghi, Kiaras
- 1135-1142 Education for disadvantaged groups — Structural and individual challenges
by Johansson, Helena & Höjer, Ingrid
- 1143-1149 Educating children and youth in care: A review of barriers to school progress and strategies for change
by Ferguson, H. Bruce & Wolkow, Katherine
- 1150-1153 Knowledge transfer resulting from the Improving Educational Outcomes for Children in Care conference: How it is helping a child welfare organization to build a long term educational strategy
by O'Brien, Michael
- 1154-1160 Using research and outcome data to improve educational services and supports for young people in care: A case study of a local children's aid society in Ontario
by Stoddart, Jill K.
- 1161-1170 Access to post-secondary education: The importance of culture
by Finnie, Ross
- 1171-1175 Educating young people in care: What have we learned?
by Berridge, David
- 1176-1182 Preliminary effects of a group-based tutoring program for children in long-term foster care
by Harper, Julie & Schmidt, Fred
- 1183-1189 Effects of individual direct-instruction tutoring on foster children's academic skills: A randomized trial
by Flynn, Robert J. & Marquis, Robyn A. & Paquet, Marie-Pierre & Peeke, Lisa M. & Aubry, Tim D.
- 1190-1196 Education in residential care and in school: A social-pedagogical perspective on the educational attainment of young women leaving care
by Zeller, Maren & Köngeter, Stefan
2012, Volume 34, Issue 5
- 867-875 Pregnancy and parenting among youth in foster care: A review
by Svoboda, Deborah V. & Shaw, Terry V. & Barth, Richard P. & Bright, Charlotte Lyn
- 876-881 The effectiveness of support groups in increasing social support for kinship caregivers
by Strozier, Anne L.
- 882-890 Rethinking the role of early care and education in foster care
by Meloy, Mary Elizabeth & Phillips, Deborah A.
- 891-899 Behavior problems, foster home integration, and evidence-based behavioral interventions: What predicts adoption of foster children?
by Leathers, Sonya J. & Spielfogel, Jill E. & Gleeson, James P. & Rolock, Nancy
- 900-907 In and out of care. A profile and analysis of children in the out-of-home care system in Sweden
by Khoo, Evelyn & Skoog, Viktoria & Dalin, Rolf
- 908-913 The longitudinal influence of parent–child relationships and depression on cyber delinquency in South Korean adolescents: A latent growth curve model
by Kong, Jeongseok & Lim, Jinseop
- 914-923 Pathways from non-Korean mothers' cultural adaptation, marital conflict, and parenting behavior to bi-ethnic children's school adjustment in South Korea
by Shin, Jung-Hee & Doh, Hyun-Sim & Hong, Jun Sung & Kim, Johnny S.
- 924-932 Influence of caregiver network support and caregiver psychopathology on child mental health need and service use in the LONGSCAN study
by Lindsey, Michael A. & Gilreath, Tamika D. & Thompson, Richard & Graham, J. Christopher & Hawley, Kristin M. & Weisbart, Cindy & Browne, Dorothy & Kotch, Jonathan B.
- 933-939 Pathways from social support to service use among caregivers at risk of child maltreatment
by Kang, Jiyoung
- 940-945 An evaluation of factors leading to mentor satisfaction with the mentoring relationship
by Martin, Shannon M. & Sifers, Sarah K.
- 946-954 Academic performance of subsequent schools and impacts of early interventions: Evidence from a randomized controlled trial in Head Start settings
by Zhai, Fuhua & Raver, C. Cybele & Jones, Stephanie M.
- 955-961 Social relationships in children from intercountry adoption
by Barcons, Natàlia & Abrines, Neus & Brun, Carme & Sartini, Claudio & Fumadó, Victoria & Marre, Diana
- 962-972 Equivalent harm? The relative roles of maltreatment and exposure to intimate partner violence in antisocial outcomes for young adults
by Park, Aely & Smith, Carolyn & Ireland, Timothy
- 973-982 Teacher involvement in school mental health interventions: A systematic review
by Franklin, Cynthia G.S. & Kim, Johnny S. & Ryan, Tiffany N. & Kelly, Michael S. & Montgomery, Katherine L.
- 983-988 Who gets services and who does not? Multi-level approach to the decision for ongoing child welfare or referral to specialized services
by Jud, A. & Fallon, B. & Trocmé, N.
- 989-998 The development and initial validation of the Immigrant Parental Stress Inventory (IPSI) in a sample of Korean immigrant parents
by Yoo, Sun-Young & Vonk, M. Elizabeth
- 999-1006 Stigmatization associated with growing up in a lesbian-parented family: What do adolescents experience and how do they deal with it?
by van Gelderen, Loes & Gartrell, Nanette & Bos, Henny M.W. & van Rooij, Floor B. & Hermanns, Jo M.A.
- 1007-1014 Maximizing educational opportunities for youth aging out of foster care by engaging youth voices in a partnership for social change
by Day, Angelique & Riebschleger, Joanne & Dworsky, Amy & Damashek, Amy & Fogarty, Kieran
- 1015-1023 Socialization process and social support networks of out-of-care youngsters
by Sala-Roca, Josefina & Villalba Biarnés, Andreu & Jariot García, Mercè & Arnau Sabates, Laura
- 1024-1034 Children without parents in the TANF caseload: Thinking beyond the child-only label
by Saunders, Correne & Hetling, Andrea & Ovwigho, Pamela C. & Born, Catherine E.
- 1035-1041 Neighborhood, poverty, and negative behavior: An examination of differential association and social control theory
by Church, Wesley T. & Jaggers, Jeremiah W. & Taylor, Julie K.
- 1042-1049 Self-control, social support, and aggression among adolescents in divorced and two-parent families
by Hamama, Liat & Ronen-Shenhav, Anat
- 1050-1059 “I Don't Know What They Know”: Knowledge transfer in mandated referral from child welfare to early intervention
by Allen, April D. & Hyde, Justeen & Leslie, Laurel K.
- 1060-1071 Pathways to service inequalities among Latinos in the child welfare system
by Garcia, Antonio & Aisenberg, Eugene & Harachi, Tracy
- 1072-1080 Associations between center-based care accreditation status and the early educational outcomes of children in the child welfare system
by Dinehart, Laura H. & Manfra, Louis & Katz, Lynne F. & Hartman, Suzanne C.
2012, Volume 34, Issue 4
- 597-601 The role of cultural dissimilarity factors on child adjustment following foster placement
by Anderson, Maurice & Linares, L. Oriana
- 602-614 Kinship foster family type and placement discharge outcomes
by Zinn, Andrew
- 615-621 Teacher assessment of behavior problems in foster care children
by Bernedo, Isabel M. & Salas, María D. & García-Martín, Miguel A. & Fuentes, María J.
- 622-627 Child support enforcement in the United States: Has policy made a difference?
by Huang, Chien-Chung & Han, Ke-Qing
- 628-638 Expected struggles: U.S. child care policy
by Palley, Elizabeth
- 639-647 The impact of system of care support in adherence to wraparound principles in Child and Family Teams in child welfare in North Carolina
by Snyder, Elizabeth H. & Lawrence, C. Nicole & Dodge, Kenneth A.
- 648-654 Caregiving grandmothers and their grandchildren: Well-being nine years later
by Goodman, Catherine Chase
- 655-659 Moving forward without looking back: Performance management systems as real-time evidence-based practice tools
by Cash, Scottye J. & Ingram, Stephanie D. & Biben, Denise S. & McKeever, Shann J. & Thompson, Ronald W. & Ferrell, Jared Z.
- 660-665 Fostering empathy through stories: A pilot program for special needs adoptive families
by Faver, Catherine A. & Alanis, Erika
- 666-674 Improving accuracy and consistency in child maltreatment severity assessment in child protection services in Spain: New set of criteria to help caseworkers in substantiation decisions
by Arruabarrena, Ignacia & De Paúl, Joaquín
- 675-679 12-month follow-up outcomes for youth departing an integrated residential continuum of care
by Ringle, Jay L. & Huefner, Jonathan C. & James, Sigrid & Pick, Robert & Thompson, Ronald W.
- 680-690 Supervisor training to support principle-driven practice with youth in foster care
by Atukpawu, Grace & Mertinko, Elizabeth & Graham, Elliott & Denniston, John (Jack)
- 691-695 An analysis of the impact of the Strengthening Families Program on family reunification in child welfare
by Brook, Jody & McDonald, Thomas P. & Yan, Yueqi
- 696-703 Facilitating mental health service use for caregivers: Referral strategies among child welfare caseworkers
by Bunger, Alicia C. & Chuang, Emmeline & McBeath, Bowen
- 704-712 Political knowledge, attitudes and values among Palestinian and Jewish youth in Israel: The role of nationality, gender and religiosity
by Attar-Schwartz, Shalhevet & Ben-Arieh, Asher
- 713-724 Low income families' utilization of the Federal “Safety Net”: Individual and state-level predictors of TANF and Food Stamp receipt
by Purtell, Kelly M. & Gershoff, Elizabeth T. & Aber, J. Lawrence
- 725-734 ‘Working with vulnerable children’: Listening to the views of the service providers working with street children in Istanbul
by Bademci, H. Özden
- 735-739 Youth workers in college: A replicable model for professional development
by Shockley, Carrie & Thompson, Ashleigh
- 740-747 Neighborhood effects on working mothers' child care arrangements
by Liu, Meirong & Anderson, Steven G.
- 748-757 The data behind the dissemination: A systematic review of trauma-focused cognitive behavioral therapy for use with children and youth
by Cary, Colleen E. & McMillen, J. Curtis
- 758-770 Effectiveness of support services for children and young people with challenging behaviours related to or secondary to disability, who are in out-of-home care: A systematic review
by Ziviani, Jenny & Feeney, Rachel & Cuskelly, Monica & Meredith, Pamela & Hunt, Kathryn
- 771-782 School readiness among children of immigrants in the US: Evidence from a large national birth cohort study
by Han, Wen-Jui & Lee, RaeHyuck & Waldfogel, Jane
- 783-789 Relationship between discordance in parental monitoring and behavioral problems among Chilean adolescents
by Han, Yoonsun & Grogan-Kaylor, Andrew & Bares, Cristina & Ma, Julie & Castillo, Marcela & Delva, Jorge
- 790-797 How child welfare workers perceive their work with undocumented immigrant families: An explorative study of challenges and coping strategies
by Križ, Katrin & Skivenes, Marit
- 798-806 Early childhood care and education attendance in Central Asia
by Habibov, Nazim
- 807-813 Children who run away from foster care: Who are the children and what are the risk factors?
by Lin, Ching-Hsuan
- 814-825 Material hardship and child socioemotional behaviors: Differences by types of hardship, timing, and duration
by Zilanawala, Afshin & Pilkauskas, Natasha V.
- 826-833 A comparative review of “how to” books for parents of ADHD children and “how to” books for parents of typical children
by Pajo, Bora & Stuart, Paul H.
- 834-837 The relationship between the cyberbullying/cybervictmization and loneliness among adolescents
by ŞAHİN, Mustafa
- 838-844 Linking infants and toddlers in foster care to early childhood mental health services
by Williams, Marian E. & Park, Susan & Anaya, Adriana & Perugini, Sharon M. & Rao, Sheela & Neece, Cameron L. & Rafeedie, Jennifer
- 845-850 Expediting permanent placement from foster care systems: The role of family group decision-making
by Wang, Eugene W. & Lambert, Matthew C. & Johnson, Leah E. & Boudreau, Brock & Breidenbach, Rebecca & Baumann, Donald
- 851-858 An organizational view of privatization: Is the private foster care agency superior to the public foster care agency?
by Steen, Julie A. & Smith, Sarahlin
- 859-864 Nonmedical use of prescription medications: A longitudinal analysis with adolescents involved in child welfare
by Cheng, Tyrone C. & Lo, Celia C.
2012, Volume 34, Issue 3