Children and Youth Services Review
2007, Volume 29, Issue 9
- 1158-1178 Resilience of youth in transition from out-of-home care to adulthood
by Daining, Clara & DePanfilis, Diane
- 1179-1188 A procedure for assessing parents' capacity for change in child protection cases
by Harnett, Paul H.
- 1189-1200 Client feedback in child welfare programs: Current trends and future directions
by Baker, Amy J.L.
- 1201-1219 "Caught" versus "Taught": Ethnic identity and the ethnic socialization experiences of African American adolescents in kinship and non-kinship foster placements
by Schwartz, Ann
- 1220-1234 Mental health needs of urban children
by Mennen, Ferol E. & Trickett, Penelope K.
- 1235-1248 Fostering children with disabilities: A concept map of parent needs
by Brown, Jason
- 1249-1266 Parental work schedules, family process, and early adolescents' risky behavior
by Han, Wen-Jui & Waldfogel, Jane
2007, Volume 29, Issue 8
- 973-987 The take-up of cash assistance among private kinship care families
by Sheran, Michelle & Swann, Christopher A.
- 988-1009 Changes in family functioning and child behavior following intensive in-home therapy
by Barth, Richard P. & Greeson, Johanna K.P. & Guo, Shenyang & Green, Rebecca L. & Hurley, Sarah & Sisson, Jocelyn
- 1010-1020 Foster parent perceptions of placement success
by Brown, Jason D. & Campbell, Melissa
- 1021-1034 An evaluation of recovery factors for foster care alumni with physical or psychiatric impairments: Predictors of psychological outcomes
by Anctil, Tina M. & McCubbin, Laurie D. & O'Brien, Kirk & Pecora, Peter
- 1035-1050 Maltreatment and delinquency: Investigating child welfare bias in juvenile justice processing
by Ryan, Joseph P. & Herz, Denise & Hernandez, Pedro M. & Marshall, Jane Marie
- 1051-1069 Medication assisted drug treatment and child well-being
by Lundgren, Lena M. & Fitzgerald, Therese & Young, Nancy & Amodeo, Maryann & Schilling, Robert F.
- 1070-1084 Adoption of children and the contribution of the Osu Children's Home in Ghana
by Akpalu, Delali A.
- 1085-1101 "Tomorrow is another problem": The experiences of youth in foster care during their transition into adulthood
by Geenen, Sarah & Powers, Laurie E.
- 1102-1113 Predictors of successful permanency planning and length of stay in foster care: The role of race, diagnosis and place of residence
by Becker, Marion A. & Jordan, Neil & Larsen, Rebecca
- 1114-1128 Children and youth at risk in Israel: Findings and recommendations to improve their well-being
by Schmid, Hillel
2007, Volume 29, Issue 7
- 823-839 Can cognitive-behavioral therapy increase self-esteem among depressed adolescents? A systematic review
by Taylor, Tatiana L. & Montgomery, Paul
- 840-855 Pathways Teen Mother Support Project: Longitudinal findings
by McDonell, James R. & Limber, Susan P. & Connor-Godbey, Jennifer
- 856-869 Abuse type and substantiation status varying by recurrence
by Bae, Hwa-Ok & Solomon, Phyllis L. & Gelles, Richard J.
- 870-882 Predisposition to seek mental health care among Black males transitioning from foster care
by Scott Jr., Lionel D. & Munson, Michelle R. & McMillen, J. Curtis & Snowden, Lonnie R.
- 883-899 Prevalence and predictors of emotional and behavioral problems reported by teachers among institutionally reared children and adolescents in Turkish orphanages compared with community controls
by Simsek, Zeynep & Erol, Nese & Oztop, Didem & Munir, Kerim
- 900-911 Markov forecasting methods for welfare caseloads
by Grogger, Jeffrey
- 912-932 Children in no-parent households: The continuity of arrangements and the composition of households
by Hynes, Kathryn & Dunifon, Rachel
- 933-940 Foster care placement among children who received inpatient psychiatric care
by Park, Jung Min & Solomon, Phyllis & Mandell, David S.
- 941-960 The unique impact of out-of-home placement and the mediating effects of child maltreatment and homelessness on early school success
by Fantuzzo, John & Perlman, Staci
- 961-971 Assessing child exposure to adult domestic violence
by Edleson, Jeffrey L. & Ellerton, Amanda L. & Seagren, Ellen A. & Kirchberg, Staci L. & Schmidt, Sarah O. & Ambrose, Amirthini T.
2007, Volume 29, Issue 6
- 693-697 How are children and families faring a decade after welfare reform? Evidence from five non-experimental panel studies
by Slack, Kristen Shook & Magnuson, Katherine A. & Berger, Lawrence M.
- 698-720 Family economic well-being following the 1996 welfare reform: Trend data from five non-experimental panel studies
by Slack, Kristen Shook & Magnuson, Katherine A. & Berger, Lawrence M. & Yoo, Joan & Coley, Rebekah Levine & Dunifon, Rachel & Dworsky, Amy & Kalil, Ariel & Knab, Jean & Lohman, Brenda J. & Osborne, Cynthia
- 721-741 Maternal functioning, time, and money: The world of work and welfare
by Coley, Rebekah Levine & Lohman, Brenda J. & Votruba-Drzal, Elizabeth & Pittman, Laura D. & Chase-Lansdale, P. Lindsay
- 742-761 Maternal work and welfare use and child well-being: Evidence from 6 years of data from the Women's Employment Study
by Kalil, Ariel & Dunifon, Rachel
- 762-781 Work, welfare, and young children's health and behavior in the Fragile Families and Child Wellbeing Study
by Osborne, Cynthia & Knab, Jean
- 782-801 Welfare, work, and health care access predictors of low-income children's physical health outcomes
by Slack, Kristen Shook & Holl, Jane L. & Yoo, Joan & Amsden, Laura B. & Collins, Emily & Bolger, Kerry
- 802-820 Child, parent, and family predictors of child welfare services involvement among TANF applicant families
by Dworsky, Amy & Courtney, Mark E. & Zinn, Andrew
2007, Volume 29, Issue 5
- 545-556 Multi-level influences on the practice of inter-agency collaboration in child welfare and substance abuse treatment
by Smith, Brenda D. & Mogro-Wilson, Cristina
- 557-571 Dating violence among emancipating foster youth
by Jonson-Reid, Melissa & Scott, Lionel Jr. & McMillen, J. Curtis & Edmond, Tonya
- 572-587 Barriers to employment among out-of-school youth
by Miller, Cynthia & Porter, Kristin E.
- 588-599 Length of service for foster parents: Using administrative data to understand retention
by Gibbs, Deborah & Wildfire, Judith
- 600-617 Burning "Centre Bolt": Experiences of sexually transmitted infections and health care seeking behaviour described by street boys in Urban Kenya
by Kaime-Atterhog, Wanjiku & Lindmark, Gunilla & Persson, Lars-Ake & Ahlberg, Beth Maina
- 618-636 Child welfare and the civic minimum
by Beem, Christopher
- 637-654 High-risk youth transitions to adulthood: A longitudinal view of youth leaving the residential education in Finland
by Jahnukainen, Markku
- 655-671 Self-perceptions of fulfilling the foster caregiver role: A preliminary analysis
by Cole, Susan A. & Eamon, Mary Keegan
- 672-691 The Assessment Checklist for Children -- ACC: A behavioral rating scale for children in foster, kinship and residential care
by Tarren-Sweeney, Michael
2007, Volume 29, Issue 4
- 405-427 Helping maltreated children to find their Ibasho: Japanese perspectives on supporting the well-being of children in state care
by Bamba, Sachiko & Haight, Wendy L.
- 428-441 Caregiving grandmothers with vs. without child welfare system involvement: Effects of expressed need, formal services, and informal social support on caregiver burden
by Goodman, Catherine Chase & Potts, Marilyn Kay & Pasztor, Eileen Mayers
- 442-459 Foster parents in Multidimensional Treatment Foster Care: How do they deal with implementing standardized treatment components?
by Kyhle Westermark, Pia & Hansson, Kjell & Vinnerljung, Bo
- 460-473 Does substance abuse treatment make a difference for child welfare case outcomes? A statewide longitudinal analysis
by Green, Beth L. & Rockhill, Anna & Furrer, Carrie
- 474-489 The quality of work life of child protective investigators: A comparison of two work environments
by Cohen, Burton J. & Kinnevy, Susan C. & Dichter, Melissa E.
- 490-500 Assessment of intimate partner violence by child welfare services
by Hazen, Andrea L. & Connelly, Cynthia D. & Edleson, Jeffrey L. & Kelleher, Kelly J. & Landverk, John A. & Coben, Jeffrey H. & Barth, Richard P. & McGeehan, Jennifer & Rolls, Jennifer A. & Nuszkowski, Melanie A.
- 501-517 Effects of WIC and Food Stamp Program participation on child outcomes
by Lee, Bong Joo & Mackey-Bilaver, Lucy
- 518-544 Service use after court involvement in a sample of serious adolescent offenders
by Mulvey, Edward P. & Schubert, Carol A. & Chung, He Len
2007, Volume 29, Issue 3
- 283-293 Smoke-free world for children's welfare: Perceptions of smoking in preadolescence
by Bak, Judit & Piko, Bettina
- 294-312 School-based children's saving accounts for college: The I Can Save program
by Sherraden, Margaret S. & Johnson, Lissa & Elliott III, William & Porterfield, Shirley & Rainford, William
- 313-328 Improving health services for foster youth: Multidisciplinary and multistakeholder perspectives and recommendations
by Schneiderman, Janet U. & Brooks, Devon & Facher, Barbara & Amis, Jennifer
- 329-347 Informal and formal supports and maternal child-rearing practices in at-risk and non at-risk psychosocial contexts
by Rodrigo, Maria Jose & Martin, Juan Carlos & Maiquez, Maria Luisa & Rodriguez, Guacimara
- 348-362 Research on the caretaking of children of incarcerated parents: Findings and their service delivery implications
by Hanlon, Thomas E. & Carswell, Steven B. & Rose, Marc
- 363-382 School performance trajectories after the advent of reported maltreatment
by Leiter, Jeffrey
- 383-404 Feasibility of a randomized controlled trial for evaluating the effectiveness of the Big Brothers Big Sisters community match program at the national level
by De Wit, David J. & Lipman, Ellen & Manzano-Munguia, Maria & Bisanz, Jeffrey & Graham, Kathryn & Offord, David R. & O'Neill, Elizabeth & Pepler, Deborah & Shaver, Karen
2007, Volume 29, Issue 2
- 139-161 Child maltreatment, out-of-home placement and academic vulnerability: A fifteen-year review of evidence and future directions
by Stone, Susan
- 162-179 An evaluation of post-adoption services
by Dhami, Mandeep K. & Mandel, David R. & Sothmann, Katy
- 180-192 Child protection in Stockholm: A local cohort study on childhood prevalence of investigations and service delivery
by Sundell, Knut & Vinnerljung, Bo & Andree Lofholm, Cecilia & Humlesjo, Eva
- 193-215 Maternal welfare and employment experiences and adolescent well-being: Do mothers' human capital characteristics matter?
by Coley, Rebekah Levine & Bachman, Heather J. & Votruba-Drzal, Elizabeth & Lohman, Brenda J. & Li-Grining, Christine P.
- 216-225 Relationship between type of placement and competencies and problem behavior of adolescents in long-term foster care
by Marinkovic, Jelena A. & Backovic, Dusan
- 226-246 Capturing caregiver data: An examination of kinship care custodial arrangements
by Strozier, Anne L. & Krisman, Kerry
- 247-263 Predicting the effectiveness of the Home-Start parenting support program
by Asscher, Jessica J. & Hermanns, Jo M.A & Dekovic, Maja & Reitz, Ellen
- 264-281 A qualitative study of 369 child welfare professionals' perspectives about factors contributing to employee retention and turnover
by Ellett, Alberta J. & Ellis, Jacquelyn I. & Westbrook, Tonya M. & Dews, Denise'
2007, Volume 29, Issue 1
- 1-15 A child's-eye view of parent methamphetamine abuse: Implications for helping foster families to succeed
by Haight, Wendy & Ostler, Teresa & Black, James & Sheridan, Kathryn & Kingery, Linda
- 16-34 Stories of working with homeless youth: On being "mind-boggling"
by Kidd, Sean A. & Miner, Susan & Walker, Diana & Davidson, Larry
- 35-52 Predictors of early childbearing: Evidence from the Chicago longitudinal study
by Mersky, Joshua P. & Reynolds, Arthur J.
- 53-76 Disruptions in foster care: A review and meta-analysis
by Oosterman, Mirjam & Schuengel, Carlo & Wim Slot, N. & Bullens, Ruud A.R. & Doreleijers, Theo A.H.
- 77-91 Institutionalizing the "Child Welfare" state: A study of the development of Alabama's child welfare system, 1887-1931
by Burson, Ike
- 92-109 Kinship foster parents' perceptions of factors that promote or inhibit successful fostering
by Coakley, Tanya M. & Cuddeback, Gary & Buehler, Cheryl & Cox, Mary Ellen
- 110-121 Exploring the risks of substantiated physical neglect related to poverty and parental characteristics: A national sample
by Carter, Vernon & Myers, Miranda R.
- 122-137 Research on placement moves: Seeking the perspective of foster children
by Unrau, Yvonne A.
2006, Volume 28, Issue 12
- 1415-1434 From the child's perspective: A qualitative analysis of kinship care placements
by Messing, Jill Theresa
- 1435-1448 Independent living programs for young people leaving the care system: The state of the evidence
by Montgomery, Paul & Donkoh, Charles & Underhill, Kristen
- 1449-1458 Using sibling data to understand the impact of family group decision-making on child welfare outcomes
by Berzin, Stephanie Cosner
- 1459-1481 Educational and employment outcomes of adults formerly placed in foster care: Results from the Northwest Foster Care Alumni Study
by Pecora, Peter J. & Kessler, Ronald C. & O'Brien, Kirk & White, Catherine Roller & Williams, Jason & Hiripi, Eva & English, Diana & White, James & Herrick, Mary Anne
- 1482-1496 Effects of Medicaid managed care policies on mental health service use among a national probability sample of children in the child welfare system
by Raghavan, Ramesh & Leibowitz, Arleen A. & Andersen, Ronald M. & Zima, Bonnie T. & Schuster, Mark A. & Landsverk, John
- 1497-1511 Foster parent perceptions of placement breakdown
by Brown, Jason D. & Bednar, Lisa M.
- 1512-1527 Comparative analysis of faith-based programs serving homeless and street-living youth in Los Angeles, Mumbai and Nairobi
by Ferguson, Kristin M. & Dabir, Neela & Dortzbach, Karl & Dyrness, Grace & Spruijt-Metz, Donna
- 1528-1541 Childhood abuse and psychiatric impairment in a sample of welfare to work women
by Gorske, Tad T. & Larkby, Cynthia & Daley, Dennis C. & Yenerall, Eric & Morrow, Lisa A.
2006, Volume 28, Issue 11
- 1273-1292 Welfare reform and child well-being
by Dunifon, Rachel & Hynes, Kathryn & Peters, H. Elizabeth
- 1293-1311 The Help with Fostering Inventory
by Orme, John G. & Cherry, Donna J. & Rhodes, Kathryn W.
- 1312-1328 Awareness and detection of the co-occurrence of interparental violence and child abuse: Child welfare worker's perspective
by Bourassa, Chantal & Lavergne, Chantal & Damant, Dominique & Lessard, Genevieve & Turcotte, Pierre
- 1329-1343 Web-based training for foster, adoptive, and kinship parents
by Pacifici, Caesar & Delaney, Richard & White, Lee & Nelson, Carol & Cummings, Kelli
- 1344-1358 Can the corporate state parent?
by Bullock, Roger & Courtney, Mark E. & Parker, Roy & Sinclair, Ian & Thoburn, June
- 1359-1374 Continuity of activities and child well-being for foster care youth
by Fong, Rowena & Schwab, James & Armour, Marilyn
- 1375-1390 Reentry into the foster care system after reunification
by Shaw, Terry V.
- 1391-1408 Modeling behavioral problems of children in the child welfare system: Caregiver, youth, and teacher perceptions
by Rosenthal, James A. & Curiel, Herman F.
2006, Volume 28, Issue 10
- 1135-1151 Children aged 0-13 at risk of social exclusion: Impact of government policy in England and Wales
by Buchanan, A.
- 1152-1168 Residential education: Examining a new approach for improving outcomes for foster youth
by Jones, Loring & Lansdverk, John
- 1169-1180 Relationship of prior custody loss to maternal-fetal bonding in a subsequent pregnancy
by Lewis, Marilyn W.
- 1181-1194 Managing child welfare agencies: What do we know about what works?
by Wells, Rebecca
- 1195-1212 Understanding maternal intentions to engage in home visiting programs
by McCurdy, Karen & Daro, Deborah & Anisfeld, Elizabeth & Katzev, Aphra & Keim, Ann & LeCroy, Craig & McAfee, Courtney & Nelson, Carnot & Falconnier, Lydia & McGuigan, William M. & Park, Jennifer K. & Sandy, James & Winje, Carolyn
- 1213-1228 Does the child welfare system serve the neediest kinship care families?
by Swann, Christopher A. & Sylvester, Michelle Sheran
- 1229-1250 Does it pay to participate? Neighborhood-based organizations and the social development of urban adolescents
by Quane, James M. & Rankin, Bruce H.
- 1251-1261 Child health and academic achievement among former head start children
by Spernak, Stephanie M. & Schottenbauer, Michele A. & Ramey, Sharon L. & Ramey, Craig T.
2006, Volume 28, Issue 9
- 993-1006 Investigating the effects of caseworker characteristics in child welfare
by Ryan, Joseph P. & Garnier, Philip & Zyphur, Michael & Zhai, Fuhua
- 1007-1023 From start to finish: The duration of Hispanic children in out-of home placements
by Church II, Wesley T.
- 1024-1038 Factors favoring psychological resilience among fostered young people
by Legault, Louise & Anawati, Michelle & Flynn, Robert
- 1039-1059 Maternal work schedules and child outcomes: Evidence from the National Survey of American Families
by Han, Wen-Jui
- 1060-1073 Adolescents' approach toward children rights: Comparison between Jewish and Palestinian children from Israel and the Palestinian Authority
by Khoury-Kassabri, Mona & Haj-Yahia, Muhammad M. & Ben-Arieh, Asher
- 1074-1087 Integrated services for families with multiple problems: Obstacles to family reunification
by Marsh, Jeanne C. & Ryan, Joseph P. & Choi, Sam & Testa, Mark F.
- 1088-1101 Troubled youth in transition: An evaluation of Connecticut's special services for individuals aging out of adolescent mental health programs
by Styron, Thomas H. & O'Connell, Maria & Smalley, William & Rau, Douglas & Shahar, Golan & Sells, David & Frey, Jennifer & Davidson, Larry
- 1102-1123 Are certain preschoolers at risk in the era of welfare reform? The moderating role of children's temperament
by Li-Grining, Christine P. & Votruba-Drzal, Elizabeth & Bachman, Heather J. & Chase-Lansdale, P. Lindsay
- 1124-1132 Post-battle skirmish in the risk assessment wars: Rebuttal to the response of Baumann and colleagues to criticism of their paper, "Evaluating the effectiveness of actuarial risk assessment models"
by Johnson, Will
2006, Volume 28, Issue 8
- 867-887 Validation of the child behavior checklist for guardians of unaccompanied refugee minors
by Bean, Tammy & Mooijart, Ab & Eurelings-Bontekoe, Elisabeth & Spinhoven, Philip
- 888-905 The history of child protection in the African American community: Implications for current child welfare policies
by Jimenez, Jillian
- 906-926 What do university students who will work professionally with children know about maltreatment and mandated reporting?
by Smith, Maureen
- 927-940 Child care for low-income school-age children: Disability and family structure effects in a national sample
by Parish, Susan L. & Cloud, Jennifer M.
- 941-960 Welfare reform and child welfare outcomes: A multiple-cohort study
by Wells, Kathleen & Guo, Shenyang
- 961-975 Assets, parental expectations and involvement, and children's educational performance
by Zhan, Min
- 976-992 `Every Child Matters': The shift to prevention whilst strengthening protection in children's services in England
by Parton, Nigel
2006, Volume 28, Issue 7
- 727-740 Attachment and caregiving behavioral systems in intercountry adoption: A literature review
by Roberson, Kendra C.
- 741-760 The meaning of permanency in child welfare: Multiple stakeholder perspectives
by Freundlich, Madelyn & Avery, Rosemary Jane & Munson, Sara & Gerstenzang, Sarah
- 761-779 Externalizing behavior disorders in child welfare settings: Definition, prevalence, and implications for assessment and treatment
by Keil, Vivien & Price, Joseph M.
- 780-798 Leaving foster care--the influence of child and case characteristics on foster care exit rates
by Connell, Christian M. & Katz, Karol H. & Saunders, Leon & Tebes, Jacob Kraemer
- 799-811 Is the study of the "State of our children" changing? Re-visiting after 5 years
by Ben-Arieh, Asher
- 812-824 Effective intervention in child protective services: Learning from parents
by Palmer, Sally & Maiter, Sarah & Manji, Shehenaz
- 825-840 Adoption satisfaction among African-American families adopting African-American children
by Smith-McKeever, Chedgzsey
- 841-852 Is survival the fittest? A post hoc evaluation of event history estimations in an experimental design
by Shlonsky, Aron & Festinger, Trudy & Brookhart, M. Alan
2006, Volume 28, Issue 6
- 595-609 Children's access to four medical services: Impact of welfare policies, social structural factors, and family resources
by Cheng, Tyrone
- 610-619 Balancing act: Child welfare and overindulgence
by Ogilvie, A. Myrth
- 620-637 Supporting battered women and their children: Perspectives of battered mothers and child welfare professionals
by Shim, Woochan S. & Haight, Wendy L.
- 638-653 Educating future practitioners of social work and law: Exploring the origins of inter-professional misunderstanding
by Taylor, Sarah
- 654-672 Clinical work with antisocial behaviour in boys: Narrative interviews with clinical teams in Swedish child- and adolescent psychiatry
by Enebrink, Pia & Cederborg, Ann-Christin & Carlqvist, Monica Ryd & Gumpert, Clara H.
- 673-681 Stress, marital satisfaction, and child care provision by mothers of adolescent mothers: Considerations to make when providing services
by Culp, Anne McDonald & Culp, Rex E. & Noland, Deena & Anderson, Julius W.
- 682-703 Justice, therapeutic and hybrids and implications for children's rights: A review of state policy
by Bollenbacher, Vicky & Sakagawa, Taina
- 704-714 The risk assessment wars: A commentary: Response to "Evaluating the effectiveness of actuarial risk assessment models" by Donald Baumann, J. Randolph Law, Janess Sheets, Grant Reid, and J. Christopher Graham, Children and Youth Services Review, 27, pp. 465-490
by Johnson, Will
- 715-725 Remarks concerning the importance of evaluating actuarial risk assessment models: A rejoinder to Will Johnson
by Baumann, Donald J. & Law, J. Randolph & Sheets, Janess & Reid, Grant & Graham, J. Christopher
2006, Volume 28, Issue 5
- 473-486 Functional impairment among preschoolers using mental health services
by Warner, Lynn A. & Pottick, Kathleen J.
- 487-510 Adolescent adoption: Success despite challenges
by Wright, Lois & Flynn, Cynthia C.
- 511-534 Conditions for resolving controversies between social actors in domestic violence and youth protection services: Toward innovative collaborative practices
by Lessard, Genevieve & Lavergne, Chantal & Chamberland, Claire & Damant, Dominique & Turcotte, Daniel
- 535-547 Korean institutionalized adolescents' attributions of success and failure in interpersonal relations and perceived loneliness
by Han, Eugene & Choi, Naya
- 548-577 Why do they leave? Modeling child welfare workers' turnover intentions
by Mor Barak, Michalle E. & Levin, Amy & Nissly, Jan A. & Lane, Christianne J.
2006, Volume 28, Issue 4
- 357-383 Propensity score matching strategies for evaluating substance abuse services for child welfare clients
by Guo, Shenyang & Barth, Richard P. & Gibbons, Claire
- 384-395 Adjustment of international adoptees: Implications for practice and a future research agenda
by Mohanty, Jayashree & Newhill, Christina
- 396-421 Parental and familial characteristics used in the selection of foster families
by Orme, John G. & Buehler, Cheryl & Rhodes, Kathryn W. & Cox, Mary Ellen & McSurdy, Michael & Cuddeback, Gary
- 422-434 Young people aging out of care: The poverty of theory
by Stein, Mike
- 435-446 Between two systems: Children in TANF child-only cases with relative caregivers
by Gibbs, Deborah & Kasten, Jennifer & Bir, Anupa & Duncan, Dean & Hoover, Sonja
- 447-457 Methodological critique and meta-analysis as Trojan horse
by Henggeler, Scott W. & Schoenwald, Sonja K. & Borduin, Charles M. & Swenson, Cynthia C.
- 458-472 The case for Multisystemic Therapy: Evidence or orthodoxy?
by Littell, Julia H.
2006, Volume 28, Issue 3
- 235-259 Employment experiences of homeless young adults: Are they different for youth with a history of foster care?
by Lenz-Rashid, Sonja
- 260-274 Trouble on the journey home: Reunification failures in foster care
by Miller, Keith A. & Fisher, Philip A. & Fetrow, Becky & Jordan, Kathy
- 275-291 Satisfaction of contract provider agencies with a State's Child Welfare Agency
by Barton, William H. & Folaron, Gail & Busch, Monique & Hostetter, Carol
- 292-305 Permanency for children: An organizational analysis of first year start-up issues in a child welfare managed care organization
by Lawrence-Webb, Claudia & Field, Tracey & Harrington, Donna
- 306-324 In the eye of the beholder: The role of reporters in bringing families to the attention of child protective services
by McDaniel, Marla
- 325-345 Review of a community-based youth counselling service in Ireland
by Lalor, Kevin & O'Dwyer, Sinead & McCrann, Denis
2006, Volume 28, Issue 2
- 113-132 Impact of the Adoption and Safe Families Act on youth and their families: Perspectives of foster care providers, youth with emotional disorders, service providers, and judges
by Humphrey, Kristen R. & Turnbull, Ann P. & Turnbull III, H. Rutherford
- 133-157 Functioning of Israeli group-homes alumni: Exploring gender differences and in-care correlates
by Schiff, Miriam & Benbenishty, Rami
- 158-179 Children living out-of-home: Effects of family and environmental characteristics
by Berger, Lawrence M.
- 180-192 Including parents, foster parents and parenting caregivers in the assessments and interventions of young children placed in the foster care system
by Robertson, Anne S.
- 193-211 Saving and asset accumulation among low-income families with children in IDAs
by Grinstein-Weiss, Michal & Wagner, Kristen & Ssewamala, Fred M.
- 212-226 Interstate compact--a resource for meeting the needs of children: Implications for service delivery and policy development
by Lawrence-Webb, Claudia & Cornelius, Llewellyn J.
2006, Volume 28, Issue 1
- 1-19 Challenging foster caregiver-maltreated child relationships: The effectiveness of parent-child interaction therapy
by Timmer, Susan G. & Urquiza, Anthony J. & Zebell, Nancy
- 20-46 An Ojibwe perspective on the welfare of children: Lessons of the past and visions for the future
by Hand, Carol A.
- 47-58 Balancing reunification and reentry goals
by McDonald, Tom & Bryson, Stephanie & Poertner, John
- 59-77 Former Stockholm child protection cases as young adults: Do outcomes differ between those that received services and those that did not?
by Vinnerljung, Bo & Sundell, Knut & Lofholm, Cecilia Andree & Humlesjo, Eva
- 78-95 Concurrent planning in public child welfare agencies: Oxymoron or work in progress?
by D'Andrade, Amy & Frame, Laura & Duerr Berrick, Jill
2005, Volume 27, Issue 12
- 1259-1278 Parents in substance abuse treatment: Implications for child welfare practice
by Marsh, Jeanne C. & Cao, Dingcai
- 1279-1292 Maybe ignorance is not always bliss: The disparate treatment of Hispanics within the child welfare system
by Church II, Wesley T. & Gross, Emma R. & Baldwin, Joshua
- 1293-1306 Child safety at reunification: A case-control study of maltreatment recurrence following return home from substitute care
by Fuller, Tamara L.
- 1307-1323 Focus on the first years: Correlates of substantiation of child maltreatment for families with children 0 to 4
by Scannapieco, Maria & Connell-Carrick, Kelli
- 1325-1328 Response to Thomas Morton in Children and Youth Services Review (Vol. 26, No. 6, pp. 609-611, 2004), regarding Puddy and Jackson's "The Development of Parenting Skills in Foster Parent Training" (Children and Youth Services Review Vol. 25, No. 12, pp. 987-1013, 2003)
by Puddy, Richard W. & Jackson, Yo
2005, Volume 27, Issue 11
- 1163-1166 The changing lens of research on family violence and child welfare
by Kelleher, Kelly J. & Barth, Richard P. & Edleson, Jeffrey L.
- 1167-1182 Domestic violence and pathways into child welfare services: Findings from the National Survey of Child and Adolescent Well-Being
by Kohl, Patricia L. & Edleson, Jeffrey L. & English, Diana J. & Barth, Richard P.
- 1183-1201 Domestic violence in one state's child protective caseload: A study of differential case dispositions and outcomes
by English, Diana J. & Edleson, Jeffrey L. & Herrick, Mary E.
- 1203-1221 Child welfare as a gateway to domestic violence services
by Kohl, Patricia L. & Barth, Richard P. & Hazen, Andrea L. & Landsverk, John A.
- 1223-1242 Intimate partner violence as a risk factor for children's use of the emergency room and injuries
by Casanueva, Cecilia & Foshee, Vangie A. & Barth, Richard P.
- 1243-1258 Overview of the children and domestic violence services study
by Smith, Kevin C. & Kelleher, Kelly J. & Barth, Richard P. & Coben, Jeffrey H. & Hazen, Andrea L. & Connelly, Cynthia D. & Rolls, Jennifer A.
2005, Volume 27, Issue 10
- 1071-1083 Need for and actual use of mental health service by adolescents in the child welfare system
by Shin, Sunny Hyucksun
- 1085-1118 The economic self-sufficiency of Wisconsin's former foster youth
by Dworsky, Amy
- 1119-1148 Which low-income parents select child-care?: Family demand and neighborhood organizations
by Hirshberg, Diane & Huang, Danny Shih-Cheng & Fuller, Bruce
- 1149-1162 Youth participation in public policy at the municipal level
by Checkoway, Barry & Allison, Tanene & Montoya, Colleen
2005, Volume 27, Issue 9
- 979-994 Factors relating to self-identification among bullying victims
by Theriot, Matthew T. & Dulmus, Catherine N. & Sowers, Karen M. & Johnson, Toni K.
- 995-1010 Crisis nurseries: Important services in a system of care for families and children
by Cole, Susan A. & Wehrmann, Kathryn Conley & Dewar, Ginny & Swinford, Laura
- 1011-1029 Kinship care connection: A school-based intervention for kinship caregivers and the children in their care
by Strozier, Anne & McGrew, LaSandra & Krisman, Kerry & Smith, Aaron
- 1031-1044 A comparison of family functioning in gay/lesbian, heterosexual and special needs adoptions
by Leung, Patrick & Erich, Stephen & Kanenberg, Heather
- 1045-1059 Working with adolescents at risk of out of home care: The effectiveness of specialist teams
by Biehal, Nina
2005, Volume 27, Issue 8
- 865-880 Professionalizing child welfare: An evaluation of a clinical consultation model for supervisors
by Strand, Virginia C. & Badger, Lee
- 881-904 Young caregivers of mothers with HIV: Need for supports
by Keigher, Sharon & Zabler, Bev & Robinson, Nicole & Fernandez, Angela & Stevens, Patricia E.
- 905-919 Child care, disability, and family structure: Use and quality in a population-based sample of low-income preschool children
by Parish, Susan L. & Cloud, Jennifer M. & Huh, Jungwon & Henning, Ashley N.
- 921-930 Initial internal consistency evidence on the Daniel Memorial Independent Living Assessment: A research note
by Georgiades, Savvas
- 931-948 Training, transfer, and turnover: Exploring the relationship among transfer of learning factors and staff retention in child welfare
by Curry, Dale & McCarragher, Timothy & Dellmann-Jenkins, Mary
- 949-971 "In these bleak days": Parent methamphetamine abuse and child welfare in the rural Midwest
by Haight, Wendy & Jacobsen, Teresa & Black, James & Kingery, Linda & Sheridan, Kathryn & Mulder, Cray
2005, Volume 27, Issue 7
- 693-695 Siblings in Foster Care
by Shlonsky, Aron & Elkins, Jennifer & Bellamy, Jennifer & Ashare, Caryn J.
- 697-716 The other kin: Setting the course for research, policy, and practice with siblings in foster care
by Shlonsky, Aron & Bellamy, Jennifer & Elkins, Jennifer & Ashare, Caryn J.
- 717-739 Sibling placement in foster care and adoption: An overview of international research
by Hegar, Rebecca L.
- 741-763 Sibling placements in longitudinal perspective
by Wulczyn, Fred & Zimmerman, Emily
- 765-782 The ties that bind II: Reunification for siblings in out-of-home care using a statistical technique for examining non-independent observations
by Webster, Daniel & Shlonsky, Aron & Shaw, Terry & Brookhart, M. Alan
- 783-791 Using administrative child welfare data to identify sibling groups
by Lery, Bridgette & Shaw, Terry V. & Magruder, Joseph
- 793-819 Separation from siblings: Associations with placement adaptation and outcomes among adolescents in long-term foster care
by Leathers, Sonya J.
- 821-843 The mental health and socialization of siblings in care
by Tarren-Sweeney, Michael & Hazell, Philip
- 845-861 Sibling connections: The importance of nurturing sibling bonds in the foster care system
by Herrick, Mary Anne & Piccus, Wendy
2005, Volume 27, Issue 6
- 577-593 Informed decisions in child welfare: The use of attachment theory
by Mennen, Ferol E. & O'Keefe, Maura
- 595-614 True ambivalence: Child welfare workers' thoughts, feelings, and beliefs about kinship foster care
by Peters, Jay
- 615-635 Evaluating family preservation services: Reframing the question of effectiveness
by Bagdasaryan, Sofya
- 637-652 Analyzing grouped data with hierarchical linear modeling
by Guo, Shenyang
- 653-666 Reforming the child welfare system: Competing paradigms of change
by Cohen, Burton J.