Citations for "The value of reducing risks of death: A note on new evidence"
by Ann Fisher & Lauraine G. Chestnut & Daniel M. Violette
- Henrik Hammar & Olof Johansson-Stenman, 2004.
"The value of risk-free cigarettes - do smokers underestimate the risk?,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(1), pages 59-71.
- Hammar, Henrik & Johansson-Stenman, Olof, 2001. "The Value Of Risk - Free Cigarettes - Do Smokers Underestimate The Risk?," Working Papers in Economics 61, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Doucouliagos, Chris & Stanley, T.D. & Giles, Margaret, 2012.
"Are estimates of the value of a statistical life exaggerated?,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 197-206.
- Hristos Doucouliagos & T.D. Stanley & Margaret Giles, 2011. "Are Estimates of the Value of a Statistical Life Exaggerated?," Economics Series 2011_2, Deakin University, Faculty of Business and Law, School of Accounting, Economics and Finance.
- Fisher, Ann, 1999. "A Perspective on Valuing Changes in Health Risk," Research Reports 25197, University of Connecticut, Food Marketing Policy Center.
- Johannesson, Magnus & O'Conor, Richard M., 1997. "Cost-utility analysis from a societal perspective," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 241-253, March.
- Cropper, Maureen L & Oates, Wallace E, 1992. "Environmental Economics: A Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 30(2), pages 675-740, June.
- Bowland, Bradley J. & Beghin, John C., 2001.
"Robust estimates of value of a statistical life for developing economies,"
Journal of Policy Modeling,
Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 385-396, May.
- Bowland, Brad J. & Beghin, John C., 2001. "Robust Estimates of Value of a Statistical Life for Developing Economies," Staff General Research Papers 5196, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- A. Marin & G.R. Arabsheibani, 1998.
"Stability of Estimates of the Compensation for Danger,"
Royal Holloway, University of London: Discussion Papers in Economics
98/15, Department of Economics, Royal Holloway University of London, revised Feb 1998.
- G. Arabsheibani & A. Marin, 2000. "Stability of Estimates of the Compensation for Danger," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 20(3), pages 247-269, May.
- Arabsheibani, G R & Marin, A, 2000. " Stability of Estimates of the Compensation for Danger," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 20(3), pages 247-69, May.
- Rowe, Robert D. & Lang, Carolyn M. & Chestnut, Lauraine G., 1996. "Critical factors in computing externalities for electricity resources," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 363-394, December.
- Carson, Richard T. & Horowitz, John K., 1989. "The Many Facets of Health Risks: Valuing the Characteristics," Working Papers 197743, University of Maryland, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Brush, Greg J. & Clemes, Michael D., 1995. "Market Failure and Chemical Use," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 63(03), December.
- Gray, Wayne B & Jones, Carol Adaire, 1991.
"Are OSHA Health Inspections Effective? A Longitudinal Study in the Manufacturing Sector,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 73(3), pages 504-08, August.
- Wayne B. Gray & Carol Adaire Jones, 1990. "Are OSHA Health Inspections Effective? A Longitudinal Study in the Manufacturing Sector," NBER Working Papers 3233, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Banzhaf, H. Spencer & Desvousges, William H. & Johnson, F. Reed, 1996. "Assessing the externalities of electricity generation in the Midwest," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 395-421, December.
- Ikuho Kochi & Bryan Hubbell & Randall Kramer, 2006. "An Empirical Bayes Approach to Combining and Comparing Estimates of the Value of a Statistical Life for Environmental Policy Analysis," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 34(3), pages 385-406, July.
- Ko-Fei Liu & Hsin-Chi Li & Yu-Charn Hsu, 2009. "Debris flow hazard assessment with numerical simulation," Natural Hazards, International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 49(1), pages 137-161, April.
- Van Houtven, George L. & Cropper, Maureen L. & DEC, 1994. "When is a life too costly to save? : evidence from U.S. environmental regulations," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1260, The World Bank.
- Hardaker, J. Brian & Fleming, Euan M. & Lien, Gudbrand D., 2008. "Risk in Public Policy Making: A Neglected Issue in Australia," 2008 Conference (52nd), February 5-8, 2008, Canberra, Australia 5997, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Buzby, Jean C. & Roberts, Tanya & Lin, Chung-Tung Jordan & MacDonald, James M., 1996. "Bacterial Foodborne Disease: Medical Costs and Productivity Losses," Agricultural Economics Reports 33991, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Quah, Euston & Boon, Tay Liam, 2003. "The economic cost of particulate air pollution on health in Singapore," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 73-90, February.
- Goodstein, Eban, 1995. "Benefit-cost analysis at the EPA," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 375-389.
- Timothy Considine & Graham Davis & Donita Marakovits, 1993. "Technological change under residual risk regulation: The case of coke ovens in the U.S. steel industry," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 3(5), pages 437-455, October.
- Liu, Jin-Tan & Hammitt, James K. & Liu, Jin-Long, 1997. "Estimated hedonic wage function and value of life in a developing country," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 57(3), pages 353-358, December.
- Alan Krupnick, 2002. "The value of reducing risk of death: a policy perspective," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(2), pages 275-282.