Citations for "Corporate Diversification, Value Maximization, and Organizational Capabilities"
by Matsusaka, John G
- Nocke, Volker & Yeaple, Stephen R, 2008. "Globalization and the Size Distribution of Multiproduct Firms," CEPR Discussion Papers 6948, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- R. Glenn Hubbard & Darius Palia, 1998. "A Re-Examination of the Conglomerate Merger Wave in the 1960s: An Internal Capital Markets View," NBER Working Papers 6539, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Schmidt, Breno, 2015. "Costs and benefits of friendly boards during mergers and acquisitions," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 117(2), pages 424-447.
- Alain Praet, 2011. "Voluntary firm restructuring: why do firms sell or liquidate their subsidiaries?," Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 7(4), pages 449-476, November.
- Nicolai J. Foss & Peter G. Klein, 2004. "Entrepreneurshoip and the Economic Theory of the Firm Any Gains from Trade?," DRUID Working Papers 04-12, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Stephen Ross Yeaple, 2013. "Scale, Scope, and the International Expansion Strategies of Multiproduct Firms," NBER Working Papers 19166, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Boyan Jovanovic & Serguey Braguinsky, 2002.
"Bidder Discounts and Target Premia in Takeovers,"
NBER Working Papers
9009, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Arikan, Asli M. & Stulz, Rene M., 2011.
"Corporate Acquisitions, Diversification, and the Firm's Lifecycle,"
Working Paper Series
2011-18, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Asli M. Arikan & René M. Stulz, 2011. "Corporate Acquisitions, Diversification, and the Firm's Lifecycle," NBER Working Papers 17463, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Peter G. Klein, 2010. "Vertical Integration," Chapters, in: The Elgar Companion to Transaction Cost Economics, chapter 17 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Filson, Darren & Olfati, Saman, 2014. "The impacts of Gramm–Leach–Bliley bank diversification on value and risk," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 209-221.
- Belen Villalonga, 2001. "Diversification Discount or Premium? New Evidence from BITS Establishment-Level Data," Working Papers 01-13, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Matsusaka, John G. & Nanda, Vikram, 2002. "Internal Capital Markets and Corporate Refocusing," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 176-211, April.
- Ahn, Seoungpil & Walker, Mark D., 2007. "Corporate governance and the spinoff decision," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 76-93, March.
- Alhenawi, Yasser & Krishnaswami, Sudha, 2015. "Long-term impact of merger synergies on performance and value," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 93-118.
- Takashi Hatakeda, 2012. "R&D Investment Smoothing and Corporate Diversification," Discussion Papers 2012-42, Kobe University, Graduate School of Business Administration.
- Kolasinski, Adam C., 2009. "Subsidiary debt, capital structure and internal capital markets," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 94(2), pages 327-343, November.
- Pasquale Massimo Picone & Giovanni Battista Dagnino, 2016. "Revamping research on unrelated diversification strategy: perspectives, opportunities and challenges for future inquiry," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 20(3), pages 413-445, September.
- Machiel Mulder & Victoria Shestalova & Mark Lijesen, 2005. "Vertical separation of the energy-distribution industry; an assessment of several options for unbundling," CPB Document 84, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Felipe Balmaceda, 2002. "Corporate Diversification: Good for Some Bad for Others," Documentos de Trabajo 141, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Martin, John D. & Sayrak, Akin, 2003. "Corporate diversification and shareholder value: a survey of recent literature," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 37-57, January.
- Ozbas, Oguzhan, 2005. "Integration, organizational processes, and allocation of resources," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 75(1), pages 201-242, January.
- Vojislav Maksimovic & Gordon Phillips & N. R. Prabhala, 2008.
"Post-Merger Restructuring and the Boundaries of the Firm,"
NBER Working Papers
14291, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Maksimovic, Vojislav & Phillips, Gordon & Prabhala, N.R., 2011. "Post-merger restructuring and the boundaries of the firm," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 102(2), pages 317-343.
- Vojislav Maksimovic & Gordon Phillips & Nagpurnanand Prabhala, 2011. "Post-Merger Restructuring and the Boundaries of the Firm," Working Papers 11-11, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Peter G. Klein, 1997.
"Were the Acquisitive Conglomerates Inefficient?,"
9711001, EconWPA, revised 04 Feb 2002.
- Gálvan Antonio & Pindado Julio & De La Torre Chabela, 2014. "Diversification: A Value-Creating or Value-Destroying Strategy? Evidence from the Eurozone Countries," Journal of Financial Management, Markets and Institutions, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 1, pages 43-64, July.
- Piaskowska, D., 2005. "Essays on firm growth and value creation," Other publications TiSEM 89053610-79c6-4c52-9d1c-6, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Ekkayokkaya, Manapol & Paudyal, Krishna, 2015. "A trade-off in corporate diversification," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 275-292.
- Laeven, Luc, 2001. "International evidence on the value of product and geographic diversity," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2729, The World Bank.
- Gerard Hoberg & Gordon M. Phillips, 2011. "Conglomerate Industry Choice and Product Differentiation," NBER Working Papers 17221, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Felipe Balmaceda, 2009.
"Mergers and CEO Power,"
Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE),
Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 165(3), pages 454-486, September.
- Dey, Tania & Banerjee, Rajabrata, 2011. "Can Corporate Diversification Promote Firm Value? A Survey," MPRA Paper 28928, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Anjos, Fernando, 2010. "Costly refocusing, the diversification discount, and the pervasiveness of diversified firms," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 276-287, June.
- repec:jns:jbstat:v:227:y:2007:i:2:p:168-186 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cline, Brandon N. & Garner, Jacqueline L. & Yore, Adam S., 2014. "Exploitation of the internal capital market and the avoidance of outside monitoring," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 234-250.
- Gema Pastor-AgustÃn & Marisa RamÃrez-AlesÃ³n & Manuel Espitia-Escuer, 2011. "Complementary Assets and Investment Decisions," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(0), pages 25-39, November.
- Berry, Tammy K. & Bizjak, John M. & Lemmon, Michael L. & Naveen, Lalitha, 2006. "Organizational complexity and CEO labor markets: Evidence from diversified firms," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 797-817, September.
- USHIJIMA Tatsuo, 2015. "Diversification, Organization, and Value of the Firm," Discussion papers 15019, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Gomes, Joao F & Livdan, Dmitry, 2002. "Optimal Diversification," CEPR Discussion Papers 3461, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Frederik P. Schlingemann & Rene M. Stulz & Ralph A. Walkling, 1999. "Corporate Focusing and Internal Capital Markets," NBER Working Papers 7175, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gomes, Joao F & Livdan, Dmitry, 2002. "The Performance of Optimally Diversified Firms: Reconciling Theory and Evidence," CEPR Discussion Papers 3546, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Duchin, Ran & Schmidt, Breno, 2013. "Riding the merger wave: Uncertainty, reduced monitoring, and bad acquisitions," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 107(1), pages 69-88.
- Singhal, Rajeev & Zhu, Yun (Ellen), 2013. "Bankruptcy risk, costs and corporate diversification," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 1475-1489.
- Stefan Erdorf & Thomas Hartmann-Wendels & Nicolas Heinrichs & Michael Matz, 2013. "Corporate diversification and firm value: a survey of recent literature," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer;Swiss Society for Financial Market Research, vol. 27(2), pages 187-215, June.