Citations for "Causes and Effects of Corporate Refocusing Programs"
by Berger, Philip G & Ofek, Eli
- Jiraporn, Pornsit & Kim, Young Sang & Davidson III, Wallace N., 2008. "Multiple directorships and corporate diversification," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 418-435, June.
- Humphery-Jenner, M., 2011. "Diversification in Private Equity Funds : On Knowledge-sharing, Risk-aversion and Limited-attention," Discussion Paper 2011-046, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Dmitri Boreiko & Maurizio Murgia, 2013. "European spin-offs Origin, value creation, and long-term performance," BEMPS - Bozen Economics & Management Paper Series BEMPS05, School of Economics and Management at the Free University of Bozen.
- Laeven, Luc, 2001. "International evidence on the value of product and geographic diversity," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2729, The World Bank.
- Nguyen, Pascal & Rahman, Nahid & Zhao, Ruoyun, 2013. "Ownership structure and divestiture decisions: Evidence from Australian firms," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 170-181.
- Glaser, Markus & Müller, Sebastian, 2006. "Der Diversification Discount in Deutschland: Existiert ein Bewertungsabschlag für diversifizierte Unternehmen?," Sonderforschungsbereich 504 Publications 06-13, Sonderforschungsbereich 504, Universität Mannheim;Sonderforschungsbereich 504, University of Mannheim.
- Denis, Diane K. & Shome, Dilip K., 2005. "An empirical investigation of corporate asset downsizing," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 427-448, June.
- Thomas Philippon, 2004.
"Corporate Governance Over the Business Cycle,"
2004 Meeting Papers
114, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Bikki Jaggi & Beixin Lin & Suresh Govindaraj & Picheng Lee, 2009. "The value relevance of corporate restructuring charges," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 32(2), pages 101-128, February.
- Jeremy C. Stein, 2001.
"Agency, Information and Corporate Investment,"
NBER Working Papers
8342, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Günter Franke & Christian Hopp, 2005. "M&A Transaktionen: Fluch und Segen der Realoptionstheorie," CoFE Discussion Paper 05-03, Center of Finance and Econometrics, University of Konstanz.
- Ahn, Seoungpil & Walker, Mark D., 2007. "Corporate governance and the spinoff decision," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 76-93, March.
- Chemmanur, Thomas J. & Krishnan, Karthik & Nandy, Debarshi K., 2014. "The effects of corporate spin-offs on productivity," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 72-98.
- Matsusaka, John G. & Nanda, Vikram, 2002. "Internal Capital Markets and Corporate Refocusing," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 176-211, April.
- Coles, Jeffrey L. & Daniel, Naveen D. & Naveen, Lalitha, 2006. "Managerial incentives and risk-taking," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 79(2), pages 431-468, February.
- Denis, David J. & Kruse, Timothy A., 2000. "Managerial discipline and corporate restructuring following performance declines," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(3), pages 391-424, March.
- Shin, Jongtae & Shin, Hyun, 2013. "Institutional ownership and technological relatedness: A test of endogeneity," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(11), pages 2279-2286.
- Harris, Oneil & Madura, Jeff, 2011. "Why are proposed spinoffs withdrawn?," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 69-81, February.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00155762 is not listed on IDEAS
- Huang, Sheng, 2014. "Managerial expertise, corporate decisions and firm value: Evidence from corporate refocusing," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 348-375.
- David Hyland, 2008. "The long-run performance of diversifying firms," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer, vol. 32(3), pages 294-310, July.
- Pascal Nguyen, 2013. "The role of firm performance in the market reaction to divestiture announcements," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 33(3), pages 1723-1728.
- Michel Habib & Alexander Ljungqvist, 2000.
"Firm Value and Managerial Incentives: A Stochastic Frontier Approach,"
OFRC Working Papers Series
2000fe03, Oxford Financial Research Centre.
- Michel A. Habib & Alexander Ljungqvist, 2005. "Firm Value and Managerial Incentives: A Stochastic Frontier Approach," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(6), pages 2053-2094, November.
- Habib, Michel Antoine & Ljungqvist, Alexander P., 2000. "Firm Value and Managerial Incentives: A Stochastic Frontier Approach," CEPR Discussion Papers 2564, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ang, James & Mauck, Nathan, 2011. "Fire sale acquisitions: Myth vs. reality," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 532-543, March.
- Pascal Nguyen & Nahid Rahman, 2014.
"Which Governance Characteristics Affect the Incidence of Divestitures in Australia?,"
Working Paper Series
180, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Pascal Nguyen & Nahid Rahman, 2015. "Which governance characteristics affect the incidence of divestitures in Australia?," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 40(2), pages 351-374, May.
- Hirota, Shinichi & Kawamura, Kohei, 2007. "Managerial control inside the firm," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 324-335, September.
- Berry, Tammy K. & Bizjak, John M. & Lemmon, Michael L. & Naveen, Lalitha, 2006. "Organizational complexity and CEO labor markets: Evidence from diversified firms," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 797-817, September.
- Kim, Young Sang & Mathur, Ike, 2008. "The impact of geographic diversification on firm performance," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 747-766, September.
- Dewenter, Kathryn L., 2003. "The risk-sharing role of Japanese keiretsu business groups: evidence from restructuring in the 1990s," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 261-274, August.
- Ushijima, Tatsuo & Schaede, Ulrike, 2014.
"The market for corporate subsidiaries in Japan: An empirical study of trades among listed firms,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 36-52.
- USHIJIMA Tatsuo & Ulrike SCHAEDE, 2013. "The Market for Corporate Subsidiaries in Japan: An empirical study of trades among listed firms," Discussion papers 13012, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Shinichi Hirota & Kohei Kawamura, 2005. "Managerial Control inside the Firm," ISER Discussion Paper 0635, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Feng, Yi & Nandy, Debarshi K. & Tian, Yisong S., 2015. "Executive compensation and the corporate spin-off decision," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 94-117.
- Stefan Erdorf & Thomas Hartmann-Wendels & Nicolas Heinrichs & Michael Matz, 2013. "Corporate diversification and firm value: a survey of recent literature," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 187-215, June.
- Sheng-Syan Chen & Yong-Chin Liu & I-Ju Chen, 2014. "Long-Run Stock Performance and Its Determinants for Asset Buyers," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(5-6), pages 685-716, 06.
- Clarke, Jonathan E. & Fee, C. Edward & Thomas, Shawn, 2004. "Corporate diversification and asymmetric information: evidence from stock market trading characteristics," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 105-129, January.
- Villalonga, Belen, 2000. "Does Diversification Cause the â€œDiversification Discountâ€?," University of California at Los Angeles, Anderson Graduate School of Management qt40v212gm, Anderson Graduate School of Management, UCLA.
- Laurent Batsch, 2003. "Le recentrage:une revue des approches financières," Revue Finance Contrôle Stratégie, revues.org, vol. 6(2), pages 43-65, June.
- Batsch, Laurent, 2003. "Le recentrage : une revue des approches financières," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/2773, Paris Dauphine University.
- Zhou, Yue Maggie & Li, Xiaoyang & Svejnar, Jan, 2011. "Subsidiary divestiture and acquisition in a financial crisis: Operational focus, financial constraints, and ownership," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 272-287, April.
- Mathur, Ike & Singh, Manohar & Gleason, Kimberly C., 2001. "The evidence from Canadian firms on multinational diversification and performance," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 41(4), pages 561-578.
- Jean-Étienne Palard, 2007. "Recentrage stratégique et politique de financement:le cas des firmes cotées en Europe (1987-2003)," Revue Finance Contrôle Stratégie, revues.org, vol. 10(3), pages 111-137, September.