The "Austerity Myth": Gain Without Pain?
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- The Flawed Origins of Expansionary Austerity
by Jeffrey Frankel in Project Syndicate on 2013-05-20 20:20:13
- On Whose Research is the Case for Austerity Mistakenly Based?
by jfrankel in Jeff Frankels Weblog on 2013-05-21 01:32:55
- Wonkbook: Could the scandals help immigration reform?
by Ezra Klein, Evan Soltas in Ezra Klein's Wonkblog on 2013-05-21 17:45:29
- Produttività (again)
by Alberto Bagnai in Goofynomics on 2013-06-03 17:12:00
- Public engagement e spending review (in no particular order)
by Alberto Bagnai in Goofynomics on 2015-04-03 01:55:00
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Steinar Holden, 2012.
"Implications of insights from behavioral economics for macroeconomic models,"
2012/12, Norges Bank.
- Holden, Steinar, 2012. "Implications of Insights from Behavioral Economics for Macroeconomic Models," Memorandum 25/2012, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Steinar Holden, 2012. "Implications of insights from behavioral economics for macroeconomic models," IMK Working Paper 99-2012, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- Walter Paternesi Meloni, 2017. "Austerity & Competitiveness in the Eurozone: a misleading linkage," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0223, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- Stefan Kawalec & Ernest Pytlarczyk, 2013. "Controlled Dismantlement of the Eurozone: A Strategy to Save the European Union and the Single European Market," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 14(1), pages 31-49, February.
- repec:bla:kyklos:v:70:y:2017:i:1:p:42-69 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alessandro Petretto, 2015. "Le specificità dei processi di revisione della spesa pubblica locale," ECONOMIA PUBBLICA, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2015(1), pages 157-175.
- Botta, Alberto & Tori, Daniele, 2017. "A critique to the expansionary austerity (part III): empirical counter facts beyond theoretical weaknesses," Greenwich Papers in Political Economy 16387, University of Greenwich, Greenwich Political Economy Research Centre.
- Christian Dreger, 2017.
"Long-term growth perspectives in Japan and the Euro area,"
Asia Europe Journal,
Springer, vol. 15(4), pages 363-375, December.
- Christian Dreger, 2017. "Long Term Growth Perspectives in Japan and the Euro Area," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1661, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Alberto Alesina & Dorian Carloni & Giampaolo Lecce, 2012.
"The Electoral Consequences of Large Fiscal Adjustments,"
NBER Chapters,in: Fiscal Policy after the Financial Crisis, pages 531-570
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alberto F. Alesina & Dorian Carloni & Giampaolo Lecce, 2011. "The Electoral Consequences of Large Fiscal Adjustments," NBER Working Papers 17655, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bernd Hayo & Florian Neumeier, 2017.
"Public Attitudes toward Fiscal Consolidation: Evidence from a Representative German Population Survey,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 70(1), pages 42-69, February.
- Bernd Hayo & Florian Neumeier, 2013. "Public Attitudes Toward Fiscal Consolidation: Evidence from a Representative German Population Survey," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201351, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Bernd Hayo & Florian Neumeier, 2014. "Public Attitudes Toward Fiscal Consolidation: Evidence from a Representative German Population Survey," Working Papers CEB 14-006, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- F. Heylen & A. Hoebeeck & T. Buyse, 2011. "Fiscal consolidation, institutions and institutional reform: a multivariate analysis of public debt dynamics," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 11/763, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- T. Buyse & F. Heylen, 2012. "Leaving the empirical (battle)ground: Output and welfare effects of fiscal consolidation in general equilibrium," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 12/826, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Branimir Jovanovic, 2013. "Growth Forecast Errors and Government Investment and Consumption Multipliers," CEIS Research Paper 301, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 17 Dec 2013.
- Enrico Marelli & Marcello Signorelli, 2015. "Convergence, Crisis and Unemployment in Europe: The Need for Innovative Policies," Croatian Economic Survey, The Institute of Economics, Zagreb, vol. 17(2), pages 5-56, December.
- Stefan Kawalec & Ernest Pytlarczyk, 2012. "Controlled Dismantlement of the Euro Area in Order to Preserve the European Union and Single European Market," CASE Network Studies and Analyses 441, CASE-Center for Social and Economic Research.
- Ernesto Longobardi & Antonio Pedone, 2016. "On some recent proposals of public debt restructuring in the Eurozone," SERIES 06-2016, Dipartimento di Economia e Finanza - Università degli Studi di Bari "Aldo Moro", revised Sep 2016.
- Branimir Jovanovic, 2012. "How Policy Actions Affect Short-term Post-crisis Recovery?," CEIS Research Paper 253, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 05 Oct 2012.
- Dell' Erba, Salvatore & Mattina, Todd & Roitman, Agustin, 2015. "Pressure or prudence? Tales of market pressure and fiscal adjustment," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 196-213.
- Kurt Hübner, 2012. "German crisis management and leadership—from ignorance to procrastination to action," Asia Europe Journal, Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 159-177, March.
- Panizza, Ugo & Presbitero, Andrea F., 2014.
"Public debt and economic growth: Is there a causal effect?,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 21-41.
- Ugo Panizza & Andrea Filippo Presbitero, 2012. "Public Debt and Economic Growth: Is There a Causal Effect?," Mo.Fi.R. Working Papers 65, Money and Finance Research group (Mo.Fi.R.) - Univ. Politecnica Marche - Dept. Economic and Social Sciences.
- Panizza, Ugo & Presbitero, Andrea F., 2012. "Public debt and economic growth: Is there a causal effect?," POLIS Working Papers 168, Institute of Public Policy and Public Choice - POLIS.
- Riccardo Fiorentini & Guido Montani, 2013. "Beyond Austerity A European Recovery Policy Is Feasible," Working Papers 06/2013, University of Verona, Department of Economics.
- Olivier J Blanchard & Giovanni Dell'Ariccia & Paolo Mauro, 2013. "Rethinking Macro Policy II; Getting Granular," IMF Staff Discussion Notes 13/003, International Monetary Fund.
- Menzie Chinn, 2013. "fiscal multipliers," The New Palgrave Dictionary of Economics, Palgrave Macmillan.
- Schaltegger, Christoph A. & Weder, Martin, 2014. "Austerity, inequality and politics," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 1-22.
- Ryan Niladri Banerjee & Fabrizio Zampolli, 2016. "What drives the short-run costs of fiscal consolidation? Evidence from OECD countries," BIS Working Papers 553, Bank for International Settlements.
- Felix Reichling & Charles Whalen, 2015. "The Fiscal Multiplier and Economic Policy Analysis in the United States: Working Paper 2015-02," Working Papers 49925, Congressional Budget Office.
- Niamh Hardiman & Muiris MacCarthaigh, 2013. "How Governments Retrench In Crisis: The Case of Ireland," Working Papers 201315, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Haffert, Lukas & Mehrtens, Philip, 2013. "From austerity to expansion? Consolidation, budget surpluses, and the decline of fiscal capacity," MPIfG Discussion Paper 13/16, Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies.
- Paweł Borys & Piotr Ciżkowicz & Andrzej Rzońca, 2014.
"Panel Data Evidence on the Effects of Fiscal Policy Shocks in the EU New Member States,"
Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 35, pages 189-224, June.
- Borys, Paweł & Ciżkowicz, Piotr & Rzońca, Andrzej, 2011. "Panel data evidence on non-Keynesian efects of fiscal policy in the EU New Member," MPRA Paper 32696, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Paweł Borys & Piotr Ciżkowicz & Andrzej Rzońca, 2013. "Panel data evidence on the effects of fiscal impulses in the EU New Member States," NBP Working Papers 161, Narodowy Bank Polski, Economic Research Department.
- Borys, Paweł & Ciżkowicz, Piotr & Rzońca, Andrzej, 2013. "Panel data evidence on effects of fiscal impulses in the EU New Member States," MPRA Paper 48243, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Attinasi, Maria Grazia & Klemm, Alexander, 2016.
"The growth impact of discretionary fiscal policy measures,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 265-279.
- Attinasi, Maria Grazia & Klemm, Alexander, 2014. "The growth impact of discretionary fiscal policy measures," Working Paper Series 1697, European Central Bank.
- Virkola, Tuomo, 2014. "Exchange Rate Regime, Fiscal Foresight and the Effectiveness of Fiscal Policy in a Small Open Economy," ETLA Reports 20, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Heinz Handler, 2013. "Fiscal Multipliers in the Crisis," WIFO Monatsberichte (monthly reports), WIFO, vol. 86(12), pages 977-984, December.
- Soukiazis, Elias & Cerqueira, Pedro André & Antunes, Micaela, 2014. "Explaining Italy's economic growth: A balance-of-payments approach with internal and external imbalances and non-neutral relative prices," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 334-341.
- Nicholas Apergis & Arusha Cooray, 2013. "Forecasting fiscal variables: Only a strong growth plan can sustain the Greek austerity programs - Evidence from simultaneous and structural models," CAMA Working Papers 2013-25, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Steven Pennings & Esther Perez Ruiz, 2013. "Fiscal Consolidations and Growth; Does Speed Matter?," IMF Working Papers 13/230, International Monetary Fund.
- Sebastian Gechert & Rafael Mentges, 2017. "Financial Cycles and fiscal multipliers," FMM Working Paper 04-2017, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- Constantinos Alexiou & Joseph G. Nellis, 2013. "Challenging the Raison dâ€™etre of Internal Devaluation in the Context of the Greek Economy," Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 60(6), pages 813-836, December.
- Manfred Overhaus & Ulrich Maas & Aiginger. Karl & Margit Schratzenstaller-Altzinger, 2012. "Weg aus dem Schuldenhaushalt: Ist eine Tilgung der Staatsschulden möglich?," ifo Schnelldienst, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 65(05), pages 03-14, March.
- Vdovychenko, Artem & Zubrytskyi, Artur, 2016. "Effects of fiscal consolidation on exports in Ukraine," MPRA Paper 70722, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Feb 2016.
- Degiannakis, Stavros & Duffy, David & Filis, George & Livada, Alexandra, 2016.
"Business cycle synchronisation in EMU: Can fiscal policy bring member-countries closer?,"
Elsevier, vol. 52(PB), pages 551-563.
- Degiannakis, Stavros & Duffy, David & Filis, George & Livada, Alexandra, 2014. "Business Cycle Synchronisation in EMU: Can Fiscal Policy Bring Member-Countries Closer?," MPRA Paper 67892, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Matteo Fragetta & Roberto Tamborini, 2017. "Itâ€™s not austerity. Or is it? Assessing the effect of austerity on growth in Europe, 2010-15," DEM Working Papers 2017/10, Department of Economics and Management.
- Gennaro Zezza, 2012. "The impact of fiscal austerity in the Eurozone," Review of Keynesian Economics, Edward Elgar Publishing, vol. 1(0), pages 37-54.
- A. Affuso & V. Bravi, 2014. "La spesa pubblica in Italia prima e dopo la crisi," Economics Department Working Papers 2014-EP01, Department of Economics, Parma University (Italy).
- Ferrara, Maria & Tirelli, Patrizio, 2017. "Equitable fiscal consolidations," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 207-223.
- Santiago Capraro & Carlo Panico & Ignacio Perrotini & Francesco Purificato, 2012. "Austerità o politiche coordinate ed espansive? Le difficili scelte delle autorità europee," STUDI ECONOMICI, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2012(108), pages 81-112.
- Olivier Blanchard & Giovanni Dell'Ariccia & Paolo Mauro, 2014. "Introduction: Rethinking Macro Policy II--Getting Granular," MIT Press Book Chapters,in: What Have We Learned? Macroeconomic Policy After the Crisis, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 0, pages 1-28 The MIT Press.
- Dreger, Christian & Reimers, Hans-Eggert, 2016. "Does public investment stimulate private investment? Evidence for the euro area," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 154-158.
- Roberta, Cardani & Lorenzo, Menna & Patrizio, Tirelli, 2016. "Optimal Public Debt Consolidation with Distributional Conflicts," Working Papers 350, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised 05 Oct 2016.
- Rasmus Wiese & Richard Jong-A-Pin & Jakob de Haan, 2015. "Are expenditure cuts the only effective way to achieve successful fiscal adjustment," DNB Working Papers 477, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Sebastian Gechert & Rafael Mentges, 2013. "What Drives Fiscal Multipliers? The Role of Private Wealth and Debt," IMK Working Paper 124-2013, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- JesÃºs Ferreiro & Carmen GÃ³mez & Felipe Serrano, 2013. "Mistakes in the Fiscal Policy in Spain before the Crisis," Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 60(5), pages 577-592, September.
- Sebastian Dullien, 2012. "Is new always better than old? On the treatment of fiscal policy in Keynesian models," Review of Keynesian Economics, Edward Elgar Publishing, vol. 1(0), pages 5-23.
- Paternesi Meloni, Walter, 2016. "Austerity and competitiveness in the Eurozone: a misleading linkage," MPRA Paper 75962, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Szilárd Benk & Zoltán M. Jakab, 2012. "Non-Keynesian Effects of Fiscal Consolidation: An Analysis with an Estimated DSGE Model for the Hungarian Economy," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 945, OECD Publishing.
- Laura Jaramillo & Carlo Cottarelli, 2012. "Walking Hand in Hand; Fiscal Policy and Growth in Advanced Economies," IMF Working Papers 12/137, International Monetary Fund.