Discretionary Fiscal Policy in the EMU Context: An Empirical Approach (1981-2010) & the Recent Reform in European Governance
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lars Calmfors & Simon Wren‐Lewis, 2011.
"What should fiscal councils do?,"
CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 26(68), pages 649-695, October.
- Calmfors, Lars & Wren-Lewis, Simon, 2010. "What Should Fiscal Councils Do?," Seminar Papers 768, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies.
- Lars Calmfors & Simon Wren-Lewis, 2011. "What Should Fiscal Councils Do?," CESifo Working Paper Series 3382, CESifo Group Munich.
- Simon Wren-Lewis & Lars Calmfors, 2011. "What should fiscal councils do?," Economics Series Working Papers 537, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Hallerberg, Mark & Strauch, Rolf & von Hagen, Jurgen, 2007.
"The design of fiscal rules and forms of governance in European Union countries,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 338-359, June.
- Strauch, Rolf & Hallerberg, Mark & von Hagen, Jürgen, 2004. "The design of fiscal rules and forms of governance in European Union countries," Working Paper Series 419, European Central Bank.
- Hallerberg, Mark & Strauch, Rolf & Hagen, Jürgen von, 2006. "The design of fiscal rules and forms of governance in European Union countries," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 150, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- repec:zbw:rwirep:0176 is not listed on IDEAS
- Iara, Anna & Wolff, Guntram B., 2014. "Rules and risk in the Euro area," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 222-236.
- Holger Zemanek & Ansgar Belke & Gunther Schnabl, 2010.
"Current account balances and structural adjustment in the euro area,"
International Economics and Economic Policy,
Springer, vol. 7(1), pages 83-127, May.
- Zemanek, Holger & Belke, Ansgar & Schnabl, Gunther, 2010. "Current Account Balances and Structural Adjustment in the Euro Area," Ruhr Economic Papers 176, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Maddala, G S & Wu, Shaowen, 1999. " A Comparative Study of Unit Root Tests with Panel Data and a New Simple Test," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 61(0), pages 631-652, Special I.
- Papageorgiou, Theofanis & Michaelides, Panayotis G. & Milios, John G., 2010. "Business cycles synchronization and clustering in Europe (1960-2009)," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 62(5), pages 419-470, September.
- Clemens Fuest, 2011. "Will the Reform of the Institutional Framework Restore Fiscal Stability in the Eurozone?," CESifo Forum, Ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 12(2), pages 34-39, July.
- Choi, In, 2001. "Unit root tests for panel data," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 249-272, April.
- André Sapir & Marco Buti, 1998. "Economic policy in EMU," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/8078, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Xavier Debrun & Laurent Moulin & Alessandro Turrini & Joaquim Ayuso-i-Casals & Manmohan S. Kumar, 2008. "Tied to the mast? National fiscal rules in the European Union," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 23, pages 297-362, April.
More about this item
KeywordsFiscal Policy; Discretionarity; Countercyclicality; Flexibitlity; Stability and Growth Pact; Business Cycle; National Fiscal Rules; Sustainability; Fiscal Discipline;
- H60 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ers:journl:v:xv:y:2012:i:2:p:117-136. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marios Agiomavritis). General contact details of provider: http://www.ersj.eu/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.