The "Austerity Myth": Gain Without Pain?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Stéphanie Guichard & Mike Kennedy & Eckhard Wurzel & Christophe André, 2007. "What Promotes Fiscal Consolidation: OECD Country Experiences," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 553, OECD Publishing.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Douglas Sutherland & Peter Hoeller & Balázs Égert & Oliver Röhn, 2010. "Counter-cyclical Economic Policy," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 760, OECD Publishing.
- Jacob Funk Kirkegaard, 2014. "What Should Surplus Germany Do?," Policy Briefs PB14-14, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- David Lodge & Marta Rodriguez-Vives, 2013. "How long can austerity persist? The factors that sustain fiscal consolidations," European Journal of Government and Economics, Europa Grande, vol. 2(1), pages 5-24, June.
- Dufrénot G. & Paul L., 2010. "Fiscal developments in the euro area beyond the crisis: some lessons drawn from fiscal reaction functions," Working papers 292, Banque de France.
- Chiara DEL BO, 2009. "Recent advances in public investment, fiscal policy and growth," Departmental Working Papers 2009-25, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Maltritz, Dominik & Wüste, Sebastian, 2015. "Determinants of budget deficits in Europe: The role and relations of fiscal rules, fiscal councils, creative accounting and the Euro," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 222-236.
- Charles Amo Yartey & Mr. Machiko Narita & Mr. Shelton M Nicholls & Mr. Joel Chiedu Okwuokei, 2012. "The Challenges of Fiscal Consolidation and Debt Reduction in the Caribbean," IMF Working Papers 2012/276, International Monetary Fund.
- Agnello, Luca & Castro, Vitor & Sousa, Ricardo M., 2013.
"What determines the duration of a fiscal consolidation program?,"
Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 113-134.
- Luca Agnello & Vítor Castro & Ricardo M. Sousa, 2012. "What determines the duration of a fiscal consolidation program?," NIPE Working Papers 17/2012, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- Luca Agnello & Vitor Castro & Ricardo M. Sousa, 2013. "What Determines the Duration of a Fiscal Consolidation Program?," GEMF Working Papers 2013-09, GEMF, Faculty of Economics, University of Coimbra.
- Maebayashi, Noritaka, 2021. "The pace of fiscal consolidations, fiscal sustainability, and welfare: An overlapping generations approach," MPRA Paper 112593, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 30 Feb 2022.
- Vitor Carvalho & Manuel M. F. Martins, 2011. "Investment and output effects of fiscal consolidations in a new-Keynesian DSGE model for the Euro Area: composition matters?," EcoMod2011 3246, EcoMod.
- Falilou Fall & Debra Bloch & Jean-Marc Fournier & Peter Hoeller, 2015. "Prudent debt targets and fiscal frameworks," OECD Economic Policy Papers 15, OECD Publishing.
- Christoph A. Schaltegger & Martin Weder, 2014.
"Fiscal adjustment and the costs of public debt service: evidence from OECD countries,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(22), pages 2593-2610, August.
- Christoph A. Schaltegger & Martin Weder, 2010. "Fiscal Adjustment and the Costs of Public Debt Service: Evidence from OECD Countries," CESifo Working Paper Series 3297, CESifo.
- Christoph A. Schaltegger & Martin Weder, 2010. "Fiscal Adjustment and the Costs of Public Debt Service: Evidence from OECD Countries," CREMA Working Paper Series 2010-08, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Margit Molnár, 2012. "Fiscal consolidation: What factors determine the success of consolidation efforts?," OECD Journal: Economic Studies, OECD Publishing, vol. 2012(1), pages 123-149.
- Perotti, Roberto, 2011. "The "Austerity Myth": Gain without Pain?," CEPR Discussion Papers 8658, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- repec:hal:spmain:info:hdl:2441/6018jmm8rk9oroimutg7hhiu3f is not listed on IDEAS
- Robert Hagemann, 2011. "How Can Fiscal Councils Strengthen Fiscal Performance?," OECD Journal: Economic Studies, OECD Publishing, vol. 2011(1), pages 1-24.
- Amélie Barbier-Gauchard & Kea Baret & Alexandru Minea, 2021.
"National fiscal rules and fiscal discipline in the European Union,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 53(20), pages 2337-2359, April.
- Amelie Barbier-Gauchard & Kea Baret & Alexandru Minea, 2020. "National Fiscal Rules and Fiscal Discipline in the European Union," Working Papers hal-02992219, HAL.
- Amélie Barbier-Gauchard & Kea Baret & Alexandru Minea, 2021. "National fiscal rules and fiscal discipline in the European Union," Post-Print hal-03160610, HAL.
- Robert P. Hagemann, 2010. "Improving Fiscal Performance Through Fiscal Councils," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 829, OECD Publishing.
- Piotr Ciżkowicz & Grzegorz Parosa & Andrzej Rzońca, 2022. "Fiscal tensions and risk premium," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 49(3), pages 833-896, August.
- Margit Molnar, 2012. "Fiscal Consolidation: Part 5. What Factors Determine the Success of Consolidation Efforts?," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 936, OECD Publishing.
- Maebayashi, Noritaka, 2023. "The pace of fiscal consolidations, fiscal sustainability, and welfare: An overlapping generations approach," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 75(C).
More about this item
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy; Modern Monetary Theory
- E65 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Studies of Particular Policy Episodes
- F32 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Current Account Adjustment; Short-term Capital Movements
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-MAC-2011-11-14 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:17571. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.