Citations for "The Economics of Development: A Survey"
by Stern, Nicholas
- Palivos, Theodore, 1995. "Endogenous fertility, multiple growth paths, and economic convergence," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 19(8), pages 1489-1510, November.
- Mina Baliamoune-Lutz, 2010. "Financial Development and Income in Developing Countries," ICER Working Papers 09-2010, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Sarkar, Prabirjit, 2011. "Does finance matter for growth? what the data show," MPRA Paper 32937, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Augusto de la Torre & Sergio Schmukler, 2007.
"Emerging Capital Markets and Globalization: The Latin American Experience,"
IDB Publications (Books),
Inter-American Development Bank, number 59498, May.
- Augusto de la Torre & Sergio L. Schmukler, 2007. "Emerging Capital Markets and Globalization : The Latin American Experience," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7187, April.
- Ensar Yilmaz & Ozgur Kayalica, 2003. "Finance and Growth in Turkey: Casuality Issue," Istanbul Stock Exchange Review, Research and Business Development Department, Borsa Istanbul, vol. 6(24), pages 33-48.
- Chisholm, Anthony H., 1992. "Australian Agriculture: A Sustainability Story," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 36(01), April.
- Blackman, Allen & Nelson, Per-Kristian & Mathis, Mitchell, 2001. "The Greening of Development Economics: A Survey," Discussion Papers dp-01-08, Resources For the Future.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:14:y:2008:i:4:p:422-432 is not listed on IDEAS
- Abu Nurudeen, 2009. "Does Stock Market Development Raise Economic Growth? Evidence from Nigeria," The Review of Finance and Banking, Academia de Studii Economice din Bucuresti, Romania / Facultatea de Finante, Asigurari, Banci si Burse de Valori / Catedra de Finante, vol. 1(1), pages 015-026, December.
- Jeffrey S. Hammer, 2013. "Balancing Market and Government Failure in Service Delivery," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 18(Special E), pages 1-19, September.
- Nyasha S. & Odhiambo N. M., 2016.
"The Impact of Bank-Based and Market-Based Financial Development on Economic Growth: Time-Series Evidence From the United Kingdom,"
Global Economy Journal,
De Gruyter, vol. 16(2), pages 389-410, June.
- Nyasha, Sheilla & Odhiambo, Nicholas M., 2015. "The impact of bank-based and market-based financial development on economic growth: time-series evidence from the United Kingdom," Working Papers 18834, University of South Africa, Department of Economics.
- S.M. Shafaeddin, 2004. "Who Is The Master? Who Is The Servant? Market Or Government? An Alternative Approach: Towards A Coordination System," UNCTAD Discussion Papers 175, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- Grietjie Verhoef, Lorraine Greyling and John Mwamba, 2014.
"Savings and economic growth: A historical analysis of the relationship between savings and economic growth in the Cape Colony economy, 1850 - 1909,"
408, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Verhoef, Grietjie & Greyling, Lorraine & Mwamba, John, 2013. "SAVINGS and economic growth: a historical analysis of the relationship between savings and economic growth in the CAPE Colony economy, 1850-1909," MPRA Paper 47819, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 19 Jun 2013.
- Carlos Ludena, 2010.
"Agricultural Productivity Growth, Efficiency Change and Technical Progress in Latin America and the Caribbean,"
Research Department Publications
4675, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Ludena, Carlos E., 2012. "Agricultural Productivity Growth, Efficiency Change and Technical Progress in Latin America and the Caribbean," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126850, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Carlos E. Ludeña, 2010. "Agricultural Productivity Growth, Efficiency Change and Technical Progress in Latin America and the Caribbean," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 6794, Inter-American Development Bank.
- POPKOVA, Elena, 2014. "New Prospects Of Economic Growth In Context Of Underdevelopment Whirlpools Phenomena," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 14(1), pages 5-20.
- Joshua Aizenman & Nancy Marion, 1991.
"Policy Uncertainty, Persistence and Growth,"
NBER Working Papers
3848, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Muhammad, Shahbaz, 2011. "Electricity Consumption, Financial Development and Economic Growth Nexus: A Revisit Study of Their Causality in Pakistan," MPRA Paper 35588, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 27 Dec 2011.
- Mina Baliamoune-Lutz, 2008. "Financial Development and Income in North Africa," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 14(4), pages 422-432, November.
- M.A.B. Siddique, 1997. "Economic development: Then and now," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 97-05, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Samargandi, Nahla & Fidrmuc, Jan & Ghosh, Sugata, 2014. "Financial development and economic growth in an oil-rich economy: The case of Saudi Arabia," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 267-278.
- Régis Chavigny, 1997. "Économies en transition et économies en développement : une comparaison," Revue Tiers Monde, Programme National Persée, vol. 38(152), pages 727-751.
- Sadorsky, Perry, 2010. "The impact of financial development on energy consumption in emerging economies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 2528-2535, May.
- Nicholas Stern, 2009. "Imperfections in the Economics of Public Policy, Imperfections in Markets, and Climate Change," Working Papers 2009.106, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Jorge Guardiola & Teresa Garcia-Muñoz, 2009. "Subjective well-being and basic needs: Evidence from rural Guatemala," ThE Papers 09/03, Department of Economic Theory and Economic History of the University of Granada..
- Nyasha, Sheilla & Odhiambo, Nicholas M., 2015. "Financial systems and economic growth: empirical evidence from Australia," Working Papers 18927, University of South Africa, Department of Economics.
- Ahmed, S. M. & Ansari, M. I., 1998. "Financial sector development and economic growth: The South-Asian experience," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 503-517.
- Shahbaz, Muhammad & Lean, Hooi Hooi, 2012. "Does financial development increase energy consumption? The role of industrialization and urbanization in Tunisia," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 473-479.
- Havrylyshyn, Oleh & Tarr, David, 1991. "Trade liberalization and the transition to a market economy," Policy Research Working Paper Series 700, The World Bank.
- Pulido San Román, A., 2003. "Desarrollo sostenible: un reto central para el pensamiento económico," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 21, pages 203-220, Agosto.
- Taoufik Rajhi, 1993. "Croissance endogène et externalités des dépenses publiques," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 44(2), pages 335-368.
- Gary Yohe & Emily Engel, 2005. "Equity and sustainability over the next fifty years: An exercise in economic visioning," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 6(4), pages 393-413, January.
- Partha Dasgupta, 1998. "The Economics of Poverty in Poor Countries," STICERD - Development Economics Papers - From 2008 this series has been superseded by Economic Organisation and Public Policy Discussion Papers 09, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Dasgupta, Partha, 2010. "The Place of Nature in Economic Development," Handbook of Development Economics, Elsevier.
- Pradhan, Rudra P. & Arvin, Mak B. & Hall, John H. & Bahmani, Sahar, 2014. "Causal nexus between economic growth, banking sector development, stock market development, and other macroeconomic variables: The case of ASEAN countries," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 155-173.
- Jayasuriya, Sisira, 1992. "Economists On Sustainability," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 60(02), August.
- Gehringer, Agnieszka, 2013.
"Financial liberalization, financial development and productivity growth: An overview,"
Economics Discussion Papers
2013-46, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Agnieszka Gehringer, 2014. "Financial liberalisation, financial development and productivity growth: an overview," International Journal of Monetary Economics and Finance, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 7(1), pages 40-65.
- Muller, Christophe, 2002. "Prices and living standards: evidence for Rwanda," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 187-203, June.
- Vurgun Elhan Suleimanov, 2010. "Investment Policy of the Republic of Azerbaijan: Implications and Prospects," Economic Alternatives, University of National and World Economy, Sofia, Bulgaria, issue 2, pages 95-101, July.
- Ahmed, Syed & Horner, James & Rafiq, Rafiqul Bhuyan, 2008. "Financial Development and Economic Growth: Experiences of Selected Developing Economies," Review of Applied Economics, Review of Applied Economics, vol. 4(1-2).
- Ortíz Quevedo, Carlos Humberto, 1993. "Production ´Roundaboutness´and Economic Growth: Some Empirical Evidence," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO-CIDSE 003994, UNIVERSIDAD DEL VALLE - CIDSE.
- Levine, Ross & Zervos, Sara, 1996.
"Stock market development and long-run growth,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
1582, The World Bank.
- Selim Yildirim & Bilge Kagan Özdemir & Burhan Dogan, 2013. "Financial Development and Economic Growth Nexus in Emerging European Economies: New Evidence from Asymmetric Causality," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 3(3), pages 710-722.
- Rebeca Echávarri, 2003. "Theory On Economic Development: From Growth of Wealth To Expansion Of Freedom," Documentos de Trabajo - Lan Gaiak Departamento de Economía - Universidad Pública de Navarra 0302, Departamento de Economía - Universidad Pública de Navarra, revised 2003.
- Kar, Muhsin & NazlIoglu, Saban & AgIr, Hüseyin, 2011.
"Financial development and economic growth nexus in the MENA countries: Bootstrap panel granger causality analysis,"
Elsevier, vol. 28(1-2), pages 685-693, January.
- Kar, Muhsin & Nazlıoğlu, Şaban & Ağır, Hüseyin, 2011. "Financial development and economic growth nexus in the MENA countries: Bootstrap panel granger causality analysis," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 685-693.
- Alimi, R. Santos, 2015. "Financial deepening and economic growth: A System GMM Panel Analysis with application to 7 SSA countries," MPRA Paper 65789, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chen, Shaohua & Datt, Gaurav & Ravallion, Martin, 1994.
"Is Poverty Increasing in the Developing World?,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 40(4), pages 359-376, December.
- Jalil, Abdul & Wahid, Abu N. M. & Shahbaz, Muhammad, 2010. "Financial Development and Growth: A Positive, Monotonic Relationship? Empirical Evidences from South Africa," MPRA Paper 27668, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Michael P. Shields, 2007. "Foreign Aid And Domestic Savings: The Crowding Out Effect," Monash Economics Working Papers 35-07, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Baliamoune-Lutz, Mina N., 2006. "Financial Reform and the Mobilization of Domestic Savings: The Experience of Morocco," WIDER Working Paper Series 100, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Manuel R. Agosin & Juan Pablo Atal & Juan S. Blyde & Matías Busso & Eduardo A. Cavallo & Alberto E. Chong & Christian Daude & Eduardo Fernández-Arias & Arturo Galindo & Pablo Ibarrarán & Alejandro Izq, 2010. "La era de la productividad: Cómo transformar las economías desde sus cimientos," IDB Publications (Books), Inter-American Development Bank, number 56538 edited by Carmen Pagés, May.
- Prof. Dr. Hatice Dogukanli & Songül Kakilli Acaravci & Serkan Yilmaz Kandir, 2003. "Examining Systematic and Nonsystematic Risks of the ISE Financial Sector Companies," Istanbul Stock Exchange Review, Research and Business Development Department, Borsa Istanbul, vol. 6(24), pages 1-14.
- Santonu Basu, 2006. "Structural Problems in Financing Development: Issues Relating to India," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(1), pages 85-101.
- Sheilla Nyasha & Nicholas M. Odhiambo, 2015. "The Impact of Banks and Stock Market Development on Economic Growth in South Africa: an ARDL-bounds Testing Approach," Contemporary Economics, University of Finance and Management in Warsaw, vol. 9(1), April.
- Alexandr Akimov & Brian Dollery, 2009. "Financial System Development in Indonesia and South Korea in 1980s and early 1990s: Policies and Outcomes," Discussion Papers in Finance finance:200906, Griffith University, Department of Accounting, Finance and Economics.
- Polat, Ali & Shahbaz, Muhammad & Ur Rehman, Ijaz & Satti, Saqlain Latif, 2013. "Revisiting Linkages between Financial Development, Trade Openness and Economic Growth in South Africa: Fresh Evidence from Combined Cointegration Test," MPRA Paper 51724, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 25 Nov 2013.
- Arup Maharatna, 2008. "Development of What? An Exposition of the Politics of Development Economics," Working Papers id:1819, eSocialSciences.
- Heun, Michael & Schlink, Torsten, 2004. "Early warning systems of financial crises: implementation of a currency crisis model for Uganda," Frankfurt School - Working Paper Series 59, Frankfurt School of Finance and Management.
- Muhammad, Shahbaz & Lean, Hooi Hooi, 2011. "Does Financial Development Increase Energy Consumption? Role of Industrialization and Urbanization in Tunisia," MPRA Paper 33194, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 06 Sep 2011.
- Gérard Grellet, 1992. "Pourquoi les pays en voie de développement ont-ils des rythmes de croissance aussi différents ? Un survol critique de quelques orthodoxies contemporaines," Revue Tiers Monde, Programme National Persée, vol. 33(129), pages 31-66.
- Alif Darrat, 1999. "Are Financial Deepening and Economic Growth Causally Related? Another Look at the Evidence," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(3), pages 19-35.
- Martin Raiser, 1997. "Destruction, diversity, dialogue: Notes on the ethics of development," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(1), pages 39-57.
- Luis Lanteri, 2013. "Stock Market Development and Economic Growth. Some Evidence for Argentina," BCRA Working Paper Series 201360, Central Bank of Argentina, Economic Research Department.
- Atilla Odabasi, 2003. "An Investigation of Beta Instability in the Istanbul Stock Exchange," Istanbul Stock Exchange Review, Research and Business Development Department, Borsa Istanbul, vol. 6(24), pages 15-32.
- Abdulkadir Rafindadi & Zarinah Yusof, 2015. "Do the dynamics of financial development spur economic growth in Nigeria’s contemporal growth struggle? A fact beyond the figures," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 49(1), pages 365-384, January.
- Naqvi, Syed Nawab Haider, 1996. "The significance of development economics," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 975-987, June.