Financial Development and Economic Growth Nexus in Emerging European Economies: New Evidence from Asymmetric Causality
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Demetriades, Panicos O & Luintel, Kul B, 1996. "Financial Development, Economic Growth and Banker Sector Controls: Evidence from India," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(435), pages 359-374, March.
- Syriopoulos, Theodore, 2007. "Dynamic linkages between emerging European and developed stock markets: Has the EMU any impact?," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 41-60.
- Qayyum, Abdul & Siddiqui, Rehana & Hanif, Muhammad Nadim, 2004. "Financial Development and Economic Growth: Evidence from Heterogeneous Panel Data of Low Income Countries," MPRA Paper 23431, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hatemi-J, Abdulnasser & Uddin, Gazi Salah, 2012. "Is the causal nexus of energy utilization and economic growth asymmetric in the US?," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 461-469.
- Ross Levine & Norman Loayza & Thorsten Beck, 2002.
"Financial Intermediation and Growth: Causality and Causes,"
Central Banking, Analysis, and Economic Policies Book Series,in: Leonardo Hernández & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel & Norman Loayza (Series Editor) & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel (Se (ed.), Banking, Financial Integration, and International Crises, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 2, pages 031-084
Central Bank of Chile.
- Levine, Ross & Loayza, Norman & Beck, Thorsten, 2000. "Financial intermediation and growth: Causality and causes," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, pages 31-77.
- Levine, Ross & Loayza, Norman & Beck, Thorsten, 1999. "Financial intermediation and growth : Causality and causes," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2059, The World Bank.
- Thorsten Beck & Ross Levine & Norman Loayza, 1999. "Financial Intermediation and Growth: Causality and Causes," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 56, Central Bank of Chile.
- Stijn Claessens & Neeltje van Horen, 2011.
"Foreign Banks: Trends, Impact and Financial Stability,"
DNB Working Papers
330, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Neeltje van Horen & Stijn Claessens, 2012. "Foreign Banks; Trends, Impact and Financial Stability," IMF Working Papers 12/10, International Monetary Fund.
- Peter Szilagyi & Jonathan Batten & Thomas Fetherston, 2003. "Disintermediation and the Development of Bond Markets in Emerging Europe," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(1), pages 67-82.
- Robert G. King & Ross Levine, 1993. "Finance and Growth: Schumpeter Might Be Right," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, pages 717-737.
- Dwight Jaffee & Mark Levonian, 2001. "The Structure of Banking Systems in Developed and Transition Economies," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 7(2), pages 161-181.
- R. Scott Hacker & Abdulnasser Hatemi-J, 2006. "Tests for causality between integrated variables using asymptotic and bootstrap distributions: theory and application," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(13), pages 1489-1500.
- King, Robert G. & Levine, Ross, 1993. "Finance, entrepreneurship and growth: Theory and evidence," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 513-542, December.
- Scott Hacker & Abdulnasser Hatemi-J, 2012.
"A bootstrap test for causality with endogenous lag length choice: theory and application in finance,"
Journal of Economic Studies,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 39(2), pages 144-160, May.
- Hacker, R. Scott & Hatemi-J, Abdulnasser, 2010. "A Bootstrap Test for Causality with Endogenous Lag Length Choice - theory and application in finance," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 223, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Khalifa Al-Yousif, Yousif, 2002. "Financial development and economic growth: Another look at the evidence from developing countries," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 131-150.
- Farah Hussain & Deb Kumar Chakraborty, 2012. "Causality between Financial Development and Economic Growth: Evidence from an Indian State," Romanian Economic Journal, Department of International Business and Economics from the Academy of Economic Studies Bucharest, vol. 15(35), pages 27-48, September.
- Taofik M. Ibrahim & Mohammed I. Shuaibu, 2013. "Financial Development: A Fillip or Impediment to Nigeria’s Economic Growth," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 3(2), pages 305-318.
- Hassan, M. Kabir & Sanchez, Benito & Yu, Jung-Suk, 2011.
"Financial development and economic growth: New evidence from panel data,"
The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 88-104, February.
- M. Kabir Hassan & Jung Suk-Yu, 2007. "Financial Development and Economic Growth: New Evidence from Panel Data," NFI Working Papers 2007-WP-10, Indiana State University, Scott College of Business, Networks Financial Institute.
- Christopoulos, Dimitris K. & Tsionas, Efthymios G., 2004.
"Financial development and economic growth: evidence from panel unit root and cointegration tests,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, pages 55-74.
- Carranza, Luis & Galdón-Sánchez, Jose E., 2000. "Financial intermediation, variability and the development process," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 6660, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Luis Carranza & Jose E. Galdon-Sanchez, 2000. "Financial Intermediation, Variability and the Development Process," STICERD - Development Economics Papers - From 2008 this series has been superseded by Economic Organisation and Public Policy Discussion Papers 21, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Luis Carranza & JosÃ© E. GaldÃ³n-SÃ¡nchez, 2002. "Financial Intermediation, Variability and the Development Process," Faculty Working Papers 04/02, School of Economics and Business Administration, University of Navarra.
- Toda, Hiro Y. & Yamamoto, Taku, 1995. "Statistical inference in vector autoregressions with possibly integrated processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1-2), pages 225-250.
- Godfrey Ndlovu, 2013. "Financial Sector Development and Economic Growth: Evidence from Zimbabwe," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 3(2), pages 435-446.
- Stern, Nicholas, 1989. "The Economics of Development: A Survey," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(397), pages 597-685, September.
- Chandavarkar, Anand, 1992. "Of finance and development: Neglected and unsettled questions," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 133-142, January.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial development; economic growth; asymmetric causality; emerging Europe.;
- G18 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- O52 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Europe
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eco:journ1:2013-03-14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ilhan Ozturk). General contact details of provider: http://www.econjournals.com .