Does financial development precede growth? Robinson and Lucas might be right
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Tsangyao Chang, 2002. "Financial development and economic growth in Mainland China: a note on testing demand-following or supply-leading hypothesis," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(13), pages 869-873.
- Ross Levine & Norman Loayza & Thorsten Beck, 2002.
"Financial Intermediation and Growth: Causality and Causes,"
Central Banking, Analysis, and Economic Policies Book Series,in: Leonardo Hernández & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel & Norman Loayza (Series Editor) & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel (Se (ed.), Banking, Financial Integration, and International Crises, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 2, pages 031-084
Central Bank of Chile.
- Levine, Ross & Loayza, Norman & Beck, Thorsten, 2000. "Financial intermediation and growth: Causality and causes," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 31-77, August.
- Levine, Ross & Loayza, Norman & Beck, Thorsten, 1999. "Financial intermediation and growth : Causality and causes," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2059, The World Bank.
- Thorsten Beck & Ross Levine & Norman Loayza, 1999. "Financial Intermediation and Growth: Causality and Causes," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 56, Central Bank of Chile.
- Magnus Blomström & Robert E. Lipsey & Mario Zejan, 1996.
"Is Fixed Investment the Key to Economic Growth?,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 111(1), pages 269-276.
- Magnus Blomstrom & Robert E. Lipsey & Mario Zejan, 1993. "Is Fixed Investment the Key to Economic Growth?," NBER Working Papers 4436, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Blomström, Magnus & Lipsey, Robert E & Zejan, Mario, 1993. "Is Fixed Investment the Key to Economic Growth?," CEPR Discussion Papers 870, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Emilia Mazur & W. Robert & J. Alexander, 2001. "Financial sector development and economic growth in New Zealand," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(8), pages 545-549.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michael Adusei, 2016. "Does Entrepreneurship Promote Economic Growth in Africa?," African Development Review, African Development Bank, vol. 28(2), pages 201-214, June.
- repec:agr:journl:v:2(602):y:2015:i:2(602):p:103-112 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sheilla Nyasha & Nicholas M. Odhiambo, 2017.
"Are Banks and Stock Markets Complements Or Substitutes? Empirical Evidence from Three Countries,"
Managing Global Transitions,
University of Primorska, Faculty of Management Koper, vol. 15(1 (Spring), pages 81-101.
- Nyasha, Sheilla & Odhiambo, Nicholas M., 2015. "Are banks and stock markets complements or substitutes? Empirical evidence from three countries," Working Papers 18926, University of South Africa, Department of Economics.
- Verhoef, Grietjie & Greyling, Lorraine & Mwamba, John, 2013.
"SAVINGS and economic growth: a historical analysis of the relationship between savings and economic growth in the CAPE Colony economy, 1850-1909,"
47819, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 19 Jun 2013.
- Grietjie Verhoef, Lorraine Greyling and John Mwamba, 2014. "Savings and economic growth: A historical analysis of the relationship between savings and economic growth in the Cape Colony economy, 1850 - 1909," Working Papers 408, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Marques, Luís Miguel & Fuinhas, José Alberto & Marques, António Cardoso, 2012.
"Interação entre o mercado acionista e o crescimento económico: Uma apreciação do caso português (1993-2010)
[Interaction between the stock market and economic growth: An assessment of the Portugues," MPRA Paper 39808, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Henryk Gurgul & £ukasz Lach, 2012.
"Financial Development and Economic Growth in Poland in Transition: Causality Analysis,"
Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver),
Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 62(4), pages 347-367, August.
- Gurgul, Henryk & Łukasz, Lach, 2011. "Financial development and economic growth in Poland in transition: causality analysis," MPRA Paper 38034, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gurgul, Henryk & Lach, Łukasz, 2012. "Financial Development and Economic Growth in Poland in Transition: Causality Analysis," MPRA Paper 52303, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:rss:jnljef:v1i1p3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Milena Lipovina-Bozovic & Julija Cerovic Smolovic, 2016. "Evidence on Economic Growth and Financial Development in Montenegro," Management, University of Primorska, Faculty of Management Koper, vol. 11(4), pages 349-365.
- Oludele Akinloye Akinboade & Emilie Chanceline Kinfack, 2013. "Interest rate reforms, financial deepening and economic growth in Cameroon: an empirical investigation," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(25), pages 3574-3586, September.
- repec:hur:ijarbs:v:7:y:2017:i:10:p:457-466 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:6:p:933-:d:100350 is not listed on IDEAS
- Abdulkadir Abdulrashid Rafindadi & Almustapha A Aliyu, 2017. "Growing the Growth of the Ghanaian Economy: Is the Function of the Countrys Financial Development of Any Significance?," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 7(2), pages 206-221, February.
- Ho, Sin-Yu & Njindan Iyke, Bernard, 2017. "Empirical Reassessment of Bank-based Financial Development and Economic Growth in Hong Kong," MPRA Paper 78920, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Marques, Luís Miguel & Fuinhas, José Alberto & Marques, António Cardoso, 2013. "Does the stock market cause economic growth? Portuguese evidence of economic regime change," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 316-324.
- Claude Berthomieu & Anastasia Ri, 2009. "Process and Effects of Financial Liberalization in Transition Countries: A Selective Literature Survey," Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 56(4), pages 453-473, December.
- Nyasha, Sheilla & Gwenhure, Yvonne & Odhiambo, Nicholas M., 2017. "The Dynamic Causal Linkage Between Financial Development And Economic Growth: Empirical Evidence From Ethiopia," Economia Internazionale / International Economics, Camera di Commercio Industria Artigianato Agricoltura di Genova, vol. 70(1), pages 73-102.
- Vernikov, Andrei, 2017.
"Структурные Или Институциональные Сдвиги? Попытка Измерения На Примере Банковского Сектора
[Structural change, institutional change and their measurement: The case of banking]," MPRA Paper 79978, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nicholas Odhiambo, 2010. "Finance-investment-growth nexus in South Africa: an ARDL-bounds testing procedure," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 43(3), pages 205-219, August.
- N M Odhiambo, 2008. "Financial Development in Kenya: a Dynamic Test of the Finance-led Growth Hypothesis," Economic Issues Journal Articles, Economic Issues, vol. 13(2), pages 21-36, September.
- Delia-Elena DIACONAŞU, 2015. "Stock market – economy growth nexus in an emerging country. The case of Romania," Theoretical and Applied Economics, Asociatia Generala a Economistilor din Romania - AGER, vol. 0(2(603), S), pages 103-112, Summer.
- Oludele Akinboade & Emilie Kinfack, 2014. "An Econometric Analysis of the Relationship Between Millennium Development Goals, Economic Growth and Financial Development in South Africa," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 118(2), pages 775-795, September.
- repec:eee:quaeco:v:64:y:2017:i:c:p:44-56 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:apeclt:v:14:y:2007:i:1:p:15-19. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEL20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.