Is the UAE stock market integrated with the USA stock market? New evidence from asymmetric causality testing
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kim, Jae H. & Shamsuddin, Abul, 2008. "Are Asian stock markets efficient? Evidence from new multiple variance ratio tests," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 518-532, June.
- A. Hatemi-J, 2003. "A new method to choose optimal lag order in stable and unstable VAR models," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(3), pages 135-137.
- D Büttner & B. Hayo, 2012.
"EMU-related news and financial markets in the Czech Republic, Hungary and Poland,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(31), pages 4037-4053, November.
- David Büttner & Bernd Hayo, 2008. "EMU-related News and Financial Markets in the Czech Republic, Hungary and Poland," MAGKS Papers on Economics 200815, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Bernd Hayo & David Buettner, 2011. "EMU-related News and Financial Markets in the Czech Republic, Hungary and Poland," Post-Print hal-00716632, HAL.
- Alvarez-Ramirez, Jose & Rodriguez, Eduardo & Carlos Echeverria, Juan, 2009. "A DFA approach for assessing asymmetric correlations," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 388(12), pages 2263-2270.
- Claus, Edda & Lucey, Brian M., 2012. "Equity market integration in the Asia Pacific region: Evidence from discount factors," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 137-163.
- Kenourgios, Dimitris & Samitas, Aristeidis, 2011. "Equity market integration in emerging Balkan markets," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 296-307, September.
- Granger, Clive W.J. & YOON, GAWON, 2002. "Hidden Cointegration," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt9qn5f61j, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Jasim Al-Ajmi & J. H. Kim, 2012. "Are Gulf stock markets efficient? Evidence from new multiple variance ratio tests," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(14), pages 1737-1747, May.
- Toda, Hiro Y. & Yamamoto, Taku, 1995. "Statistical inference in vector autoregressions with possibly integrated processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1-2), pages 225-250.
- Samarakoon, Lalith P., 2011. "Stock market interdependence, contagion, and the U.S. financial crisis: The case of emerging and frontier markets," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 724-742.
- Agmon, Tamir, 1972. "The Relations Among Equity Markets: A Study of Share Price Co-Movements in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany and Japan," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 27(4), pages 839-855, September.
- Hamao, Yasushi & Masulis, Ronald W & Ng, Victor, 1990. "Correlations in Price Changes and Volatility across International Stock Markets," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 3(2), pages 281-307.
- Dooley, Michael & Hutchison, Michael, 2009.
"Transmission of the U.S. subprime crisis to emerging markets: Evidence on the decoupling-recoupling hypothesis,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 28(8), pages 1331-1349, December.
- Michael P. Dooley & Michael M. Hutchison, 2009. "Transmission of the U.S. Subprime Crisis to Emerging Markets: Evidence on the Decoupling-Recoupling Hypothesis," NBER Working Papers 15120, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- R. Scott Hacker & Abdulnasser Hatemi-J, 2006. "Tests for causality between integrated variables using asymptotic and bootstrap distributions: theory and application," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(13), pages 1489-1500.
- Abdulnasser Hatemi-J & Eduardo Roca, 2004. "An examination of the equity market price linkage between Australia and the European Union using leveraged bootstrap method," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(6), pages 475-488.
- Adler, Michael & Dumas, Bernard, 1983. " International Portfolio Choice and Corporation Finance: A Synthesis," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 38(3), pages 925-984, June.
- Jurgen A. Doornik & Henrik Hansen, 2008.
"An Omnibus Test for Univariate and Multivariate Normality,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 70(s1), pages 927-939, December.
- Jurgen A Doornik & Henrik Hansen, "undated". "An omnibus test for univariate and multivariate normalit," Economics Papers W4&91., Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Hammoudeh, Shawkat & Choi, Kyongwook, 2006. "Behavior of GCC stock markets and impacts of US oil and financial markets," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 22-44, March.
- Granger, C W J, 1969. "Investigating Causal Relations by Econometric Models and Cross-Spectral Methods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(3), pages 424-438, July.
- María Pía Olivero & Robert Madak, 2013. "Financial integration within Europe and the international transmission of business cycles among industrialized countries," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(1), pages 111-122, January.
- Rossella Calvi, 2010. "Assessing financial integration: a comparison between Europe and East Asia," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 423, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Al Nasser, Omar M. & Hajilee, Massomeh, 2016. "Integration of emerging stock markets with global stock markets," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 1-12.
- repec:eee:ecosys:v:41:y:2017:i:2:p:266-278 is not listed on IDEAS
- Donadelli, Michael & Persha, Lauren, 2014. "Understanding emerging market equity risk premia: Industries, governance and macroeconomic policy uncertainty," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 284-309.
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial market integration; Asymmetric causality test; The USA; The UAE;
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes; State Space Models
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:riibaf:v:26:y:2012:i:2:p:273-280. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ribaf .