Do Economists Make Bad Citizens?
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Is Economics the Problem?
by James Kwak in the baseline scenario on 2011-02-18 19:00:25
- 660. Psychology of money
by admin in Reflections on Gardenworld Politics on 2011-02-19 09:19:56
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:manint:v:50:y:2010:i:3:d:10.1007_s11575-010-0034-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bruno Frey & Stephan Meier, 2005. "Selfish and Indoctrinated Economists?," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 19(2), pages 165-171, April.
- Bruno S. Frey & Stephan Meier, "undated".
"Political Economists are Neither Selfish nor Indoctrinated,"
IEW - Working Papers
069, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Bruno S. Frey & Stephan Meier, 2001. "Political Economists are Neither Selfish Nor Indoctrinated," CESifo Working Paper Series 490, CESifo Group Munich.
- Orsini, Raimondello, 2006. "Etica ed Economia: alcune riflessioni sul concetto di scelta," AICCON Working Papers 33-2006, Associazione Italiana per la Cultura della Cooperazione e del Non Profit.
- Johansson-Stenman, Olof & Carlsson, Fredrik & Daruvala, Dinky, 2001. "Measuring Hypothetical Grandparents Preferences For Equality And Relative Standings," Working Papers in Economics 42, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Neva Goodwin & January 2001, 2001. "Civil Economy and Civilized Economics: Essentials for Sustainable Development," Development and Comp Systems 0106004, EconWPA.
- Marco Faravelli, 2005. "Looking for Agreement: an Experiment on Distributive Justice," Working Papers 92, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised Oct 2005.
- Bruno S. Frey & Stephan Meier, "undated". "Two Concerns about Rational Choice: Indoctrination and Imperialism," IEW - Working Papers 104, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- D.J. Butler, 2000. "Accounting for Heterogeneous Choices in One-shot Prisoner's Dilemma and Chicken Games," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 00-22, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Hamza Bennani, 2015.
"Dissecting the brains of central bankers: The case of the ECB’s Governing Council members on reforms,"
CEPII research center, issue 141, pages 97-114.
- Bennani, Hamza, 2015. "Dissecting the brains of central bankers: the case of the ECB's Governing Council members on reforms," MPRA Paper 62371, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Haucap, Justus & Heimeshoff, Ulrich, 2014.
"The happiness of economists: Estimating the causal effect of studying economics on subjective well-being,"
International Review of Economics Education,
Elsevier, vol. 17(C), pages 85-97.
- Haucap, Justus & Heimeshoff, Ulrich, 2014. "The happiness of economists: Estimating the causal effect of studying economics on subjective well-being," DICE Discussion Papers 157, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Haucap, Justus & Müller, Andrea, 2014.
"Why are economists so different? Nature, nurture, and gender effects in a simple trust game,"
DICE Discussion Papers
136, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Müller, Andrea & Haucap, Justus, 2014. "Why are Economists so Different? Nature, Nurture and Gender Effects in a Simple Trust Game," Annual Conference 2014 (Hamburg): Evidence-based Economic Policy 100554, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- van Hoorn, AndrÃ©, 2013. "Values of financial services professionals and the global financial crisis as a crisis of ethics," Research Report 13009-GEM, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
- Emmanuel PETIT (GREThA, CNRS, UMR 5113) & Anna TCHERKASSOF (Laboratoire Interuniversitaire de Psychologie. Personnalité, Cognition et Changement Social (LIP/PC2S), Université Pierre Mendès France) & X, 2012. "Sincere Giving and Shame in a Dictator Game," Cahiers du GREThA 2012-25, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- Bruno S. Frey & Stephan Meier, "undated". "Pro-Social Behavior, Reciprocity or Both?," IEW - Working Papers 107, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Chermak, Janie M. & Krause, Kate, 2002. "Individual Response, Information, and Intergenerational Common Pool Problems," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 47-70, January.
- Cappelen, Alexander W. & Sørensen, Erik Ø. & Tungodden, Bertil, 2010. "Responsibility for what? Fairness and individual responsibility," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 54(3), pages 429-441, April.
- Stephen Meier & Bruno Frey, 2004. "Do Business Students Make Good Citizens?," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(2), pages 141-163.
- Ruske René & Suttner Johannes, 2012. "Wie (un-)fair sind Ökonomen? – Neue empirische Evidenz zur Marktbewertung und Rationalität / How (un-)fair are economists? New empirical evidence on market valuation and rationality," ORDO. Jahrbuch für die Ordnung von Wirtschaft und Gesellschaft, De Gruyter, vol. 63(1), pages 179-194, January.
- repec:dgr:rugsom:13009-gem is not listed on IDEAS
- Kirchgassner, Gebhard, 2005.
"(Why) are economists different?,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, pages 543-562.
- Gebhard Kirchgässner, 2004. "(Why) Are Economists Different?," University of St. Gallen Department of Economics working paper series 2004 2004-18, Department of Economics, University of St. Gallen.
- Gebhard Kirchgässner, 2005. "(Why) Are Economists Different?," CESifo Working Paper Series 1396, CESifo Group Munich.
- Elliott, Catherine S. & Hayward, Donald M. & Canon, Sebastian, 1998. "Institutional framing: Some experimental evidence," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 455-464, May.
- Astri Drange Hole, 2013.
"How do economists differ from others in distributive situations?,"
Nordic Journal of Political Economy,
Nordic Journal of Political Economy, pages 1-4.
- Barth, Erling & Cappelen, Alexander W. & Ognedal, Tone, 2006. "Fair Tax Evasion," Memorandum 07/2006, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Barth, Erling & Cappelen, Alexander W. & Ognedal, Tone, 2013. "Fair tax evasion," Discussion Paper Series in Economics 11/2013, Department of Economics, Norwegian School of Economics.
- Dufwenberg, Martin & Muren, Astri, 2002. "Discrimination by Gender and Social Distance," Research Papers in Economics 2002:2, Stockholm University, Department of Economics.
- Leiser, David & Benita, Rinat & Bourgeois-Gironde, Sacha, 2016. "Differing conceptions of the causes of the economic crisis: Effects of culture, economic training, and personal impact," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 154-163.
- Neva Goodwin, "undated". "01-01 "Civil Economy and Civilized Economics: Essentials for Sustainable Development."," GDAE Working Papers 01-01, GDAE, Tufts University.
- İbrahim Erdem SEÇİLMİŞ, 2014. "Seniority: A Blessing or A Curse? The Effect of Economics Training on the Perception of Distributive Justice," Sosyoekonomi Journal, Sosyoekonomi Society, issue 22(22).
- João Carlos Graça & João Carlos Lopes & Rita Gomes Correia, 2014. "Economics education: literacy or mind framing? Evidence from a survey on the social building of trust in Portugal," Working Papers Department of Economics 2014/20, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Borisova, E. & Polishchuk, L. & Suvorov, A., 2014. "Observe or Violate: Intrinsic Motivation of Academic Ethics," Journal of the New Economic Association, New Economic Association, vol. 22(2), pages 41-72.
- Harvey S. James Jr. & Jeffrey Cohen, 2002. "Does Ethics Training Neutralize the Incentives of the Prisoner's Dilemma? Evidence from a Classroom Experiment," General Economics and Teaching 0202002, EconWPA, revised 12 Mar 2003.
- Rona-Tas, Akos & Guseva, Alya, 2013. "Information and consumer credit in Central and Eastern Europe," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, pages 420-435.
- Benito Arruñada & Xosé H. Vázquez, 2009. "Behavioral assumptions and management ability," Economics Working Papers 1157, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Apr 2010.
- Irina Mersianova & Natalya Ivanova & Irina Korneeva, 2014. "Russians’ Participation In Cash Donations: Factors And Level Of Involvement," HSE Working papers WP BRP 53/SOC/2014, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Bresser-Pereira, Luiz Carlos, 2010. "The global financial crisis, neoclassical economics, and the neoliberal years of capitalism," Revue de la Régulation - Capitalisme, institutions, pouvoirs, Association Recherche et Régulation, vol. 7.
- Pereira, Luiz C. Bresser, 2009. "The global financial crisis and after: a new capitalism?," Textos para discussão 240, FGV/EESP - Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Faravelli, Marco, 2007.
"How context matters: A survey based experiment on distributive justice,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, pages 1399-1422.
- Marco Faravelli, 2006. "How Context Matters: A Survey Based Experiment on Distributive Justice," ESE Discussion Papers 145, Edinburgh School of Economics, University of Edinburgh.
- Jakob Kapeller & Matthias Aistleitner & Stefan Steinerberger, 2017. "Citation Patterns in Economics and Beyond: Assessing the Peculiarities of Economics from Two Scientometric Perspectives," ICAE Working Papers 60, Johannes Kepler University, Institute for Comprehensive Analysis of the Economy.
- Lange, Andreas & Vogt, Carsten & Ziegler, Andreas, 2007.
"On the importance of equity in international climate policy: An empirical analysis,"
Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 545-562, May.
- Lange, Andreas & Vogt, Carsten & Ziegler, Andreas, 2006. "On the Importance of Equity in International Climate Policy: An Empirical Analysis," ZEW Discussion Papers 06-042, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- repec:spr:jbecon:v:87:y:2017:i:8:d:10.1007_s11573-016-0842-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Astri Drange Hole, 2008. "How do economists differ from others in distributive situations?," Labsi Experimental Economics Laboratory University of Siena 023, University of Siena.
- Gandal, Neil & Roccas, Sonia, 2002. "Good Neighbours / Bad Citizens: Personal Value Priorities of Economists," CEPR Discussion Papers 3660, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Eriksson, Ralf, 2005. "On the ethics of environmental economics as seen from textbooks," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(4), pages 421-435, March.
- Frederik Carlsson & Mitesh Kataria & Elina Lampi & M. Vittoria Levati, 2010. "Doing good with other people's money: A charitable giving experiment with students in environmental sciences and economics," Jena Economic Research Papers 2010-089, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Frederik Carlsson & Mitesh Kataria & Elina Lampi & M. Vittoria Levati, 2010.
"Doing good with other people's money: A charitable giving experiment with students in environmental sciences and economics,"
Jena Economic Research Papers
2010-089, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Carlsson, Fredrik & Kataria, Mitesh & Lampi, Elina & Levati, M., Vittoria, 2011. "Doing good with other people’s money: A charitable giving experiment with students in environmental sciences and economics," Working Papers in Economics 487, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Kevin Clark & Narda Quigley & Stephen Stumpf, 2014. "The Influence of Decision Frames and Vision Priming on Decision Outcomes in Work Groups: Motivating Stakeholder Considerations," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, pages 27-38.
- Buchan, Nancy R. & Johnson, Eric J. & Croson, Rachel T.A., 2006. "Let's get personal: An international examination of the influence of communication, culture and social distance on other regarding preferences," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 60(3), pages 373-398, July.
- Kawata, Yukichika, 2011. "Decision Making under Ecological Regime Shift: An Experimental Economic Approach," MPRA Paper 30016, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bauman, Yoram & Rose, Elaina, 2009. "Why Are Economics Students More Selfish than the Rest?," IZA Discussion Papers 4625, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- repec:noj:journl:v:38:y:2013:p:4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Frey, Bruno S. & Meier, Stephan, 2004. "Pro-social behavior in a natural setting," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 65-88, May.
- André Hoorn, 2015. "The Global Financial Crisis and the Values of Professionals in Finance: An Empirical Analysis," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, pages 253-269.
- Frank, Bjorn & Schulze, Gunther G., 2000. "Does economics make citizens corrupt?," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 101-113, September.
- Bodo Sturm & Joachim Weimann, 2006. "Experiments in Environmental Economics and Some Close Relatives," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(3), pages 419-457, July.
- Sacha Bourgeois-Gironde & David Leiser & Rinat Benita, 2010. "Human Foibles or Systemic Failure -- Lay Perceptions of the 2008-09 Financial Crisis," Post-Print ijn_00445611, HAL.
- Homann, Karl, 2003. "Braucht die Wirtschaftsethik eine "moralische Motivation"?," Discussion Papers 2003-4, Martin Luther University of Halle-Wittenberg, Chair of Economic Ethics.
- Ockenfels, Axel & Weimann, Joachim, 1999. "Types and patterns: an experimental East-West-German comparison of cooperation and solidarity," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, pages 275-287.
- Burmeister-Lamp, Katrin & Lévesque, Moren & Schade, Christian, 2012. "Are entrepreneurs influenced by risk attitude, regulatory focus or both? An experiment on entrepreneurs' time allocation," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 456-476.
- repec:eee:jeborg:v:143:y:2017:i:c:p:254-271 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cullis, John & Jones, Philip & Savoia, Antonio, 2012. "Social norms and tax compliance: Framing the decision to pay tax," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 159-168.
- Olof Johansson-Stenman & Fredrik Carlsson & Dinky Daruvala, 2002. "Measuring Future Grandparents" Preferences for Equality and Relative Standing," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(479), pages 362-383, April.