Citations for "Do Economists Make Bad Citizens?"
by Robert H. Frank & Thomas D. Gilovich & Dennis T. Regan
- Harvey S. James Jr. & Jeffrey Cohen, 2002. "Does Ethics Training Neutralize the Incentives of the Prisoner's Dilemma? Evidence from a Classroom Experiment," General Economics and Teaching 0202002, EconWPA, revised 12 Mar 2003.
- Borisova, E. & Polishchuk, L. & Suvorov, A., 2014. "Observe or Violate: Intrinsic Motivation of Academic Ethics," Journal of the New Economic Association, New Economic Association, vol. 22(2), pages 41-72.
- Kevin Clark & Narda Quigley & Stephen Stumpf, 2014. "The Influence of Decision Frames and Vision Priming on Decision Outcomes in Work Groups: Motivating Stakeholder Considerations," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 120(1), pages 27-38, March.
- Gebhard Kirchgässner, 2004.
"(Why) Are Economists Different?,"
University of St. Gallen Department of Economics working paper series 2004
2004-18, Department of Economics, University of St. Gallen.
- Bruno S. Frey & Stephan Meier, .
"Selfish and Indoctrinated Economists?,"
IEW - Working Papers
103, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- D.J. Butler, 2000. "Accounting for Heterogeneous Choices in One-shot Prisoner's Dilemma and Chicken Games," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 00-22, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Astri Drange Hole, 2013. "How do economists differ from others in distributive situations?," Nordic Journal of Political Economy, Nordic Journal of Political Economy, vol. 38, pages 4.
- Elliott, Catherine S. & Hayward, Donald M. & Canon, Sebastian, 1998. "Institutional framing: Some experimental evidence," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 455-464, May.
- Haucap, Justus & Heimeshoff, Ulrich, 2014. "The happiness of economists: Estimating the causal effect of studying economics on subjective well-being," DICE Discussion Papers 157, Heinrich‐Heine‐Universität Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Chermak, Janie M. & Krause, Kate, 2002. "Individual Response, Information, and Intergenerational Common Pool Problems," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 47-70, January.
- Stephan Meier & Bruno S. Frey, .
"Do Business Students make Good Citizens?,"
IEW - Working Papers
148, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Stephen Meier & Bruno Frey, 2004. "Do Business Students Make Good Citizens?," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(2), pages 141-163.
- Frederik Carlsson & Mitesh Kataria & Elina Lampi & M. Vittoria Levati, 2010.
"Doing good with other people's money: A charitable giving experiment with students in environmental sciences and economics,"
Jena Economic Research Papers
2010-089, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, Max-Planck-Institute of Economics.
- Carlsson, Fredrik & Kataria, Mitesh & Lampi, Elina & Levati, M., Vittoria, 2011. "Doing good with other people’s money: A charitable giving experiment with students in environmental sciences and economics," Working Papers in Economics 487, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Benito Arruñada & Xosé H. Vázquez, 2009.
"Behavioral assumptions and management ability,"
Economics Working Papers
1157, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Apr 2010.
- Bruno S. Frey & Stephan Meier, .
"Political Economists are Neither Selfish nor Indoctrinated,"
IEW - Working Papers
069, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Bruno S. Frey & Stephan Meier, 2001. "Political Economists are Neither Selfish Nor Indoctrinated," CESifo Working Paper Series 490, CESifo Group Munich.
- Bruno S. Frey & Stephan Meier, . "Two Concerns about Rational Choice: Indoctrination and Imperialism," IEW - Working Papers 104, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Bodo Sturm & Joachim Weimann, 2006. "Experiments in Environmental Economics and Some Close Relatives," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(3), pages 419-457, 07.
- Rona-Tas, Akos & Guseva, Alya, 2013. "Information and consumer credit in Central and Eastern Europe," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 420-435.
- Haucap, Justus & Müller, Andrea, 2014.
"Why are economists so different? Nature, nurture, and gender effects in a simple trust game,"
DICE Discussion Papers
136, Heinrich‐Heine‐Universität Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Müller, Andrea & Haucap, Justus, 2014. "Why are Economists so Different? Nature, Nurture and Gender Effects in a Simple Trust Game," Annual Conference 2014 (Hamburg): Evidence-based Economic Policy 100554, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Hoorn, AndrÃ© van, 2013. "Values of financial services professionals and the global financial crisis as a crisis of ethics," Research Report 13009-GEM, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
- Orsini, Raimondello, 2006. "Etica ed Economia: alcune riflessioni sul concetto di scelta," AICCON Working Papers 33-2006, Associazione Italiana per la Cultura della Cooperazione e del Non Profit.
- Lange, Andreas & Vogt, Carsten & Ziegler, Andreas, 2007.
"On the importance of equity in international climate policy: An empirical analysis,"
Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 545-562, May.
- Lange, Andreas & Vogt, Carsten & Ziegler, Andreas, 2006. "On the Importance of Equity in International Climate Policy: An Empirical Analysis," ZEW Discussion Papers 06-42, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Bennani, Hamza, 2015. "Dissecting the brains of central bankers: the case of the ECB's Governing Council members on reforms," MPRA Paper 62371, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Emmanuel PETIT (GREThA, CNRS, UMR 5113) & Anna TCHERKASSOF (Laboratoire Interuniversitaire de Psychologie. Personnalité, Cognition et Changement Social (LIP/PC2S), Université Pierre Mendès France) & X, 2012. "Sincere Giving and Shame in a Dictator Game," Cahiers du GREThA 2012-25, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- Ockenfels, Axel & Weimann, Joachim, 1999. "Types and patterns: an experimental East-West-German comparison of cooperation and solidarity," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 275-287, February.
- Marco Faravelli, 2006.
"How Context Matters: A Survey Based Experiment on Distributive Justice,"
ESE Discussion Papers
145, Edinburgh School of Economics, University of Edinburgh.
- Faravelli, Marco, 2007. "How context matters: A survey based experiment on distributive justice," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 91(7-8), pages 1399-1422, August.
- Johansson-Stenman, Olof & Carlsson, Fredrik & Daruvala, Dinky, 2001. "Measuring Hypothetical Grandparents Preferences For Equality And Relative Standings," Working Papers in Economics 42, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- João Carlos Graça & João Carlos Lopes & Rita Gomes Correia Abstract. This paper deals on the issue of whether or not studying economics has a relevant effect on molding the values and attitudes charac, 2014. "Economics education: literacy or mind framing? Evidence from a survey on the social building of trust in Portugal," Working Papers Department of Economics 2014/20, ISEG - School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, University of Lisbon.
- Kawata, Yukichika, 2011. "Decision Making under Ecological Regime Shift: An Experimental Economic Approach," MPRA Paper 30016, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cullis, John & Jones, Philip & Savoia, Antonio, 2012. "Social norms and tax compliance: Framing the decision to pay tax," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 159-168.
- Frey, Bruno S. & Meier, Stephan, 2004. "Pro-social behavior in a natural setting," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 65-88, May.
- repec:noj:journl:v:38:y:2013:p:4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cappelen, Alexander W. & Sørensen, Erik Ø. & Tungodden, Bertil, 2010. "Responsibility for what? Fairness and individual responsibility," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 54(3), pages 429-441, April.
- Neva Goodwin, . "01-01 "Civil Economy and Civilized Economics: Essentials for Sustainable Development."," GDAE Working Papers 01-01, GDAE, Tufts University.
- Eriksson, Ralf, 2005. "On the ethics of environmental economics as seen from textbooks," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(4), pages 421-435, March.
- Sacha Bourgeois-Gironde & David Leiser & Rinat Benita, 2010. "Human Foibles or Systemic Failure -- Lay Perceptions of the 2008-09 Financial Crisis," Post-Print ijn_00445611, HAL.
- Olof Johansson-Stenman & Fredrik Carlsson & Dinky Daruvala, 2002. "Measuring Future Grandparents" Preferences for Equality and Relative Standing," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(479), pages 362-383, April.
- Frank, Bjorn & Schulze, Gunther G., 2000. "Does economics make citizens corrupt?," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 101-113, September.
- Marco Faravelli, 2005. "Looking for Agreement: an Experiment on Distributive Justice," Working Papers 92, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised Oct 2005.
- Dufwenberg, Martin & Muren, Astri, 2002. "Discrimination by Gender and Social Distance," Research Papers in Economics 2002:2, Stockholm University, Department of Economics.
- Irina Mersianova & Natalya Ivanova & Irina Korneeva, 2014. "Russians’ Participation In Cash Donations: Factors And Level Of Involvement," HSE Working papers WP BRP 53/SOC/2014, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Pereira, Luiz Carlos Bresser, 2009. "The Global Financial Crisis And After: A New Capitalism?," Textos para discussão 240, Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Astri Drange Hole, 2008. "How do economists differ from others in distributive situations?," Labsi Experimental Economics Laboratory University of Siena 023, University of Siena.
- Burmeister-Lamp, Katrin & Lévesque, Moren & Schade, Christian, 2012. "Are entrepreneurs influenced by risk attitude, regulatory focus or both? An experiment on entrepreneurs' time allocation," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 456-476.
- Neva Goodwin & January 2001, 2001. "Civil Economy and Civilized Economics: Essentials for Sustainable Development," Development and Comp Systems 0106004, EconWPA.
- Gandal, Neil & Roccas, Sonia, 2002. "Good Neighbours / Bad Citizens: Personal Value Priorities of Economists," CEPR Discussion Papers 3660, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.