Citations for "The Population Problem: Theory and Evidence"
by Partha Dasgupta
- Ali,Daniel Ayalew & Deininger,Klaus W. & Kemper,Niels Gerd, 2015. "Pronatal property rights over land and fertility outcomes : evidence from a natural experiment in Ethiopia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7419, The World Bank.
- Michael Grimm, 2003. "Family and economic growth: A review," Mathematical Population Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(3), pages 145-173.
- Lucas Bretschger, 2013.
"Population Growth and Natural-Resource Scarcity: Long-Run Development under Seemingly Unfavorable Conditions,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 115(3), pages 722-755, 07.
- Lucas Bretschger, 2008. "Population growth and natural resource scarcity: long-run development under seemingly unfavourable conditions," CER-ETH Economics working paper series 08/87, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
- Lucas Bretschger, 2010. "Population Growth and Natural Resource Scarcity: Long run development under seemingly unfavourable conditions," OxCarre Working Papers 037, Oxford Centre for the Analysis of Resource Rich Economies, University of Oxford.
- Ph. Nguyen Van & Th. Azomahou, 2005.
"Nonlinearties and heterogeneity in environmental quality : an empirical analysis of deforestation,"
THEMA Working Papers
2005-13, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Nguyen Van, Phu & Azomahou, Theophile, 2007. "Nonlinearities and heterogeneity in environmental quality: An empirical analysis of deforestation," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 291-309, September.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:15:y:2002:i:5:p:1-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Carol Scotese Lehr, 2003.
"Evidence on the Demographic Transition,"
0302, VCU School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Abler, David G. & Rodriguez, Adrian G. & Shortle, James S., 1998. "Labor force growth and the environment in Costa Rica," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 477-499, October.
- Nzinga Broussard & Ralph Chami & Gregory Hess, 2015.
"(Why) Do self-employed parents have more children?,"
Review of Economics of the Household,
Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 297-321, June.
- Nzinga Broussard & Ralph Chami & Gregory Hess, 2003. "(Why) Do Self-Employed Parents Have More Children?," CESifo Working Paper Series 1103, CESifo Group Munich.
- Elise S. Brezis & Rodolphe Dos Santos Ferreira, 2014. "Endogenous fertility with a sibship size effect," Working Papers of BETA 2014-03, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Stymne, Susanna & Jackson, Tim, 2000. "Intra-generational equity and sustainable welfare: a time series analysis for the UK and Sweden," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 219-236, May.
- repec:afc:wpaper:06-06 is not listed on IDEAS
- Theodore Lianos, 2013. "The world budget constraint," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 15(6), pages 1543-1553, December.
- Thorsten Janus, 2013. "The political economy of fertility," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 155(3), pages 493-505, June.
- repec:tiu:tiutis:fe79a9d2-e9e3-4dbc-9539-cdece886993d is not listed on IDEAS
- Mikhail Golosov & Larry E. Jones & Michele Tertilt, 2004.
"Efficiency with Endogenous Population Growth,"
NBER Working Papers
10231, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mikhail Golosov & Larry E. Jones & Michèle Tertilt, 2006. "Efficiency with Endogenous Population Growth," Discussion Papers 05-012, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Mikhail Golosov & Larry E. Jones & Michele Tertilt, 2004. "Efficiency with endogenous population growth," Working Papers 630, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Mikhail Golosov & Larry E Jones & Michèle Tertilt, 2003. "Effciency with Endogenous Population Growth," Levine's Working Paper Archive 666156000000000310, David K. Levine.
- Mikhail Golosov & Larry E. Jones, 2004. "Efficiency with Endogenous Population Growth," 2004 Meeting Papers 8, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Bhattacharya, Haimanti & Innes, Robert, 2005. "Bi-Directional Links Between Population Growth and the Environment: Evidence From India," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19404, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Dasgupta, Partha, 1997. "Nutritional status, the capacity for work, and poverty traps," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 5-37, March.
- Hajamini, Mehdi, 2015. "The non-linear effect of population growth and linear effect of age structure on per capita income: A threshold dynamic panel structural model," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 43-58.
- Dasgupta, Partha, 2000. "Reproductive externalities and fertility behaviour," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(4-6), pages 619-644, May.
- Tapas Mishra & Claude Diebolt, 2010. "Demographic volatility and economic growth: convention and beyond," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 44(1), pages 25-45, January.
- סלימאן אבו-בדר ודר' דניאל גוטליב, 2009. "עוני, חינוך ותעסוקה בחברה הערבית-בדואית: מבט השוואתי (באנגלית)," Working Papers 357, National Insurance Institute of Israel.
- Suleiman Abu-Bader & Daniel Gottlieb, 2009. "Poverty, education and employment in the Arab-Bedouin society: A comparative view," Working Papers 137, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Bulte, Erwin & Horan, Richard D. & Shogren, Jason F., 2006.
"Megafauna extinction: A paleoeconomic theory of human overkill in the pleistocene,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 59(3), pages 297-323, March.
- Bulte, E.H. & Horan, R.D. & Shogren, J.F., 2006. "Megafauna extinction : A paleo-economic theory of human overkill in the Pleistocene," Other publications TiSEM eca52582-d470-489b-b2b5-4, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Sanjaya Acharya, 2004. "Measuring and Analyzing Poverty," European Journal of Comparative Economics, Cattaneo University (LIUC), vol. 1(2), pages 195-215, December.
- Kuhn, Michael & Wrzaczek, Stefan & Oeppen, Jim, 2010. "Recognizing progeny in the value of life," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 107(1), pages 17-21, April.
- Kohn, Robert E., 1999. "Thresholds and complementarities in an economic model of preserving and conserving biodiversity," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 151-172, June.
- Matthew S. Bothner & Joel M. Podolny & Edward Bishop Smith, 2011. "Organizing Contests for Status: The Matthew Effect vs. the Mark Effect," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 57(3), pages 439-457, March.
- Horan, R.D. & Bulte, E.H. & Shogren, J.F., 2003.
"A paleoeconomic theory of co-evolution and extinction of domesticatable animals,"
Other publications TiSEM
1acf662e-b6f4-4034-9b8c-8, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Richard D. Horan & Jason F. Shogren & Erwin Bulte, 2003. "A Paleoeconomic Theory of Co-Evolution and Extinction of Domesticable Animals," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 50(2), pages 131-148, 05.
- Horan, Richard D. & Shogren, Jason F. & Bulte, Erwin H., 2011. "Joint determination of biological encephalization, economic specialization," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 426-439, May.
- Azomahou, Theophile & Mishra, Tapas, 2009. "Stochastic environmental effects, demographic variation, and economic growth," MERIT Working Papers 016, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Brezis, Elise S., 2010. "Can demographic transition only be explained by altruistic and neo-Malthusian models?," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 233-240, April.
- Hongbin Li & Junsen Zhang & Yi Zhu, 2008.
"The quantity-Quality trade-Off of children In a developing country: Identification using chinese twins,"
Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 45(1), pages 223-243, February.
- Li, Hongbin & Zhang, Junsen & Zhu, Yi, 2007. "The Quantity-Quality Tradeoff of Children in a Developing Country: Identification Using Chinese Twins," IZA Discussion Papers 3012, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Birungi, Patrick & Hassan, Rashid M., 2010. "Poverty, property rights and land management in Uganda," African Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, African Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 4(1), March.
- Firouz Gahvari, 2009. "Pensions and fertility: in search of a link," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 16(4), pages 418-442, August.
- Poul Schou, 2002. "Pollution Externalities in a Model of Endogenous Fertility and Growth," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 9(6), pages 709-725, November.
- C. Simon Fan & Oded Stark, 2008. "Looking At The "Population Problem" Through The Prism Of Heterogeneity: Welfare And Policy Analyses," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 49(3), pages 799-835, 08.
- Horan, Richard D. & Bulte, Erwin & Shogren, Jason F., 2005. "How trade saved humanity from biological exclusion: an economic theory of Neanderthal extinction," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 1-29, September.
- Turner, Paul & Tschirhart, John, 1999. "Green accounting and the welfare gap," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 161-175, July.
- Baland, Jean-Marie & Robinson, James A., 2002.
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 84(3), pages 341-356, June.
- Robert Innes & George Frisvold, 2009. "The Economics of Endangered Species," Annual Review of Resource Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 1(1), pages 485-512, 09.
- Llerena, Freddy, 2012.
"Determinantes de la fecundidad en el Ecuador
[Determinants of fertility in Ecuador]," MPRA Paper 39887, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Feb 2012.
- Habibullah, M. & Masjuki, H.H. & Kalam, M.A. & Rahman, S.M. Ashrafur & Mofijur, M. & Mobarak, H.M. & Ashraful, A.M., 2015. "Potential of biodiesel as a renewable energy source in Bangladesh," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 819-834.
- Kohler, Hans-Peter, 2000. "Fertility decline as a coordination problem," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 231-263, December.
- Palivos, Theodore, 2001. "Social norms, fertility and economic development," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 25(12), pages 1919-1934, December.
- Elise S. Brezis, 2012. "Population Dynamics and Economic Growth: Should We Adopt Different Frameworks for Poor and Rich Countries?," Working Papers 2012-04, Bar-Ilan University, Department of Economics.
- Holger Strulik & Siddiqui Sikandar, 2002. "Tracing the income-fertility nexus: Nonparametric Estimates for a Panel of Countries," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 15(5), pages 1-9.