Wage discrimination and occupational segregation of foreign male workers in Germany
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Stewart, Mark B, 1983.
"Racial Discrimination and Occupational Attainment in Britain,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 93(371), pages 521-541, September.
- Mark B. Stewart, 1982. "Racial Discrimination and Occupational Attainment in Britain," Working Papers 538, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Silber, Jacques G., 1989. "On the measurement of employment segregation," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 237-243, September.
- Chiswick, Barry R, 1978. "The Effect of Americanization on the Earnings of Foreign-born Men," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(5), pages 897-921, October.
- Butler, Richard J., 1987. "New indices of segregation," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 359-362.
- Gilles Grenier, 1984. "The Effects of Language Characteristics on the Wages of Hispanic-American Males," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 19(1), pages 35-52.
- Pischke, Jörn-Steffen, 1992. "Assimilation and the earnings of guestworkers in Germany," ZEW Discussion Papers 92-17, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Dustmann, C, 1993. "Earnings Adjustment of Temporary Migrants," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 6(2), pages 153-168, May.
- Cotton, Jeremiah, 1988. "On the Decomposition of Wage Differentials," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 70(2), pages 236-243, May.
- Knut Gerlach, 1987. "A Note on Male-Female Wage Differences in West Germany," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 22(4), pages 584-592.
- Reimers, Cordelia W, 1983. "Labor Market Discrimination against Hispanic and Black Men," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 65(4), pages 570-579, November.
- Andrew M. Gill, 1994. "Incorporating the Causes of Occupational Differences in Studies of Racial Wage Differentials," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 29(1), pages 20-41.
- David Neumark, 1988.
"Employers' Discriminatory Behavior and the Estimation of Wage Discrimination,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 23(3), pages 279-295.
- David Neumark, 1987. "Employers' discriminatory behavior and the estimation of wage discrimination," Special Studies Papers 227, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Blau, Francine D & Ferber, Marianne A, 1987. "Discrimination: Empirical Evidence from the United States," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(2), pages 316-320, May.
- Diekmann, Andreas & Engelhardt, Henriette & Hartmann, Peter, 1993. "Einkommensungleichheit in der Bundesrepublik Deutschland : Diskriminierung von Frauen und Ausländern?," Mitteilungen aus der Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany], vol. 26(3), pages 386-398.
- Licht, Georg & Steiner, Viktor, 1993. "Assimilation, labour market experience, and earnings profiles of temporary and permanent immigrant workers in germany," ZEW Discussion Papers 93-06, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Deutsch, Joseph & Fluckiger, Yves & Silber, Jacques, 1994. "Measuring occupational segregation : Summary statistics and the impact of classification errors and aggregation," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 133-146, March.
- Oaxaca, Ronald L. & Ransom, Michael R., 1994. "On discrimination and the decomposition of wage differentials," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 5-21, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bella Struminskaya, 2011. "Selbständigkeit von Personen mit Migrationshintergrund in Deutschland: Ursachen ethnischer Unternehmung," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 418, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Golder, Stefan M. & Straubhaar, Thomas, 1999. "Discrimination in the Swiss Labour Market: an Empirical Analysis," CEPR Discussion Papers 2100, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Nanos, Panagiotis & Schluter, Christian, 2014.
"The composition of wage differentials between migrants and natives,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 23-44.
- Panagiotis Nanos & Christian Schluter, 2013. "The Composition of Wage Differentials between Migrants and Natives," Papers 1306.1781, arXiv.org, revised Oct 2013.
- Golder, Stefan M., 2000. "Endowment or Discrimination? An Analysis of Immigrant-Native Earnings Differentials in Switzerland," Kiel Working Papers 967, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Constant, Amelie F. & Massey, Douglas S., 2003. "Labor Market Segmentation and the Earnings of German Guestworkers," IZA Discussion Papers 774, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Steiner, Viktor & Wagner, Kersten, 1996. "Has earnings inequality in Germany changed in the 1980's?," ZEW Discussion Papers 96-32, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Brenzel, Hanna & Reichelt, Malte, 2015. "Job mobility as a new explanation for the immigrant-native wage gap : a longitudinal analysis for the German labor market," IAB Discussion Paper 201512, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
More about this item
KeywordsDiscrimination; occupational segregation; foreigners;
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- J15 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Minorities, Races, Indigenous Peoples, and Immigrants; Non-labor Discrimination
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- J71 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Discrimination - - - Hiring and Firing
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:zewdip:9504. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/zemande.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.