The Gender Earnings Differential in the Russian Transition Economy
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kleiner, Morris M., 1984. "Public policy implications of financial information requirements under the national labor relations act," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 253-257.
- Richard B. Freeman & Edward P. Lazear, 1995. "An Economic Analysis of Works Councils," NBER Chapters,in: Works Councils: Consultation, Representation, and Cooperation in Industrial Relations, pages 27-52 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ruback, Richard S & Zimmerman, Martin B, 1984. "Unionization and Profitability: Evidence from the Capital Market," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 92(6), pages 1134-1157, December.
- Kuhn, Peter, 1986. "Wages, Effort, and Incentive Compatibility in Life-Cycle Employment Contracts," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 4(1), pages 28-49, January.
- Barry T. Hirsch & Robert A. Connolly, 1987. "Do Unions Capture Monopoly Profits?," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 41(1), pages 118-136, October.
- Colin Lawrence & Robert Z. Lawrence, 1985. "Manufacturing Wage Dispersion: An End Game Interpretation," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 16(1), pages 47-116.
- Domowitz, Ian & Hubbard, R Glenn & Petersen, Bruce C, 1986. "The Intertemporal Stability of the Concentration-Margins Relationship," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(1), pages 13-34, September.
- Clark, Kim B, 1984. "Unionization and Firm Performance: The Impact on Profits, Growth, and Productivity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(5), pages 893-919, December.
- John H. Pencavel, 1984.
"The Tradeoff Between Wages and Employment in Trade Union Objectives,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 99(2), pages 215-231.
- John H. Pencavel, 1982. "The Trade-Off between Wages and Employment in Trade Union Objectives," NBER Working Papers 0870, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Connolly, Robert A & Hirsch, Barry T & Hirschey, Mark, 1986. "Union Rent Seeking, Intangible Capital, and Market Value of the Firm," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 68(4), pages 567-577, November.
- Peracchi, Franco & Welch, Finis, 1995.
"How representative are matched cross-sections? Evidence from the Current Population Survey,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 153-179, July.
- Paracchi, F. & Welch, F., 1992. "How Representative Are Matched Cross Sections? Evidence from the Current Population Survey," Working Papers 92-53, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Voos, Paula B & Mishel, Lawrence R, 1986. "The Union Impact on Profits: Evidence from Industry Price-Cost Margin Data," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 4(1), pages 105-133, January.
- Steven J. Davis & John Haltiwanger, 1992.
"Gross Job Creation, Gross Job Destruction, and Employment Reallocation,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 107(3), pages 819-863.
- Steve J. Davis & John Haltiwanger, 1990. "Gross Job Creation, Gross Job Destruction and Employment Reallocation," Working Papers 90-4, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Steve J. Davis & John Haltiwanger, 1991. "Gross Job Creation, Gross Job Destruction and Employment Reallocation," NBER Working Papers 3728, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Steve J. Davis & John Haltiwanger, 1991. "Gross job creation, gross job destruction and employment reallocation," Working Paper Series, Macroeconomic Issues 91-5, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Karier, Thomas M, 1985. "Unions and Monopoly Profits," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 67(1), pages 34-42, February.
- Michael A. Salinger, 1984. "Tobin's q, Unionization, and the Concentration-Profits Relationship," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 15(2), pages 159-170, Summer.
- Richard B. Freeman, 1983. "Unionism, Price-Cost Margins, and the Return to Capital," NBER Working Papers 1164, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Macpherson, D.A. & Dunne, T., 1992. "Unionism and Gross Employment Flows," Working Papers 1992_10_5, Department of Economics, Florida State University.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Oglobin, C., 2005. "The Gender Earnings Differential in Russia After a Decade of Economic Transition," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 5(3).
- Linz, Susan J. & Semykina, Anastasia, 2008.
"Attitudes and performance: An analysis of Russian workers,"
Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics),
Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 694-717, April.
- Susan J. Linz & Anastasia Semykina, 2005. "Attitudes and Performance: An Analysis of Russian Workers," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp758, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Mal'tseva Inna, 2005. "Gender differences in occupational mobility and segregation at the labor market: The case of Russian economy," EERC Working Paper Series 05-11e, EERC Research Network, Russia and CIS.
- Natalia V. Smirnova, 2003. "Re-employment Probabilities and Wage Offer Function for Russian Labor Market," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 547, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Andrén, Daniela & Andrén, Thomas, 2007.
"Occupational Gender Composition and Wages in Romania: From Planned Equality to Market Inequality?,"
IZA Discussion Papers
3152, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Andrén, Daniela & Andrén, Thomas, 2007. "Occupational gender composition and wages in Romania: from planned equality to market inequality?," Working Papers in Economics 261, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Munich, Daniel & Svejnar, Jan & Terrell, Katherine, 2005. "Is women's human capital valued more by markets than by planners?," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 278-299, June.
- Steven Stillman, 2000. "The Determinants of Private and Government Sector Earnings in Russia," Working Papers 00-17, RAND Corporation.
- Münich, Daniel & Svejnar, Jan & Terrell, Katherine, 2004.
"Do Markets Favour Women's Human Capital More Than Planners?,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
4760, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Münich, Daniel & Svejnar, Jan & Terrell, Katherine, 2004. "Do Markets Favor Women's Human Capital More than Planners?," IZA Discussion Papers 1393, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jurajda, Stepan, 2003. "Gender wage gap and segregation in enterprises and the public sector in late transition countries," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 199-222, June.
- Jolliffe, Dean & Campos, Nauro F., 2005.
"Does market liberalisation reduce gender discrimination? Econometric evidence from Hungary, 1986-1998,"
Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 1-22, February.
- Dean Jolliffe & Nauro F. Campos, 2004. "Does Market Liberalisation Reduce Gender Discrimination? Econometric Evidence from Hungary, 1986???1998," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 2004-678, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Randall K. Filer & Jan Hanousek, 2002.
"Data Watch: Research Data from Transition Economies,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 16(1), pages 225-240, Winter.
- Randall K. Filer & Jan Hanousek, 2001. "Data Watch: Research Data from Transition Economies," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 416, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Cordula Zabel, 2008. "Patterns of partnership formation among lone mothers in Russia," MPIDR Working Papers WP-2008-020, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany.
- Jurajda, Stepan & Harmgart, Heike, 2007. "When do female occupations pay more?," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 170-187, March.
- Oglobin, C., 2005. "The Sectoral Distribution of Employment and Job Segregation by Gender in Russia," Regional and Sectoral Economic Studies, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 5(2).
- Jurajda, Stepán & Paligorova, Teodora, 2009. "Czech female managers and their wages," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 342-351, June.
- Constantin Ogloblin & Gregory Brock, 2006. "Wage Determination in Rural Russia: A Stochastic Frontier Model," Post-Communist Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(3), pages 315-326.
- Pastore Francesco & Verashchagina Alina, 2007. "The gender wage gap in the Republic of Belarus," EERC Working Paper Series 04-133e, EERC Research Network, Russia and CIS.
- Ganguli, Ina & Terrell, Katherine, 2005. "Wage Ceilings and Floors: The Gender Gap in Ukraine's Transition," IZA Discussion Papers 1776, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Adamchik, A. & Bedi, A.S., 2001. "Persistence of the gender pay differential in a transition economy," ISS Working Papers - General Series 19091, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Stephen Deloach & Annie Hoffman, 2002. "Russia's second shift: Is housework hurting women's wages?," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 30(4), pages 422-432, December.
- Anna Lovasz, 2008. "Competition and the Gender Wage Gap: New Evidence from Linked Employer-Employee Data in Hungary 1986-2003," Budapest Working Papers on the Labour Market 0804, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Ben Yahmed, Sarra, 2016. "Formal but less equal: Gender wage gaps in formal and informal jobs in Brazil," ZEW Discussion Papers 16-085, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Astghik Mavisakalyan, 2016. "Looks matter: Attractiveness and employment in the former soviet union," Bankwest Curtin Economics Centre Working Paper series WP1604, Bankwest Curtin Economics Centre (BCEC), Curtin Business School.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sae:ilrrev:v:52:y:1999:i:4:p:602-627. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (SAGE Publications). General contact details of provider: http://www.ilr.cornell.edu .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .