Estimating the employment effects of a minimum wage from a cross-sectional wage distribution. A semi-parametric approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Andreas Knabe & Ronnie Schöb, 2009. "Minimum Wage Incidence: The Case for Germany," FinanzArchiv: Public Finance Analysis, Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 65(4), pages 403-441, December.
- Sergio Firpo, 2007.
"Efficient Semiparametric Estimation of Quantile Treatment Effects,"
Econometric Society, vol. 75(1), pages 259-276, January.
- Sergio Firpo, 2004. "Efficient Semiparametric Estimation of Quantile Treatment Effects," Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings 605, Econometric Society.
- David Neumark & William Wascher, 2006.
"Minimum Wages and Employment: A Review of Evidence from the New Minimum Wage Research,"
NBER Working Papers
12663, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Neumark & William Wascher, 2006. "Minimum Wages and Employment: A Review of Evidence from the New Minimum Wage Research," Working Papers 060708, University of California-Irvine, Department of Economics, revised Jan 2007.
- Koenig, Marion & Möller, Joachim, 2007. "Mindestlohneffekte des Entsendegesetzes? Eine Mikrodatenanalyse für die deutsche Bauwirtschaft," University of Regensburg Working Papers in Business, Economics and Management Information Systems 426, University of Regensburg, Department of Economics.
- Khan, Shakeeb & Powell, James L., 2001. "Two-step estimation of semiparametric censored regression models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 103(1-2), pages 73-110, July.
- Melly, Blaise, 2005. "Decomposition of differences in distribution using quantile regression," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 577-590, August.
- Dean Jolliffe & Bohdan Krushelnytskyy & Anastassia Semykina, 2001. "Censored least absolute deviations estimator: CLAD," Stata Technical Bulletin, StataCorp LP, vol. 10(58).
- Thomas K. Bauer & Jochen Kluve & Sandra Schaffner & Christoph M. Schmidt, 2009.
"Fiscal Effects of Minimum Wages: An Analysis for Germany,"
German Economic Review,
Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 10, pages 224-242, May.
- Bauer, Thomas K. & Kluve, Jochen & Schaffner, Sandra & Schmidt, Christoph M., 2008. "Fiscal Effects of Minimum Wages – An Analysis for Germany," Ruhr Economic Papers 79, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Bauer, Thomas K. & Kluve, Jochen & Schaffner, Sandra & Schmidt, Christoph M., 2008. "Fiscal Effects of Minimum Wages: An Analysis for Germany," IZA Discussion Papers 3875, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Joachim Ragnitz & Marcel Thum, 2007.
"Zur Einführung von Mindestlöhnen: empirische Relevanz des Niedriglohnsektors,"
ifo Dresden berichtet,
ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 14(03), pages 36-39, June.
- Marcel Thum & Joachim Ragnitz, 2007. "Zur Einführung von Mindestlöhnen: Empirische Relevanz des Niedriglohnsektors," ifo Schnelldienst, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 60(10), pages 33-35, May.
- James L. Medoff & Katharine G. Abraham, 1981. "The Role of Seniority at U.S. Work Places: A Report on Some New Evidence," NBER Working Papers 0618, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Arindrajit Dube & T. William Lester & Michael Reich, 2010.
"Minimum Wage Effects Across State Borders: Estimates Using Contiguous Counties,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 92(4), pages 945-964, November.
- Dube, Andrajit & Lester, T. William & Reich, Michael, 2010. "Minimum Wage Effects Across State Borders: Estimates Using Contiguous Counties," Institute for Research on Labor and Employment, Working Paper Series qt86w5m90m, Institute of Industrial Relations, UC Berkeley.
- Kenneth Y. Chay & James L. Powell, 2001. "Semiparametric Censored Regression Models," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 15(4), pages 29-42, Fall.
More about this item
- J23 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Demand
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- J38 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Public Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-01-12 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAB-2013-01-12 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-LMA-2013-01-12 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:vfsc12:62019. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfsocea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.