Did the Swiss exchange rate shock shock the market?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- BarthÃ©lÃ©my Bonadio & Andreas M Fischer & Philip SaurÃ©, 2020.
"The Speed of Exchange Rate Pass-Through,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
European Economic Association, vol. 18(1), pages 506-538.
- Bonadio, Barthélémy & Fischer, Andreas M & Sauré, Philip, 2016. "The speed of the exchange rate pass-through," CEPR Discussion Papers 11195, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Barthélémy Bonadio & Andreas M. Fischer & Philip Saure, 2016. "The speed of exchange rate pass-through," Globalization Institute Working Papers 282, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, revised 01 Sep 2016.
- Barthélémy Bonadio & Andreas M. Fischer & Philip Sauré, 2018. "The speed of exchange rate pass-through," Working Papers 2018-05, Swiss National Bank.
- Raphael Auer & Philip Saur�, 2012.
"CHF strength and Swiss export performance -- evidence and outlook from a disaggregate analysis,"
Applied Economics Letters,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(6), pages 521-531, April.
- Raphael Auer & Philip Sauré, 2011. "CHF Strength and Swiss Export Performance – Evidence and Outlook From a Disaggregate Analysis," Working Papers 11.03, Swiss National Bank, Study Center Gerzensee.
- Granger, Clive W. J. & Huangb, Bwo-Nung & Yang, Chin-Wei, 2000.
"A bivariate causality between stock prices and exchange rates: evidence from recent Asianflu,"
The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 337-354.
- Granger, Clive W.J. & Huang, Bwo-Nung & Yang, Chin W., 1998. "A Bivariate Causality between Stock Prices and Exchange Rates: Evidence from Recent Asia Flu," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt9bk607p6, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Nick Bloom & Stephen Bond & John Van Reenen, 2007.
"Uncertainty and Investment Dynamics,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 74(2), pages 391-415.
- Van Reenen, John & Bloom, Nick & Bond, Steve, 2006. "Uncertainty and investment dynamics," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 2645, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Nick Bloom & John Van Reenen & Stephen Bond, 2006. "Uncertainty and Investment Dynamics," NBER Working Papers 12383, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nick Bloom & Stephen Bond & John Van Reenen, 2006. "Uncertainty and Investment Dynamics," CEP Discussion Papers dp0739, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- N. Nergiz Dincer & Barry Eichengreen, 2014.
"Central Bank Transparency and Independence: Updates and New Measures,"
International Journal of Central Banking,
International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 10(1), pages 189-259, March.
- N. Nergiz Dincer & Barry Eichengreen, 2013. "Central Bank Transparency and Independence: Updates and New Measures," Working Papers 2013-21, Economic Research Institute, Bank of Korea.
- Mirkov, Nikola & Pozdeev, Igor & Soderlind, Paul, 2016.
"Toward Removal of the Swiss Franc Cap: Market Expectations and Verbal Interventions,"
Working Papers on Finance
1614, University of St. Gallen, School of Finance.
- Nikola Mirkov & Igor Pozdeev & Paul Söderlind, 2016. "Toward Removal of the Swiss Franc Cap: Market Expectations and Verbal Interventions," Working Papers 2016-10, Swiss National Bank.
- Campa, Jose Manuel, 2004.
"Exchange rates and trade: How important is hysteresis in trade?,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 48(3), pages 527-548, June.
- Campa, José Manuel, 2000. "Exchange Rates and Trade: How Important is Hysteresis in Trade?," CEPR Discussion Papers 2606, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Campa, Jose M., 2000. "Exchange rates and trade: How important is hysteresis in trade?," IESE Research Papers D/427, IESE Business School.
- Gomis Porqueras, Pedro & Puzzello, Laura, 2015. "Winners and losers from the Euro," Working Papers eco_2015_2, Deakin University, Department of Economics.
- Lera, Sandro Claudio & Sornette, Didier, 2016. "Quantitative modelling of the EUR/CHF exchange rate during the target zone regime of September 2011 to January 2015," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 28-47.
- Dirk Drechsel & Heiner Mikosch & Samad Sarferaz & Matthias Bannert, 2015. "How are firms affected by exchange rate shocks?," KOF Working papers 15-371, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Makram El-Shagi & Axel Lindner & Gregor von Schweinitz, 2016.
"Real Effective Exchange Rate Misalignment in the Euro Area: A Counterfactual Analysis,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(1), pages 37-66, February.
- El-Shagi, Makram & Lindner, Axel & von Schweinitz, Gregor, 2014. "Real Effective Exchange Rate Misalignment in the Euro Area: A Counterfactual Analysis," IWH Discussion Papers 6/2014, Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH).
- Gregor Bäurle & Elizabeth Steiner, 2015.
"How do Individual Sectors Respond to Macroeconomic Shocks? A Structural Dynamic Factor Approach Applied to Swiss Data,"
Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES),
Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 151(III), pages 167-225, September.
- Gregor Bäurle & Elizabeth Steiner, 2013. "How do individual sectors respond to macroeconomic shocks? A structural dynamic factor approach applied to Swiss data," Working Papers 2013-09, Swiss National Bank.
- Chamon, Marcos & Garcia, Márcio & Souza, Laura, 2017.
"FX interventions in Brazil: A synthetic control approach,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 157-168.
- Marcos Chamon & Laura Candido de Souza & Márcio Gomes Pinto Garcia, 2015. "FX interventions in Brazil: a synthetic control approach," Textos para discussão 630, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- Michael Hanke & Rolf Poulsen & Alex Weissensteiner, 2015. "Where Would the EUR/CHF Exchange Rate be Without the SNB's Minimum Exchange Rate Policy?," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 35(12), pages 1103-1116, December.
- Dario Fauceglia & Andrea Lassmann & Anirudh Shingal & Martin Wermelinger, 2018. "Backward participation in global value chains and exchange rate driven adjustments of Swiss exports," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 154(3), pages 537-584, August.
- Boriss Siliverstovs, 2016.
"The franc shock and Swiss GDP: how long does it take to start feeling the pain?,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(36), pages 3432-3441, August.
- Boriss Siliverstovs, 2015. "The franc shock and Swiss GDP: How long does it take to start feeling the pain?," KOF Working papers 15-373, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Abadie, Alberto & Diamond, Alexis & Hainmueller, Jens, 2010. "Synthetic Control Methods for Comparative Case Studies: Estimating the Effect of Californiaâ€™s Tobacco Control Program," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 105(490), pages 493-505.
More about this item
Keywordsexchange rate shock; stock markets; uncertainty; synthetic matching;
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- E50 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - General
- F30 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - General
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-MAC-2018-06-18 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:iwhdps:92018. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iwhhhde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.