How agglomeration in the financial services industry influences economic growth: Evidence from Chinese cities
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Romer, Paul M, 1986. "Increasing Returns and Long-run Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(5), pages 1002-1037, October.
- Lu, Jiangyong & Tao, Zhigang, 2009.
"Trends and determinants of China's industrial agglomeration,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 167-180, March.
- Lu, Jiangyong & Tao, Zhigang, 2007. "Trends and Determinants of China’s Industrial Agglomeration," MPRA Paper 6597, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Feldman, Maryann P. & Audretsch, David B., 1999.
"Innovation in cities:: Science-based diversity, specialization and localized competition,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 409-429, February.
- Audretsch, David B & Feldman, Maryann P, 1998. "Innovation in Cities: Science-Based Diversity, Specialization and Localized Competition," CEPR Discussion Papers 1980, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Robert G. King & Ross Levine, 1993. "Finance and Growth: Schumpeter Might Be Right," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 108(3), pages 717-737.
- Rousseau, Peter L. & Sylla, Richard, 2005.
"Emerging financial markets and early US growth,"
Explorations in Economic History,
Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 1-26, January.
- Peter L. Rousseau & Richard Sylla, 1999. "Emerging Financial Markets and Early U.S. Growth," NBER Working Papers 7448, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Peter L. Rousseau & Richard Sylla, 2000. "Emerging Financial Markets and Early U.S. Growth," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1254, Econometric Society.
- Peter L. Rousseau & Richard Sylla, 2000. "Emerging Financial Markets and Early U.S. Growth," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0015, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- van Soest, D.P. & Gerking, S.D. & van Oort, F.G., 2002. "Knowledge Externalities, Agglomeration Economies, and Employment Growth in Dutch Cities," Discussion Paper 2002-41, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Wen, Mei, 2004. "Relocation and agglomeration of Chinese industry," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 329-347, February.
- Gehrig, Thomas, 1998. "Cities and the Geography of Financial Centres," CEPR Discussion Papers 1894, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Krugman, Paul, 1991. "Increasing Returns and Economic Geography," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(3), pages 483-499, June.
- Glaeser, Edward L & Hedi D. Kallal & Jose A. Scheinkman & Andrei Shleifer, 1992.
"Growth in Cities,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(6), pages 1126-1152, December.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Hedi D. Kallal & Jose A. Scheinkman & Andrei Shleifer, 1991. "Growth in Cities," NBER Working Papers 3787, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Glaeser, Edward Ludwig & Kallal, Hedi D. & Scheinkman, Jose A. & Shleifer, Andrei, 1992. "Growth in Cities," Scholarly Articles 3451309, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Martin Andersson & Hans Lööf, 2011.
"Agglomeration and productivity: evidence from firm-level data,"
The Annals of Regional Science,
Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 46(3), pages 601-620, June.
- Andersson, Martin & Lööf, Hans, 2009. "Agglomeration and Productivity - evidence from firm-level data," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 170, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Giulio Cainelli & Riccardo Leoncini, 1999. "Externalities and long-term local industrial development. Some empirical evidence from Italy," Revue d'Économie Industrielle, Programme National Persée, vol. 90(1), pages 25-39.
- Bai, Chong-En & Du, Yingjuan & Tao, Zhigang & Tong, Sarah Y., 2004.
"Local protectionism and regional specialization: evidence from China's industries,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 397-417, July.
- Chong-En Bai & Yingjuan Du & Zhigang Tao & Sarah Y. Tong, 2003. "Local Protectionism and Regional Specialization: Evidence from China???s Industries," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 2003-565, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Aydogan, Neslihan & Lyon, Thomas P., 2004.
"Spatial proximity and complementarities in the trading of tacit knowledge,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 22(8-9), pages 1115-1135, November.
- Neslihan Aydogan & Thomas P. Lyon, 2004. "Spatial Proximity and Complementarities in the Trading of Tacit Knowledge," Microeconomics 0404004, EconWPA.
- Combes, Pierre-Philippe, 2000. "Economic Structure and Local Growth: France, 1984-1993," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 329-355, May.
- de Lucio, Juan J. & Herce, Jose A. & Goicolea, Ana, 2002. "The effects of externalities on productivity growth in Spanish industry," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 241-258, March.
- King, Robert G. & Levine, Ross, 1993. "Finance, entrepreneurship and growth: Theory and evidence," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 513-542, December.
- Forni, Mario & Paba, Sergio, 2002. "Spillovers and the Growth of Local Industries," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(2), pages 151-171, June.
More about this item
Keywordsfinancial services industry agglomeration; industry specialization; knowledge spillovers; city economies; hierarchical linear modeling;
- G20 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - General
- O4 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-02-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2014-02-21 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-EFF-2014-02-21 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-FDG-2014-02-21 (Financial Development & Growth)
- NEP-GEO-2014-02-21 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-GRO-2014-02-21 (Economic Growth)
- NEP-TRA-2014-02-21 (Transition Economics)
- NEP-URE-2014-02-21 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:ifwedp:20146. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iwkiede.html .