Report NEP-GRO-2014-02-21This is the archive for NEP-GRO, a report on new working papers in the area of Economic Growth. Marc Patrick Brag Klemp issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Remi Jedwab & Douglas Gollin & Dietrich Vollrath, 2014. "Urbanization with and without Industrialization," Working Papers 2014-01, The George Washington University, Institute for International Economic Policy.
- Remi Jedwab & Alexander Moradi, 2014. "Transportation Technology and Economic Change: The Impact of Colonial Railroads on City Growth in Africa," Working Papers 2014-03, The George Washington University, Institute for International Economic Policy.
- Remi Jedwab & Edward Kerby & Alexander Moradi, 2014. "History, Path Dependence and Development: Evidence from Colonial Railroads, Settlers and Cities in Kenya," Working Papers 2014-02, The George Washington University, Institute for International Economic Policy.
- Ching-Yang Lin, 2014. "Timing of Motherhood and Economic Growth," Working Papers EMS_2014_01, Research Institute, International University of Japan.
- Hiroshi Goto & Keiya Minamimura, 2014. "Fertility, Regional Demographics, and Economic Integration," Discussion Papers 1405, Graduate School of Economics, Kobe University.
- Olivier Thévenon, 2014. "Gender Equality (f)or Economic Growth? Effects of Reducing the Gender Gap in Education on Economic Growth in OECD Countries," Working Papers 202, Institut National d'Études Démographiques (INED).
- Manoel Bittencourt, 2014. "Primary Education and Fertility Rates in Southern Africa: Evidence from Before the Demographic Transition," Working Papers 201404, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Prettner, Klaus & Werner, Katharina, 2014. "Human capital, basic research, and applied research: Three dimensions of human knowledge and their differential growth effects," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 186, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Joscha Beckmann & Marek Endrich & Rainer Schweickert, 2014. "Government Activity and Economic Growth – One Size Fits All?," Kiel Working Papers 1903, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Remi Jedwab & Luc Christiaensen & Marina Gindelsky, 2014. "Rural Push, Urban Pull and... Urban Push? New Historical Evidence from Developing Countries," Working Papers 2014-04, The George Washington University, Institute for International Economic Policy.
- Liang, Lin & Lin, Shanglang & Li, Yong, 2014. "How agglomeration in the financial services industry influences economic growth: Evidence from Chinese cities," Economics Discussion Papers 2014-6, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Robert J. Gordon, 2014. "The Demise of U.S. Economic Growth: Restatement, Rebuttal, and Reflections," NBER Working Papers 19895, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Agenor, Pierre-Richard & Canuto, Otaviano, 2014. "Access to finance, product innovation and middle-income traps," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6767, The World Bank.
- Andrew E. Clark & Sarah Flèche & Claudia Senik, 2014. "Economic Growth Evens-Out Happiness: Evidence from Six Surveys," PSE Working Papers halshs-00936145, HAL.
- Ali, Sharafat, 2014. "Inflation, Income Inequality and Economic Growth in Pakistan: A Cointegration Analysis," MPRA Paper 53706, University Library of Munich, Germany.