The impact of military work experience on later hiring chances in the civilian labour market: Evidence from a field experiment
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Baert, Stijn & Balcaen, Pieter, 2013. "The impact of military work experience on later hiring chances in the civilian labour market: Evidence from a field experiment," Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW), vol. 7, pages 1-17.
- S. Baert & P. Balcaen, 2013. "The Impact of Military Work Experience on Later Hiring Chances in the Civilian Labour Market. Evidence from a Field Experiment," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 13/843, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mark C. Berger & Barry T. Hirsch, 1983. "The Civilian Earnings Experience of Vietnam - Era Veterans," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 18(4), pages 455-479.
- Peter A. Riach & Judith Rich, 2004. "Deceptive Field Experiments of Discrimination: Are they Ethical?," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 57(3), pages 457-470, August.
More about this item
Keywordsfield experiments; hiring discrimination; economics of defence;
- C93 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Field Experiments
- J45 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Public Sector Labor Markets
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- J71 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Discrimination - - - Hiring and Firing
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-07-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-EXP-2013-07-15 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-HRM-2013-07-15 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-LAB-2013-07-15 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:ifwedp:201334. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iwkiede.html .