University funding systems: impact on research and teaching
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Beath, John & Poyago-Theotoky, Joanna & Ulph, David, 2012. "University funding systems: Impact on research and teaching," Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW), vol. 6, pages 1-24.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gautier, Axel & Wauthy, Xavier, 2007.
"Teaching versus research: A multi-tasking approach to multi-department universities,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 273-295, February.
- GAUTIER, Axel & WAUTHY, Xavier, 2004. "Teaching versus research: a multi-tasking approach to multi-department universities," CORE Discussion Papers 2004003, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Geraint Johnes, 2007.
"Funding Formulae where Costs Legitimately Differ: The Case of Higher Education in England,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(4), pages 385-404.
- G Johnes, 2005. "Funding formulae where costs legitimately differ: the case of higher education in England," Working Papers 574022, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
- Beath, John & Owen, Robert F. & Poyago-Theotoky, Joanna & Ulph, David, 2003. "Optimal incentives for income-generation in universities: the rule of thumb for the Compton tax," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 21(9), pages 1301-1322, November.
- De Fraja, Gianni & Iossa, Elisabetta, 2002. "Competition among Universities and the Emergence of the Elite Institution," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(3), pages 275-293, July.
- Chapman, Bruce, 1997.
"Conceptual Issues and the Australian Experience with Income Contingent Charges for Higher Education,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(442), pages 738-751, May.
- Chapman, B., 1996. "Conceptual Issues and the Australian Experience with Income Contingent Charges for Higher Education," CEPR Discussion Papers 350, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Borooah, Vani K, 1994. "Modelling Institutional Behaviour: A Microeconomic Analysis of University Management," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 81(1-2), pages 101-124, October.
- Lisa Grazzini & Annalisa Luporini & Alessandro Petretto, 2010. "Competition between State Universities," Working Papers - Economics wp2010_02.rdf, Universita' degli Studi di Firenze, Dipartimento di Scienze per l'Economia e l'Impresa.
- Robert J. Gary-Bobo & Alain Trannoy, 2005.
"Efficient Tuition & Fees, Examinations, and Subsidies,"
IDEP Working Papers
0501, Institut d'economie publique (IDEP), Marseille, France, revised 01 Mar 2005.
- Gary-Bobo, Robert J. & Trannoy, Alain, 2005. "Efficient Tuition & Fees, Examinations and Subsidies," CEPR Discussion Papers 5011, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alexander Kemnitz, 2007.
"University Funding Reform, Competition, and Teaching Quality,"
Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE),
Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 163(2), pages 356-378, June.
- Kemnitz, Alexander, 2007. "University Funding Reform, Competition and Teaching Quality," Dresden Discussion Paper Series in Economics 01/07, Technische Universität Dresden, Faculty of Business and Economics, Department of Economics.
- David Greenaway & Michelle Haynes, 2003. "Funding Higher Education in The UK: The Role of Fees and Loans," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(485), pages 150-166, February.
- Charles T. Clotfelter, 1999. "The Familiar but Curious Economics of Higher Education: Introduction to a Symposium," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 13(1), pages 3-12, Winter.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Should universities focus on teaching or research?
by Economic Logician in Economic Logic on 2011-04-20 19:47:00
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stelios Katranidis & Theodore Panagiotidis & Costas Zontanos, 2014.
"An Evaluation Of The Greek Universities’ Economics Departments,"
Bulletin of Economic Research,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 66(2), pages 173-182, April.
- Stelios Katranidis & Theodore Panagiotidis & Costas Zontanos, 2012. "An Evaluation of the Greek Universities Economics Departments," Working Paper series 03_12, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Stelios Katranidis & Theodore Panagiotidis & Costas Zontanos, 2012. "An evaluation of the Greek Universities Economics Departments," Discussion Paper Series 2012_01, Department of Economics, University of Macedonia, revised Jan 2012.
- Marie-Laure Cabon-Dhersin & Jonas Didisse, 2017. "Inter-university competition and high tuition fees," Working Papers halshs-01174291, HAL.
- Verbitskiy, Andrey & Fridman, Alla, 2014. "Competition between universities and government regulation," Economic Policy, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration, pages 137-160, December.
More about this item
Keywordsuniversity funding systems; higher education; research quality; teaching quality; university budget constraint;
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
- I22 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Educational Finance; Financial Aid
- I23 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Higher Education; Research Institutions
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-03-19 (All new papers)
- NEP-EDU-2011-03-19 (Education)
- NEP-LAB-2011-03-19 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-SOG-2011-03-19 (Sociology of Economics)
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:ifwedp:20111. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iwkiede.html .