Geographies of transition: The political and geographical factors of agrarian change in Tajikistan
[Geographien der Transformation: Die politischen und geographischen Faktoren der Landreform in Tadschikistan]
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lerman, Zvi, 1998.
"Does Land Reform Matter? Some Experiences from the Former Soviet Union,"
European Review of Agricultural Economics,
Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 25(3), pages 307-330.
- Lerman, Zvi, 1997. "Does Land Reform Matter? Some Experiences from the Former Soviet Union," Working Papers 232803, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Center for Agricultural Economic Research.
- Spoor, M.N., 1995. "Agrarian transition in former Soviet Central Asia : a comparative study of Uzbekistan and Kyrgyzstan," ISS Working Papers - General Series 18971, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Johan F. M. Swinnen & Ayo Heinegg, 2002.
"On the political economy of land reforms in the former Soviet Union,"
Journal of International Development,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(7), pages 1019-1031.
- Johan Swinnen & Ayo Heinegg, 2002. "On the Political Economy of Land Reforms in the Former Soviet Union," LICOS Discussion Papers 11502, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Lerman, Zvi, 2009.
"Agricultural Recovery and Individual Land Tenure: Lessons from Central Asia,"
93126, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Department of Agricultural Economics and Management.
- Lerman, Zvi, 2009. "Agricultural Recovery and Individual Land Tenure: Lessons from Central Asia," Discussion Papers 54714, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Department of Agricultural Economics and Management.
- Csaki, C., 2000. "Agricultural reforms in Central and Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union: Status and perspectives," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 22(1), pages 37-54, January.
- Petrick, Martin & Wandel, Jürgen & Karsten, Katharina, 2013.
"Rediscovering the Virgin Lands: Agricultural investment and rural livelihoods in a Eurasian frontier area,"
EconStor Open Access Articles,
ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, pages 164-179.
- Petrick, Martin & Wandel, Jürgen & Karsten, Katharina, 2013. "Rediscovering the Virgin Lands: Agricultural Investment and Rural Livelihoods in a Eurasian Frontier Area," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 164-179.
- Macours, Karen & Swinnen, Johan F M, 2002. "Patterns of Agrarian Transition," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 50(2), pages 365-394, January.
- Lerman, Zvi & Wolfgramm, Bettina, 2011. "Land use policies and practices for reducing vulnerability in rural Tajikistan," Discussion Papers 119834, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Department of Agricultural Economics and Management.
- Khan, Azizur Rahman & Ghai, Dharam, 1979. "Collective agriculture in Soviet Central Asia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 7(4-5), pages 467-491.
- Karen Macours & Johan F. M. Swinnen, 2000. "Impact of Initial Conditions and Reform Policies on Agricultural Performance in Central and Eastern Europe, the Former Soviet Union, and East Asia," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 82(5), pages 1149-1155.
- Swinnen, Johan F.M. & Rozelle, Scott, 2006. "From Marx and Mao to the Market: The Economics and Politics of Agricultural Transition," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199288915.
- Johan F.M. Swinnen, 2009.
"Reforms, globalization, and endogenous agricultural structures,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 40(s1), pages 719-732, November.
- Swinnen, Johan F.M., 2009. "Reforms, Globalization, and Endogenous Agricultural Structures," 111th Seminar, June 26-27, 2009, Canterbury, UK 52802, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Michael Eichholz & Kristof Van Assche & Lisa Oberkircher & Anna-Katharina Hornidge, 2013. "Trading capitals? Bourdieu, land and water in rural Uzbekistan," Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 56(6), pages 868-892, July.
- Nodir Djanibekov & Kristof van Assche & Ihtiyor Bobojonov & John Lamers, 2012. "Farm Restructuring and Land Consolidation in Uzbekistan: New Farms with Old Barriers," Europe-Asia Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 64(6), pages 1101-1126.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Theesfeld Insa & Klümper Frederike, 2016. "Interplay between structural change in Central Asian agriculture and institutional scarcity of land and water: evidence from Tajikistan," Zeitschrift für Wirtschaftsgeographie, De Gruyter, vol. 60(1-2), pages 81-96, June.
- Muller, Malte & Rommel, Jens, 2018. "Should I Stay or Should I Go? A Behavioral Approach to Organizational Choice in Tajikistan’s Agriculture," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 43(3), September.
More about this item
Keywordsagrarian change; political economy; former Soviet Union; Central Asia; Agrartransformation; politische Ökonomie; ehemalige Sowjetunion; Zentralasien;
- Q10 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - General
- Q15 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Land Ownership and Tenure; Land Reform; Land Use; Irrigation; Agriculture and Environment
- Z1 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CIS-2014-12-29 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-CWA-2014-12-29 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-POL-2014-12-29 (Positive Political Economics)
- NEP-TRA-2014-12-29 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:iamodp:151. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iamoode.html .