Report NEP-POL-2014-12-29This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Jenny C. Aker & Paul Collier & Pedro C. Vicente, 2013. "Is information power? Using mobile phones and free newspapers during an election in Mozambique," FEUNL Working Paper Series novafrica:wp1304, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Faculdade de Economia.
- Vítor Castro & Rodrigo Martins, 2014. "Are There Political Cycles Hidden Inside Government Expenditures?," GEMF Working Papers 2014-23, GEMF, Faculty of Economics, University of Coimbra.
- Corneo, Giacomo & Neher, Frank, 2014. "Democratic Redistribution and Rule of the Majority," CEPR Discussion Papers 10086, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gersbach, Hans & Imhof, Stephan & Tejada, Oriol, 2014. "Channeling the Say in Political Decision Bodies," CEPR Discussion Papers 10154, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Dirk Foremny & Ronny Freier & Marc-Daniel Moessinger & Mustafa Yeter, 2014. "Overlapping Political Budget Cycles in the Legislative and the Executive," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1429, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Resul Cesur & Naci Mocan, 2014. "Does Secular Education Impact Religiosity, Electoral Participation and the Propensity to Vote for Islamic Parties? Evidence from an Education Reform in a Muslim Country," Koç University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers 1422, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
- Gari Walkowitz & Arne R. Weiss, 2014. ""Read my Lips!" Experimental Evidence on the Effects of Electoral Competition on Shirking and Trust," Cologne Graduate School Working Paper Series 05-07, Cologne Graduate School in Management, Economics and Social Sciences.
- Bhanu Gupta & Abhiroop Mukhopadhyay, 2014. "Local funds and political competition: Evidence from the National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme in India," Global Development Institute Working Paper Series esid-042-14, GDI, The University of Manchester.
- Keefer, Philip & Milanovic, Branko, 2014. "Party age and party color : new results on the political economy of redistribution and inequality," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7129, The World Bank.
- Luca, Davide & Rodriguez-Pose, Andres, 2014. "Electoral politics and regional development: assessing the geographical allocation of public investment in Turkey," CEPR Discussion Papers 10043, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Markus Jantti & Gerald Jaynes & John E. Roemer, 2014. "The Double Role of Ethnic Heterogeneity in Explaining Welfare-State Generosity," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1972, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Brian Levy & Alan Hirsch & Ingrid Woolard, 2014. "South Africa's evolving political settlement in comparative perspective," SALDRU Working Papers 138, Southern Africa Labour and Development Research Unit, University of Cape Town.
- Massimiliano Ferraresi & Leonzio Rizzo & Alberto Zanardi, 2014. "Policy outcomes of single and double-ballot elections," Working papers 13, Società Italiana di Economia Pubblica.
- Alessandro Moro, 2014. "Understanding the dynamics of violent political revolutions in an agent-based framework," Working Papers 2014:21, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Hans Gersbach & Ulrich Schetter & Maik T. Schneider, 2014. "Taxation, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship," CER-ETH Economics working paper series 14/206, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
- Pratap Bhanu Mehta & Michael Walton, 2014. "Ideas, interests and the politics of development change in India: capitalism, inclusion and the state," Global Development Institute Working Paper Series esid-036-14, GDI, The University of Manchester.
- Voigtländer, Nico & Voth, Hans-Joachim, 2014. "Highway To Hitler," CEPR Discussion Papers 9983, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Fabian Wahl, 2014. "Origins of Political Change Ñ The Case of Late Medieval Guild Revolts," Working Papers 0069, European Historical Economics Society (EHES).
- Asongu Simplice, 2014. "On taxation, political accountability and foreign aid: empirics to a celebrated literature," Working Papers 14/017, African Governance and Development Institute..
- Uchenna EFOBI & Ibukun BEECROFT & Simplice ASONGU, 2014. "Foreign Aid and Corruption: Clarifying Murky Empirical Conclusions," Working Papers 14/025, African Governance and Development Institute..
- Huhtala, Anni & Remes, Piia, 2016. "Dimming Hopes for Nuclear Power: Quantifying the Social Costs of Perceptions of Risks," Working Papers 57, VATT Institute for Economic Research.
- Antony Millner & Geoffrey Heal, 2014. "Resolving Intertemporal Conflicts: Economics vs Politics," NBER Working Papers 20705, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- A. Berthou & H. Ehrhart, 2014. "Trade networks and colonial trade spillovers," Working papers 526, Banque de France.
- Michalopoulos, Stelios & Papaioannou, Elias, 2014. "Further Evidence on the Link between Pre-Colonial Political Centralization and Comparative Economic Development in Africa," CEPR Discussion Papers 10258, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Abdul-Gafaru Abdulai & David Hulme, 2014. "The politics of regional inequality in Ghana: State elites, donors and PRSPs," Global Development Institute Working Paper Series esid-041-14, GDI, The University of Manchester.
- Athanasios Lapatinas & Anastasia Litina & Eftichios Sophocles Sartzetakis, 2014. "Is Abatement Effective in the Presence of Corruption? A Theoretical Exploration," CREA Discussion Paper Series 14-29, Center for Research in Economic Analysis, University of Luxembourg.
- Hofman, Irna & Visser, Oane, 2014.
"Geographies of transition: The political and geographical factors of agrarian change in Tajikistan
[Geographien der Transformation: Die politischen und geographischen Faktoren der Landreform in Tad," IAMO Discussion Papers 151, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Transition Economies (IAMO).