Call for a Spatial Classification of Banking Systems through the Lens of SME Finance - Decentralized versus Centralized Banking in Germany as an Example
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Canales, Rodrigo & Nanda, Ramana, 2012.
"A darker side to decentralized banks: Market power and credit rationing in SME lending,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 105(2), pages 353-366.
- Rodrigo Canales & Ramana Nanda, 2008. "A Darker Side to Decentralized Banks: Market Power and Credit Rationing in SME Lending," Harvard Business School Working Papers 08-101, Harvard Business School, revised Aug 2011.
- Andreas Hackethal & Reinhard H. Schmidt & Marcel Tyrell, 2006. "The transformation of the German financial system," Revue d'économie politique, Dalloz, vol. 116(4), pages 431-456.
- Gunther Capelle-Blancard & Claire Labonne, 2016.
"More Bankers, More Growth? Evidence from OECD Countries,"
Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena SpA, vol. 45(1), pages 37-51, February.
- Gunther Capelle-Blancard & Claire Labonne, 2011. "More Bankers, More Growth? Evidence from OECD Countries," Working Papers 2011-22, CEPII research center.
- Gunther Capelle-Blancard & Claire Labonne, 2016. "More Bankers, More Growth? Evidence from OECD Countries," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-01297090, HAL.
- Pietro Alessandrini & Andrea F. Presbitero & Alberto Zazzaro, 2010.
"Bank size or distance: what hampers innovation adoption by SMEs?,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 10(6), pages 845-881, November.
- Pietro ALESSANDRINI & Andrea PRESBITERO & Alberto ZAZZARO, 2007. "Bank Size or Distance: What Hampers Innovation Adoption by SMEs ?," Working Papers 304, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Pietro Alessandrini & Andrea Filippo Presbitero & Alberto Zazzaro, 2008. "Bank Size or Distance: What Hampers Innovation Adoption by SMEs?," Mo.Fi.R. Working Papers 2, Money and Finance Research group (Mo.Fi.R.) - Univ. Politecnica Marche - Dept. Economic and Social Sciences.
- Chick, Victoria & Dow, Sheila, 1988. "A Post-Keynesian Perspective on the Relation Between Banking and Regional Development," Stirling Economics Discussion Papers PE/88/1, University of Stirling, Division of Economics.
- Sumit Agarwal & Robert Hauswald, 2007. "Distance and information asymmetries in lending decisions," Proceedings 1052, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Ross Levine, 1997.
"Financial Development and Economic Growth: Views and Agenda,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 35(2), pages 688-726, June.
- Levine, Ross, 1996. "Financial development and economic growth : views and agenda," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1678, The World Bank.
- Michel Aglietta & Régis Breton, 2001. "Financial systems, corporate control, and capital accumulation," Post-Print halshs-00256788, HAL.
- Andy Pike & Jane Pollard, 2010. "Economic Geographies of Financialization," Economic Geography, Clark University, vol. 86(1), pages 29-51, January.
- Levine, Ross, 2005. "Finance and Growth: Theory and Evidence," Handbook of Economic Growth,in: Philippe Aghion & Steven Durlauf (ed.), Handbook of Economic Growth, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 12, pages 865-934 Elsevier.
- Uchida, Hirofumi & Udell, Gregory F. & Watanabe, Wako, 2008.
"Bank size and lending relationships in Japan,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 242-267, June.
- Hirofumi Uchida & Gregory F. Udell & Wako Watanabe, 2006. "Bank Size and Lending Relationships in Japan," Discussion papers 06029, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Hirofumi Uchida & Gregory F.Udell & Wako Watanabe, 2007. "Bank Size and Lending Relationships in Japan," NBER Working Papers 13005, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Conrad, Alexander, 2008. "Banking in schrumpfenden Regionen: Auswirkungen von Alterung und Abwanderung auf Regionalbanken," Thuenen-Series of Applied Economic Theory 94, University of Rostock, Institute of Economics.
- Jane S. Pollard, 2003. "Small firm finance and economic geography," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 3(4), pages 429-452, October.
- Brian Uzzi & Ryon Lancaster, 2003. "Relational Embeddedness and Learning: The Case of Bank Loan Managers and Their Clients," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 49(4), pages 383-399, April.
- Koetter, Michael & Wedow, Michael, 2010.
"Finance and growth in a bank-based economy: Is it quantity or quality that matters?,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 29(8), pages 1529-1545, December.
- Koetter, Michael & Wedow, Michael, 2006. "Finance and growth in a bank-based economy: is it quantity or quality that matters?," Discussion Paper Series 2: Banking and Financial Studies 2006,02, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Jean Arcand & Enrico Berkes & Ugo Panizza, 2015. "Too much finance?," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 105-148, June.
- Johann Burgstaller, 2012. "Banks in Disadvantaged Areas," Credit and Capital Markets, Credit and Capital Markets, vol. 45(1), pages 51-78.
- Jose M. Liberti & Atif R. Mian, 2009. "Estimating the Effect of Hierarchies on Information Use," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(10), pages 4057-4090, October.
- Pietro Alessandrini & Andrea Filippo Presbitero & Alberto Zazzaro, 2008. "Geographical Organization of Banking Systems and Innovation Diffusion," Mo.Fi.R. Working Papers 3, Money and Finance Research group (Mo.Fi.R.) - Univ. Politecnica Marche - Dept. Economic and Social Sciences.
- Pietro Alessandrini & Andrea F. Presbitero & Alberto Zazzaro, 2009. "Global banking and local markets: a national perspective," Cambridge Journal of Regions, Economy and Society, Cambridge Political Economy Society, vol. 2(2), pages 173-192.
- Udell, Gregory F., 2008. "What's in a relationship The case of commercial lending," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 93-103.
- Britta Klagge & Ron Martin, 2005. "Decentralized versus centralized financial systems: is there a case for local capital markets?," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(4), pages 387-421, August.
- Boot, Arnoud W. A., 2000. "Relationship Banking: What Do We Know?," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 7-25, January.
- Franklin Allen & Douglas Gale, 2001. "Comparing Financial Systems," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262511258, January.
More about this item
Keywordscomparing banking systems; SME finance in Germany; savings and cooperative banks; decentralized vs. centralized banking;
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- P51 - Economic Systems - - Comparative Economic Systems - - - Comparative Analysis of Economic Systems
- R51 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Finance in Urban and Rural Economies
- O16 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-06-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2014-06-22 (Banking)
- NEP-GEO-2014-06-22 (Economic Geography)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:esprep:97512. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/zbwkide.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.