Geographical Organization of Banking Systems and Innovation Diffusion
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mohnen, Pierre & Roller, Lars-Hendrik, 2005.
"Complementarities in innovation policy,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 49(6), pages 1431-1450, August.
- Pierre Mohnen & Lars-Hendrik Röller, 2000. "Complementarities in Innovation Policy," CIG Working Papers FS IV 00-18, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Mohnen, Pierre & Roeller, Lars-Hendrik, 2003. "Complementarities in Innovation Policy," Research Memorandum 025, Maastricht University, Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Pierre Mohnen & Lars-Hendrick Röller, 2003. "Complementarities in Innovation Policy," CIRANO Working Papers 2003s-60, CIRANO.
- Pierre Mohnen & Lars-Hendrick Röller, 2001. "Complementarities in Innovation Policy," CIRANO Working Papers 2001s-28, CIRANO.
- Mohnen, Pierre & Röller, Lars-Hendrik, 2001. "Complementarities in Innovation Policy," CEPR Discussion Papers 2712, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Strauss-Kahn, Vanessa & Vives, Xavier, 2009. "Why and where do headquarters move?," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 168-186, March.
- Herrera, Ana María & Minetti, Raoul, 2007. "Informed finance and technological change: Evidence from credit relationships," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 83(1), pages 223-269, January.
- Berger, Allen N. & DeYoung, Robert, 2006.
"Technological Progress and the Geographic Expansion of the Banking Industry,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 38(6), pages 1483-1513, September.
- Allen N. Berger & Robert DeYoung, 2002. "Technological progress and the geographic expansion of the banking industry," Working Paper Series WP-02-07, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Allen N. Berger & Robert DeYoung, 2002. "Technological progress and the geographic expansion of the banking industry," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2002-31, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Walter Novaes & Luigi Zingales, 2004.
"Bureaucracy as a Mechanism to Generate Information,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, pages 245-259.
- Walter Novaes & Luigi Zingales, 1998. "Bureaucracy as a Mechanism to Generate Information," CRSP working papers 477, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Walter Novaes & Luigi Zingales, 2003. "Bureaucracy as a Mechanism to Generate Information," NBER Working Papers 9763, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Novaes, Walter & Zingales, Luigi, 2003. "Bureaucracy as a Mechanism to Generate Information," CEPR Discussion Papers 3945, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Davis, James C. & Henderson, J. Vernon, 2008. "The agglomeration of headquarters," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 445-460, September.
- Benfratello, Luigi & Schiantarelli, Fabio & Sembenelli, Alessandro, 2008.
"Banks and innovation: Microeconometric evidence on Italian firms,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 90(2), pages 197-217, November.
- Luigi Benfratello & Fabio Schiantarelli & Alessandro Sembenelli, 2005. "Banks and Innovation: Microeconometric Evidence on Italian Firms," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 631, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 13 Jun 2007.
- Benfratello, Luigi & Schiantarelli, Fabio & Sembenelli, Alessandro, 2006. "Banks and Innovation: Microeconometric Evidence on Italian Firms," IZA Discussion Papers 2032, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jose M. Liberti & Atif R. Mian, 2009. "Estimating the Effect of Hierarchies on Information Use," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(10), pages 4057-4090, October.
- P. Mohnen & F. Palm & S. Loeff & A. Tiwari, 2008.
"Financial Constraints and Other Obstacles: are they a Threat to Innovation Activity?,"
Springer, pages 201-214.
- Mohnen, Pierre & Palm, Franz & Schim van der Loeff, Sybrand & Tiwari, Amaresh, 2008. "Financial Constraints and Other Obstacles: Are they a Threat to Innovation Activity?," MERIT Working Papers 006, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Sybrand Schim van der Loeff & Pierre Mohnen & Franz Palm & Amaresh K. Tiwari, 2008. "Financial Constraints and other Obstacles: Are they a Threat to Innovation Activity?," CESifo Working Paper Series 2204, CESifo Group Munich.
- Milbourn, Todd T & Shockley, Richard L & Thakor, Anjan V, 2001. "Managerial Career Concerns and Investments in Information," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, pages 334-351.
- David Carter & James McNulty & James Verbrugge, 2004. "Do Small Banks have an Advantage in Lending? An Examination of Risk-Adjusted Yields on Business Loans at Large and Small Banks," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 25(2), pages 233-252, April.
- Allen N. Berger & Gregory F. Udell, 2002.
"Small Business Credit Availability and Relationship Lending: The Importance of Bank Organisational Structure,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(477), pages 32-53, February.
- Allen N. Berger & Gregory F. Udell, 2001. "Small business credit availability and relationship lending: the importance of bank organizational structure," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2001-36, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Galia, Fabrice & Legros, Diego, 2004. "Complementarities between obstacles to innovation: evidence from France," Research Policy, Elsevier, pages 1185-1199.
- Pietro Alessandrini & Andrea F. Presbitero & Alberto Zazzaro, 2009. "Banks, Distances and Firms' Financing Constraints," Review of Finance, European Finance Association, vol. 13(2), pages 261-307.
- Frédérique Savignac, 2006.
"The impact of financial constraints on innovation : evidence from french manufacturing firms,"
Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques
v06042, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Frédérique Savignac, 2006. "The impact of financial constraints on innovation : evidence from French manufacturing firms," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00115717, HAL.
- Pietro Alessandrini & Manuela Croci & Alberto Zazzaro, 2005.
"The geography of banking power: role of function distance,"
Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review,
Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 58(235), pages 129-167.
- Pietro Alessandrini & Manuela Croci & Alberto Zazzaro, 2005. "The geography of banking power: role of function distance," BNL Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 58(235), pages 129-167.
- Atif Mian, 2006. "Distance Constraints: The Limits of Foreign Lending in Poor Economies," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 61(3), pages 1465-1505, June.
- Takáts, Elöd, 2004. "Banking consolidation and small business lending," Working Paper Series 407, European Central Bank.
- Andy Pike, 2006. "'Shareholder value' versus the regions: the closure of the Vaux Brewery in Sunderland," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(2), pages 201-222, April.
- Alessandrini, Pietro & Calcagnini, Giorgio & Zazzaro, Alberto, 2008. "Asset restructuring strategies in bank acquisitions: Does distance between dealing partners matter?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 699-713, May.
- Pietro Alessandrini & Alberto Zazzaro, 1998. "A 'possibilist' approach to regional banking systems and financial integration: The Italian experience," ERSA conference papers ersa98p132, European Regional Science Association.
- Carter, David A. & McNulty, James E., 2005. "Deregulation, technological change, and the business-lending performance of large and small banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 1113-1130, May.
- Luis Garicano, 2000. "Hierarchies and the Organization of Knowledge in Production," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(5), pages 874-904, October.
- Jose Maria Liberti, 2004. "Initiative, Incentives and Soft Information. How Does Delegation Impact The Role of Bank Relationship Managers?," Finance 0404023, EconWPA.
- Rivers, Douglas & Vuong, Quang H., 1988. "Limited information estimators and exogeneity tests for simultaneous probit models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 347-366, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gärtner, Stefan & Flögel, Franz, 2014. "Call for a Spatial Classification of Banking Systems through the Lens of SME Finance - Decentralized versus Centralized Banking in Germany as an Example," EconStor Preprints 97512, ZBW - German National Library of Economics.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-02-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2009-02-14 (Banking)
- NEP-INO-2009-02-14 (Innovation)
- NEP-URE-2009-02-14 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:anc:wmofir:3. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Maurizio Mariotti). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/mfancit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.