Aircraft noise, health, and residential sorting: evidence from two quasi-experiments
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Stefan Boes & Stephan Nüesch & Steven Stillman, 2013. "Aircraft Noise, Health, And Residential Sorting: Evidence From Two Quasi‐Experiments," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(9), pages 1037-1051, September.
- Boes, Stefan & Nüesch, Stephan & Stillman, Steven, 2012. "Aircraft Noise, Health, and Residential Sorting: Evidence from Two Quasi-Experiments," IZA Discussion Papers 6744, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
References listed on IDEAS
- Oswald, Andrew J, 1997.
"Happiness and Economic Performance,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(445), pages 1815-1831, November.
- Oswald, Andrew, 1997. "Happiness and Economic Performance," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 478, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Oswald, A.J., 1997. "Happiness and Economic Performance," Papers 18, Centre for Economic Performance & Institute of Economics.
- Christopher F. Parmeter & Jaren C. Pope, 2013.
"Quasi-experiments and hedonic property value methods,"
Chapters,in: Handbook on Experimental Economics and the Environment, chapter 1, pages 3-66
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Christopher F. Parmeter & Jaren C. Pope, 2012. "Quasi-Experiments and Hedonic Property Value Methods," Working Papers 2012-7, University of Miami, Department of Economics.
- Mokhtarian, Patricia L. & Cao, Xinyu, 2008.
"Examining the impacts of residential self-selection on travel behavior: A focus on methodologies,"
Transportation Research Part B: Methodological,
Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 204-228, March.
- Mokhtarian, Patricia L & Cao, Xinyu, 2008. "Examining the impacts of residential self-selection on travel behavior: A focus on methodologies," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt8bz3z5qm, University of California Transportation Center.
- Nick Hanley & Mandy Ryan & Robert Wright, 2003. "Estimating the monetary value of health care: lessons from environmental economics," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(1), pages 3-16.
- Neidell, Matthew J., 2004. "Air pollution, health, and socio-economic status: the effect of outdoor air quality on childhood asthma," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 1209-1236, November.
- Emmanouil Mentzakis, 2011. "Allowing for heterogeneity in monetary subjective well‐being valuations," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(3), pages 331-347, March.
- Boes, Stefan & Nüesch, Stephan, 2011. "Quasi-experimental evidence on the effect of aircraft noise on apartment rents," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 196-204, March.
- Ada Ferrer-i-Carbonell & Bernard M.S. van Praag, 2002.
"The subjective costs of health losses due to chronic diseases. An alternative model for monetary appraisal,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(8), pages 709-722.
- Ada Ferrer-i-Carbonell & Bernard M. S. van Praag, 2001. "The Subjective Costs of Health Losses Due to Chronic Diseases: An Alternative Model for Monetary Appraisal," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 262, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Greenstone, Michael & Gayer, Ted, 2009.
"Quasi-experimental and experimental approaches to environmental economics,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, pages 21-44.
- Michael Greenstone & Ted Gayer, 2007. "Quasi-Experimental and Experimental Approaches to Environmental Economics," Working Papers 0713, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research.
- Black, Deborah A. & Black, John A. & Issarayangyun, Tharit & Samuels, Stephen E., 2007. "Aircraft noise exposure and resident's stress and hypertension: A public health perspective for airport environmental management," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 13(5), pages 264-276.
- Easterlin, Richard A., 1995. "Will raising the incomes of all increase the happiness of all?," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 35-47, June.
- Coneus, Katja & Spiess, C. Katharina, 2012. "Pollution exposure and child health: Evidence for infants and toddlers in Germany," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 180-196.
- Wim Groot & Henriëtte Maassen van den Brink, 2006. "The compensating income variation of cardiovascular disease," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(10), pages 1143-1148.
- Lucas W. Davis, 2004. "The Effect of Health Risk on Housing Values: Evidence from a Cancer Cluster," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(5), pages 1693-1704, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:oup:oxecpp:v:69:y:2017:i:4:p:918-938. is not listed on IDEAS
- Almer, Christian & Boes, Stefan & Nuesch, Stephan, 2013. "How do Housing Prices Adjust After an Environmental Shock? Evidence from a State-Mandated Change in Aircraft Noise Exposure," Department of Economics Working Papers 37905, University of Bath, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsHealth; noise pollution; selection bias; fixed effects; quasi-experimental data.;
- I10 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - General
- Q53 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Air Pollution; Water Pollution; Noise; Hazardous Waste; Solid Waste; Recycling
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-09-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-EXP-2012-09-30 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-TRE-2012-09-30 (Transport Economics)
- NEP-URE-2012-09-30 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:yor:hectdg:12/21. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Rawlings). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deyoruk.html .