Measuring the economic gain of investing in girls : the girl effect dividend
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Paul Schultz, T., 2002.
"Why Governments Should Invest More to Educate Girls,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 207-225, February.
- T. Paul Schultz, 2001. "Why Governments Should Invest More to Educate Girls," Working Papers 836, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Fajnzylber, Pablo & Maloney, William F., 2005. "Labor demand and trade reform in Latin America," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 423-446, July.
- Hanushek, Eric A. & Woessmann, Ludger, 2007. "The role of education quality for economic growth," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4122, The World Bank.
- Wendy Cunningham & Maria Laura Sanchez-Puerta & Alice Wuermli, 2010. "Active Labor Market Programs for Youth : A Framework to Guide Youth Employment Interventions," World Bank Other Operational Studies 11690, The World Bank.
- Deborah J. Anderson & Melissa Binder & Kate Krause, 2002. "The Motherhood Wage Penalty: Which Mothers Pay It and Why?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(2), pages 354-358, May.
- George Psacharopoulos & Harry Anthony Patrinos, 2004.
"Returns to investment in education: a further update,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(2), pages 111-134.
- Psacharopoulos, George & Patrinos, Harry Anthony, 2002. "Returns to investment in education : a further update," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2881, The World Bank.
- John J. Donohue III & Steven D. Levitt, 2001.
"The Impact of Legalized Abortion on Crime,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 116(2), pages 379-420.
- Donohue, John J. & Levitt, Steven D., 2000. "The Impact of Legalized Abortion on Crime," Berkeley Olin Program in Law & Economics, Working Paper Series qt00p599hk, Berkeley Olin Program in Law & Economics.
- John Donohue & Steven Levitt, 2000. "The Impact of Legalized Abortion on Crime," NBER Working Papers 8004, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joshua Angrist & Eric Bettinger & Erik Bloom & Elizabeth King & Michael Kremer, 2002.
"Vouchers for Private Schooling in Colombia: Evidence from a Randomized Natural Experiment,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 92(5), pages 1535-1558, December.
- Joshua Angrist & Eric Bettinger & Erik Bloom & Elizabeth King & Michael Kremer, 2001. "Vouchers for Private Schooling in Colombia: Evidence from a Randomized Natural Experiment," NBER Working Papers 8343, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joshua Angrist & Eric Bettinger & Erik Bloom & Elizabeth King & Michael Kremer, 2002. "Vouchers for private schooling in colombia: Evidence from a randomized natural experiment," Natural Field Experiments 00203, The Field Experiments Website.
- Ariel Fiszbein & Norbert Schady & Francisco H.G. Ferreira & Margaret Grosh & Niall Keleher & Pedro Olinto & Emmanuel Skoufias, 2009. "Conditional Cash Transfers : Reducing Present and Future Poverty," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2597.
- Sarah Baird & Craig McIntosh & Berk Özler, 2011.
"Cash or Condition? Evidence from a Cash Transfer Experiment,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 126(4), pages 1709-1753.
- Baird, Sarah & Mcintosh, Craig & Ozler, Berk, 2010. "Cash or condition ? evidence from a cash transfer experiment," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5259, The World Bank.
- Jorge Saba Arbache & Alexandre Kolev & Ewa Filipiak, 2010. "Gender Disparities in Africa's Labor Market," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2520.
- Card, David, 1999. "The causal effect of education on earnings," Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 30, pages 1801-1863 Elsevier.
- Cunningham, Wendy & Bagby, Emilie, 2010. "Factors that predispose youth to risk in Mexico and Chile," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5333, The World Bank.
- Bicego, George T. & Ties Boerma, J., 1993. "Maternal education and child survival: A comparative study of survey data from 17 countries," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 36(9), pages 1207-1227, May.
- Alberto Behar, 2004. "Estimates of labour demand elasticities and elasticities of substitution using firm-level manufacturing data," SALDRU/CSSR Working Papers 098, Southern Africa Labour and Development Research Unit, University of Cape Town.
- repec:feb:natura:0004 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Heath, Rachel & Mushfiq Mobarak, A., 2015.
"Manufacturing growth and the lives of Bangladeshi women,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 115(C), pages 1-15.
- Heath, Rachel & Mobarak, A. Mushfiq, 2014. "Manufacturing Growth and the Lives of Bangladeshi Women," IZA Discussion Papers 8483, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Rachel Heath & A. Mushfiq Mobarak, 2014. "Manufacturing Growth and the Lives of Bangladeshi Women," NBER Working Papers 20383, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:eco:journ1:2017-06-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Andrea Atencio & Darwin Cortés & Juan Gallego, 2015. "Gender differences on sexual behavior and school inputs: evidence from Bogota," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO 012437, UNIVERSIDAD DEL ROSARIO.
- Yekaterina Chzhen & Dominic Richardson, 2014. "Young People (not) in the Labour Market in Rich Countries during the Great Recession," Papers inwopa726, Innocenti Working Papers.
- Renata Gukovas & Miriam Muller & Ana Claudia Pereira & Maira Emy Reimao, 2016. "A Snapshot of Gender in Brazil Today," World Bank Other Operational Studies 25976, The World Bank.
- Eugen , GHIORGHIŢĂ, 2015. "The Influence Of Education And Training On Productive Skills, Nature Of Work And Gender Inequality," Annals of Spiru Haret University, Economic Series, Universitatea Spiru Haret, vol. 6(2), pages 65-91.
More about this item
KeywordsPopulation Policies; Adolescent Health; Gender and Development; Primary Education; Gender and Education;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2011-08-15 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2011-08-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEM-2011-08-15 (Demographic Economics)
- NEP-DEV-2011-08-15 (Development)
- NEP-HME-2011-08-15 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-LAB-2011-08-15 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:5753. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .