Maternal education and child survival: A comparative study of survey data from 17 countries
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Halkos, George, 1993. "Economic incentives for optimal sulphur abatement in Europe," MPRA Paper 33705, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ger Klaassen & David Pearce, 1995. "Introduction," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 5(2), pages 85-93, March.
- Michael Grossman, 1972. "The Demand for Health: A Theoretical and Empirical Investigation," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number gros72-1, January.
- Tietenberg, T H, 1990. "Economic Instruments for Environmental Regulation," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(1), pages 17-33, Spring.
- Halkos, George E., 1993. "Sulphur abatement policy: Implications of cost differentials," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(10), pages 1035-1043, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michael Marmot & Ruth Bell & Angela Donkin, 2013. "Tackling Structural and Social Issues to Reduce Inequities in Children’s Outcomes in Low- to Middle-income Countries," Papers indipa708, Innocenti Discussion Papers.
- Marshall Makate, 2016. "Education Policy and Under-Five Survival in Uganda: Evidence from the Demographic and Health Surveys," Social Sciences, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 5(4), pages 1-17, October.
- Lindelow, Magnus, 2004. "Health care decisions as a family matter - intra-household education externalities and the utilization of health services," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3324, The World Bank.
- Bhargava, Alok & Fox-Kean, Melanie, 2003.
"The effects of maternal education versus cognitive test scores on child nutrition in Kenya,"
Economics & Human Biology,
Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 309-319, December.
- Melanie Fox-Kean & Alok Bhargava, 2004. "The effects of meternal education versus cognitive test scores on child nutrition in Kenya," Econometric Society 2004 North American Winter Meetings 39, Econometric Society.
- Makate, Marshall & Makate, Clifton, 2016. "The causal effect of increased primary schooling on child mortality in Malawi: Universal primary education as a natural experiment," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 168(C), pages 72-83.
- repec:eee:socmed:v:183:y:2017:i:c:p:56-61 is not listed on IDEAS
- Masset, Edoardo & White, Howard, 2003. "Infant and Child Mortality in Andhra Pradesh: Analysing changes over time and between states," MPRA Paper 11206, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hakobyan, Mihran & Mkrtchyan, Ararat & Yepiskoposyan, Levon, 2006. "Infant mortality in Armenia, 1992-2003," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 351-358, December.
- Chaaban, Jad & Cunningham, Wendy, 2011. "Measuring the economic gain of investing in girls : the girl effect dividend," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5753, The World Bank.
- Sabiha Ibrahim, 1999. "Anthropometric Patterns and Correlates of Growth Attainment in Under-five Pakistani Children," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 38(2), pages 131-152.
- Kandala, Ngianga-Bakwin & Magadi, Monica Akinyi & Madise, Nyovani Janet, 2006. "An investigation of district spatial variations of childhood diarrhoea and fever morbidity in Malawi," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 62(5), pages 1138-1152, March.
- Bhan, Gautam & Bhandari, Nita & Taneja, Sunita & Mazumder, Sarmila & Bahl, Rajiv, 2005. "The effect of maternal education on gender bias in care-seeking for common childhood illnesses," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 60(4), pages 715-724, February.
- Vikram, Kriti & Vanneman, Reeve & Desai, Sonalde, 2012. "Linkages between maternal education and childhood immunization in India," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 331-339.
- Sethuraman, Kavita, 2008. "The Role of Women?s Empowerment and Domestic Violence in Child Growth and Undernutrition in a Tribal and Rural Community in South India," WIDER Working Paper Series 015, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Hajizadeh, Mohammad & Nandi, Arijit & Heymann, Jody, 2014. "Social inequality in infant mortality: What explains variation across low and middle income countries?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 36-46.
- Regina Fuchs & Elsie Pamuk & Wolfgang Lutz, 2010. "Education or wealth: which matters more for reducing child mortality in developing countries?," Vienna Yearbook of Population Research, Vienna Institute of Demography (VID) of the Austrian Academy of Sciences in Vienna, vol. 8(1), pages 175-199.
- Cornia, Giovanni Andrea & Rosignoli, Stefano & Tiberti, Luca, 2007.
"Globalisation and health: impact pathways and recent evidence,"
Center for Global, International and Regional Studies, Working Paper Series
qt2358z815, Center for Global, International and Regional Studies, UC Santa Cruz.
- Cornia, Giovanni Andrea & Rosignoli, Stefano & Tiberti, Luca, 2008. "Globalization and Health: Impact Pathways and Recent Evidence," WIDER Working Paper Series 074, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Ali, Amjad & Bibi, Chan, 2016. "Determinants of Social Progress and its Scenarios under the role of Macroeconomic Instability: Empirics from Pakistan," MPRA Paper 72920, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sawchuk, Lawrence A. & Tripp, Lianne & Melnychenko, Ulianna, 2013. "The Jewish Advantage and Household Security: Life Expectancy among 19th Century Sephardim of Gibraltar," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 360-370.
- Matthias Rieger & Sofia Karina Trommlerová, 2016. "Age-Specific Correlates of Child Growth," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 53(1), pages 241-267, February.
- Bhargava, Alok, 2003. "Family planning, gender differences and infant mortality: evidence from Uttar Pradesh, India," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 112(1), pages 225-240, January.
- Somanathan, Aparnaa, 2008. "Use of modern medical care for pregnancy and childbirth care : does female schooling matter ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4625, The World Bank.
- Kenneth Harttgen & Stefan Lang & Judith Santer, 2015. "Multilevel Modelling of Child Mortality in Africa," Working Papers 2015-03, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Sadique, M. Z. & Asadullah, M. N., 2006. "Identifying the effect of public health program on child immunisation in rural Bangladesh," Working Papers 06/06, Department of Economics, City University London.
- Quamruzzaman, Amm & Mendoza Rodríguez, José M. & Heymann, Jody & Kaufman, Jay S. & Nandi, Arijit, 2014. "Are tuition-free primary education policies associated with lower infant and neonatal mortality in low- and middle-income countries?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 120(C), pages 153-159.
More about this item
Keywordschildhood mortality education comparative;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:36:y:1993:i:9:p:1207-1227. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .