Estimates of labour demand elasticities and elasticities of substitution using firm-level manufacturing data
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Charlotte Toit & Reneéa Koekemoer, 2003. "A Labour Model For South Africa," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 71(1), pages 49-76, March.
- Binswanger, Hans P, 1974.
"The Measurement of Technical Change Biases with Many Factors of Production,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 64(6), pages 964-976, December.
- Binswanger, Hans P., 1973. "The Measurement Of Technical Change Biases With Many Factors Of Production," Staff Papers 14205, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Haroon Bhorat & Paul Lundall, 2004. "Employment, Wages And Skills Development: Firm-Specific Effects - Evidence From A Firm Survey In South Africa," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 72(5), pages 1023-1056, December.
- Oi, Walter Y. & Idson, Todd L., 1999. "Firm size and wages," Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 33, pages 2165-2214 Elsevier.
- Christensen, Laurits R & Jorgenson, Dale W & Lau, Lawrence J, 1973. "Transcendental Logarithmic Production Frontiers," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 55(1), pages 28-45, February.
- Chung, Jae Wan, 1987. "On the Estimation of Factor Substitution in the Translog Model," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 69(3), pages 409-417, August.
- Anderson, Richard G & Thursby, Jerry G, 1986. "Confidence Intervals for Elasticity Estimators in Translog Models," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 68(4), pages 647-656, November.
- Mark Doms & Timothy Dunne & Kenneth R. Troske, 1997. "Workers, Wages, and Technology," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 112(1), pages 253-290.
- Lawrence Edwards, 2004. "A firm level analysis of trade, technology and employment in South Africa," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(1), pages 45-61.
- Haroon Bhorat & Paul Lundall, 2002. "Employment, Wages and Skills Development: Firm Specific Effects - Evidence from Two Firm Surveys in South Africa," Working Papers 02068, University of Cape Town, Development Policy Research Unit.
- Teal, Francis, 2000.
"Real wages and the demand for skilled and unskilled male labour in Ghana's manufacturing sector: 1991-1995,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 447-461, April.
- Francis Teal, 1997. "Real wages and the demand for skilled and unskilled male labour in Ghana's manufacturing sector: 1991-1995," CSAE Working Paper Series 1997-10, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Nicoli Nattrass, 2004. "Unemployment and aids: the social-democratic challenge for South Africa," Development Southern Africa, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(1), pages 87-108.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chaaban, Jad & Cunningham, Wendy, 2011. "Measuring the economic gain of investing in girls : the girl effect dividend," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5753, The World Bank.
- Muriel Hernández, Beatriz & Machicado Salas , Carlos Gustavo, 2014.
"Empleo y Regulación Laboral: Análisis Empírico de Las Firmas Manufactureras Bolivianas, 1988-2007,"
Revista Latinoamericana de Desarrollo Economico,
Instituto de Investigaciones Socio-Económicas (IISEC), Universidad Católica Boliviana, issue 21, pages 9-60, Mayo.
- Beatriz Muriel Hernández & Carlos Gustavo Machicado Salas, 2012. "Empleo y Regulación Laboral: Análisis Empírico de las Firmas Manufactureras Bolivianas, 1988 - 2007," Development Research Working Paper Series 13/2012, Institute for Advanced Development Studies.
- Alberto Behar, 2005.
"Does training benefit those who do not get any? Elasticities of complementarity and factor price in South Africa,"
Economics Series Working Papers
244, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Alberto Behar, 2008. "Does training benefit those who do not get any? Elasticities of complementarity and factor price in South Africa," Working Papers 73, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Sparrow, G.N. & Ortmann, Gerald F. & Lyne, Michael C. & Darroch, Mark A.G., 2008. "Determinants of the demand for regular farm labour in South Africa, 1960-2002," Agrekon, Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA), vol. 47(1), March.
- Vicente Ruiz, 2016. "Groundwater Overdraft, Electricity, and Wrong Incentives: Evidence from Mexico," Working Papers 2016.05, FAERE - French Association of Environmental and Resource Economists.
- Frederick C.v.N. Fourie, 2011. "The South African unemployment debate: three worlds, three discourses?," SALDRU Working Papers 63, Southern Africa Labour and Development Research Unit, University of Cape Town.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ldr:cssrwp:098. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alison Siljeur). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sauctza.html .