Capital-Energy Substitution Revisted: New Evidence From Micro Data
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Doms, Mark E, 1996.
"Estimating Capital Efficiency Schedules within Production Functions,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 34(1), pages 78-92, January.
- Mark E Doms, 1992. "Estimating Capital Efficiency Schedules Within Production Functions," Working Papers 92-4, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Norsworthy, J R & Malmquist, David H, 1983. "Input Measurement and Productivity Growth in Japanese and U.S. Manufacturing," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(5), pages 947-967, December.
- Wales, Terence J., 1977. "On the flexibility of flexible functional forms : An empirical approach," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 183-193, March.
- Nguyen, Sang V & Reznek, Arnold P, 1993. "Factor Substitution in Small and Large U.S. Manufacturing Establishments: 1977-82," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 37-54, March.
- Catherine Morrison, 1993. "Energy and Capital: Further Exploration of E-K Interactions and Economic Performance," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 217-244.
- Apostolakis, Bobby E., 1990. "Energy--capital substitutability/ complementarity : The dichotomy," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 48-58, January.
- Pindyck, Robert S & Rotemberg, Julio J, 1983. "Dynamic Factor Demands and the Effects of Energy Price Shocks," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(5), pages 1066-1079, December.
- Turnovsky, Michelle & Folie, Michael & Ulph, Alistair, 1982. "Factor Substitutability in Australian Manufacturing with Emphasis on Energy Inputs," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 58(160), pages 61-72, March.
- Chung, Jae Wan, 1987. "On the Estimation of Factor Substitution in the Translog Model," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 69(3), pages 409-417, August.
- Solow, John L, 1987. "The Capital-Energy Complementarity Debate Revisited," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(4), pages 605-614, September.
- Sang V. Nguyen & Stephen H. Andrews, 1989. "The Effect of Energy Aggregation on Energy Elasticities: Some Evidence from U.S. Manufacturing Data," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 149-156.
- Anderson, Richard G & Thursby, Jerry G, 1986. "Confidence Intervals for Elasticity Estimators in Translog Models," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 68(4), pages 647-656, November.
- Blackorby, Charles & Russell, R Robert, 1989. "Will the Real Elasticity of Substitution Please Stand Up? (A Comparison of the Allen/Uzawa and Morishima Elasticities)," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(4), pages 882-888, September.
- Turnovsky, Michelle H L & Donnelly, William A, 1984. "Energy Substitution, Separability, and Technical Progress in the Australian Iron and Steel Industry," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 2(1), pages 54-63, January.
- W. Erwin Diewert, 2003. "Measuring Capital," NBER Working Papers 9526, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Douglas W Dwyer, 1997. "Productivity Races II: The Issue of Capital Measurement," Working Papers 97-3, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Morrison, C. J. & Berndt, E. R., 1981. "Short-run labor productivity in a dynamic model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 339-365, August.
- Griffin, James M & Gregory, Paul R, 1976. "An Intercountry Translog Model of Energy Substitution Responses," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 66(5), pages 845-857, December.
- Chambers,Robert G., 1988. "Applied Production Analysis," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521314275.
- Humphrey, David Burras & Moroney, John R, 1975. "Substitution among Capital, Labor, and Natural Resource Products in American Manufacturing," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 83(1), pages 57-82, February.
- Kulatilaka, Nalin, 1985. "Tests on the validity of static equilibrium models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 253-268, May.
- Griffin, James M, 1981. "Engineering and Econometric Interpretations of Energy-Capital Complementarity: Comment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(5), pages 1100-1104, December.
- Burgess, David F., 1975. "Duality theory and pitfalls in the specification of technologies," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 105-121, May.
- Zvi Griliches, 1967. "Production Functions in Manufacturing: Some Preliminary Results," NBER Chapters,in: The Theory and Empirical Analysis of Production, pages 275-340 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Giulia BETTIN & Alessia LO TURCO & Daniela MAGGIONI, 2011. "A firm level perspective on migration," Working Papers 360, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Shankar, Bhavani & Piesse, Jenifer & Thirtle, Colin, 2003.
"Energy substitutability in transition agriculture: estimates and implications for Hungary,"
Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists,
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 29(2), October.
- Shankar, Bhavani & Piesse, Jenifer & Thirtle, Colin, 2003. "Energy substitutability in transition agriculture: estimates and implications for Hungary," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 29(2), pages 181-193, October.
- Giulia Bettin & Alessia Lo Turco & Daniela Maggioni, 2014. "A firm level perspective on migration: the role of extra-EU workers in Italian manufacturing," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 42(3), pages 305-325, December.
- Valeria Costantini & Francesco Crespi & Elena Paglialunga, 2018. "Capital-energy substitutability in manufacturing sectors: methodological and policy implications," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0234, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
More about this item
KeywordsCES; economic; research; micro; data; microdata; chief; economist;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cen:wpaper:97-4. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Erica Coates). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cesgvus.html .