Bank ownership and performance in the Middle East and North Africa region
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Tobias Körner & Isabel Schnabel, 2010.
"Public Ownership of Banks and Economic Growth – The Role of Heterogeneity,"
Discussion Paper Series of the Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods
2010_41, Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods.
- Körner, Tobias & Schnabel, Isabel, 2010. "Public Ownership of Banks and Economic Growth - The Role of Heterogeneity," CEPR Discussion Papers 8138, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Eduardo Levy-Yeyat & Alejandro Micco & Ugo Panizza, 2007. "A Reappraisal of State-Owned Banks," ECONOMIA JOURNAL, THE LATIN AMERICAN AND CARIBBEAN ECONOMIC ASSOCIATION - LACEA, vol. 0(Spring 20), pages 209-259, January.
- Rima Turk Ariss, 2008. "Financial liberalization and bank efficiency: evidence from post-war Lebanon," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(11), pages 931-946.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Caporale, Guglielmo Maria & Lodh, Suman & Nandy, Monomita, 2017.
"The performance of banks in the MENA region during the global financial crisis,"
Research in International Business and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 583-590.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Suman Lodh & Monomita Nandy, 2016. "The Performance of Banks in the MENA Region During the Global Financial Crisis," CESifo Working Paper Series 5921, CESifo Group Munich.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Suman Lodh & Monomita Nandy, 2016. "The Performance of Banks in the MENA Region during the Global Financial Crisis," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1580, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Adolfo Barajas & Ralph Chami & Seyed Reza Yousefi, 2016.
"The Finance and Growth Nexus Re-Examined: Do All Countries Benefit Equally?,"
Journal of Banking and Financial Economics,
University of Warsaw, Faculty of Management, vol. 1(5), pages 5-38, June.
- Adolfo Barajas & Ralph Chami & Reza Yousefi, 2013. "The Finance and Growth Nexus Re-Examined; Do All Countries Benefit Equally?," IMF Working Papers 13/130, International Monetary Fund.
- Michael, Bryane & Apostoloski, Nenad, 2012.
"The Middle Eastern Wealth Management Industry: Boon or Bust?,"
52069, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Michael, Bryane & Apostoloski, Nenad, 2014. "The Middle Eastern Wealth Management Industry: Boon or Bust?," EconStor Preprints 109022, ZBW - German National Library of Economics.
- Alqahtani, Faisal & Mayes, David G. & Brown, Kym, 2017. "Reprint of Economic turmoil and Islamic banking: Evidence from the Gulf Cooperation Council," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 113-125.
- Haque, Faizul & Brown, Kym, 2017. "Bank ownership, regulation and efficiency: Perspectives from the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) Region," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 273-293.
- Alqahtani, Faisal & Mayes, David G. & Brown, Kym, 2016. "Economic turmoil and Islamic banking: Evidence from the Gulf Cooperation Council," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 44-56.
- World Bank, 2017. "Towards Privilege-Resistant Economic Policies in MENA," World Bank Other Operational Studies 27525, The World Bank.
- repec:eee:intfin:v:51:y:2017:i:c:p:58-74 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsBanks&Banking Reform; Access to Finance; Debt Markets; Corporate Law; Bankruptcy and Resolution of Financial Distress;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-04-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-ARA-2011-04-16 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-BAN-2011-04-16 (Banking)
- NEP-CWA-2011-04-16 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-EFF-2011-04-16 (Efficiency & Productivity)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:5620. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .