Too big to fail: some empirical evidence on the causes and consequences of public banking interventions in the United Kingdom
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Aït-Sahalia, Yacine & Andritzky, Jochen & Jobst, Andreas & Nowak, Sylwia & Tamirisa, Natalia, 2012.
"Market response to policy initiatives during the global financial crisis,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 162-177.
- Yacine Aït-Sahalia & Jochen Andritzky & Andreas Jobst & Sylwia Nowak & Natalia Tamirisa, 2010. "Market Response to Policy Initiatives during the Global Financial Crisis," NBER Working Papers 15809, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ehrmann, Michael & Gambacorta, Leonardo & Martinéz Pagés, Jorge & Sevestre, Patrick & Worms, Andreas, 2001.
"Financial systems and the role of banks in monetary policy transmission in the euro area,"
Working Paper Series
0105, European Central Bank.
- Sevestre, Patrick & Martinez-Pages, Jorge & Gambacorta, Leonardo & Ehrmann, Michael & Worms, Andreas, 2001. "Financial systems and the role of banks in monetary policy transmission in the euro area," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2001,18, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Michael Ehrmann & Leonardo Gambacorta & Jorge Martínez-Pagés & Patrick Sevestre & Andreas Worms, 2001. "Financial Systems and the Role of Banks in Monetary Policy Transmission in the Euro Area," Working Papers 0118, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Michael Ehrmann & Leonardo Gambacorta & Jorge Martï¿½nez-Pagï¿½s & Patrick Sevestre & Andreas Worms, 2001. "Fynancial Systems and the Role of Banks in Monetary Policy Transmission in the Euro area," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 432, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Eduardo Levy-Yeyat & Alejandro Micco & Ugo Panizza, 2007. "A Reappraisal of State-Owned Banks," ECONOMIA JOURNAL, THE LATIN AMERICAN AND CARIBBEAN ECONOMIC ASSOCIATION - LACEA, vol. 0(Spring 20), pages 209-259, January.
- Luc Laeven & Fabian Valencia, 2010. "Resolution of Banking Crises; The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly," IMF Working Papers 10/146, International Monetary Fund.
- Tigran Poghosyan & Martin Cihak, 2009. "Distress in European Banks; An Analysis Basedon a New Dataset," IMF Working Papers 09/9, International Monetary Fund.
- repec:hrv:faseco:30747188 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Claudia Buch & Catherine Koch & Michael Koetter, 2016. "Crises and rescues: liquidity transmission through international banks," BIS Working Papers 576, Bank for International Settlements.
- Alin-Marius ANDRIEȘ & Florentina IEȘAN-MUNTEAN & Simona NISTOR, 2016. "The effectiveness of policy interventions in CEE countries," Eastern Journal of European Studies, Centre for European Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, vol. 7, pages 93-124, June.
- Irina Petkova Kazandjieva-Yordanova, 2017. "Does the Too Big to Fail Doctrine Have a Future?," Economic Alternatives, University of National and World Economy, Sofia, Bulgaria, issue 1, pages 51-78, March.
- Stefan Avdjiev & Elod Takats, 2016. "Monetary policy spillovers and currency networks in cross-border bank lending," BIS Working Papers 549, Bank for International Settlements.
- Gerhardt, Maria & Vennet, Rudi Vander, 2017.
"Bank bailouts in Europe and bank performance,"
Finance Research Letters,
Elsevier, vol. 22(C), pages 74-80.
- Maria Gerhardt & Rudi Vander Vennet, 2016. " Bank Bailouts In Europe And Bank Performance," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 16/921, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Adrian Van Rixtel & Luna Romo González & Jing Yang, 2015.
"The determinants of long-term debt issuance by European banks: evidence of two crises,"
BIS Working Papers
513, Bank for International Settlements.
- Adrian van Rixtel & Luna Romo González & Jing Yang, 2016. "The determinants of long-term debt issuance by European banks: evidence of two crises," Working Papers 1621, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Hryckiewicz, Aneta, 2014.
"The problem with government interventions: The wrong banks, inadequate strategies, or ineffective measures?,"
64074, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hryckiewicz, Aneta, 2014. "The problem with government interventions: The wrong banks, inadequate strategies, or ineffective measures?," MPRA Paper 56730, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Claudia M Buch & Linda S Goldberg, 2015.
"International Banking and Liquidity Risk Transmission: Lessons from Across Countries,"
IMF Economic Review,
Palgrave Macmillan;International Monetary Fund, vol. 63(3), pages 377-410, November.
- Buch, Claudia M. & Goldberg, Linda, 2014. "International banking and liquidity risk transmission: Lessons from across countries," Discussion Papers 17/2014, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Buch, Claudia M. & Goldberg, Linda S., 2014. "International banking and liquidity risk transmission: lessons from across countries," Staff Reports 675, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Claudia M. Buch & Linda S. Goldberg, 2014. "International Banking and Liquidity Risk Transmission: Lessons from Across Countries," NBER Working Papers 20286, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hryckiewicz, Aneta, 2014. "What do we know about the impact of government interventions in the banking sector? An assessment of various bailout programs on bank behavior," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 246-265.
- De Caux, Robert & McGroarty, Frank & Brede, Markus, 2017. "The evolution of risk and bailout strategy in banking systems," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 468(C), pages 109-118.
- Francis, William, 2014. "UK deposit-taker responses to the financial crisis: what are the lessons?," Bank of England working papers 501, Bank of England.
- Shekhar Aiyar & Charles W. Calomiris & Tomasz Wieladek, 2015. "How to Strengthen the Regulation of Bank Capital: Theory, Evidence, and A Proposal," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 27(1), pages 27-36, March.
More about this item
Keywordsnationalisation; capital injection; liquidity; crisis; foreign; empirical; data; logit;
- G38 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Government Policy and Regulation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-09-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2012-09-03 (Banking)
- NEP-CBA-2012-09-03 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MON-2012-09-03 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:boe:boeewp:0460. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Digital Media Team). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/boegvuk.html .